Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

TheAgent posted:

wait did everyone forget surfacedetail was surfacedetail

whats going on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHJbSvidohg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Every loving bit of this!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTY1i9F_7Yw

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://twitter.com/DisturbedJim83/status/817778557149650945
https://twitter.com/DisturbedJim83/status/818133159523086336
https://twitter.com/DisturbedJim83/status/818341739694006276
https://twitter.com/DisturbedJim83/status/821062238333181952
https://twitter.com/DisturbedJim83/status/821448194915704835

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I genuinely love watching these folks try to burn Derek. It's like watching toddlers lie.

I watched the last episode of Sherlock tonight while my husband was out, and when he came home he asked me what I thought, and I said that I felt sorry for all the camera people and set designers and costumers who had to do their jobs like responsible adults while demented toddlers mashed their Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson action figures together in a boring and pointless series of completely improbable scenarios.

And yet, compared to Star Citizen, it was a high point of humanity's artistic achievement.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Sunswipe posted:

I know memes are generally lazy humour,

To which I say ..... "Suck My oval office"

Now you tell me how that is lazy!

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

nawledgelambo posted:

Looks like they're already transitioning to already doing that

Chris: wheres the god damned make-up artist we just hired!! I don't pay them 140k/yr for almost nothing! come on! Now smile while you do it!!

As someone who works in broadcasting, I know you where somewhat joking about the 140k/year but make up artist do make really good money and due to the fact that they spend a lot of time with the presenters/actors talking while doing the make-up, often end up with a lot of support for them being well paid and looked after (and they know shitloads of gossip).

When we went from SDTV to HDTV, I know some makeup artist that claimed they need to buy all new kit (they do have shitloads of makeup) and used the jump to HD as a reason to increase their rates (beyond just offsetting the 'need' of new 'HD' makeup).

Anyway, anyone thinking of becoming a makeup artist for television or film and is ok at it should go for it. (I've yet to met a male one)

.... ok ... back to shipshitposting

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Kosumo posted:

As someone who works in broadcasting, I know you where somewhat joking about the 140k/year but make up artist do make really good money and due to the fact that they spend a lot of time with the presenters/actors talking while doing the make-up, often end up with a lot of support for them being well paid and looked after (and they know shitloads of gossip).

When we went from SDTV to HDTV, I know some makeup artist that claimed they need to buy all new kit (they do have shitloads of makeup) and used the jump to HD as a reason to increase their rates (beyond just offsetting the 'need' of new 'HD' makeup).

Anyway, anyone thinking of becoming a makeup artist for television or film and is ok at it should go for it. (I've yet to met a male one)

.... ok ... back to shipshitposting

Their web shows are total garbage from the production to the content, but hey the makeup looks good?

Gotta keep people employed I suppose

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Meridian posted:

You do it to yourself, you do
And that's what really hurts
Is you do it to yourself, just you
You and no-one else
You do it to yourself

Well, duh. I am a single goon...

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Sappo569 posted:

Their web shows are total garbage from the production to the content, but hey the makeup looks good?

Gotta keep people employed I suppose

out of common courtesy they try to look pretty before they gently caress you

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

nawledgelambo posted:

You know, I never take anyone too seriously on the internet, but derek, honestly, if I were you, I'd make sure you have preventative measures against this dude. He will be the one that rappels into your bedroom window and mercs you in your sleep because obviously you made star citizen fail.

Nah, ol chubby's rappelling days are far behind him now. Besides, he isn't making the kind of cheddar needed to just go and pull a junky stunt like that on The Refund Messiah. More than likely he will write furiously through the tears on :reddit: and Twitter. Yeah, gently caress that fat bastard.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Rudager posted:

Ever heard the saying "quality over quantity". CiG is incredibly good at creating the illusion of open development through the sheer quantity of shows they do that re-tell the same information over and over and over again at a very superficial "Wouldn't it be cool if we could do this" "It's going to be so cool to do that" level.

