Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

muscles like this! posted:

Nice to see the show being a little more explicit(ish) about Lucifer swinging both ways.

On the one hand, yes, but on the other hand, one of the very few bisexual characters on TV is literally the devil...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Tiggum posted:

On the one hand, yes, but on the other hand, one of the very few bisexual characters on TV is literally the devil...

Well yes, but a devil that is a lovable scamp that helps solve crime.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Tiggum posted:

He's a character we are supposed to sympathize if not empathize with.

And it was so drat affirming to see a bisexual dude on TV who isn't "confused" but just "yep, some dudes are hot; whatta gonna do?" Like, I couldn't shut up about it. I was so happy.

Of course, they immediately, in the same episode have him swear off all other partners for Chloe. So there is that.

But it was still nice.

Coyote Ugly
Nov 14, 2006

I am ecstatic they finally got to the kiss at the end there, they've been building up to this all season. Maze is still my favorite character in the show, and I kind of wonder if she might hook up with Dan given how much they like to have her tease him at times. Even if it's just for a fling, it is still funny to me, though, how uncomfortable she makes him.

I have to admit I am still a bit clueless to the whole Chloe being a Miracle and how that is going to help them get back into heaven using Lucifer.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Coyote Ugly posted:

I am ecstatic they finally got to the kiss at the end there, they've been building up to this all season. Maze is still my favorite character in the show, and I kind of wonder if she might hook up with Dan given how much they like to have her tease him at times. Even if it's just for a fling, it is still funny to me, though, how uncomfortable she makes him.

I have to admit I am still a bit clueless to the whole Chloe being a Miracle and how that is going to help them get back into heaven using Lucifer.

I assume she will somehow help Lucifer restore the divinity he lost when he cut off and burned his wings and help restore his positive emotions like loyalty and duty so he'll want to go back to do his job with his hell-bride by his side.

And Maze is great how she almost gets it and then doesn't. She's doing what Lucifer did in S1 and it's cool to see a different character have a similar arc.

And the kiss, the whole build-up to it was warm fuzzies all over the place. It was like a Rom Com ending and it was silly and beautiful at the same time.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
I think that Lucifer really, really wants people to like him, and it's the reason he's so upset that basically none of his past partners really cared about him at all even though he remembers every one of them. His bisexuality is a part of that (also the fact that he's a massive horndog).

Also, according to the writers episodes 11-13 are supposed to be a trilogy so I would expect the next two will have a lot to do with figuring out what sort of relationship Lucifer and Chloe will have as well as what mom's actual plan is for Chloe.

Edit: "I wanna build a cat sanctuary" was great.

grack fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jan 18, 2017

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
These dudes know how procedurals like these work and are using that knowledge to gloriously gently caress with their audience. Before, they kept teasing the murder of Chloe's dad as a season arc, only to wrap it up in brutal, darkly hilarious fashion. Now, who saw them walking back the near-kiss Luci and Chloe had? That's practically de rigeur for this genre; you can't even mad at that. But I certainly didn't expect them to turn the tables and have them hook up at the end of the episode anyway.

drat, I love this show.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Coyote Ugly posted:

I think it's also letting them off the hook in some ways: Chloe being part of God's plan (Gaius) means that the con is still on - all this poo poo might be part of God's plan. None of their "betrayals" might actually be permanent. If God has put Chloe on earth as part of Lucifer's journey, it means that none of them are beyond redemption.

I don't understand what the plan is either, but I feel like that piece of information changes the playing field.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Or they're desperate and delusional

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Aleph Null posted:

He's a character we are supposed to sympathize if not empathize with.

And it was so drat affirming to see a bisexual dude on TV who isn't "confused" but just "yep, some dudes are hot; whatta gonna do?" Like, I couldn't shut up about it. I was so happy.

Of course, they immediately, in the same episode have him swear off all other partners for Chloe. So there is that.

But it was still nice.

Him being monogamous is fine, I would have loved if he wasn't just sleeping with models

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

sbaldrick posted:

Him being monogamous is fine, I would have loved if he wasn't just sleeping with models

I think it makes sense from the perspective of this story. While he tried super hard to make them have the best time possible, it was never about them, it was about his ability to do so. Chloe is the first human he's cared about the thoughts of, beyond that they were sufficiently impressed with him. They could have had his superficiality go more than skin deep and include particularly important, talented, or intelligent individuals, but that's both hard to represent in a minute or two of television time and not the default understanding of carnal superficiality.

Though it does run counter to Lucifer's established willingness to use sex to get what he wants like with Linda.

