Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
It's sort of interesting to see the difference between original Japanese lines and what the translators decided to make of them.

In UMvC3 it was sometimes better and sometimes worse. Dante / Vergil general quotes, or Vergil's win quote vs ghost rider are pretty funny even if they aren't what they say in Japanese. Akuma has always seemed to be sort of bad. In English, they always seem to make him talk about being evil, but the Japanese lines don't really say that at all. Akuma vs Ryu has Akuma saying that Ryu should go to the 'dark side' like he's a relative of Darth Vader, but the Japanese line just tells Ryu he needs to throw away his current fighting style AFAIK. English Akuma seems like a massive edgelord in most games he's been in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

It's sort of interesting to see the difference between original Japanese lines and what the translators decided to make of them.

In UMvC3 it was sometimes better and sometimes worse. Dante / Vergil general quotes, or Vergil's win quote vs ghost rider are pretty funny even if they aren't what they say in Japanese. Akuma has always seemed to be sort of bad. In English, they always seem to make him talk about being evil, but the Japanese lines don't really say that at all. Akuma vs Ryu has Akuma saying that Ryu should go to the 'dark side' like he's a relative of Darth Vader, but the Japanese line just tells Ryu he needs to throw away his current fighting style AFAIK. English Akuma seems like a massive edgelord in most games he's been in.

akuma is really popular in america bc hes an edgelord

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
His name in English is literally demon

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

gouki is japanese for akuma

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

see now I'd bet that akuma would smack the gently caress out of a baby

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Good Akuma

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Wanderer posted:

As of last month, Injustice did 1.38 million. MVC3 did 2.86 million over its lifetime, although UMVC3 was apparently a relative bomb.

I don't know where you got those numbers but I'm pretty sure Injustice sold way more than that. I was told around 3m before the GOTY version came out and that version supposedly did pretty well again.

The other angle is that the supporting media - the comic and the mobile game - was also very popular and cemented Injustice as a sub-series that exists beyond the fighting game.

I wish I could care about any of it, but alas. Where's Shazam?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Captain Marvel is not gonna be in the game probably because this game is gonna be used to promote even more poo poo than the first one already did

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Just replace Shazam with Mary Marvel and we're good to go.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Captain Baal posted:

Captain Marvel is not gonna be in the game probably because this game is gonna be used to promote even more poo poo than the first one already did

But Captain Marvel is already in Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Captain Baal posted:

also he got lobotomized by superman in the story mode
i guess to death?? idk

hey remember when superman lasered a 10 year old child in the brain in injustice

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Captain Baal posted:

Isn't DC making a Shazam movie with Dwayne Johnson as Black Adam?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Fereydun posted:

hey remember when superman lasered a 10 year old child in the brain in injustice

Yeah, poo poo was dope.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Oh yeah that was a thing huh

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Probably gonna be bad like the other DC movies. However the animated DC movies have been good.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

AnonSpore posted:

His name in English is literally demon

No his name in English is Akuma.

You kids don't know nothing about fighting game.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

C. Everett Koop posted:

see now I'd bet that akuma would smack the gently caress out of a baby

is the baby really strong? because he'd totally fight that strong baby

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Why is akumas nose so big?

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Keegers posted:

Why is akumas nose so big?
ajuma

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I'm gonna assume this post isn't what I think it is

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Pomp posted:

I'm gonna assume this post isn't what I think it is

It's obviously about Skullgirls

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Keegers posted:

Probably gonna be bad like the other DC movies. However the animated DC movies have been good.

the animated DC movies are abysmal

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

the animated DC movies are abysmal

i liked the one with mexican superman

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

might be old, but Rev 2 leaks

source: http://hanabi.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/gamefight/1484398205/813
translated by: @GREATFERNMAN

quote:

Arcade release in Spring 2017. PS3 (update version only) and PS4 release in 2017.
Update version is 2000 yen. Price for full game is to be determined.
Update version is digital.

Baiken:
New counter move, Azami. Can be used even while blocking or in the air.
All her guard cancels have been replaced with this (she has no other guard cancels).
According to an interview, Baiken is hard to deal with as an opponent, and might be confusing as a new character, so simplicity was stressed in her design.
She has the same moves as before so it shouldn't feel too different, but what can be done to her and what she should be doing have changed and increased.

Answer:
He specializes in high speed offense through the setting of business cards and scrolls.
After setting a scroll in the air, he can do followup specials after holding on to it.
After throwing a business card on the ground like a shuriken, he can warp to the cards location or attack from the card with a clone.

Rev2's story update is pretty long, but since it is an update, it is not nearly as long as Revelator's.
Console will receive no new modes other than a story update, but netplay will be brushed up.

The balance changes for the old characters are not drastic. Instead of balancing "because it's a new version", the changes are what was seen as necessary changes based on observing the current competitive environment.
Because of that, some characters received new moves, while others only had changes to their current set of tools.
It seems that Ramlethal has a new move (could be plural as well).
Potemkin's crouching hurtbox was lowered (it's not just a hurtbox change, he is also visually lower than before).
Axl's Haitaka stance was reworked with a change in its concept. It was changed because even though Axl is a long ranged character, at longer ranges an opponent with a projectile had the advantage.
Faust's items were tweaked. For example, bombs have a probability of being a firework instead.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

I don't know where you got those numbers but I'm pretty sure Injustice sold way more than that. I was told around 3m before the GOTY version came out and that version supposedly did pretty well again.

The other angle is that the supporting media - the comic and the mobile game - was also very popular and cemented Injustice as a sub-series that exists beyond the fighting game.

I wish I could care about any of it, but alas. Where's Shazam?

He pulled those numbers from vgchartz, and just for the 360 version. If you count sales across all platforms Injustice probably did somewhere in the 5 million range even if you just count sales from PS3/PS4/360/PC it's north of 4 million.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

C. Everett Koop posted:

even ssf2 is too fast for capcom japan, maybe it would be better as a turn-based game.

perhaps fight by mail, give you enough time to get your footsies right, think about it a little.

Let's fight by thread. I am going to throw you. What are you going to do about it?

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Bitch until throws are nerfed harder in season 2.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

El Estrago Bonito posted:

He pulled those numbers from vgchartz, and just for the 360 version. If you count sales across all platforms Injustice probably did somewhere in the 5 million range even if you just count sales from PS3/PS4/360/PC it's north of 4 million.

Yeah, looked that up before my coffee. Mea culpa.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

dhamster posted:

Let's fight by thread. I am going to throw you. What are you going to do about it?

I shimmy and punish with 100% combo

The crowd goes wild

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

dhamster posted:

im vergil and spiral swords are up and im in xfactor 3 i win

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Im gonna jump.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
i make the read and try to jab you out of your throw startup but gently caress it up and get thrown somehow

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Fereydun posted:

im vergil and spiral swords are up and im in xfactor 3 i win

Rocket raccoon spring super X factor into death combo

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Hey Brosnan:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TEKKEN/status/821779205725835272

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
announcing your gonna make an announcement in a week instead of just saying it is lame as gently caress

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

I try to tech out but don't do it in time. I blame lag, my controller, and the lovely console port.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i get thrown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Make sure to DI away to avoid followups.