Meanwhile if I ask 5 Citizens how mining or cargo hauling all work I get 5 different answers because the official information about it is so vague that people fill in the specific details with their imagination.

This reminds me. At the beginning, even here, people thought Chris was responding to questions by referencing things they had internally discussed. It wasn't until later did people wake up and realise he is making it up as he is saying it. And that no-one is writing what he is saying down anywhere.

Cultists have apparently not clued in on this fact and still think he is not only referencing things they have discussed in technical meetings, golly, he is actually talking about things they have already coded up! It just isn't released yet!

Gives some perspective for their posts. Or I am totally wrong and they are just morons. Obvious scams still exist after all.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
tane

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

This project is an utter failure. I wish I had backed, just so I could get a refund.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

You are a Goon; What would you do?

The year is 2975 CIG time (2026 our time), Star Citizen has been released for over 18 months now and after it taking a year for the goons to get back in and form an Org, Derek Smart, Citizen, has lead you and his warband to take the first Bengal Carrier for the Org.
Do you -

A - Apply to work on the flight deck, dancing ships into space, only to be reveled to have worse dance moves than Rebecca Black (or a roadkill hedgehog).

B - Start a poll to change the name of the ship from "My July Blog Post" to "Let Me Fucken Finish" only to cheerlead for the later to then turn around and back stab all those who supported the change and call for them to be TubeJetted (the space version of walking the plank where people are jetted out the torpedo tube).

C - Leave the Goon Org to travel the verse alone, looking for the lost pgabz, who was last seen naked space walking into a worm hole only to not come out the other end, some believe due to his edited config files.

D - Apply to work in the Engineering Department only to keep routing all the power away from the Galley whenever the Chief advise that tonight's pizza will have pineapple on it.

E - Constantly stand in front of the pilot, block his view, spamming "Just Ram It" both on voice coms and chat.

F - Hide in a create. Always.

G - Try to change 'the inevitable result of piracy' to mean being doxed and having all your family photos, photo shopped to have all your family replaced with Sandi and Chris.

H - Hack the in game 'Star Marine' to be Line of Defence

I - Offer to run the ship on the late shift when one on else is online, only to then reveal that your are in fact Moma/Toast and you are taking this Bengal Carrier in the name of the late Lesnick.

J - Organize the whole ships crew to all have their personal sprays as part of a larger picture of Kayak and then repaint the whole ship with them.

K - Smuggle aboard a bulldozer and pretend to be Chris Robert and bulldoze all the best Goon ships off the flight deck while smiling and giving the thumbs up.

L - Apply to the Goon council for funds now that we have a Bengal Carrier, to start an official Goon jazz quartet to play "Full Burn" as we fly into battle.

M - Promote the rule that you must always spend your first 10 minutes of play time when you logged in, doing calisthenics on one of the flight deck, a limbered up Goon is a good Goon.

N - On the first hostile engagement after taking control of the ship, get on the intercom and repeatedly yell "SILENT RUNNING, THEY CAN HEAR US, SHUT UP GOONS"

O - Ask the nurse to up your meds because there is no way Star Citizen would be out by 2026 and you have become delusional again.

This 'You are a Goon; What would you do?' Is made possible by your catte tax. Always pay your catte tax - helping make the BDDSSE.

Thank you.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Kosumo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie-2DrRHV4Q

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Get a refund.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

The Titanic posted:

poo poo art warning.

This stuff is great. It fits very well with this thread and I hope you feel like making more.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

:yikes:

Don't worry Derek, I'm voting you for hottest milf

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

The Titanic posted:

poo poo art warning.

will the north ever be free?

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I am making a post, which contains excerpts from a book I am reading, authored by one Ernest Cline, by the name of Armada:

"I closed the Terra Firma client and opened a web browser; then I pulled up Chaos Terrain’s website. I clicked through to their website’s “About Us” page and scanned it. As a longtime CT super fan, I already knew quite a lot about the company’s history. It had been founded back in 2010 by a Bay Area videogame developer named Finn Arbogast, who quit a lucrative job working on the Battlefield series for Electronic Arts to venture out on his own. He founded Chaos Terrain with the lofty goal of “creating the next generation of multiplayer VR games.”

