Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Nutsngum posted:

Anyone got the gif of bomber spilling the gatorade all over Hird in the coaches box?

Not great quality and not a gif but:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2RXP1ZCddw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

This is what i means to be alive.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
If you want to re-use the club images from this thread's OP, I've updated Norf's one with the "more aggressive kangaroo" to use Footyjumpers' description

I don't think of the other clubs have made any major logo changes.

EDIT: Whoops had to fix the style.

The Deadly Hume fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jan 17, 2017

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

The Deadly Hume posted:

If you want to re-use the club images from this thread's OP, I've updated Norf's one with the "more aggressive kangaroo" to use Footyjumpers' description

BRB, thinking up "more aggressive saints shield" logo.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The Deadly Hume posted:

I and many others wish that Baltimore Adelaide would change theirs.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

While I'm noticing things I somehow goofed on Brisbane's last year so that's fixed too. See if you can spot the difference!

Nutsngum posted:

Bring back the Simon Templar saint in my opinion.

The Deadly Hume fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jan 17, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The Deadly Hume posted:

While I'm noticing things I somehow goofed on Brisbane's last year so that's fixed too. See if you can spot the difference!

The original used ink from BLK? Or was it too mainstream?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Thanks Hume, that's great

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

The Deadly Hume posted:

Bring back the Simon Templar saint in my opinion.

Wanting a rainbow paddlepop right about now.

Stick man should remain firmly as an oddity of the 80s. NO MORE.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Nutsngum posted:

Stick man should remain firmly as an oddity of the 80s. NO MORE.
The gay demon was better anyway.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Nutsngum posted:

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

The first batch of "official" logos that the VFL made the clubs adopt in the 70s is kind of funny.

First row: Carlton and Collingwood's haven't changed much, Essendon's logo looks like a paper plane, but old Fitzroy's still a classic.

Second row: Kind of amateur hour here - the Bulldog was obviously lifted from whatever Footscray's logo was at this point and got plonked onto the new template, the Cat looks like it's performing the Dance of the Seven Veils, Hawthorn's looks like a chook, and, well, I've already mentioned Melbourne's.

Third row: Norf and Richmond's graven images are pretty good, the Saints' classic stick figure is, well, minimal as gently caress.

And as for Souf, since when does a swan have teeth? Sure, for a bird that's usually sitting on lake looking graceful, they can be terrifying bastards if they decide they hate your guts, but they still don't have teeth.

The Deadly Hume fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Jan 17, 2017

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Geelong and Melbourne the clear worst two there

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

The Deadly Hume posted:

The first batch of "official" logos that the VFL made the clubs adopt in the 70s is kind of funny.

First row: Carlton and Collingwood's haven't changed much, Essendon's logo looks like a paper plane, but old Fitzroy's still a classic.

Second row: Kind of amateur hour here - the Bulldog was obviously lifted from whatever Footscray's logo was at this point and got plonked onto the new template, the Cat looks like it's performing the Dance of the Seven Veils, Hawthorn's looks like a chook, and, well, I've already mentioned Melbourne's.

Third row: Norf and Richmond's graven images are pretty good, the Saints' classic stick figure is, well, minimal as gently caress.

And as for Souf, since when does a swan have teeth? Sure, for a bird that's usually sitting on lake looking graceful, they can be terrifying bastards if they decide they hate your guts, but they still don't have teeth.

Ive always thought the stickman holding the VFL logo looked idiotic but I never noticed it hamfistedly plastered across all the logos.

The demons one does have a strange resemblance to Gary Lyon.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

My body is ready, my browser cache is not

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3805957

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

The Deadly Hume posted:

If they're anything like geese they have a bunch of sharp nibs inside their beaks that give the appearance of teeth

E:

snaeksikn fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Jan 17, 2017

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

The Deadly Hume posted:

I remember the 80s versions of those. I think I do like a level of uniformity among teams in a single competition.

Similarly, I really like how teams in World Series Cricket and later comps wore different colours of the same design. Sometimes with variations, but still obviously following the same theme. Same with the 1992 world cup: http://www.icc-cricket.com/cricket-world-cup/news/2015/features-and-specials/85224/classic-world-cup-kits-1992

You can see a photo or video of any player in any team and (with a little prior knowledge) know exactly what competition it was from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

poo poo I'd better close this one.

The pub crawl has moved to
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3805957

• Locked thread