Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Santa isn't real son. Nor is Star Citizen. It's not a game.
It's a delusion. A delusion that funds holidays and pollinates smaller delusions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Just from the last page and simply responding to me saying I'm excited about the game. I got even worse yesterday. I even got banned by one of the mods.

That is fairly vindictive bringing these up.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I noticed I got banned for 6 hours yesterday because I sarcastically replied to someone who was being rude to me and the game.

Are you saying I'm not going to be allowed to post here?

You got probated for six hours because you're apparently incapable of creating a sarcastic post without resorting to Internet slang that makes you look like a twelve-year old. Don't worry about it. It happens.

And frankly if you can't handle people being rude "to the game" then you should look elsewhere. Star Citizen is a case study in feature creep mismanaged by incompetent frauds who have exploited the trust of hundreds of thousands of people. The product itself is as shallow, derivative, and creatively bankrupt as those in charge of it. It is not a game, it is a scam.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Sillybones posted:

That is fairly vindictive bringing these up.

I mean it happened like 30 minutes ago and I was just referencing the fact that they occurred. Do you want to let bygones be bygones and start fresh? I am always willing to forgive as no real harm was done.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I can't change how people feel and its unfortunate many of you feel that way. I was just countering the assertion that "nobody here is threatened by the game". There clearly is some bad blood here.

Some people feel like their decision to get a refund or the opinions they've made many posts on for years will be invalidated if anything even remotely positive comes out of the star citizen community. Its a classic sunk cost fallacy.

Its why we get so many kneejerk posts. Like someone posts a tweet "Star Citizen is shaping up to be a great game" and like 3 people trip over themselves to say "its not a game smug"

I have never given money to this non-game because it is run by an incompetent.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You got probated for six hours because you're apparently incapable of creating a sarcastic post without resorting to Internet slang that makes you look like a twelve-year old.

And frankly if you can't handle people being rude "to the game" then you should look elsewhere. Star Citizen is a case study in feature creep mismanaged by incompetent frauds who have exploited the trust of hundreds of thousands of people. The product itself is as shallow, derivative, and creatively bankrupt as those in charge of it. It is not a game, it is a scam.

Well I'll keep in mind to try not to use memes here from now on.

I disagree that its a scam. You don't employ that many people and kill yourselves in crunch if you were just looking to make a scam buck off someone.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I noticed I got banned for 6 hours yesterday because I sarcastically replied to someone who was being rude to me and the game.

what he/she is saying is improve your posting or get the gently caress out. Dead gay comedy forum has standards.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

Mr.Tophat posted:

Santa isn't real son. Nor is Star Citizen. It's not a game.
It's a delusion. A delusion that funds holidays and pollinates smaller delusions.

what about santa ball? or is that a CR myth?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Just from the last page and simply responding to me saying I'm excited about the game. I got even worse yesterday. I even got banned by one of the mods.

Nope.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

intardnation posted:

Dead gay comedy forum has standards.

See, now this is a funny post.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Wow. Well I'll keep in mind to try not to use memes here from now on.

I disagree that its a scam. You don't employ that many people and kill yourselves in crunch if you were just looking to make a scam buck off someone.

Star Citizen is like those hostage situation where the antagonists demand a helicopter, and everyone is like, sure, there's a chopper on it's way, no problem sir. Everyone knows flashbangs are the only way out of it, they just agree that the chopper will be unharmed on its way to Mexico out of common courtesy.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Also, there are Scientologists and Amway sales people who work really hard too.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I can't change how people feel and its unfortunate many of you feel that way. I was just countering the assertion that "nobody here is threatened by the game". There clearly is some bad blood here.

Some people feel like their decision to get a refund or the opinions they've made many posts on for years will be invalidated if anything even remotely positive comes out of the star citizen community. Its a classic sunk cost fallacy.

Its why we get so many kneejerk posts. Like someone posts a tweet "Star Citizen is shaping up to be a great game" and like 3 people trip over themselves to say "its not a game smug"

it is this attitude that is killing the game. And CR as well.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

intardnation posted:

it is this attitude that is killing the game. And CR as well.

I don't know about killing. But Yea theres been a lot of refunds this year and I know they raised a lot of money but it has to be a dent.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

intardnation posted:

what about santa ball? or is that a CR myth?

Santa Ball? Do you slow dance with St. Nick and get drunk on eggnog? You fucker now I want a mince pie. And an IDRIS to hang on my imaginatary mantlepiece.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/michigan-dog-saves-owners-life-by-lying-on-him-for-24-hours-in-freezing-conditions/85240996/

dogge saves mans life. Do you think it could have kept ben warm?

