Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

W.T. Fits posted:

I can't help but notice that Bandana's eyes are obscured so that you can't tell if she's just unconscious or if she's actually dead.

Which means she's probably all right. Maybe.

:ohdear:

99% not dead; a wrench is a non-lethal weapon! (Probably)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Raenir Salazar posted:

99% not dead; a wrench is a non-lethal weapon! (Probably)

Let me analyze this! First let's start the Donmartinalyzer... *beep boop*

Now we're going to put in some calibrating specimen

SLASH SLASH!
SSHKRTTK!
KEESH!
WHAM!
CHOMP!

*blink*

Okay, the calibration light is green. Now let's see...

WONK!
THUNK.

*brrrt...*

Just a minute... wait for it...

*bingbingbing!*

Oh yeah, she's gonna be alright.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
Belkar, V, and Haley jumped ship a while ago. Elan is hanging on to the ropes and probably won't be deck-level for a little while. that means it's Roy (currently preoccupied with two more giant warriors) who has to de-escalate the current mutiny and/or make the decision to jump ship and hoof the rest of the journey in the morning with V's help.

it's probably for the best that belkar bailed out so early, tbh

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
V probably knows overland flight. They should just say "gently caress it ya hosers"

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

greatn posted:

V probably knows overland flight. They should just say "gently caress it ya hosers"

On the other hand, I think at least Haley is friends with someone there in the crew no? I can see Roy not wanting to abandon them while the Captain is alive.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Nah gently caress those guys.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i think the end result is going to be a little of column A, a little of column B. i doubt Roy's just going to let them leave without a word in edgewise, but if he can get some semblance of order/rescue Bandanna, he might be inclined to respect the crew's desire to not get extremely murdered by frost giants and bail on their expedition anyway.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I expect him to power up his sword, shout "Krypton had its chance!" and smash the boat to smithereens with one blast.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Raenir Salazar posted:

On the other hand, I think at least Haley is friends with someone there in the crew no? I can see Roy not wanting to abandon them while the Captain is alive.

Umm Haley got pretty pally with you know, the person who just got konked on the noggin?

So yeah, she's not gonna be happy.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

They're probably not dumb enough to mutiny in the middle of a Giant attack, but that would be just the OotS's luck.

Wah wah.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I think it's not that they're okay, but that they still need someone to give orders, and the former cap'n is unconscious. I wasn't expecting this to be the snapping point, because Bandanna did have a good explanation for rejecting Andy's "turn off the pass" suggestion.

Now it looks like that was setup for Andy's mutiny getting them all killed by taking them down a bad path.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I wonder what the fallout for this will be. I don't see the Captain as really being a " forgive a mutiny and getting wrenched in the head", but on the other hand, maybe she didnt really make clear to the crew how important and vital this mission is.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Well you were partly right.

They, as a group, didn't decide to mutiny during a giant attack. Just the engineer did. :v:

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Johnny Aztec posted:

I wonder what the fallout for this will be. I don't see the Captain as really being a " forgive a mutiny and getting wrenched in the head", but on the other hand, maybe she didnt really make clear to the crew how important and vital this mission is.

I would wonder what Scoundrél will make of all this. Having his engineer decide she owns the airship over his decision to put Bandana in charge seems like she just got herself fired one way or the other.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

I would wonder what Scoundrél will make of all this. Having his engineer decide she owns the airship over his decision to put Bandana in charge seems like she just got herself fired one way or the other.

She's gonna apologize and get a much angrier version of the 'redemption isn't for everyone' speech, except instead of ending with her dying it ends with her being fired.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

But it helps the drama of the moment, so he may let it slide.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

nimby posted:

But it helps the drama of the moment, so he may let it slide.

Yeah. It's an exciting, dramatic moment filled with danger. He'll be okay with the total loss of the airship.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

oobey posted:

Yeah. It's an exciting, dramatic moment filled with danger. He'll be okay with the total loss of the airship.

I doubt we'll see Scoundrel again, except maybe for a 'lol guess i survived' bit in the epilogue

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I could see Scoundrel appearing to Elan in a ghostly vision at a crucial moment to provide some wisdom or encouragement, for a "wait you didn't die" "I know I'm trying to skip over that part of the departed mentor achetype" gag.

