Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

There's no way in hell he would ever pass a physical. :(

neither would tommy dreamer and he still came back to bring joy to pittsburgh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

I could see them giving him one more rumble spot but that's the extent I could see them going.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
It's true. It's true.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Man, I can't wait for the "You suck" chants to start.

Good times

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

DoctorGonzo posted:

For what im seeing Cornette should loving hate Kenny for "exposing the business"

Yes, he absolutely does

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A.J Styles-Kurt Angle WM main event for the World Heavyweight Championship. Seven Stars.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Luigi Thirty posted:

I mean neither would DDP, or Drew Carey

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

Or Billy Gunn

Or Tommy Dreamer

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Basic Chunnel posted:

DDP, Drew Carey, Billy Gunn, and Tommy Dreamer aren't one bump from Misawaing

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

if tommy dreamer got dumped on his head i am 99% sure he would die

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Aye Doc posted:

if tommy dreamer got dumped on his head i am 99% sure he would die

Not like there's anything left in there these days

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/RealKurtAngle/status/821118545669029888

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

DDP, Drew Carey, Billy Gunn, and Tommy Dreamer aren't one bump from Misawaing

Dreamer is, DDP would need one or two more

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

super macho dude posted:

A WWE Nippon Tournament would be cool, i guess, but i can totally see it just being lovely low-tier workers from Basara, ZERO-1, and/or Heat Up.

Just show Vince clips of Strong BJ and Twin Towers matches and let his love of big men go from there.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jackofarcades posted:

Yes, he absolutely does

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7_qRfhCy5Y

You are no kidding. Its funny how Cornette always talks how the old guys could beat the new guys when Cornette himself is a scrawny guy and almost kill himself in that scaffold match. Cornette is crazy.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Jim Cornette cares way too much about protecting a business that got exposed over 30 years ago.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Jim Cornette's an old crotchety white man and manages to be that without also being like, SUPER FUCKIN' RACIST so I say, Cornette's okay by me.

Anyway, Angle as AA's manager on SmackDown or new GM of Raw? 'Cause hooboy he ain't gonna wrestle, that's for sure.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7_qRfhCy5Y

You are no kidding. Its funny how Cornette always talks how the old guys could beat the new guys when Cornette himself is a scrawny guy and almost kill himself in that scaffold match. Cornette is crazy.

Cornette was just a manager he was never big and the big boss man was supposed to catch him and didn't.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Raw has Goldberg, Lesnar and The Undertaker. Kurt should be on SD!

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

Jim Cornette's an old crotchety white man and manages to be that without also being like, SUPER FUCKIN' RACIST

lol

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

i guess that means bryan headlines next year

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

VJeff posted:

Jim Cornette's an old crotchety white man and manages to be that without also being like, SUPER FUCKIN' RACIST

What about the time he melted down about Muslims for the 8000th time and his co-host got harassed off the internet because she was sick of defending him

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Luigi Thirty posted:

What about the time he melted down about Muslims for the 8000th time and his co-host got harassed off the internet because she was sick of defending him

Wait what. :stare:

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
FWIW Kenny Omega with the 9-year-old and all that similar poo poo are stuff that I can absolutely share with my friends who don't watch wrestling and they get a total kick out of it.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6JjBtWFjGg

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Luigi Thirty posted:

What?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jim Cornette seems like the kind of person who would be racist and then use the crowd as his excuse because they're the ones giving the non whites heat, not him.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

was that in 2005 when they tried to make angle satan incarnate against cena (re: around the time cena stopped getting universally cheered)

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsuDpKHzmrc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z1YBy38fXQ

It's amazing that Kurt turned into legit one of their funniest promos

Love Kurt, probably my favorite post/late attitude era performer

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

VJeff posted:

Wait what. :stare:

I don't know the details of the second half, but the first bit was the last Jim Cornette Experience podcast I ever listened to. It was so bad it pushed my horrifying ability to compartmentalize people I like and their lovely opinions past breaking point :smith:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Midnightghoul posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsuDpKHzmrc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z1YBy38fXQ

It's amazing that Kurt turned into legit one of their funniest promos

Love Kurt, probably my favorite post/late attitude era performer

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i like to listen to jim cornette rant and i consider him a friend

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think he has some good points but the guy is nut.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

Jim Cornette seems like the kind of person who would be racist and then use the crowd as his excuse because they're the ones giving the non whites heat, not him.

I know I'm miss-remembering this somewhat, but New Jack on Colt Cabana's podcast said that during his time working SMW, Cornette told him and Saed to be as sterotypical black as possible.

Y'know, for heel heat.

Then again this is coming from other noted poo poo bag New Jack, so take it with a pinch of salt.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I cant think of a thing I'd mark out harder for than Kurt Angels music blasting on the A Show Smackdown Live

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

BWV posted:

I cant think of a thing I'd mark out harder for than Kurt Angels music blasting on the A Show Smackdown Live

The only thing better would be if he came to RAW and Stephanie McMahon dressed him down and slapped him

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I misread that as "I cant think of a thing I'd mark out harder for than Kurt Angle's music blasting and then Al Snow came out."

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tato posted:

The only thing better would be if he came to RAW and Stephanie McMahon dressed him down and slapped him

And HHH puts himself in another promo like he did with The Rock.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

If they wanted to get him involved I could see Kurt managing AJ as the "real international wrestler" like himself against his old rival Cena. That would be fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Tato posted:

She goes to slap him, then stops, bursts into tears and sobs,"I picked the wrong guy! :gonk:"

• Locked thread