Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

BigPaddy posted:

I get 28 MPG from my Challenge R/T 392 :getin: until I decide to overtake :v:

Imagine adding the GM 10 speed and taking a couple hundred pounds out of it. It would be rated at an easy 30 on the highway and probably get more if you don't overtake too... enthusiastically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Last time I saw that, the comment was "Bethesda are making trucks now".

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

BigPaddy posted:

I get 28 MPG from my Challenge R/T 392 :getin: until I decide to overtake :v:

I sure as hell don't with my SRT 392, but I have the 5 speed. I get 22ish on long trips and around 15 around town. Then again, a lot of mine is driving style. There's no point in having a car with that sort of power and puttering around.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Not like I can floor it everywhere on a 30 mile highway commute. Not with those sneaky charger driving state troopers hiding behind billboards.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

FogHelmut posted:

Its the area I live in, I'm getting a few mpg below city rating in my other car too. I drive almost 0 highway miles, and its all suburban SoCal hills. As soon as you reach the 50 mph speed limit, you're on the brakes for the next stop light. All of the houses are on the hillsides, and all of the roads are in the valleys, so you get intersections at all of the low points. Always braking downhill and accelerating uphill. It's ideal for hypomiling.

For the record, I was doing above EPA when I lived in a flat area.

What's up fellow low mpg SoCal FoST owner?!

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
https://twitter.com/CrazyinRussia/status/819692994567741440

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Mad Marx

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

spotted on the reddit

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Was that done on a giant Segway?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

My name is Max

My world is Cyka and Blyat.

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe
Renault R5 Turbo Leotard 6x6

2x Alpine engines with 2 synchronised manual gearboxes.

https://youtu.be/zyajHqEzpQM

Not many decent photos unfortunately, and was destroyed in a fire years ago.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Wow. That is extremely my kinda poo poo

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4xpXAigb9s

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

poland.gif

http://i.imgur.com/oYjgn1J.mp4

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

xzzy posted:

spotted on the reddit

http://www.njp.no/en/participants/jonas-bendiksen/ - I thought it looked like Norway.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Wouldn't you just put your seatbelt on this make that noise go away?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

fyodor posted:

What's up fellow low mpg SoCal FoST owner?!

It's an Edge, actually. SEL Ecoboost 2.0 AWD. It hauls a baby and a dog in relative comfort. The relative being the dog puked in the back on the way up to Big Bear this weekend.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

edit: I was thinking about something else entirely.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdW1t8r8qYc

:science:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
pro click^

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Anyone got £70,000?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Grabbed from FB since this happened on Friday while I was still wrenching on my poo poo, but this might perfectly sum up Zip Tie Drags:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

IOwnCalculus posted:

Grabbed from FB since this happened on Friday while I was still wrenching on my poo poo, but this might perfectly sum up Zip Tie Drags:

"Are you sure we are in the same class?"

Is that an old Mustang to the right there with suicide doors? Between the Corvette Kart and the Draguar.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

:getin:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

You Am I posted:

"Are you sure we are in the same class?"

Is that an old Mustang to the right there with suicide doors? Between the Corvette Kart and the Draguar.

Yeah, it is. The guy in said Mustang ended up being drawn as one of the 10 "fans vs F&F" racers, though as they set it up such that both Finnegan and Freiburger could be eliminated, only a few of the lucky winners actually went head to head against one of them. A guy in a third-gen Camaro with a big block kept squeaking out faster and faster runs despite hotlapping it and knocked out nearly everyone... except for the guy with a 10-second Chevy II.

The Vette Kart is a decent, though far from great, drag racer. Ran 13.30 in the morning, Fitech swapped the carb for one of their TBI systems, and it hit either 13.0x or 12.9x by the end of the night. Nascarlo is an awful quarter mile car and the only reason Finnegan didn't get beat by a 240SX is pure reaction time :v:

Said chopped / suicide-door Mustang came with a hell of a story. The owner / driver apparently recently went through surgery for a brain tumor, only to find out at the next scan that he has another inoperable one. Hitting a Roadkill event was on his bucket list.

