Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Tippis posted:

https://www.hallakonsument.se/angerratt

Their refunds are “voluntary” in much the same sense as it's “voluntary” to visit a bank without robbing it.
What on earth are you reaching at here. A legal judgement compelling refunds has not been made. Therefore all refunds are voluntary. Simple fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

TrustmeImLegit posted:

What on earth are you reaching at here.
No reaching. It's just the law: refunds are mandatory. That's all.

If CIG voluntarily decides to break the law, then they will end up being slapped with a business injunction.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jan 19, 2017

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Tippis posted:

No reaching. It's just the law: refunds are mandatory. That's all.

No it hasn't? Its clear you've made up your mind here.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

SurfaceDetail - your bait is boring and played out now. I'm gonna start probating your if you keep trying to slapfight idiots who take it.

Idiots - Stop taking SurfaceDetail's bait. I'm going to start probating you for doing it.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Beet Wagon posted:

SurfaceDetail - your bait is boring and played out now. I'm gonna start probating your if you keep trying to slapfight idiots who take it.

Idiots - Stop taking SurfaceDetail's bait. I'm going to start probating you for doing it.

I will transform myself for you Mr. Wagon.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Beet Wagon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOs4vsthLD0

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Instead lets laugh at this fan trailer that focuses on buying pants for your spaceman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNK2jiuWjrE

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Beet Wagon posted:

https://i.imgur.com/L4bEQju.mp4

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Will they ever make space pants in Ben's size so that he can finally realize his dream of being a Wing Commando?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

It's really true. I started writing a post making fun of a guy on reddit who posted "Star Citizen Gives Me Something My Life Can't" and then I realized it was because he has a horrible disease that means he basically can't go outside and instead of jumping on it I just felt really really bad.

When this game collapses that dude is going to experience disappointment the likes of which I couldn't even comprehend.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Will they ever make space pants in Ben's size so that he can finally realize his dream of being a Wing Commando?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5own6k/what_about_a_community_show_building_a_star/

:allears:

Edit:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Beet Wagon posted:

It's really true. I started writing a post making fun of a guy on reddit who posted "Star Citizen Gives Me Something My Life Can't" and then I realized it was because he has a horrible disease that means he basically can't go outside and instead of jumping on it I just felt really really bad.

When this game collapses that dude is going to experience disappointment the likes of which I couldn't even comprehend.

That reminds me, I need to rewatch Strange Days.

Is it just me, or do the folds of that thing make it look like some kind of unusually airy straitjacket?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
If Chewie and his Squirrel win against the Nazis, will they be able to help Han Solo fight the giant weasel people?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Duckforceone posted:

Seeking Online Life Partner

Cute and fun bearded geek, seeks lady with an amazing voice.

Having grown tired of being alone in this world, with no one to have my back, i have decided to seek online for someone who will either heal me or tank for me.

You must be into MMORPG's. Bonus if you have played Everquest.
You must also be really into Star Citizen, so we can spend years together exploring this universe.
I am a carebear at heart, so if you are a crafter or explorer, that would make us an even better match. Unless of course you want to grief those that tries to grief me....
Must like long vacations on airless planetoids.

When i was young, i dreamed of a wife, house, kids and a car.

Now i just dream of owning a Starfarer and saving up for an Idris.

Who cares what we do in the normal life, but quickly mentioned is that i am an officer in the national guard, like roleplaying games, and i'm an instructor and teacher.

Please apply below with MMO resume.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tippis posted:

Is it just me, or do the folds of that thing make it look like some kind of unusually airy straitjacket?

A little bit, yeah. The walleyed tiger mask under that paper mache monstrosity definitely helps lend an air of "breathless insanity" to the whole thing.

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.
IT'S... THE WALL OF CROBBLER!

(thanks SirPenguin for the gif, although I squared it up)

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

gently caress you, Chris Roberts! You piece of poo poo motherfucker, I hope you choke on a caviar hors-d'oeuvre in the middle of the Atlantic.

e: f;b

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jan 19, 2017

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

GazChap posted:

lmao what the actual gently caress

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

GazChap posted:

I don't know exactly what my browser is infected with after that, but I estimate that burning down the house should be a sufficient first remedy.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

GazChap posted:

:gary:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

Bum. The waning days of western civilisation and we can't celebrate Obama's legacy with just the tiniest hint of scrotum?

