Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Deleter posted:

Glad they brought up the lovely glamorising of Joker and Harley's relationship, because the movie seems like it was written by the kind of people who missed the point of it.
Eh, that's not just a problem with the movie. A lot of female Harley fans don't seem to get what the relationship actual was, even after the comics spelled it all out and had Harley finally kicking the poo poo out of Joker while pretty much saying "YOU RUINED MY LIFE".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Count Chocula posted:

They keep accidentally describing Batman: Assault on Arkham when writing their better Suicide Squad movie.

That's probably my favorite part, there actually is a solid Suicide Squad movie and they keep accidentally pitching it, just showing how incredibly not difficult it is to at least make a good movie about this team!

Guy Mann posted:

Them talking about Captain Boomerang's ~random~ plush unicorn made me remember that Deadpool did the exact same gag just a few months earlier and it actually worked then, which only makes them stealing doing the same joke by complete coincidence that much worse.

Yea Suicide Squad reeeeally got hosed by Deadpool turning out to be fantastic. All their dumb tee hee random moments could have been fine if we didn't have a movie that was just out a bit ago that did that poo poo so much better.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I honestly do wonder if the "Random tee hee" moments were added because of Deadpool's success, of if they were there from the get-go.

I mean, it seemed like before the DP movie hit it big, the Suicide Squad trailers were more serious and darker, then afterwards it was adding the Bohemian Rhapsody and "Worst. Heroes. Ever." tagline.

(By the way; making a "Worst. ______. Ever." joke in 2016? Really?)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Evil Mastermind posted:

I honestly do wonder if the "Random tee hee" moments were added because of Deadpool's success, of if they were there from the get-go.

I mean, it seemed like before the DP movie hit it big, the Suicide Squad trailers were more serious and darker, then afterwards it was adding the Bohemian Rhapsody and "Worst. Heroes. Ever." tagline.

(By the way; making a "Worst. ______. Ever." joke in 2016? Really?)

wasn't that exactly how it worked? Wasn't this the movie that famously JUST HAPPENED to get a rewrite even after shooting was long past because Deadpool did gangbusters, and oh gee it just happens that the new trailers play up how Harley is so wacky and lol cutesy graffiti and all.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Evil Mastermind posted:

Eh, that's not just a problem with the movie. A lot of female Harley fans don't seem to get what the relationship actual was, even after the comics spelled it all out and had Harley finally kicking the poo poo out of Joker while pretty much saying "YOU RUINED MY LIFE".

I've known some girls like that, and it's a little sad because like, it's possible to be crazy about somebody, sure. But I think people lose the whole "they're both LITERALLY crazy and Joker is a loving rear end in a top hat who uses her like a puppet" thing. They get the whole "crazy for you" part and lose the rest. It's...sad. It's similar to the Twilight deal really.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I had no idea Trump's pick for Treasury was the executive producer on Suicide Squad. I want this brought up at his confirmation hearing.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

PostNouveau posted:

I had no idea Trump's pick for Treasury was the executive producer on Suicide Squad. I want this brought up at his confirmation hearing.

It's distressingly appropriate. :negative:

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
The CEO of Marvel is a Trump supporter too. Rich people are scum

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

The Vosgian Beast posted:

You undersell what a prick that dude is because he's very likely some form of war criminal.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

END ME SCOOB posted:

You undersell what a prick that dude is because he's very likely some form of war criminal.

Who, Perlmutter?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Who, Perlmutter?

Yeah, unless I'm mixing him up with another shady as gently caress Marvel higher-up who tries to an absurd degree to never let himself be seen on camera.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

END ME SCOOB posted:

Yeah, unless I'm mixing him up with another shady as gently caress Marvel higher-up who tries to an absurd degree to never let himself be seen on camera.

Did he work for the Phoenix Program or something?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Lemme double check that I have the right guy when I get off the train so I don't have to edit 15 posts later instead of 5.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

END ME SCOOB posted:

Lemme double check that I have the right guy when I get off the train so I don't have to edit 15 posts later instead of 5.

Oh, say no more:

quote:

Marvel CEO Isaac "Ike" Perlmutter is a veteran of Israel's 1967 Six-Day War.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
BOSS LADY EATIN' A STEAK

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
I was listening to the 2nd half of the episode this morning and saw 2 people on Tinder with movie Harley Quinn costumes.

I want to see GODS OF EGYPT before the episode. My little bro loves it, and it sounds like it has amazing visuals, which is all I care about in a movie (gently caress 'plot', it doesn't matter). It sounds like it'd go great with a few tall glasses of water.