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I don't know about killing. But Yea theres been a lot of refunds this year and I know they raised a lot of money but it has to be a dent.

Have you ever shown your testicles on the internet? Asking for a friend

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

TrustmeImLegit posted:

oh you mean like a ponzi scheme.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
If you look at the positives of Star Citizen it's currently a very very good way to stand in / near a corridor and also it's en extremely good way to be the shape of a spaceship and walk around in a skybox

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

TrustmeImLegit posted:

When hundreds of people are being lied to in order to part with their money, those who promote the scam for what ever reason will face hostility from those who have the interests of others at heart.

Stop giving these people money. They have 7 times more funding than they said they needed to release this game in 2014 and when they extended their funding they explicitly said it would not increase the timescales. They are liars who care about nothing but keeping the funding flowing. Stop apologising for them, their efforts over the past 5 years have been pathetic compared to almost every single game released in the same time period, all of which had smaller teams and smaller budgets.

There is no excuse, Chris Roberts is an unstoppable narcissist and he will never stop lying or taking people's money until he is forced to.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
That is like a horoscope for games. It describes the primary themes of every game released in the past 30 years.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Sillybones posted:

That is like a horoscope for games. It describes the primary themes of every game released in the past 30 years.

I'm a Scorpio!

How much money do I lose?

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

How many JPEGS are required to save my pc gaming soul?

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

I just want to play a game where I not only see crates, but I ship them in a ship. Is that too much to ask?

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

TrustmeImLegit posted:

"we"? you've only been here for a day apparently

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I'm a Virgo.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
As Chris Roberts has now gone on the record describing Star Citizen as a Ponzi scheme, I wrote a new section "Gamestar interview" update

http://dereksmart.com/forums/topic/star-citizen-musings/#post-5198

PCgamesN

http://www.pcinvasion.com/squadron-42-fund-star-citizen-cash

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jan 15, 2017

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Booourns posted:

"we"? you've only been here for a day apparently

Don't nitpick words dude.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I mean a lot of goons are heavy backers. Didn't one of the mods only just get a refund for hundreds of dollars?

Checkmate, goonie. Hundreds of dollars is not a heavy backer for star citizen.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

TrustmeImLegit posted:

All their money is gone. Do you not know this? A recent article has Chris saying they can't finish the game without more money. A dent, lmao. Im dying. Thanks for this horrible post.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Don't nitpick words dude.

What's with it with you goons and Star Citizen? Can't you just have a moderate position?

I for one am cautiously optimistic for the outcome of this project. I feel my purchaplegation is in safe hands.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Goobs posted:

All their money is gone.

This is clearly false as paychecks are still being cashed etc (a thousand other things that show they have money)

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
"We plan the scope of the development based on what arrives monthly by the people to support...(T)he money just comes in. We have no control over how much comes in at any particular month."

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

TrustmeImLegit posted:

This is clearly false as paychecks are still being cashed etc (a thousand other things that show they have money)

Unrelated, how long have you known you have autism?

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Sillybones posted:

What's with it with you goons and Star Citizen? Can't you just have a moderate position?

I for one am cautiously optimistic for the outcome of this project. I feel my purchaplegation is in safe hands.

I think I'm pretty moderate.

A lot of my org buds think no SQ42 shown is no big deal, everything's great etc. I thought it sucked I was looking forward to seeing some stuff. But I don't spiral into negativity and see stuff that simply isn't there. Some of you make Annabelle Huxley on RSI look unbiased.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Sillybones posted:

Unrelated, how long have you known you have autism?

I thought you were going to be nicer to me? Now you imply I have a mental illness? I'm not stupid I see what you are trying to do here. I do not have autism.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I thought you were going to be nicer to me? Now you imply I have a mental illness?

Your gimmick is still poo poo.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Theranos would suggest otherwise.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I think I'm pretty moderate.

A lot of my org buds think no SQ42 shown is no big deal, everything's great etc. I thought it sucked I was looking forward to seeing some stuff. But I don't spiral into negativity and see stuff that simply isn't there. Some of you make Annabelle Huxley on RSI look unbiased.

So are you going to be sticking around in the thread for a while?

If so, tell us your red line. The next milestone that would need to be missed or massively hosed up for you to lose faith in the project. What's your breaking point?

What about SQ42 not coming out in 2017? Perhaps they release some lovely 1 hour "prologue" mission to try to shut people up. Would that be a step too far?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

TrustmeImLegit posted:

lol. Why is it people complain the most about sixers? Go out and take a hike/walk/experience nature or do some chores around the house instead of ripping your hair out about not being able to defend your "game's" honor.

edit: cat tax