Tom Clancy is Dead fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jan 20, 2017

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Probably would have been awkward bringing in his shrink

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Snak posted:

I think it's also letting them off the hook in some ways: Chloe being part of God's plan (Gaius) means that the con is still on - all this poo poo might be part of God's plan. None of their "betrayals" might actually be permanent. If God has put Chloe on earth as part of Lucifer's journey, it means that none of them are beyond redemption.

I don't understand what the plan is either, but I feel like that piece of information changes the playing field.

In the last episode, Chloe will say that she's done what she needed to do, Lucifer will look away for a second, and then Chloe will disappear in a bullshit camera cutaway.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Oh so it will be a battlestar galactica ending. Good I needed another one of those.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
That part of the bsg ending was awesome. That was the good part of the ending.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Guess who's showing up when this comes back in May? Timothy Olyphant! He'll be playing a man who has been institutionalized because he is claiming he is God.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I think you mean Omundson.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Guess who's showing up when this comes back in May? Timothy Olyphant! He'll be playing a man who has been institutionalized because he is claiming he is God.

Wrong Deadwood alum; Timothy Odmundson, Lassiter from psych/Cain from supernatural/The king from galavant, not Olyphant (Raylan from Justified).

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Tim Omundson should be in literally everything.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

hangedman1984 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_5UZfwX0ss&t=37s

I would like to know more

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

SiKboy posted:

Wrong Deadwood alum; Timothy Odmundson, Lassiter from psych/Cain from supernatural/The king from galavant, not Olyphant (Raylan from Justified).

Even better!

I hope he gets to sing a duet with lucifer.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Oh that's co

SiKboy posted:

gently caress yes. I did not know I needed that but now I can't wait.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

hangedman1984 posted:

Guy was awesome on Psych and his role on Galavant was just so perfect.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Is it on tonight? None of the tv listings I usually check appear to think so.....

EDIT: WHAT THE gently caress

Oh thank god it was a dream

Is Ellis coloring his hair black now? It's darker than usual and distracting.

Oh Luci.....

Astrofig fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jan 24, 2017

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Maze watching Chloe's wet dream was god damned hilarious.

Poor Lucy though. He looked completely loving destroyed when he started to figure it out and ol' Mum confirmed it.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Ok, I'm good again.

Ah Dad Damnit, next week is the finale.

Zebulon posted:

Poor Lucy though. He looked completely loving destroyed when he started to figure it out and ol' Mum confirmed it.

How would you feel if your entire existence was preordained by some cosmic goon lord?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

VendaGoat posted:

Ok, I'm good again.

How would you feel if your entire existence was preordained by some cosmic goon lord?

Oh, I know. I'm mostly praising the fact the actor has just completely nailed the character, comedic and dramatic moments alike, and that he had a perfect face for just how soul crushing that sort of moment would be.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Zebulon posted:

Oh, I know. I'm mostly praising the fact the actor has just completely nailed the character, comedic and dramatic moments alike, and that he had a perfect face for just how soul crushing that sort of moment would be.

Tom does drat good work.

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
drat, that was heartbreaking. Glad we got more Dr. Linda time. "Now I see the resemblance".

drainpipe fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jan 24, 2017

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Maze has basically been turned in to 95% comic relief and it is awesome.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

grack posted:

Maze has basically been turned in to 95% comic relief and it is awesome.

Well when you have Mum as the hardcore, absolute, manipulative bitch....

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Loving the show as ever but boy there was some ADR tonight

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
"You are powerful and... tall"

Loved that part.

Man, I'm stealing a line from a friend, but this show is giving me emotional whiplash. Going from such pure happiness and joy to soul crushing sadness is just, god drat Ellis is a great actor.

Wondering if he's gonna bring the doc back from the dead to make the cure?

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

This case of the week was so bad. The world-renowned thoracic surgeon is the one who mangles themselves? They are forced to deal with the fact that you can't save everyone, are trained in triage, and would understand that they save more lives by continuing their craft. Her just following through with no outside discussion (besides the "what would you do?") was not believable.

The shows still great outside of the episodic stuff though.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yea, the episode plot was poo poo, but the meta plot was pretty good.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Honestly this.

"You are powerful and... tall"

Look, women like tall dudes. It is just a thing, yo.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

VendaGoat posted:

Ok, I'm good again.

No it isn't, the show is just taking a break till the beginning of May.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Wondering if he's gonna bring the doc back from the dead to make the cure?

That's what the preview suggested.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

The Lord Bude posted:

No it isn't, the show is just taking a break till the beginning of May.

Oh for gently caress's sake why even bother bringing it back for what, three episodes?

Disclaimer: I am not a tv exec :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

The cases are rarely any good but that's really not the point, they exist to give Lucifer a reason to interact with other people. Also it was nice to see CSI chick back.

• Locked thread