Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
There's some doujin where he ended up becoming a firefighter.

(and also marrying Taiga :raise:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

I'm sensing a real hosed up opinion here

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

The best possible ending

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Freak Futanari posted:

The best possible ending

Agreed.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

Yes that is the correct non-Rin choice

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Ytlaya posted:

Become a doctor in a war torn country then?

I'm not sure if you realize you're describing Twice H Pieceman but you totally are and it's kinda funny.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

Reverse Hikaru Genji success.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

shikivsshirou.jpg

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I decided to finally do Scathach's interludes, and the first stage of the first interlude gave 6(!) Talons, allowing me to do her final ascension! I had completely forgotten about how many materials interludes can give.

For a Quick/critical team where I have Scathach and Jack, would it be best to have another good Quick servant (like Okita) as the third party member or should I use a Buster-heavy servant that can absorb stars? Since the third person is a Support servant I can basically pick anyone I want.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Quick teams are pretty pointless in the grand scale of things because of Quick's lovely damage modifiers. Drop Scathach unless you intend for her to be the star absorber and replace her with either a support Merlin or Waver. Waver/Merlin + Jack + Star Absorber Of Your Choice (probably Buster oriented if you picked Merlin) is pretty much a foolproof team.

And if you want to use Arts, consider Caster Gilgamesh as your support.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Rider class have the best star absorb if you can't find any good combo.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

So I decided to finally do Scathach's interludes, and the first stage of the first interlude gave 6(!) Talons, allowing me to do her final ascension! I had completely forgotten about how many materials interludes can give.

For a Quick/critical team where I have Scathach and Jack, would it be best to have another good Quick servant (like Okita) as the third party member or should I use a Buster-heavy servant that can absorb stars? Since the third person is a Support servant I can basically pick anyone I want.

Boring answer: Waver
Not-so-boring answer: Okita is ok, but I'd probably use Gil, Jeanne Alter or Cu Alter/Minamoto. Cu is more tanky, which is important when none of your servants can help your Berserker to survive, but Minamoto has a Buster up and works so loving well with stars.
Jack is such an incredible star generator though, it doesn't really matter all that much, you'll have much more problems finding something that doesn't work.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Extella is good

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Nice Fake.

https://twitter.com/bbci_f/status/821396868076703744

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Nyaa posted:

Rider class have the best star absorb if you can't find any good combo.

Thats btw the only thing bugging me about Mashu. Unless you have a star absorb buff active she steals so many stars from my damage dealers, its not funny anymore

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

BlitzBlast posted:

Quick teams are pretty pointless in the grand scale of things because of Quick's lovely damage modifiers. Drop Scathach unless you intend for her to be the star absorber and replace her with either a support Merlin or Waver. Waver/Merlin + Jack + Star Absorber Of Your Choice (probably Buster oriented if you picked Merlin) is pretty much a foolproof team.

And if you want to use Arts, consider Caster Gilgamesh as your support.

Ah, I was under the impression it would be bad to have a team with their cards all over the place, since it might make getting the cards you want unreliable.

And yeah I get the impression that a total Quick team suffers from the fact that a non-crit Buster attack with the first-card Buster damage modifier + a Buster chain I think does more damage than a Quick crit. I was thinking that it might work well if you had some Buster character to constantly absorb all the stars from the two other Quick characters, though. I guess that the benefit of Waver/Merlin outweighs the benefit of a somewhat higher chance of getting more stars (though Merlin's NP might be able to off-set the star issue).

Putting together a good party is pretty easy, since I have a bunch of good stuff. The only weakness in my roster is a lack of 5*/4* BBBQA servants. The only one I have is Musashi, who is pretty great but doesn't seem that well suited to crit teams since she doesn't have any skills that absorb stars or boost crit damage.

Quetzalcoatl might work okay since she's a Rider, though she only has one skill that gives 1 turn of boosted star absorb/crit damage.

How are Arts crit teams (and how should they be built)? Would something like Saber Lancelot + Merlin/Waver + Jack be good?

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Musashi is excellent regardless of whether or not she has a star absorber skill. She can easily be slotted into crit teams.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I think any card composition is fine if you bother to count card.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

The only one I have is Musashi, who is pretty great but doesn't seem that well suited to crit teams since she doesn't have any skills that absorb stars or boost crit damage.

Star absorption skills aren't really necessary if you can poo poo out enough stars. Which is something Jack does really well, so don't worry about it.

quote:

Quetzalcoatl might work okay since she's a Rider, though she only has one skill that gives 1 turn of boosted star absorb/crit damage.

One turn is more than enough. You only ever want to pop those skills when you have the opportunity for a full on Buster Brave Chain crit.

quote:

How are Arts crit teams (and how should they be built)? Would something like Saber Lancelot + Merlin/Waver + Jack be good?

Arts Crit teams are built around spamming NPs. Saber Lancelot and Archer Artoria are the premier star absorbers for the concept.

Waver is fine, but Merlin isn't a very good idea since he's more geared towards Buster teams. I already said this, but consider Caster Gilgamesh.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

BlitzBlast posted:

Star absorption skills aren't really necessary if you can poo poo out enough stars. Which is something Jack does really well, so don't worry about it.

Arts Crit teams are built around spamming NPs. Saber Lancelot and Archer Artoria are the premier star absorbers for the concept.

