Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:
The wild, Bokoblin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Yeah and the old man refers to him as Calamity Ganon in bold and red in-dialogue so I guess that's his name now

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

He was a man, but then he became a monster who was no longer a man, and after that he became the end of the world.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Crawfish posted:

So if dogs are tameable and work similar to how Wolf Link works, i'm going to assume Horse Link summons Epona as a tameable horse.

If that's the case, i'm liking how these non anniversary Zelda amiibo work. Not gating any features, just giving Zelda themed skins for stuff you can already have.

I don't remember the Zelda game where Link transforms into a horse.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Bongo Bill posted:

He was a man, but then he became a monster who was no longer a man, and after that he became the end of the world.

TROGDOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Nickoten posted:

Kinda like that one game, I think it was called "That Dragon, Cancer"?

that wasn't a japanese game, or possibly even a game

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

The Silver Snail posted:

I don't remember the Zelda game where Link transforms into a horse.
In my mind, Horse Link Amiibo sounded better than Link on Horse Amiibo.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

The White Dragon posted:

that wasn't a japanese game, or possibly even a game

I meant it as an equivalent phrase in English, not an example of a Japanese game using it.

Looking back at that post, it does seem unclear. Sorry!

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Is link still silent?

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

Bombadilillo posted:

Is link still silent?

he HOOO HOOO HA!s but no voice acting so far

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufp4Dr7rNPU
Big BAND LIVE TUNES! Is that one of the WWF nasty boys on clarinet?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

The map that comes with the Special Editions has some plot synopsis details on it in Hylian:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Hylian is an actual language?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Cojawfee posted:

Has been for several games.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

It's an alphabet. Substitution cipher for English. Think it started in Wind Waker.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
I guess you'd call something like that a Japanese cypher?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I guess I didn't really notice because my version of Twilight Princess was loving backwards.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Cojawfee posted:

I guess I didn't really notice because my version of Twilight Princess was loving backwards.

I think it's been a thing since Ocarina of Time, but I'm not sure. Also, only the biggest of spergs cared to figure it out. Most normal players don't even know it's a thing.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

They've been doing it since ocarina yes, but in that, MM, and WW they were ciphers of Japanese. Starting in Twilight Princess they switched to an English substitution alphabet and have continued doing that since.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Divine beasts in 4 directions, eh?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

mastajake posted:

Looks like the 4 guys in either corner, the little glimpses of them in the trailers really remind me of Shadow of the Colossus which mixed with Austin Walker saying the game reminds him a lot of Dragon's Dogma has me hyped as hell.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

mastajake posted:

So we're gonna fight a tiger, a phoenix, a turtle, and a dragon. Probably get a green gem from the tiger, a red gem from the phoenix, a blue gem from the turtle, and an incomplete master sword from the dragon.

Then probably 2-3 more dungeons before it's Ganon time.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Reinanigans posted:

So we're gonna fight a tiger, a phoenix, a turtle, and a dragon. Probably get a green gem from the tiger, a red gem from the phoenix, a blue gem from the turtle, and an incomplete master sword from the dragon.

Take a closer look at the map corners it looks like those might be the divine beast, can't figure out top right, top left is some bird so probably a phoenix like you said, but I see a some sort of camel and an elephant on the bottom corners.

Edit: I just noticed each of them has someone riding them.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

mastajake posted:

They must be the mechanical giants we've seen in the trailers. The Airship buzzing around the desert plateaus must be the Bird from the map, then the Lizard is the thing we see climbing the mountain in the latest trailers.

E: the Camel is the other beast we see stomping around for maybe 1.5 seconds, while I expect the Elephant is the half-buried structure we see with the Gerudo and her sand-walrus.

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jan 15, 2017

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Top right one looks like a frog to me.

e: Actually it has a tail so I guess not. Unless it's some kind of fantastical mechanical frog lizard thing, but that's just ridiculous.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Huh, the Goron, Rito, and Zora characters all have the same blue scarf.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

are we sure the bird people are Rito?

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

TFRazorsaw posted:

are we sure the bird people are Rito?

No, but we don't have a different name yet.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I just call them Falcos.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Reinanigans posted:

My guess is that we're going to fight in those things. Meaning that those things are the dungeons rather than those things being the bosses.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I can't wait to watch videos of people beating Ganon in their shorts with only sticks and using all kinds of physics nonsense to speedrun.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

MokBa posted:

I can't wait to watch videos of people beating Ganon in their shorts with only sticks and using all kinds of physics nonsense to speedrun.

"If you throw this boulder at just the right angle and bounce it off this bokoblin's skull, you can catapult yourself and glitch your way into Hyrule Castle."

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Blue seems to be a major color choice. Wonder if it's an aesthetic reason.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
The blue lobster tunic was the only proper way to play Wind Waker and Nintendo is finally recognizing that fact.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Reinanigans posted:

Nice, I can't wait to fight the poo poo out of the Sì Xiàng. :cool:

It's the little things like that which really make this special.

Edit: They could also be the Sì Líng, if that's more recognizable to people. Ever play Shin Megami Tensei?

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jan 15, 2017

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Hmm. Maybe you get unbreakable versions of each of their weapons for beating certain dungeons. A hammer, trident/spear, and bow?

BowieFett
Oct 21, 2008

Phimosissy posted:

My guess is that we're going to fight in those things. Meaning that those things are the dungeons rather than those things being the bosses.

That's my guess too. We've already seen the giant mechanical bird from one of the earlier trailers.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Electric Phantasm posted:

Blue seems to be a major color choice. Wonder if it's an aesthetic reason.

I read that it's so Link would pop out more against the super verdant areas

Willing to bet that the kokiri tunic will incorporate a blue scarf too

Calaveron fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jan 15, 2017

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Those guys are probably the guardians/sages of the dungeons/temples. The ruto has the big bird on his scarf. I bet the others have their dungeon symbols too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Regy Rusty posted:

They've been doing it since ocarina yes, but in that, MM, and WW they were ciphers of Japanese. Starting in Twilight Princess they switched to an English substitution alphabet and have continued doing that since.

Also they change it like, every console generation. Personally I like the Wind Waker and Skyward Sword ones best, but that's just me.