Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
I for one am relieved by the console talk. I am also relieved by the sounds of mid air turbulance, tinnatus, and the words, 'we need to talk.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

Morningwoodpecker posted:

Get it checked out, if bones heal weirdly it hurts like hell years later and you don't want to be in permanent pain hobbling about when the cult comes to get you.

This. I broke my thumb in my teens and was like meh I'm fine. 20 years later if I grip some thing wrong pain seizes up my hand haha.better safe than sorry.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Propagandist posted:

Last bit of the article. If you remove a couple nouns:

Wait, which game is he talking about again?

e: jesus christ that works for the whole loving article.

I wouldn't call either Battlecruiser or Star Citizen an enduring cultural phenomenon, really

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Do you think the coffee machine is still being used? Oh to be a fly on the wall in those magical studios where they churn out dreams and flip off the rules of business.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TrustmeImLegit posted:

The weekly schedule has been out. Congrats on clowning yourself yet again.

REEEEEEEEEEE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM6EHcPFKCQ

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Behold, a frog who encountered the Diamond Frogs!

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Contingency posted:

I asked for their roadmap to the 100 system universe to see if they would be willing to address concerns, but was promptly shuttled off to their CS team. After the initial "are you sure you want a refund? Wait for 2.6 first!" email, CIG was very courteous and professional.

For me, the moment of realization was the Star Marine delay/cancellation. "Weeks out," regular status updates, surprise cancellation. Once they lose credibility, it's over. Instead of regaining trust, they doubled down on dreams instead.

Cheers on the refund commando 09.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Kind of weird to post about that refund once they finally delivered Star Marine though. What's your agenda again??

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Sorry I've had too much Reddit, that poo poo does weird things to your sanity

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Greetings from the ER. Minor break. I get a free orthopedic shoe. Probably would have been fine on my own but as big as I am taking care of my feet is important.

EDIT: Shoe doesn't fit. I get crutches instead. They are also too small.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jan 17, 2017

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Greetings from the ER. Minor break. I get a free orthopedic shoe. Probably would have been fine on my own but as big as I am taking care of my feet is important.

Bathe them in beans or beetroot. Forget the shoe. To truly heal, you must immerse

Contingency
Jun 2, 2007

MURDERER

The Titanic posted:

Congrats, friend. I hope the next thing you spend this money on will have more value to you. :)

Already added to the engagement ring fund. Like SC, lots of dreams, "ironclad" ToS, and the possibility I end up with an expensive but useless souvenir, but I've been impressed by the alpha so far.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Mr.Tophat posted:

Bathe them in beans or beetroot. Forget the shoe. To truly heal, you must immerse

Beans? Beetroot? Jesus Christ. Everybody knows you soak a broken toe in horseradish

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I may get it x-rayed tomorrow. Apparently "awkwardly bent" is one of the things you check if you should seek medical attention.

No kinkshaming.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

EDIT: Shoe doesn't fit. I get crutches instead. They are also too small.

With luck, it'll set right.

Unlike mine. Which randomly dislocates when I kneel barefoot, and feels like glass under my skin.. I did spectacularly smash my toe though.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Same thing as on Star Citizen only nobody had to film him or listen to him

Thanks. I was probated, so I couldn't answer.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

ManofManyAliases posted:

Voll traurig.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

excited for more news about star citizen today, so i can possibly gain some understanding of game development

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

ManofManyAliases posted:

I dunno, I'm just not imagining you making that joke even if you weren't probated at the time.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
I fully endorse the plan of selling nearly invincible low-poly space saucers. Also, lol which one of you posted this?

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
Thread title is awesome, I still laugh at it. Can't get that drat song off my head for two days now.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

JugbandDude posted:

Thread title is awesome, I still laugh at it. Can't get that drat song off my head for two days now.

Still isn't as good as "sunk cost galaxy"

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Mr.Tophat posted:

Do you think the coffee machine is still being used?
I think the barista is probably the only person in that office who's qualified for their loving job.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Just curious, how would people in thjs thread rate derek smarts games?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Madcosby posted:

Personally I haven't seen anything that is particularly engaging.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Madcosby posted:

As a game? It's better than what I could do.

As the greatest Star Citizen fanatic trolling tool in history? 10/10

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Amarcarts posted:

Derek Derek Derek
Can't you see?
Sometimes your blogs just hypnotize me
And I just love your clever tweets
I guess that's why I broke
Down and got a refund

This needed to be loved more. Well done. :golfclap:

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Madcosby posted:

Everything I've seen of them suggest that they're crap. So I won't play them.

But that means I can't ever give a good answer, not having first hand knowledge.

Make what you will of that.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
Hey, MOMA, if you're as smart and classy as you want us to believe you are, how come you bought Star Citizen?

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Madcosby posted:

I have only ever played Freelancer I think. It was fun.

Neither the Wing Commander nor the B300AD series looked interesting to me.
So I never played either of them.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

Wow dude's guess who'se too edgy and l337 to not be probated ;D;D;D

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Madcosby posted:

this would require playing them lol

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzbQl1yMy3U&t=26s

Hoping to see this in 2017.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I mean some of the things I read about BC3000AD sounds like kind of interesting, I'd kind of watch a 45 minute video explaining all the hilariously broken ways it's coded and implemented and stuff like that. I've never thought much about it as a game though, my autism certainly isn't wired to find any of that engaging.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

:chloe:

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Madcosby posted:

Why would I want to play games that are worse than Duke Nukem Forever?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Madcosby posted:

From everything I've seen they're loving terrible but I must admit to never having played them.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Madcosby posted:

I've only played Universal Combat. It's pretty wonky but it does a lot of neat and unique stuff. I wouldn't call it good but it's fun to mess around with from time to time

Actually, you could probably say that about half the games in my Steam library. I appreciate games that try to do something different, even if they don't turn out to be the best games

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

she's a bad actress, really bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Personally I haven't seen anything that is particularly engaging.

clearly you know nothing about engaging immersion in game development. And furthermore