Waver is fine, but Merlin isn't a very good idea since he's more geared towards Buster teams. I already said this, but consider Caster Gilgamesh.

Regarding the first point, yeah I guess that's true, and it's also possible to not need the star absorbtion skills if one character happens to have significantly higher base star absorption than the other two.

Would Caster Gilgamesh be in place of one of the other two Casters (I'm guessing so given your wording, but wanted to make sure)? Also, is it important to have an Arts NP for Arts Crit teams? Because I have Arjuna, but he has a Buster NP.

Actually, since I have a "free" slot for the support, I could always just run Saber Lancelot, Archer Artoria, and Waver (or Caster Gil if that's who he's supposed to replace I guess).

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Captain Baal posted:

Extella is good

Hm, still tempted to get it. Maybe I should get that and Yakuza 0...

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Wow, got Altera with the second summon ticket from the dango quests! First time ever getting a 5* from a summon ticket. I have way too many 5* Sabers now (Arturia, Mordred, Altera, Musashi).

How does Altera compare with Arturia/Mordred? I'm assuming she's significantly worse than Musashi.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
Do people spend their summon tickets right away? I usually save up to around 30-40.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I save until something I care to roll for pops up and the spend them whenever because its not like the gacha changes its rate at all

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Raenir Salazar posted:

Do people spend their summon tickets right away? I usually save up to around 30-40.

I do because as far as I know there's no bonus from spending multiple at once like with quartz (or ability to do so in the first place I don't think). I figured I'd spend them on the King Hassan gacha since it would be kind of neat to get him but not enough for me to spend all the rest of my quartz.

How good is the Moonlight Festival CE? Is it worth limit breaking? It seems pretty good, and 15 to 20% is a pretty big improvement from the limit break. I already had one from the original event so I only need 4 more, but it might be a little tough to get those + all the materials I want from the event (and past 2 they won't be useful for increasing my dango rate, since I won't have cost left to equip more than that).

By the way, regarding CEs that give + star generation is it more proportionally useful to use them on characters who have lower default star generation? I think I read somewhere that star generation is additive (up to some cap), which would make +20% a bigger proportional increase on someone with lower default star gen.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Raenir Salazar posted:

I almost never save tickets or quartz.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Shaking my head if you don't immediately spend all your quartz and tickets the moment you get them.

Saving is for wusses with impulse control.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Captain Baal posted:

Extella is good
Agreed. The dialogue with Nero is spot-on and her VA really delivers. Liz doing her idol song as you get closer to her on the battlefield was a cool touch as well.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Curse you Fedex for missing me yesterday! I'm flat-out broke and now I don't even have my game! :argh:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Ytlaya posted:

I do because as far as I know there's no bonus from spending multiple at once like with quartz (or ability to do so in the first place I don't think). I figured I'd spend them on the King Hassan gacha since it would be kind of neat to get him but not enough for me to spend all the rest of my quartz.

At the very least I figure if you really want a particular Servant its better to have as many attempts you can muster.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

RanKizama posted:

Agreed. The dialogue with Nero is spot-on and her VA really delivers. Liz doing her idol song as you get closer to her on the battlefield was a cool touch as well.

Extella has been fun so far yeah, and Nero is the best. I noticed that Liz's singing isn't bad at all like Fate GO claims either.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I finished Nero's story and giant spectral titty monster boss was sure something. It also seems like the change code cast only works in story mode which is kinda annoying because that means your changes are just gonna be Emiya, Karna, and Gil. Which are still good choices but I'd like to try the rest to see who I like here and there.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Tribladeofchaos posted:

I noticed that Liz's singing isn't bad at all like Fate GO claims either.

It's always been a "Just take our word it's awful" sort of thing.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

It's always been a "Just take our word it's awful" sort of thing.

The Chaldea team just aren't fans of desu metallu.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also are Liz and Nero being rivals a thing from CCC because I know nothing about how the other servants react to her in that game since only Gilgamesh has the translation.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

The Chaldea team just aren't fans of desu metallu.

It's been a thing since CCC!

Captain Baal posted:

Also are Liz and Nero being rivals a thing from CCC

Yep. Nero considers Liz a rival in the realm of spotlight whoring, while IIRC Caster sorta sympathizes with Liz's situation but also thinks she's really dumb.

Don't know how EMIYA feels about her, though.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

How does the story compare with Extra or Extra/CCC? I don't have very high requirements in terms of plot; something equivalent to either of those games would be adequate (even though Extra wasn't that great, it still kept me entertained, and CCC with Gil as a servant is lots of fun). But I probably wouldn't be interested in the game if it was like 90% gameplay and 10% plot or something.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Stargen is additive up to 300% total, so yeah power stargen characters get a bigger proportional bonus.
What really matters is hitcount anyways.

Tribladeofchaos posted:

Extella has been fun so far yeah, and Nero is the best. I noticed that Liz's singing isn't bad at all like Fate GO claims either.

IIRC guda comments at some point that she's basically singing death metal.

Might also have to do with the fact her voice also doubles as her weapon (literally).- :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The game actually has a pretty dense amount of plot and terminology as would be expected of a Fate game at this point. It also requires you know poo poo about Extra and CCC if you wanna know what the deal was with certain characters here and there. It favors gameplay of course but there's a significant amount of cutscenes and dialogue.