Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
It seems fitting to called it a handicapped match considering Abdullah is in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Based on his last few japan outings, unless the money's in the middle of the ring, Abby ain't gettin in.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Zack sabre jr announced for wrestlecircus next month this card is gonna be ridiculous

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/dajosc11/status/821152843151343616 Expect PROGRESS and OTT too. Was told by an authoritative source last month and rather obvious after this weekend.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I really hope WWE cuts a deal like that in Japan and sends back Hideo Itami so he stops getting injured in freak accidents in house shows.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Chikara showing some old stuff on their FB and I had completely forgotten that bowl cut Sabre was there.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Obvious way to set up a Wolfgang/Bate match with Wolfie claiming he was hurt going into the semi-final.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/821175265829224449

Super No Vacancy posted:

Homicide/Eddie Kingston vs. OI4K - steel cage match
Drew Galloway vs. Silas Young
Andrew Everett/Jack Evans vs. Besties in the World - tag title match for some reason
Matt Sydal vs. Davey Richards
Mercedes Martinez vs. Angelina Love
Abyss vs. Colt Cabana
Sami Callihan defends the AAW title
AR Fox
Moose
Dezmond Xavier
DJZema Ion

2/4 lasalle

ACH vs. Trevor Lee - AAW Heritage Title
OI4K Vs. Dezmond Xavier/Zachary Wentz
Allysin Kay/Jessicka Havok vs. Candice LeRae/Samantha Heights
Sami Callihan
David Starr's AAW debut
AR Fox
DJ Zema Ion
Arik Cannon
Kongo Kong

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

The real question: will Paco be there?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

totally speculating but seems like elgin also wants his students booked if he takes the booking so wouldn't be surprised

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the REAl real question: who is sami defending against

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Beyond has the Hero/Lee up

https://twitter.com/beyondwrestling/status/821167099137630208

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hero and Lee are working the Friday Evolve show together in a couple weeks.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Hi.

I'm looking to catch up with PROGRESS stuff since I've caught bits of it on YT.

Are there any other major storylines I should look for? I'm starting with Jimmy Havoc vs the whole goddamn company.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DDT!!

http://ddtuniverse.com/

Launches Jan 23
Multilingual options available
No signup fee
First month free!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Oh man, if they just put it on ROKU....

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Is there a modern era matchup that can exceed the meat:trunks ratio of Lee vs Hero?

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Chris James 2 posted:

DDT!!

http://ddtuniverse.com/

Launches Jan 23
Multilingual options available
No signup fee
First month free!

It'll contain their past and current affiliated promotions like Union Pro and BASARA. Can't wait for this.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

multilingual seems to mean google translate like njpw world

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Also apparently cheaper than New Japan World (World is 999 yen, or around $8.40/month, DDT Universe is 900 yen, or around $7.90/month)

Plus the whole Free Month thing

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

beggar posted:

Is there a modern era matchup that can exceed the meat:trunks ratio of Lee vs Hero?

We need to see if Dino Bravo and Greg Valentine ever squared.....er...... rounded off.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Super No Vacancy posted:

multilingual seems to mean google translate like njpw world
I hope Michael Nakazawa solo commentates the whole thing

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

beggar posted:

Cheex vs. Bull James

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Critical posted:

Hi.

I'm looking to catch up with PROGRESS stuff since I've caught bits of it on YT.

Are there any other major storylines I should look for? I'm starting with Jimmy Havoc vs the whole goddamn company.

If you're looking to get caught up quickly, Chapter 39 is a great place to start. Chapter 28 also has the beginnings of a lot of feuds, including Tommy End vs Marty Scurll and the start of what would eventually become British Strong Style.

But if you have the time and inclination, I would definitely start with the Havoc storyline and work your way to the present. PROGRESS's long-term storytelling is second to none.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Are the early shows worth watching?

I was going to start from Chapter 1 and just go through it all but if it's all meh before Chapter 28, I'll just start there.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

sportsgenius86 posted:

Are the early shows worth watching?

I was going to start from Chapter 1 and just go through it all but if it's all meh before Chapter 28, I'll just start there.

Oh, they are all totally worth watching, especially because they start building storylines in those early chapters (Havoc, Ospreay, Scurll et al.) that eventually pay off amazingly. The rise of Jimmy Havoc from deathmatch underdog to the most hated wrestler in Britain is probably the best story I've seen in indie wrestling. I just know it was daunting for me as a new fan to hammer through 50+ hours of wrestling to get caught up with what's going on at the moment. I started with Chapter 20 and kept going forward, but I would really love to go back and see those builds.

They start running shows at the Electric Ballroom, their current London home, at Chapter 12 and go from one taped commentator to two live ones at Chapter 20 if you're a bit of a production snob like I am. If you watch this promo package on Havoc's turn and start with Chapter 12, you should be good to go storyline-wise.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lumbermouth posted:

Oh, they are all totally worth watching, especially because they start building storylines in those early chapters (Havoc, Ospreay, Scurll et al.) that eventually pay off amazingly. The rise of Jimmy Havoc from deathmatch underdog to the most hated wrestler in Britain is probably the best story I've seen in indie wrestling. I just know it was daunting for me as a new fan to hammer through 50+ hours of wrestling to get caught up with what's going on at the moment. I started with Chapter 20 and kept going forward, but I would really love to go back and see those builds.

They start running shows at the Electric Ballroom, their current London home, at Chapter 12 and go from one taped commentator to two live ones at Chapter 20 if you're a bit of a production snob like I am. If you watch this promo package on Havoc's turn and start with Chapter 12, you should be good to go storyline-wise.

awesome! Thank you

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

All I want from wrestling right now:

https://twitter.com/WresSocietyX/status/821390641594703872

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
https://twitter.com/wrestlecon/status/821796832477151233

Durk Hendrunkqs fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jan 18, 2017

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Ya gotta remember to, Drew is a fan of indie stars of the past not so much WWF/WCW/ECW stars of the past.

Surprised AIW didn't get Norton first.

https://twitter.com/aiwrestling/status/821856096939835393

2017 is the year of the flash

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

APW is stepping up their game, they have Zack Sabre Jr, Cody Rhodes, Joey Ryan, and Pentagon Jr coming on February 17th. I hope they get more PWG guys who are coming for the show on the 18th and will take Nor Cal bookings

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

Heard Ivelisse showed up "injured" to SHINE which caused them to delay the show 20 minutes and strip her of her title?

dave says she's pregnant

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Super No Vacancy posted:

dave says she's pregnant

I woulda been ok with them just announcing that. Running the "she showed up injured" angle made SHINE look bushleague as gently caress.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

well it is kinda bushleague, which is fine. idk maybe she didn't want them announcing that it could be early yet

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

dave says she's pregnant

I am sure Dave asked her permission to publicly disclose that.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

well i'd rather be revealed to be pregnant than to have poo poo my pants at a bar or something

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Super No Vacancy posted:

well i'd rather be revealed to be pregnant than to have poo poo my pants at a bar or something

or showing up to a venue in no condition to perform.

coconono fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jan 19, 2017

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

rovert when people on Twitter ask you to be more specific with poo poo you're dropping hints about you wave them off and say "I'm not a journalist" but when a journalist releases information you chastise them for not asking permission? Like, do you understand how journalism works or is this just another one of your things where other people are held to different standards than you

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
What does that got to do with basic courtesy? It is doubtful she's past the first trimester even.

Anyway my DMs have been lighting up about promoters in the UK who have had WWE UK pulled from their shows in the last 24 hours. Expect more cancellation announcements tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lol rip nascent scene