Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I've had that nationwide jingle stuck in my head for like two days in a row now. They play it so much during football games ahhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I have had "Hard Candy Christmas" as sung by The Monarch and his henchmen stuck in my head since Friday and it's very frustrating if only because it's not Christmas anymore.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Nationwide, Elvis survived~

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
i took a pill in ibiza

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

got some chores tonight posted:

i took a pill in ibiza

Good place to take one.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

got some chores tonight posted:

i took a pill in ibiza

Remember to only take one tylenol at a time.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Mr. F! posted:

Remember to only take one tylenol at a time.

And don't mix with alcohol! That can lead to acute liver failure!

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

@allenwren

Boom roasted

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Hey guys just checking in to say my therapist TOTALLY backed ya'll up about the benzos and booze but said the OTHER things were even worse so.

"Well, you just have to keep that in mind and then be careful." she says but I'll just be the designated sober fucker.

See ya'll on Friday for you-know-what

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
benzo's work fine for me, I only use them occasionally when needed

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Depressant + Depressant = You're gonna have a bad time

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Checks out, I'm never sad.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hey Australians I spent a lot of time this evening watching adorable kangaroo and emu videos.

Emus are completely ridiculous animals and I thoroughly enjoy they when lose their poo poo.

I would like to hang out with one but it'd probably freak the hell out over nothing and peck my face off.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Neither roos nor emus are very friendly animals, so it probs wouldn't go well.

Just stick to quokkas and huntsmen

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
benzos are for children

I roll with Maybach

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Asiina posted:

Hey Australians I spent a lot of time this evening watching adorable kangaroo and emu videos.

Emus are completely ridiculous animals and I thoroughly enjoy they when lose their poo poo.

I would like to hang out with one but it'd probably freak the hell out over nothing and peck my face off.

This is a Wallaby. This is the cute cuddly thing foreigners think of when they think of a Kangaroo

Wallaby's are cool and awesome and made for patting

This is a Kangaroo. A Kangaroo will murder you.

Kids in rural Australia are told if they encounter a Kangaroo, to immediately drop to the ground and cover their heads with their arms and pray the Kangaroo goes away

Why you ask? Because a Kangaroo does this

They are fiercely territorial fuckers who will gently caress you the gently caress up.

Emu's are hissy loving slash monsters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQM_MyoIZ0c

But they are nothing compared to a Cassowary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOPVVdg8noc

A Cassowary is basically a living breathing Velociraptor. It exists only to be pissed off and murder things. It will jump up at your stomach and gut you.
If you ever visit Australia and see one of these things, run in the opposite direction. I am not even joking about and having a laugh of "hahaha funny deadly Australia"
I am 100% completely serious when I say that these things will loving MURDER you given half a chance

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

You will never see a cassowary

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

it's pretty unlikely yeah

infinit was pretty spot on in describing the wild life

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Are wallaby to kangaroos as ponies are to horses?

That is just smaller versions of them or are they an actually different species in the way mice and rats are different.

Also, wouldn't running from a large bird like that trigger some sort of chase predator instinct? I thought that was generally unadvisable with most large animals.

Also where do dingos fit in (more like the rare wolf annoying fox or the lovely coyote?) and do you have any large sort of feline or ursine creatures one should worry about?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

BECAUSE BY THE TIME YOU SEE ONE IT WILL ALREADY BE TOO LATE

Also they live in rainforests so the chances of encountering one is pretty slim. 100% serious about running away from it tho

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Are wallaby to kangaroos as ponies are to horses?

That is just smaller versions of them or are they an actually different species in the way mice and rats are different.

Also, wouldn't running from a large bird like that trigger some sort of chase predator instinct? I thought that was generally unadvisable with most large animals.

Also where do dingos fit in (more like the rare wolf annoying fox or the lovely coyote?) and do you have any large sort of feline or ursine creatures one should worry about?

Wallabies and Roos are different species.
A wallaby is basically a mini-Roo, but without all the muscle. Google Rock Wallabies. They're cute.

A Cassowary is a fiercely territorial animal. It is basically hate incarnate, so you may think that backing off slowly is the right thing to do... it is not. Run the gently caress away from it if you ever spot one.

Dingos are primarily situated around the desserts. They're basically scavengers, and don't really pose that much of an issue for humans as they're quite shy.
They are opportunistic predators tho, so sometimes a Dingo will eat your baby

If you ever go to the Northen Territory, never ever ever ever ever ever go in the water.
Because Crocs.

If you want an actual cute animal to look at when you visit Australia, the Pygmy Penguins are the way to go. Worlds tiniest penguins!

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Jan 18, 2017

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
As Auspol can tell you

Ask me about Blue-tongues!

They are very cute :3:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
plenty of dingos roam around the forests up the coast

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
australia sounds nice, hows the wifi there

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
INF tell me about the drop bears. ;)

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Flying Leatherman posted:

They all have the clap.

Which I'm sensing isn't a deal-breaker for you.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Flying Leatherman posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULEQpUY_crc

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

They all have the clap.

Which I'm sensing isn't a deal-breaker for you.

busb has been busy

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Birdstrike posted:

busb has been busy
:drat:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Infinitum posted:

BECAUSE BY THE TIME YOU SEE ONE IT WILL ALREADY BE TOO LATE

Also they live in rainforests so the chances of encountering one is pretty slim. 100% serious about running away from it tho

Wallabies and Roos are different species.
A wallaby is basically a mini-Roo, but without all the muscle. Google Rock Wallabies. They're cute.

A Cassowary is a fiercely territorial animal. It is basically hate incarnate, so you may think that backing off slowly is the right thing to do... it is not. Run the gently caress away from it if you ever spot one.

Dingos are primarily situated around the desserts. They're basically scavengers, and don't really pose that much of an issue for humans as they're quite shy.
They are opportunistic predators tho, so sometimes a Dingo will eat your baby

If you ever go to the Northen Territory, never ever ever ever ever ever go in the water.
Because Crocs.

If you want an actual cute animal to look at when you visit Australia, the Pygmy Penguins are the way to go. Worlds tiniest penguins!

Very interesting. Thank you. Just pray you can outright it to it's border I guess. Dingos sound like coyotes in that case, shy scavengers that can get a bit big in the britches and cause trouble if ignored. And I would never get into the water up north, I've seen photos of those crocs, they're enormous and terrifying. I wonder how many original colonizers were killed by the wildlife before records were kept.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Inf (and others) thank you for your information but counterpoint.

Look at these ridiculous and adorable creatures!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHpYBwzlfTc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGyG1ZiG8_o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9OBqYbZ99c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FnGHVZb9ho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNm4nn5eu_g

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So what do you guys have in the area of like, city dwelling nature rodents? Like mice and rats I imagine are kind of a thing everywhere, but do you have squirrels and chipmunks and rabbits and groundhogs?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
If you were in a city park and saw some sort of small wild mammal, what would it be?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i've got deer

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I love that this what you do to get emus to come closer:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

i've got deer

This is an incredible answer to the question about what rodents are in Australian cities

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

:)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

in my experience (n=1) australians are fascinated by squirrels

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

This is an incredible answer to the question about what rodents are in Australian cities

:yeah:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Pinterest Mom posted:

in my experience (n=1) australians are fascinated by squirrels

Agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Still need 5 more people to come be dumb and/or scum in my game.