Regardless it might be that the fate of the crew or how they handle the mutiny situation won't matter for much longer. They might all die when Bandana turns out to have been right that turning off would be just as dangerous, or the ship might just be under too heavy attack, or Roy might be forced to bail so he can regroup with the others and the ship sails out of the story - the upshot is they lose access to the ship and need a new travel solution.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

What it means is that the Mechane was going too quickly, and this is how they get there "in the nick of time".

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I think this all leads towards the destruction of the world and the protagonists fleeing to the one inside the rift, where the last 1-2 books will take place.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

sebmojo posted:

I doubt we'll see Scoundrel again, except maybe for a 'lol guess i survived' bit in the epilogue

He mentioned he was going on a vacation to the Chaotic Good afterlife, so if we see him again he'll be stoned beyond mortal comprehension.

Along with Lord Shoujo's ghost.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
This sure throws a wrench into Roy and the gang's plan.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Looks like she'll never be the head of a major corporationairship

Colonel Cool
Dec 24, 2006

Gosh I sure hope Banada is ok. :ohdear:

Colonel Cool fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Jan 12, 2017

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Banana.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.
Cabana?

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Copacabana!

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

New one!

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1063.html

Nice jab at V, there.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i'm honestly delighted by the decision to give an airship a handbrake turn sound effect

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I'm enjoying Roy shrugging off a giant axe to the face in the middle of calmly reasoning with his opponent.

I'd almost forgotten he knows about V now. At some point going back and reading this segment all at once will be necessary.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
No x's, she'll be okay. :)

Also, glad to see at least one member of the crew is willing to call out the engineer for being a mutinous piece of poo poo.

Not quite as pleased to see her just trying to brush it off like it's no big deal.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

W.T. Fits posted:

No x's, she'll be okay. :)

Also, glad to see at least one member of the crew is willing to call out the engineer for being a mutinous piece of poo poo.

Not quite as pleased to see her just trying to brush it off like it's no big deal.

Well, she is kind of a mutinous piece of poo poo. Also probably trying to rationalize it away herself, considering her own panic/surprise response immediately after wrenching Bandana.

Julio really chose a bad time to take a vacation.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

RandallODim posted:

Julio really chose a bad time to take a vacation.

I think if Julio was aware of current events he'd have reached a very different conclusion.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Julio's well aware that he was already pushing his luck coming back into the story once. If he'd stuck around he'd probably already be dead at the fangs of Durkula or something.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It also appears that the Helmsman has no will of his own.

Vanant
Mar 27, 2010
I read it more like he wants to avoid being next on the concussion list, while also quietly castigating Andi for her part in creating the dilemma in the first place. To me it seems like a kind of snide thing to say, rather than listless.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into it!

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I kinda side with Andi on this, kinda.

Wrong time and place, but I can't really blame a member of a low level crew for being just a little apprehensive to charge into the jaws of death even if the fate of the world is in the balance. Dead is dead, whether at the hands of giants or gods and they ain't going to fork out to raise you (which is already a hard enough task of finding someone who can).

Don't fully condone but don't fully condemn her actions I guess.

Also this is just Rich setting up for the group for his sequel comic, coming in 2027!

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vanant posted:

I read it more like he wants to avoid being next on the concussion list, while also quietly castigating Andi for her part in creating the dilemma in the first place. To me it seems like a kind of snide thing to say, rather than listless.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into it!

Yeah, it came off as snarky to me as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

World Famous W posted:

I kinda side with Andi on this, kinda.

Wrong time and place, but I can't really blame a member of a low level crew for being just a little apprehensive to charge into the jaws of death even if the fate of the world is in the balance. Dead is dead, whether at the hands of giants or gods and they ain't going to fork out to raise you (which is already a hard enough task of finding someone who can).

Don't fully condone but don't fully condemn her actions I guess.

Also this is just Rich setting up for the group for his sequel comic, coming in 2027!

I feel like her outright saying to
Bandana "why won't you just do what I tell you to" reveals a lot about her actual motivation. I think it's much more just that this is a stressful situation where they disagreed rather than genuine "if I don't we'll all die" panic.

Note also that right before she did it, she wasn’t looking terrified, she was looking furious. She was mad that Bandana was overruling her.