What a time to be alive. It's like my grandparents never won the war, and my parents didn't vote to liberate England from the scourge of curiously shaped bread and garlic. These years of resisting the pernicious spread of game-based Ponzi schemes, gone, like dust in a particularly stiff breeze.

This is how it all ends, with not a bang, but a parp.

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.
Just seen Lethality's tweet about player-built stations supposedly coming in 3.0 or soon after.

They can never allow players to build their own stations, not only because the 100 1 systems that they have in the game would get filled up quicker than Ben's stomach, but because the dedicated citizens of the 'verse would make stations that are a gazillion times better than anything CIG have come out with - and probably a gazillion times quicker too.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

GazChap posted:

Just seen Lethality's tweet about player-built stations supposedly coming in 3.0 or soon after.

They can never allow players to build their own stations, not only because the 100 1 systems that they have in the game would get filled up quicker than Ben's stomach, but because the dedicated citizens of the 'verse would make stations that are a gazillion times better than anything CIG have come out with - and probably a gazillion times quicker too.

I think it's fair to say they're not worried about that eventuality anyway, because if it's anything like the rest of their work the entire system will get "implemented" and attempting to put one part against another will cause the entire structure to begin wildly vibrating before launching off in a random direction, killing the player regardless of where they were floating at the time.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hav posted:

Bum. The waning days of western civilisation and we can't celebrate Obama's legacy with just the tiniest hint of scrotum?

What a time to be alive. It's like my grandparents never won the war, and my parents didn't vote to liberate England from the scourge of curiously shaped bread and garlic. These years of resisting the pernicious spread of game-based Ponzi schemes, gone, like dust in a particularly stiff breeze.

This is how it all ends, with not a bang, but a parp.

As is customary with this thread, there's already a terrible photoshop for that lmao

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

Who cares what we do in the normal life, but quickly mentioned is that i am an officer in the national guard, like roleplaying games, and i'm an instructor and teacher.

Edit: ^^ TS Eliot. I'm dead classy, me.

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I think it's fair to say they're not worried about that eventuality anyway, because if it's anything like the rest of their work the entire system will get "implemented" and attempting to put one part against another will cause the entire structure to begin wildly vibrating before launching off in a random direction, killing the player regardless of where they were floating at the time.

Perhaps CIG can be pioneers of stations that turn into giant cannons that fire players like a rocket into the sun.

The player would, of course, survive the trip and be forced to live on the sun. Making them a literal star citizen.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

MeLKoR posted:

gently caress you, Chris Roberts! You piece of poo poo motherfucker, I hope you choke on a caviar hors-d'oeuvre in the middle of the Atlantic.

e: f;b

Is this guy playing the same SC I'm playing? Because SC has none of these things.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

SurfaceDetail is easier to spot than Jon Pop and you guys are still getting baited.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Eldragon posted:

Is this guy playing the same SC I'm playing? Because SC has none of these things.

https://i.imgur.com/V3KptA8.gifv

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

TrustmeImLegit posted:

The door is always open to come back. Several people in this very thread of all places have had time to reflect and rationally analyze the situation and re pledged to CIG to the tune of 4 figures.

Of all the bullshit you dribble out, I hope this is the true one.

Beet Wagon posted:

Oh, shi-

Sillybones fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jan 19, 2017

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

He's certainly testes my patience :tipshat:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Meridian posted:

SurfaceDetail is easier to spot than Jon Pop and you guys are still getting baited.

Tell me more about 'bating, senpai.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
The craziest thing about those talks is in the discussion threads they'll legit discuss those "ideas". Its mental, nothing was said.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Meridian posted:

Its intentionally not difficult. I even regged as AssRapistDude420 FFS and people argued with me for pages about how SC is actually bad.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Although like the creationist William Jennings Bryan I think I actually won several of these debates.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
At least you dropped that first gimmick like I asked.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Sillybones posted:

At least you dropped that first gimmick like I asked.

I honestly didn't know what you are talking about but I'm glad I made you happy.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Its intentionally not difficult. I even regged as AssRapistDude420 FFS and people argued with me for pages about how SC is actually bad.

Obsessive compulsive disorder is a hell of a thing. Tippis <glare>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
But seriously, why don't you ban him straight away? Afraid he'll stop reging if it's too quick? Got a finger in that little :10bux: pie? Oink Oink.