Plus I'm Facebook friends with Alex Proyas because Sydney is tiny, and he posted a ton of rants/defenses of the movie. He seemed really hurt by the critical reception, and it's hard not to think of him. Plus I kinda know people who worked on it

Though it was hilarious going to a local occult art exhibition. They had trippy Crowley art and then Proyas' moody black and white photos of naked goth girls.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Oh, say no more:

Yeah, that's the one. He's kept a super strict "no photos" policy ever since he ended up over in the States and there was a kerfuffle over someone getting a shot of him at a Trump event due to this.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
A strict "don't go in the attic and take the drape off the portrait" policy.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
I'm shocked that a man who produces movies about a womanizing billionaire who lives in a tower with his name on it is a Trump supporter.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

This dude sounds like a total creep, there's been suits about him and allegations of racism for a while. What's the story with his war crimes??

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...c1939531697a285

Scott Eastwood just made the local news. No mention of Captain Boomerang though.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Count Chocula posted:

I was listening to the 2nd half of the episode this morning and saw 2 people on Tinder with movie Harley Quinn costumes.

I want to see GODS OF EGYPT before the episode. My little bro loves it, and it sounds like it has amazing visuals, which is all I care about in a movie (gently caress 'plot', it doesn't matter). It sounds like it'd go great with a few tall glasses of water.

Plus I'm Facebook friends with Alex Proyas because Sydney is tiny, and he posted a ton of rants/defenses of the movie. He seemed really hurt by the critical reception, and it's hard not to think of him. Plus I kinda know people who worked on it

Though it was hilarious going to a local occult art exhibition. They had trippy Crowley art and then Proyas' moody black and white photos of naked goth girls.

Man Y2K was not kind to Alex Proyas

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

So the new US government will be led by Marvel super villains?

Suicide Squad is a good episode. :)

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Winter Soldier was a documentary

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I loved their riff on Scott Eastwood being completely forgettable, because I was surprised to hear he was in this movie. I have no memory of who he was. Google tells me one of the soliders? Nothing.

Eric's comment was perfect. "I find it impossible to focus on him."

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I can't loving believe Trump won when Captain America: Winter Soldier taught us that Those People are bad, and if we just round Those People up in a registry with their anti-american anti-freedom ways, and kill them all, we will be okay

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Suicide Squad is a good episode. :)

Let me tell you about a time when they gave SHIELD over to Norman Osborn

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I can't loving believe Trump won when Captain America: Winter Soldier taught us that Those People are bad, and if we just round Those People up in a registry with their anti-american anti-freedom ways, and kill them all, we will be okay

I liked when Iron Man punched Captain America and then Cap punched back

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

weekly font posted:

I liked when Iron Man punched Captain America and then Cap punched back

I thought that was Civil War

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I totally remember Kevin James and Louie Anderson doing an episode of We Hate Movies for the movie White House Down, but it's not on the list! What's going on guys???

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I thought that was Civil War

I don't know anything about nothin

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

I don't think you're supposed to agree with the villains of the movie. They're literal Nazis.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

JT Smiley posted:

I don't think you're supposed to agree with the villains of the movie. They're literal Nazis.

An ideology which was apparently NOT about the quest for Lebensraum and racist ideology, but actually about how freedom is bad something something footage of Chavez and stock markets.

We just need to round up these nazis, who are apparently NOT racists, and make sure our crooked government is no longer infiltrated by these anti-freedom groups, and everything will be fine.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

An ideology which was apparently NOT about the quest for Lebensraum and racist ideology, but actually about how freedom is bad something something footage of Chavez and stock markets.

We just need to round up these nazis, who are apparently NOT racists, and make sure our crooked government is no longer infiltrated by these anti-freedom groups, and everything will be fine.

Sir this is an Arby's drive-thru

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Count Chocula posted:

I have him on Facebook too and he just comes off like the biggest rear end in a top hat humanly possible whenever he says anything. His default tone is :smuggo: pretty much.

e: on the bright side, I also have Marcus Nispel on Facebook through him, and Nispel is a pretty alright dude.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Double Nazis.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Theoretically a nazi times a nazi should be either an even bigger nazi, or a non-nazi

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It is funny that Winter Soldier ends with a good old fashioned purge of an intelligence agency.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I was pretty down on WHM last week for the lootcrate bit but this week they vastly improved and had a great episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The guy playing the soldier in charge of the Suicide Squad looks more like a trailer park meth addict than a soldier.