Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hope y'all ready for an extra year of playing IW!

(Next COD is Vietnam)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy7HZwuTy_0

(If this doesn't get taken down then it's probably fake)

To be fair, if this is real, then the only thing really going for it is just the Vietnam settings and maybe a few Full Metal Jacket and Apocalypse Now references. You just can't play COD MP without parties nowadays unless you wanna be a pub star.

Still, firing a muck-covered M60 at a group of enemies while wearing the bloody head of a panther while screaming "we're all animals here" or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
As long as it has wall run and double jump, it'll probably be really good.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hope y'all ready for an extra year of playing IW!

(Next COD is Vietnam)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy7HZwuTy_0

(If this doesn't get taken down then it's probably fake)

If this is real I'll start playing cod again.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lasts longer than the killstreak

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Lasts longer than the killstreak

:thurman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNZove4OTtI

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Leaderboards coming at the end of the month, Tactical TDM permanent mode, combat record in late February. Only the top 10,000 players will see their numbered rank, the rest will see a percentile. This must be so they can conceal the number people that have played the game, right? Also, lol at getting combat records, a basic feature in CoD, 4 months post release.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Infinitewarfare/comments/5okzyd/community_update_january_2017/

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Javes posted:

Leaderboards coming at the end of the month, Tactical TDM permanent mode, combat record in late February. Only the top 10,000 players will see their numbered rank, the rest will see a percentile. This must be so they can conceal the number people that have played the game, right? Also, lol at getting combat records, a basic feature in CoD, 4 months post release.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Infinitewarfare/comments/5okzyd/community_update_january_2017/

Lol that post is a lot of words to say nothing of substance

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

I want a Call of Duty brand Flamethrower kthx

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Javes posted:

Also they're considering additional punishment for people who used the key exploit. Can't have people pissing in the revenue stream.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Did they literally disable the downvote button on r/infinitewarfare?

Bob Saget IRL
Oct 24, 2014

Are the post match medals ever going to be a thing?

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Bob Saget IRL posted:

Are the post match medals ever going to be a thing?

Sure. Next November.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Wazzit posted:

Did they literally disable the downvote button on r/infinitewarfare?

They wanted it to be more like the PSN store, where you can only Like, and/or rate from one to five stars. :v:

(guess what I rated it)

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
Bought the Cyclopean. Fun gimmick weapon, but not the optimal choice. Up close, it's like a mini Steel Dragon with less aggressive tracking, but it also doesn't have a maximum range so tap firing is surprisingly effective.

JackGeneric fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jan 18, 2017

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

victrix posted:

Boots in the muck? :gonk:

Press X to check for trench foot and powder your boots.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Mister Macys posted:

As long as it has wall run and double jump, it'll probably be really good.

I'm picturing a bunch of gritty vietnam dudes wallrunning on a bamboo hut while viet cong shoot at them and ride of the valkyries plays in the background

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Javes posted:

We know the game sold like poo poo compared to previous CODs, no point in hiding the player counts from us. I also like how this post doesn't address any of the major issues the game has, like the minuscule amount of salvage you earn, the terrible netcode (outside of Tactical TDM, anyway), Synaptic's broken hitbox, and the busted party system. Activision rushed the MP portion of this game and it really shows.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I still find it hilarious that with 3 developers working on rotating annual titles there appears to be no loving collaboration on the basic for a FPS poo poo like leaderboards, combat records, replays/theater, even gimmicky poo poo like the MW3 app that let you set up classes outside of the game.

Like all these features should be rolling over and I proving every year, not being made from scratch annually and then releasing them 1/3 into the game's cycle.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Apparently Activision doesn't let them collaborate very much, which would explain why every game feels like its reinventing the wheel. Even something as mundane as autoaim feels completely different in every game.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Just so y'all know I'm not ignoring your invites to shoot mans, I've just been playing Division with a friend. She doesn't own BO3 and feels bad about going really negative in IW (I told her you don't care). I think she's going to a work seminar next week so if that's the case I will come and yell at my TV with you.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

https://www.twitch.tv/mistermacys

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Get. Hyped.

https://twitter.com/iw_lee_ross/status/821823417573732352

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

My cinch came yesterday. I'm fully prepared for space jumping shootie mans action this evening.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

housefly posted:

My cinch came yesterday. I'm fully prepared for space jumping shootie mans action this evening.

Yo post some pics I want to see these weird rear end controllers.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Quick question. I bought three copies of this to play with my family who is spread out with the intention of playing zombies or w/e it is called now. One of my cousins ahs a kid and wants to do split screen AND play with us over PSN. Is that possible? OR is that restricted to local only? Just zombie mode, not TDM or the other multiplayer stuff.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yo post some pics I want to see these weird rear end controllers.

It looks like pretty much every other PS4 controller except there's a grip on the back and the four buttons. It's also got trigger stops and a remap chip inside so I can reassign the back buttons on the fly.

Edit: and yes, that is in fact a crocheted blanked from one of my now-deceased grandmothers.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

That looks really nasty.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

ITS MILSPEC GRIPTEX so you don't have the controller slip out of your sweaty cheeto crusted fingers while dunking on pubbies

v important

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I use a cheap $10 keyboard and some old rear end mouse that replaced my LIMITED EDITION MW2 GAMING MOUSE.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Mister Macys posted:

That looks really nasty.

