Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

bank account dipped into 3 digits today RIP

I know that feeling :( Hang in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

peramene posted:

Sincere hope the provoking situation is resolved shortly and you stand once again upon stable financial footing, friend MMM.

I'm stable right now, my income outweighs my expenses, but I just had to pay some dude a good deal of money to fix his car because I hit it with my own car in a parking lot and did not want my insurance to go up.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Dude was super nice and willing to accept only about 2/3 of the money needed for repair but I'm a huge idiot and just insisted on paying for the whole thing??????

why did i do that?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Deep inside of you is both a conscience and a soul of remarkable and/or respectable quality. You recognized the true debt and had to hold to your principles. It's admirable. You are a good person who accepts responsibility even when given a way to cheapen your onus. Now, it is fully abated and your conscience is clear.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Dude was super nice and willing to accept only about 2/3 of the money needed for repair but I'm a huge idiot and just insisted on paying for the whole thing??????

why did i do that?

Because you are a good person

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
convert your dollars to dongs

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Birdstrike posted:

pera's life story

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

Because you are a good person

I have problems feeling like I owe someone something. If I have lots of money I tend to buy people gifts. But I only do that because being generous makes me happy. I don't really believe in altruism, but I do believe people's "reward centers" are activated when they do what they believe is right and good.

Self-interest motivates every action.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

why did i do that?

You're conditioned to think you'd be taking advantage of someone, or that the offer was a test. Business is business and you've learned the lesson early enough to benefit.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Jonathan Fisk posted:

You're conditioned to think you'd be taking advantage of someone, or that the offer was a test. Business is business and you've learned the lesson early enough to benefit.

Yeah this is true. Thanks.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I was down to 1 digit many times last year

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Is 0 a digit? :j:

2016 was much kinder to me than 2015.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

bowmore posted:

I was down to 1 digit many times last year

did they grow back?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

did they grow back?
lol

hi dad

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

bank account dipped into 3 digits today RIP

hey big spender. im known to be real friendly when a hundredaire comes around

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

PMush Perfect posted:

Is 0 a digit? :j:
yeah

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
much like santa claus and ethical capitalism the zero is a myth invented for idiot children.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Birdstrike posted:

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

pera's life story

you've misunderstood a critical detail about my life

the reverse order would be more accurate

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
are there games starting up or what's up?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Somberbrero posted:

Sitting here waiting for CPig to post FF3 like :f5:

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Somberbrero posted:

I'm thinking about starting one soon. I have no specific plans/roles/setup but I'd like to run one.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

IllegallySober posted:

Sitting here waiting for CPig to post FF3 like :f5:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just a reminder I've got 2 large scale games coming up, and am happy to take presigns for both!

One is a serious game for serious people
The other is role madness for mad people

Infinitum posted:

Seeing how there is an absolute glut of games on at the moment, I'm going to take the time to announce my 2 upcoming large games.

The Last Bastion - An open-setup PARANOIA styled Mafia for 30 players
Opening Feb 1

Humanity is finished.
A small group of survivors make their way to the last bastion of man in hopes of finding solace at the end of the world
All the while hunted by the ever growing ranks of monsters in the dark... and in their midst..

I absolutely love wacky role madness style mafia over any other form of mafia, but I wanted to try my hand at running a far more traditional style mafia setup while having a bit of a story to go with it.
Something even EccoRaven would want to play :v:

This is my answer to that style of mafia and I've designed in a way to be played extremely quickly, while maximising the paranoia aspect of traditional mafia, utilising a simplistic ruleset, and to do away with some of the short-comings and cliche states of play you'd normally see from a mafia game.
It will also be an open setup, and the ruleset will be made extremely clear before the start.

So while you may have some qualms about playing in a 30 player game, rest assured it won't take that long to play and I will absolutely make it worth your while!
Get hype!

:siren: If you would like to review the setup, PM me and let me know! I am trying to close up any holes! :siren:
--------------------------------------------------------------

Steven Universe Mafia - A ~ROLE MADNESS~ game for 25 players
Opening immediately at the conclusion of The Last Bastion

It's an Infinitum Role Madness game. So you know you want in!
- Absolutely 0 vanilla roles!
- Brand new roles!
- Role variants!
- Flavour focused!
- Gem Fusions!
- Fake claims up the whazoo!
- No millers, death millers, or millers of any variety!

:siren::pcgaming::siren: I AM TAKING PRESIGNS FOR BOTH GAMES NOW! QUOTE THIS POST OR PM ME IF YOU WANT IN FOR EITHER GAME! :siren::pcgaming::siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZwciWijsTw

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Somberbrero posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3805666 you know its good cause the threadid ends in 666

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Infinitum posted:

Just a reminder I've got 2 large scale games coming up, and am happy to take presigns for both!

One is a serious game for serious people
The other is role madness for mad people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZwciWijsTw

I'll presign for Steven university

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah I opened a game, didn't I.

I guess I'll work on that.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
My bank account is in 6 digits, but in the wrong column

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Also When I get some more chilled out time at work I'm going to play mafs again and run civ3.

Honest

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
The Last Time I'll Trust An Australian was like 3 birdstrikes ago, sorry

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Hey I ran Molyneuxland

Eventually.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I just probably shouldn't have

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

busb posted:

My bank account is in 6 digits, but in the wrong column
How'd you manage to get 1/10.000 of a cent?

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
in this post trump world anything is possible

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

You did right by the dude and yourself. I've done good deeds where I felt kinda bad or dumb having done them, but in the end it's ok. Yesterday I helped a group of 8 Indian freshmen or seniors in high school figure out where to get and get a cab. I ended up missing my metro stop by a few stops and naturally on the way back home the metro stopped working, but I had nothing better to do and they needed help. You get the impression in a big city that people won't ever help.

I turned down the job I had applied to. They decided it to make it into two part-time positions instead of one full-time for some reason I still don't really understand. The pay wouldn't have been good enough to warrant keeping it and one other job, requiring me to do 3 part-time jobs, which I deem to be an absurd situation, and I said so, and the woman didn't take kindly to that. I didn't say her offer was absurd, just working 3 part-time jobs was. Anyway, I'd of worked exclusively with 4-8 year olds which isn't really what I wanted to do so it's not that big a deal, but I feel pretty down since it means I'm still in my otherwise crappy part time jobs. Half considered enjoying a nice glass of whiskey and then some or playing Stardew Valley the rest of the stupid day but I suppose I'll do laundry, get groceries, and otherwise do some upkeep and maybe try to study for my teacher's exam.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

100YrsofAttitude posted:

You did right by the dude and yourself. I've done good deeds where I felt kinda bad or dumb having done them, but in the end it's ok.

I just want to say, the main reason that I regret this is that based on this guy's car, age and his willingness to pay for a good chunk of the repair, he probably has a lot more money than me. I absolutely don't feel the same sting from charitable donations or volunteer work or weird little incidents of breaking my daily routine to help somebody.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I never felt more powerful than the time I withdrew money from an ATM in India and it showed my remaining balance in rupees

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Poque posted:

I never felt more powerful than the time I withdrew money from an ATM in India and it showed my remaining balance in rupees

Hahaha I'd imagine you'd get a similar feeling in Mexico now that the trump has destroyed their currency

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Internet Arguing the Game

Semi-Open Setup for 13 players.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Need a replacement for Demon Summoner mafia if possible.

We're on D2.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3804975&pagenumber=15&perpage=40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Found one thanks all!