Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

They should bring on Nigel for NXT if Graves and Philips are getting called up. The only condition? He has to stop podcasting. Please make him stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paxman
Feb 7, 2010

The UK is WWE's 2nd biggest market according to Triple H (though I've read elsewhere that's India) and they're trying to grow that market as you'd expect. That's why they held a UK-centric event at prime time on Saturday and Sunday evenings.

I don't suppose anyone imagined it would interest the average viewer in the US. It got a lot of mainstream media coverage in the UK, which WWE seems to like, and can't hurt interest in other WWE programming like the Rumble etc.

Obviously the US still matters far more to WWE than any other market.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

pressedbunny posted:

Given that she only spent a couple of months at it, she was fine. She filled the superfluous third man role better than Byron or Otunga, at any rate, and with a lot less experience. But that was quite a while ago, so who knows what she'd be like now. I'd like to see her have another, longer go in NXT.

Mauro, Regal and Renee would make a good SD team.

All that talk of Maggle earlier made me realize I have forgotten what he's like since I skip Raw. I remember he was far more tolerable and mixed well with Corey Graves. Still think Mauro is decent and stronger. He's no JR but neither are most. Still think WWE is retarded for not apologizing and tossing him loads of money to come back.

Baron Corbyn posted:

People do live in the United Kingdom btw
It is not. The only things that live in England are tea cups, tardises, dalek solicitors, roving gangs of unemployed dentists and the ghosts of Chavs past. Also weird troglodyte type creatures from around East Croydon.

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jan 16, 2017

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Otunga is worthless. Heel JBL and straight man Mauro could be a good team.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

They should bring on Nigel for NXT if Graves and Philips are getting called up. The only condition? He has to stop podcasting. Please make him stop.

How is he supposed to find a platonic parenting partner without a billboard

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLoA0e6iZ4Q

AJ's unambiguous contempt for PS4 is very amusing to me.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Genericide posted:

It was a pleasure watching live wrestling on a Sunday evening, and not at 4am.

It was also nice watching live wrestling on the weekend while my kid was napping. I hope whatever UK show they air is on Saturday nights at that time.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DoctorGonzo posted:

Otunga is worthless. Heel JBL and straight man Mauro could be a good team.

I know he's been around forever, but I really liked the Mauro/King team and I'm sad it's no longer together.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerusalem posted:

I know he's been around forever, but I really liked the Mauro/King team and I'm sad it's no longer together.

Im not a fan of 3 man booths.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

A WWE Nippon Tournament would be cool, i guess, but i can totally see it just being lovely low-tier workers from Basara, ZERO-1, and/or Heat Up.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

No Irish Need Imply posted:

1) I like Mauro. I like his excitement and his stupid catchphrases like MAMA MIA and his forced references like he's the uncool dad. I also like that he says the names of moves. I know some people find it smarmy but I think it shows his depth of knowledge and passion for the wrestling part of wrestling. I'm generally tired of "HE SLAMS HIM DOWN HARD" for everything and since I am basically WWE only these days, that's most of what I hear.

It rules in theory, I just wish he'd be better at it. Dude mis-calls spots pretty regularly

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Astro7x posted:

It was also nice watching live wrestling on the weekend while my kid was napping. I hope whatever UK show they air is on Saturday nights at that time.

I'd rather have world of sport on in the afternoon like on New Years, that was perfect "pre-gaming" for a night on the piss.

I have to say I'm not keen on a regular WWE UK show as we have so many good indies going right now it'd be a shame to see them destroyed.
WWE need to learn that there's no point winning the race if your the only one that entered.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DoctorGonzo posted:

Im not a fan of 3 man booths.

Yeah I'm saying I wish it was JUST Mauro/King.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Gaz2k21 posted:

WWE need to learn that there's no point winning the race if your the only one that entered.

theoppositeofcapitalism.txt

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Gaz2k21 posted:

otoh, its my race, i own it, and you losers arent even allowed to race

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

super macho dude posted:

A WWE Nippon Tournament would be cool, i guess, but i can totally see it just being lovely low-tier workers from Basara, ZERO-1, and/or Heat Up.

I'd resub to the network just to watch a low-tier Japan tourney, but only if it used my new best friend Shigehiro Irie

Any foreign wrestler willing to travel to my hometown in -40 weather is a dude I can get behind

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

checksin posted:

I'd resub to the network just to watch a low-tier Japan tourney, but only if it used my new best friend Shigehiro Irie

Any foreign wrestler willing to travel to my hometown in -40 weather is a dude I can get behind

just by looking at him he is also now my new best friend

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Baron Corbyn posted:

People do live in the United Kingdom btw

If you can call that living.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

MotU posted:

just by looking at him he is also now my new best friend

Give him the Championships

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Two man booths are where its at. It also makes it stand out more when wrestlers like Owens/Cena join the booth for a match. Cole/Graves should do Raw. Mauro/someone new should do Smackdown. Otunga is worthless and JBL is the worst with Vince in his ear. Mauro and Steve Corino might be decent.

I enjoy Mauro much more on Glory Kickboxing. I get the disdain for his overuse of dumb references. It's the reason I voted him for the 3rd best and 3rd worst in this year's PSP Awards.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So with people posting Kenny Omega pictures there is a chance he is wwe bound?

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

DoctorGonzo posted:

So with people posting Kenny Omega pictures there is a chance he is wwe bound?

Pretty much everything I've heard says his original contract expires on Jan 31 but that he's also extended for another year (or two? idk)

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jackofarcades posted:

Pretty much everything I've heard says his original contract expires on Jan 31 but that he's also extended for another year (or two? idk)

What are the best things to look for to someone like me who knows nothing about Kenny and felt asleep at wk 11?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

DoctorGonzo posted:

What are the best things to look for to someone like me who knows nothing about Kenny and felt asleep at wk 11?

revolver + 1 bullet

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe

DoctorGonzo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAaDyWHRCeU

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

DoctorGonzo posted:

Bryan Danielson vs Kenny Omega @ PWG One Hundred.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Watching this i hope the WWE never signs him. They would ruin him or send him to loving nxt.

Also this is great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eMKYNUvgvE

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

Look for him wrestling the doll and also the little girl. And also his g1 semi final VS Naito.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

:stare:

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Xenoletum posted:

Bryan Danielson vs Kenny Omega @ PWG One Hundred.

May as well post a link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mqFhzbOTJ4

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For what im seeing Cornette should loving hate Kenny for "exposing the business"

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jan 16, 2017

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://twitter.com/WWEonESPN/status/821115263299047425

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That tweet was deleted already but Kurt Angle is going into the Hall of Fame

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sportsgenius86 posted:

That tweet was deleted already but Kurt Angle is going into the Hall of Fame

http://corporate.wwe.com/news/company-news/2017/01-16-2017

On one hand there is your marquee name. On the other hand i think this is it for Kurt in the ring and im happy for him

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jan 16, 2017

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Happening Status: It's

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

he's just a sexy Kurt
he'll make your ankle hurt

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Announce him for the Rumble tonight and it'll immediately be the best Raw and biggest pop the company's had in years

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Kurt hasn't wrestled since november which is either a good or a bad sign for him being in the rumble.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

There's no way in hell he would ever pass a physical. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
Kurt Angle and the undertaker are fighting at wm

• Locked thread