Why? It's not like it's gummy or anything.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Surrre it isn't.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Nothing says Activision quality like blue screening in their games. Fuuuck this.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

3 year development cycle.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

:laffo: :tif: :laffo:

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Sorry for the bitchfit tantrum I threw earlier, lost twice in a row to some of the sweatiest tryhard and all I wanted was to relax after a lovely day. Shouldn't have been a massive idiot and kept my frustration to myself, wasn't your fault.

In other news, I have no idea what to use for longer range with ARs other than the NV4. Would the RPR evo regular variant be better for longer range fights? I want something as accurate as the NV4...that isn't the NV4. Maybe I should unlock the M1 next just for that.

Bonby fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jan 20, 2017

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

RAW. You want the RAW.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

M1 yes, also surprisingly the Type 2. It doesn't have a ton of recoil, can be suppressed basically for free with no meaningful damage range loss, and its akimbo mode is one of the fastest killing weapons in the game (assuming shots hit, which they usually don't, cough).

Only problem is its AR mode is the slowest killing AR in the game other than maybe the Goliath so... its not great to be caught up close in AR mode. On the other hand, NV4 does it all the time!

I haven't had great luck with the RPR AR for really long range, its a bit better with the variant that has Focus on it.

R3KT is another possible option, straight vertical recoil is really controllable.

Orrrr, R3K counterbalance + foregrip + zoomed VMC.

For reference:

Close:
code:
R3K - Spearhead	0.132
R3K	0.132
HVR	0.162
Type 2 (SMG)	0.179
FHR40	0.18
Ripper (SMG)	0.189
RPR Evo (SMG)	0.198
OSA	0.21
Erad	0.222
Karma-45	0.234
Mauler	0.24
R.A.W.	0.244
KBAR-32	0.246
Volk	0.248
RPR Evo (AR)	0.25
R3KT	0.264
MacTav-45	0.27
Mauler - Mammoth	0.278
Titan	0.288
NVA 4	0.294
M1	0.3
Type 2 (AR)	0.308
NVA 4 - Flatline	0.315
Volk - Goliath	0.368
Mid
code:
OSA	0.21
R.A.W.	0.244
Volk	0.248
RPR Evo (AR)	0.25
R3KT	0.264
MacTav-45	0.27
Mauler - Mammoth	0.278
Titan	0.288
NVA 4	0.294
Erad	0.296
M1	0.3
Type 2 (AR)	0.308
Karma-45	0.312
Type 2 (SMG)	0.313
Ripper (SMG)	0.314
NVA 4 - Flatline	0.315
Mauler	0.32
HVR	0.324
KBAR-32	0.328
RPR Evo (SMG)	0.33
FHR40	0.36
Volk - Goliath	0.368
R3K - Spearhead	0.448
R3K	0.548
And far
code:
Type 2 (SMG)	0.313
NVA 4 - Flatline	0.315
Mauler	0.32
OSA	0.35
MacTav-45	0.36
FHR40	0.36
R.A.W.	0.367
Erad	0.37
Volk	0.373
RPR Evo (AR)	0.375
Ripper (SMG)	0.377
Titan	0.384
Type 2 (AR)	0.385
Karma-45	0.39
NVA 4	0.392
R3KT	0.396
RPR Evo (SMG)	0.396
HVR	0.405
KBAR-32	0.41
R3K - Spearhead	0.448
R3K	0.548
Mauler - Mammoth	0.556
M1	0.6
Volk - Goliath	0.736
Obviously, you're not going to be landing all shots with smgs or high recoil guns at mid/long, but you can pick out the guns that are actually controllable at longer ranges in there easily enough.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog

victrix posted:

M1 yes, also surprisingly the Type 2. It doesn't have a ton of recoil, can be suppressed basically for free with no meaningful damage range loss, and its akimbo mode is one of the fastest killing weapons in the game (assuming shots hit, which they usually don't, cough).

Only problem is its AR mode is the slowest killing AR in the game other than maybe the Goliath so... its not great to be caught up close in AR mode. On the other hand, NV4 does it all the time!

I haven't had great luck with the RPR AR for really long range, its a bit better with the variant that has Focus on it.

R3KT is another possible option, straight vertical recoil is really controllable.

Orrrr, R3K counterbalance + foregrip + zoomed VMC.

I never thought to use the Type 2 as a longer ranged weapon, I'm gonna have to try it out, I remember hearing that with grip it is almost a laser.

As for the REKT, I'm at 3200 salvage, I thought people didn't like it at first but more and more seem to be warming up it, probably will get it once I get that 4k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

BobbyBaudoin posted:

I never thought to use the Type 2 as a longer ranged weapon, I'm gonna have to try it out, I remember hearing that with grip it is almost a laser.

As for the REKT, I'm at 3200 salvage, I thought people didn't like it at first but more and more seem to be warming up it, probably will get it once I get that 4k.

R3KT is my main weapon so feel free to grab it and give it a go. As they said it's pure vertical recoil and not even a ton of it at that.

• Locked thread