Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
GE2 kicks rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I'm glad I realized who Eyes Wide Butt was, finally.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
Its Stanley Pubic

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Where ta cop a jersey that says "David Lynch"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Because I watch sports I got to find out Fox News is advertising the Trump inauguration the same way Etv would advertise their Oscar's coverage, except Fox is devoting a full week to it

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
SAMUEL CLEMENS, are you manually searching Youtube to reconcile your list?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

An underrated political movie is Southland Tales, which perfectly illustrates just how incoherent the Bush years were pop-culturally.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Man, what happened to Mel Gibson? He's a crazy rear end in a top hat but at least he used to be an interesting director. Caught Hacksaw Ridge at the dollar theater and it was a humongous pile of turds.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

I Before E posted:

An underrated political movie is Southland Tales, which perfectly illustrates just how incoherent the Bush years were pop-culturally.

There are like 4 people who like this movie. Good luck.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
YT of the Day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vBNKbzftNs

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The Horror Is Dead guy is a bozo.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
He works just hard at it enough though that the compounding man-baby logic becomes hilarious to me.

Like, he makes Jason Goes to Hell sound really good, just because of how much he treats it as an evil act perpetrated against innocent fans.

Neurophage
Oct 11, 2012
Holy poo poo, Mads Mikkelsen is so loving good in The Hunt.

Neurophage fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jan 16, 2017

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Does anyone have any background info about when Marilyn Monroe said she'd never have to suck another Jewish cock again?

(people here seem to have some rare showbiz knowledge, which is why I ask)

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
Fuckin' Jesus I'm dying and I know it's not even that funny

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Death By The Blues posted:

The composition and angles of Orson Welles Othello is so loving good.

I'm due for a rewatch, but after seeing all of his feature films, I'm convinced Welles simply couldn't make a film that didn't look amazing. Even his threadbare short films like the demo footage of Moby Dick Rehearsed is beautiful. And that's just a close-up of Welles reciting the novel!

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
That entire funeral procession and the bath house murder....yea I want to shoot like that.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Skwirl posted:

You could hollow out a dildo for the Lego pissing scene, I'm sure there's some anatomical ones that aren't completely ridiculous in their size.

Dildos come in pretty much any size, also they have custom dildo making kits you can buy which I believe aren't terrible expensive.

The franchise ruined itself by being Friday the 13th.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

FishBulb posted:

There are like 4 people who like this movie. Good luck.

We're all right

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

link, please.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

my man <3

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Wonder how long he was saving that one up for.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

He was saving that fart up for decades.

Holding it in while slowly building up the right kind of bibliography and filmography just so some English pig dog would ask him the perfect question to release to.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

Does anyone have any background info about when Marilyn Monroe said she'd never have to suck another Jewish cock again?

(people here seem to have some rare showbiz knowledge, which is why I ask)

Isn't that in the Snickers commercial with Willem Dafoe?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Is the interviewer Joe McCullogh?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I don't know which interview that is from. A friend of mine just sent me that image on Facebook. He's doing his BA thesis on Incal and wants to somehow work that in.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Is the interviewer Joe McCullogh?
Yes

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Jodorowsky is almost a decade older than Superman.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 242 days!

The title is funny because it describes capitalism and not his precious franchise being "sold out" or whatever.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
Yo, does anybody have that early 20th century political comic where the rich dude is using racism to prevent his labor from unionizing? I think it was posted in here.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Hodgepodge posted:

The title is funny because it describes capitalism and not his precious franchise being "sold out" or whatever.

It's even more perverse than that. When he's talking about "evil," he's not talking about it in terms of concrete actions or relationships - he's literally talking about the mystical essence of Jason, and the apparent mystery behind what motivates him - "Is it revenge? Is it evil?" These are the two options he gives before completely failing to explain how Jason Goes to Hell undermines this.

So even in the terms of his own fanatical rant, the title doesn't make any loving sense. "Monetizing Evil" could mean something good in his worldview. This is also why it's critical for him to completely ignore the actual roots of the franchise in a movie that had nothing to loving do with Jason. He actually doesn't like the first movie - the only reason the franchise exists - and considers what followed to be Paramount's superior monetization of "evil."

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Criminal Minded posted:

Yo, does anybody have that early 20th century political comic where the rich dude is using racism to prevent his labor from unionizing? I think it was posted in here.

I saved it the last time it was posted.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I just picked up the Apocalypse Now two movie bluray at Target (on sale for $4 right now.). I've never seen this movie, what's the difference between Apocalypse Now and Redux?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Watch regular first. Redux is like 45 minutes longer and has "worse" pacing.

Actually, I'm not sure I've actually ever watched Redux. It think I just watched one of the deleted sections on youtube.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Redux is almost an hour longer and (going off memory) contains two additional major sequences and a lot of minor changes. I preferred Redux last time I watched both versions back-to-back, but that was almost a decade ago and my tastes have changed tremendously since then. As always with these kind of things, watch the theatrical version first.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Cool. I'll probably watch through both this weekend.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
There's a new Night Mind video! The Wyoming Incident has started up again!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

FreudianSlippers posted:

I don't know which interview that is from. A friend of mine just sent me that image on Facebook. He's doing his BA thesis on Incal and wants to somehow work that in.

Worst things to do a thesis on

I was thinking of ordering it after I paid for my big dumb toys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

I just picked up the Apocalypse Now two movie bluray at Target (on sale for $4 right now.). I've never seen this movie, what's the difference between Apocalypse Now and Redux?

I've only seen Redux once and have only seen the original cut since then. Nothing terrible, but it's a much tighter film.

I would have picked it up too if I hadn't gotten the 3-disc set a few years ago that includes Hearts of Darkness.

They did have L.A. Confidential, though, so I picked it up since I've been meaning to see it for a while.

• Locked thread