Edit: Roadkill is putting up more photos all week. Better shot of that Mustang:

CAR OF THE CENTURY

I did not personally witness this thing moving but even just parked in the show it was cool as gently caress.

This Rambler did not survive the cruise. Driver / passenger / etc all okay, but the car is probably a writeoff from a rollover in the rain.

The aforementioned BBC third-gen that knocked nearly every other car out of the Fans vs F&F event.

IOwnCalculus fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jan 17, 2017

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

IOwnCalculus posted:

This Rambler did not survive the cruise. Driver / passenger / etc all okay, but the car is probably a writeoff from a rollover in the rain.

Yeah I bet that thing is was a handful in the wet. Sad, that's a sweet not-Chevy, not-coupe.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

My own pitiful photos from the event:

Done up like a circle track racer.

Early morning staging lanes.

Gorgeous old IH that is done up to look like polished copper.

Canuckistani land barge. He also ended up in the Fans vs F&F event later in the night. Ran against him, butchered my launch, and still beat him :v:

Wife took this one. Wide variety in the staging lanes.

I know I took more but my phone apparently didn't save half of them since it was trying to die. I'll have to dig through some of the official gallery and throw some more up here. Ended up in the background of a few.

Edit:

That '59 land barge.

Hiding behind the IH.

Less hidden behind a '34.

Next to a Jaaaaaaaaaaaaag that runs quite well.

Still next to that Jaaaaaaaaaag.

IOwnCalculus fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jan 17, 2017

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

The bits he missed around where the lights mount is driving me insane.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Olympic Mathlete posted:

The bits he missed around where the lights mount is driving me insane.

I think it's deliberate. It's the appearance of a soldered pipe, appropriate for a copper car.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Those are the biggest areas of it by far, the rest is just the little crevices between panels.

I think any time I looked over at it, someone else was snapping a photo. Honestly, it doesn't quite do the depth of it justice.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Deteriorata posted:

I think it's deliberate. It's the appearance of a soldered pipe, appropriate for a copper car.

It's inconsistent though which is why I picked up on it, it's not a thing anywhere else on the car that I can see from the photos which makes it look like dude just thought 'gently caress it'

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Olympic Mathlete posted:

It's inconsistent though which is why I picked up on it, it's not a thing anywhere else on the car that I can see from the photos which makes it look like dude just thought 'gently caress it'

I don't know, I look at that truck and I don't think there's any aspect of it that even whiffs of "gently caress it". I get that maybe a different person may have done that detail slightly differently, but at best that's all you can say - I don't like how he did the light bases, I would have done it differently. Suggesting that he just gave up at that point and slapped on whatever lights and called it quits on the whole theme is what's out of place.

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jan 17, 2017

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

It's inconsistent though

It's not though? Nothing else is mounted like the headlights are. I look at that and get that they're supposed to be brazed on.

Edit: Eh, I guess it's a bit big. It's all just personal preference anyhow. I think it's well done.

TotalLossBrain fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jan 17, 2017

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

IOwnCalculus posted:

That '59 land barge.

'59 Dodges had a great front end.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

FogHelmut posted:

It's an Edge, actually. SEL Ecoboost 2.0 AWD. It hauls a baby and a dog in relative comfort. The relative being the dog puked in the back on the way up to Big Bear this weekend.

Poor dog. :( :(

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

fyodor posted:

Poor dog. :( :(

She made it all the way down the mountain before puking when I took a u-turn in a gas station. Surprising, the turning radius on this thing is roughly the equator. Never puked in my Subaru though!

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Saw this on a friend's FB page, thought it was pretty neat and worth sharing - invisible engine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdW1t8r8qYc

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Deteriorata posted:

'59 Dodges had a great front end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

They look even more sinister with some patina and missing bits :v: