Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Arist posted:

I mean, geez, our old belligerent trolls at least fuckin tried, you know

I'm not trolling, it's a terrible show and unless you're a 13 year old girl you should be ashamed to proclaim that you enjoy it. Now put me on ignore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Rhyno posted:

I'm not trolling, it's a terrible show and unless you're a 13 year old girl you should be ashamed to proclaim that you enjoy it. Now put me on ignore.

See, look at this. It's so devoid of style or personality. Put your own spin on it, man!

I don't even care that you don't like the show, whatever, but whenever I see you it's the limpest, most half-assed attempts to rile people and it's really sad.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Arist posted:

See, look at this. It's so devoid of style or personality. Put your own spin on it, man!

I don't even care that you don't like the show, whatever, but whenever I see you it's the limpest, most half-assed attempts to rile people and it's really sad.

It's either that or blatant sexism, neither really works anymore now that it's so expected.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Wheat Loaf posted:

Sure, they let anyone into that thing.
Then why isn't Meat Loaf in it?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rhyno posted:

I think everyone around here knows that, in some kind of cosmic sense, I am in fact a 13 year old girl.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

achillesforever6 posted:

Then why isn't Meat Loaf in it?

I don't know why he isn't in it but I do know that going to a Meat Loaf show remains one of the most disappointing experiences of my life.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

precision posted:

I think everyone around here knows that, in some kind of cosmic sense, I am in fact a 13 year old girl.

I wasn't going to say anything...

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just finished the last (?) episode of Sherlock.

It's funny, I liked how grounded the show was initially, and then when it started to get a little silly it started to lose me (though I kept watching anyway).

Keeping with it paid off, as the finale went so far around the silly bend that it curved back around to being sort of awesome instead? I dunno.

As a fan of Sherlock, I can't really say I enjoyed it. As a fan of the Zero Escape videogame series, however, I dug the poo poo out of it. Probably the closest we'll come to a movie/TV adaptation of the series.

However the Batman Forever-style running towards the camera at the end was not a satisfying ending shot IMHO

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Why is that guy mad at childrens tv

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Kraps posted:

Why is that guy mad at childrens tv

Because it doesn't have any actresses he can claim aren't attractive.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cael posted:

Because it doesn't have any actresses he can claim aren't attractive.

Yes it does!

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Leave young Kara Zor-el alone

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cool your jets, hot shot. Did someone put the Batman comics in the Man-Bat box again?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get Ready for Price Time , Bitch

I'm binging Bosch on Amazon Prime I have to say it's a pretty decent police procedural.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Wheat Loaf posted:

I don't know why he isn't in it but I do know that going to a Meat Loaf show remains one of the most disappointing experiences of my life.
I saw him faint mid-song on a hot humid august night with a giant rear end thunderstorm just edging us by which made Bat out of Hell great with lightning in the clouds.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get Ready for Price Time , Bitch

Wheat Loaf posted:

Hrmmmm

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

This is a pretty dumb question but for someone whose second language is English, are there any shows that one can watch to listen to some good English pronunciation?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TV Zombie posted:

This is a pretty dumb question but for someone whose second language is English, are there any shows that one can watch to listen to some good English pronunciation?

Misfits.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Frasier

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Coronation Street

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Comedy option: Midsomer Murders

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Justified

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Dancer posted:

I didn't say anything about Sherlock because when I saw the discussion basically everything I thought relevant had already been said, but I have just recently discovered that there was a special episode for New Year 2016 (The Abominable Bride). And I just now watched it. And good lord, I feel like puking. It's the cheesiest, dumbest, most transparently commercial "feminist" story I have seen in a long loving time, interspersed with tons of gratuitious fancy-sounding over-acted-to-poo poo dialogue between inconsistent characters with the depth of puddles (those words could also be said of regular Sherlock but *this is worse*). I usually manage to still enjoy the Sherlock episodes on some level but this was beyond garbage. Stay away.

I watched the last episode of season 4 tonight and all I have to say is that it gets worse.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

MiddleOne posted:

Comedy option: Midsomer Murders

Better: Vera. I just interpret the plot from the visuals and let those impenetrable accents wash over me like white noise.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Hollismason posted:

I'm binging Bosch on Amazon Prime I have to say it's a pretty decent police procedural.

That's fair for season one. Season two does away with almost all the negatives from season one, gets weirder and is much improved.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
New Homeland season looks like it's gonna be pretty good.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

achillesforever6 posted:

I saw him faint mid-song on a hot humid august night with a giant rear end thunderstorm just edging us by which made Bat out of Hell great with lightning in the clouds.

The man himself was entertaining but he didn't really sing. He sort of mumbled and bellowed at the same time.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L-D6zj5U1g

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

TV Zombie posted:

The Wire.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Flatscan posted:

The Wire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDF97Ebilps

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

TV Zombie posted:

I am not an expert but I'm pretty sure they speak the Queen's English in Netlflix's "The Crown".

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Gonz posted:

New Homeland season looks like it's gonna be pretty good.

Homeland's cast is too good, writers can give them any pile of garbage and they'll make it work.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

TV Zombie posted:

Trailer Park Boys.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vodos posted:

I am not an expert but I'm pretty sure they speak the Queen's English in Netlflix's "The Crown".

I think my suggestion of Misfits is being glossed over too quickly.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Rhyno posted:

I think my suggestion of Misfits is being glossed over too quickly.

You would think that.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

raditts posted:

I watched the last episode of season 4 tonight and all I have to say is that it gets worse.

Oh man it was terrible. I love anything Holmes but this was just bad.

Apparently Holmes has a sister. He does not remember her at all. Mycroft has her locked away in a secret island prison. No one is allowed to talk to her beside him because she can 'reprogram' anyone with one conversation. For some reason, that I forget, on Christmas as a present Mycroft brings in Moriarty to have a unsupervised talk with her. She has him make all these recordings for after he dies to bring him back. Skip to the ending it's revealed she killed Sherlock's best friend (His brother told him she only killed their dog) when they were like 10 . She did this because she didn't have best friend or was included in their pirate games they played.

In the novels Sherlock doesn't even have a sister. They just ruin good things.

Spoiler just in case anyone intends to watch it.

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jan 16, 2017

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Nah, let everyone know so they have a chance to avoid Sherlock's....most Sherlock hour.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
Oh, I'm going to hate watch the gently caress out of that, then get MY WIFE to admit it's poo poo so I don't have to watch any of that again.

Lilikoi
Oct 11, 2012

Hollismason posted:

I like it a lot. I like that Bosch is not an rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW-iQNwNshQ

• Locked thread