Arbogast had then assembled a dream team of creative consultants and contractors to help make his bold claim a reality, luring some of the videogame industry’s brightest stars away from their own companies and projects, with the sole promise of collaborating on his groundbreaking new MMOs. That was how gaming legends like Chris Roberts, Richard Garriott, Hidetaka Miyazaki, Gabe Newell, and Shigeru Miyamoto had all wound up as consultants on both Terra Firma and Armada —along with several big Hollywood filmmakers, including James Cameron, who had contributed to the EDA’s realistic ship and mech designs, and Peter Jackson, whose Weta Workshop had rendered all of the in-game cinematics.

Chaos Terrain had created its own custom games engine for both Terra Firma and Armada , using many of the same programmers who had worked on previous combat-simulation game series like Battlefield, Call of Duty , and Modern Warfare , and on existing aerial and space combat simulators like Star Citizen, Elite: Dangerous , and EVE Online. This plagiaristic, Frankenstein-like development strategy proved wildly successful."

I feel really uncomfortable with Chris being in the same league as Gabe, James and Peter. Feels like he's really making GBS threads up the place.

Is Ernest Cline a backer? Is this doxxing? Am I an amoral doxxer scum for outing him in this publicly available book he has sold?

All's I know is that for some reason I feel the need to call my mother and tell her I love her because I need her to give me a lift to the city.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

:yikes:

Don't worry Derek, I'm voting you for hottest milf
Sorry but everyone knows the best man I'd like to fund is Chris Roberts.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Kosumo posted:

P - Fill the ship to the ceilings with random objects while everyone is logged off. During next goon-shift, start an easter egg hunt where each goon is randomly assigned an item to find within 5 minutes, or get their breathing privileges revoked for 5 minutes.

Anyone who survives gets to plan the next egg hunt. Those that actually find their items are severely criticised for putting in too much effort into a space video game.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

McGiggins posted:

I feel really uncomfortable with Chris being in the same league as Gabe, James and Peter. Feels like he's really making GBS threads up the place.

Honestly, you should feel more uncomfortable reading an Ernest Cline novel.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Ready Player One was actually pretty good.

That's my personal opinion and everyone who disagrees is clearly wrong.

If you dislike my reading list, perhaps you should suggest some better scifi?

next page of thread should be all about book sci-fi suggestions that are all better than star citizen the game could ever be.

My suggestions are: Everything by Neal Asher.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Doraemon is a pretty good japanese sci-fi

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

Kosumo posted:

The year is 2975 CIG time (2026 our time), Star Citizen has been released for over 18 months now and after it taking a year for the goons to get back in and form an Org, Derek Smart, Citizen, has lead you and his warband to take the first Bengal Carrier for the Org.
Do you -

A - Apply to work on the flight deck, dancing ships into space, only to be reveled to have worse dance moves than Rebecca Black (or a roadkill hedgehog).

B - Start a poll to change the name of the ship from "My July Blog Post" to "Let Me Fucken Finish" only to cheerlead for the later to then turn around and back stab all those who supported the change and call for them to be TubeJetted (the space version of walking the plank where people are jetted out the torpedo tube).

C - Leave the Goon Org to travel the verse alone, looking for the lost pgabz, who was last seen naked space walking into a worm hole only to not come out the other end, some believe due to his edited config files.

D - Apply to work in the Engineering Department only to keep routing all the power away from the Galley whenever the Chief advise that tonight's pizza will have pineapple on it.

E - Constantly stand in front of the pilot, block his view, spamming "Just Ram It" both on voice coms and chat.

F - Hide in a create. Always.

G - Try to change 'the inevitable result of piracy' to mean being doxed and having all your family photos, photo shopped to have all your family replaced with Sandi and Chris.

H - Hack the in game 'Star Marine' to be Line of Defence

I - Offer to run the ship on the late shift when one on else is online, only to then reveal that your are in fact Moma/Toast and you are taking this Bengal Carrier in the name of the late Lesnick.

