Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

iajanus posted:

Cherrington (or whatever his name is)

Parcell is several tiers above Cherrington.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

umm

gently caress manly

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

That goes without saying

Also

gently caress the roosters

Also

Does anyone want to volunteer to make the 2017 thread or will I just do it once I get back from holidays?

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

Does anyone want to volunteer to make the 2017 thread or will I just do it once I get back from holidays?

You know you want to. The bile is strong with this one.

Also bit of a bugger with Chad Robinson.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
they must have let go of Parcell so they could afford to sign that roosters halfback

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

bowmore posted:

they must have let go of Parcell so they could afford to sign that roosters halfback

They signed Cullen as well recently so based on that information it's pretty much confirmed that Manly are dumb cunts

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

cpaf posted:

They signed Cullen as well recently so based on that information it's pretty much confirmed that Manly are dumb cunts

You'll all have egg on your faces when we win the premiership. We won't make the top 8 :ssh:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Holy poo poo Chris Sandow fighting in the street

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

iajanus posted:

Holy poo poo Chris Sandow fighting in the street

Looked like more missed haymakers than his last boxing bout followed by a really dirty headbutt lol

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Link to a video for the lazy?

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Dirty Frank posted:

Link to a video for the lazy?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPOiqbugYvI :anasta:

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Thanks! That was every school yard fight I ever saw, he should probably stick to league.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Dirty Frank posted:

Thanks! That was every school yard fight I ever saw, he should probably stick to league.

I saw one fight where a douche was harrassing some asian kid, who proceeded to kick his rear end with some martial arts moves leaving the douche on the ground where he pissed his pants and we all laughed.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Smorgasbord posted:

leaving the douche on the ground where he pissed his pants and we all laughed.

The Manly downfall has been pretty good.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

edit: wrong thread.

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Jan 3, 2017

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Only a month to go until the nines and no dogs have been hosed in the off season yet

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
It's been a little too quiet, actually.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
something will happen surely

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

The Tigers are quietly forcing everybody out of the club, next to go is lovett. No big loss.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
It will be very interesting to see how the raiders go with the weight of expectations

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Canberra Raiders' Josh Papalii charged with drink driving.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Hes a football player alright.

I mean if its not high range i still hope the club gives him a kick up the arse. Cant let that culture go anymore

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

RugbyLeague.jpg

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

With cricket fatigue settling in it means the nrl preseason must be starting soon.

What are our expectations for this year thread. I can't imagine the raiders actually ever winning a comp so I'm guessing storm or something.

The roosters will be the most improved team.

on the computer
Jan 4, 2012

The Sharks will go back to back.

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
Dally M winner: Jamal Idris

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

god I hope so.

also iajwife is flying to Townsville for work and is currently surrounded by the Cowboys players (Thurston, Scott, etc) who are all on her flight. I've advised her to steal a parachute and ask the pilot to please steer the plane into Tamborine Mountain so the Blues might win this year.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Burn Down Canberra posted:

What are our expectations for this year thread. I can't imagine the raiders actually ever winning a comp so I'm guessing storm or something.

The roosters will be the most improved team.

The Warriors will be disappointing. They may make the play-offs, but at 7th or 8th at best.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I can't say the Tigers will be disappointing since I expect them to come last.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Same, but The Warriors.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I know Dave Taylor is good at off seasons when he needs to put a good one in but both Taylor and Shannon Boyd look fantastic.

I have no faith that if we do sign him he won't just do a Dave Taylor but I can't help but get a bit excited at this potentially paying off.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
unless something terrible happens to another team I expect the Knights to pick up another spoon

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Burn Down Canberra posted:

I know Dave Taylor is good at off seasons when he needs to put a good one in but both Taylor and Shannon Boyd look fantastic.

I have no faith that if we do sign him he won't just do a Dave Taylor but I can't help but get a bit excited at this potentially paying off.

Dave Taylor is the new Carl Webb

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Speaking of the Warriors, Folau might line up for them in 2018. He's good friends with Manu Vatuvei and he's engaged to New Zealand netballer Maria Tutaia, who lives in Auckland.

http://www.espn.com.au/nrl/story/_/id/18488688/wallabies-superstar-israel-folau-linked-nrl-switch

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

bowmore posted:

unless something terrible happens to another team I expect the Knights to pick up another spoon

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...117-gtt1es.html

maybe..

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress :( he's one of my favourites

this loving sucks, what a silly boy

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so disappointed....

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
he's been playing for the Knights since I started supporting them, this is hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
he must have been desperate from those injuries

• Locked thread