J - Organize the whole ships crew to all have their personal sprays as part of a larger picture of Kayak and then repaint the whole ship with them.

K - Smuggle aboard a bulldozer and pretend to be Chris Robert and bulldoze all the best Goon ships off the flight deck while smiling and giving the thumbs up.

L - Apply to the Goon council for funds now that we have a Bengal Carrier, to start an official Goon jazz quartet to play "Full Burn" as we fly into battle.

M - Promote the rule that you must always spend your first 10 minutes of play time when you logged in, doing calisthenics on one of the flight deck, a limbered up Goon is a good Goon.

N - On the first hostile engagement after taking control of the ship, get on the intercom and repeatedly yell "SILENT RUNNING, THEY CAN HEAR US, SHUT UP GOONS"

O - Ask the nurse to up your meds because there is no way Star Citizen would be out by 2026 and you have become delusional again.

This 'You are a Goon; What would you do?' Is made possible by your catte tax. Always pay your catte tax - helping make the BDDSSE.

Thank you.

CIG time is 930 years ahead of real - so 2975 CIG would actually be 2045 real. And Star Citizen still won't be out.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

McGiggins posted:

next page of thread should be all about book sci-fi suggestions that are all better than star citizen the game could ever be.

i enjoyed Ready Player One but often it felt like wikipedia lists of "things from the eighties".

as far as scifi goes i strongly recommend The Stars My Destination, Blood Music, and Ubik or anything else by PK Dick

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

McGiggins posted:

It was terrible and you should feel bad.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I cannot disagree with your analysis mr pogs, though I would counter that those wikipedia lists were rather central to the plot, and likely could not be avoided.

A very good point though.

Sillybones posted:

It was terrible and you should feel bad.

This is a good post.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

:vince:

Its a nut house

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Tokamak posted:

Honestly, you should feel more uncomfortable reading an Ernest Cline novel.

I liked his Buckaroo Banzai/World Crime League script... :sigh:

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Pfft $25,000 USD? Get on these people's level?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUNRl3kAATk

:10bux:

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
Cordwainer Smith

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet
Hey, you guys reember the Ouya?

This entire insanity, is pretty much the Ouya on a much grander and more horrible scale, instead of Xboxwhateverthehellhisnamewas, we now have a handful of deranged lunatics defending this trainwreck.

And hey, at least the Ouya was actually released, even if it was total poo poo.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Wonder how that Skarp magic razor's backers are doing?

Well, pretty great I think, all things considered

Hey that reminds me...how are things going over at the Star Citizen KS page...

Last update was 7th April 2013, about getting a crossbow in SC if you backed Shroud of the Avatar.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

alphabettitouretti posted:

Last update was 7th April 2013, about getting a crossbow in SC if you backed Shroud of the Avatar.

So how's that crossbow coming then?

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

MeLKoR posted:

this is why I <3 doxxing
Honestly never change.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
Also, yeah, reminder that Shroud of the Avatar is pretty much equally scummy, though at least it seems "playable" (???????)

Better hurry on that 1600 dollar water lot, there's only 74 remaining before they are sold out, and it's marked down from the original 3200 dollars!

e:

And there's fine print as well...

Erenthal fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Jan 19, 2017

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Erenthal posted:

So how's that crossbow coming then?

They are tossing up weather to pay for the endorsement of Bunny Man for his tennis balls on the edge design or if they just show that picture to Ryan Archer and then get him to then come up with something original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Erenthal posted:

Also, yeah, reminder that Shroud of the Avatar is pretty much equally scummy, though at least it seems "playable" (???????)

Better hurry on that 1600 dollar water lot, there's only 74 remaining before they are sold out, and it's marked down from the original 3200 dollars!

e:

And there's fine print as well...

ho lee cow, no wonder Garriot and Chris are buddy's.
God I miss Tabula Rasa

ee

Crazy_BlackParrot fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Jan 19, 2017