Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
The javelin will be good if it gets some quirks, but really bad if they give it a quirk loadout like the archer. The 6M one will be really good for trashing people's butts with SRM2s, the 4M one will do okay in the same task, the ECM one will be good for people who are bad at piloting lights and are also bad at jump jets, and the hero is pretty pointless when the other ones exist.

It is a humanoid which will make it cheetah/spider sized, but it won't suffer from toilet syndrome that the jenners have that make them instantly detonate from CT death when someone vaguely shoots in their direction.

It'll be worth having when they come out for cbills, but not so much to pay money for unless they give them absurd fuckoff quirks that destroy the game balance via 30 tonner death machine.

Commoners fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jan 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Cease to Hope posted:

You already have the Commando.

(The Firebee is an intentionally bad "throwback" mech, for anyone who doesn't know.)

Yeah but the Firebee looks cooler and it's heavier than a Commando.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
I wanna go full-bad and get the Firemoth (I don't know anything about tabletop, I just assume it's bad because it's a clan light).

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

The Repo Man posted:

I wanna go full-bad and get the Firemoth (I don't know anything about tabletop, I just assume it's bad because it's a clan light).

Firemoths are rad gotta go fast speeder robutts so they would actually be a cool and unique addition to the game with a good variety of builds with all the omni pods.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Azuth0667 posted:

Also apparently I am now an "enemy of Merc Star" or whatever that means.

-MS- are very dumb and very bad players who are often angry mech dads who can't take a joke. back before CW was completely dead, the boys and i used to roll over them effortlessly and the best they could come up with was "we just needed to tie you up for a few minutes. you can't beat the rest of our ghost drops :smug:"

you deserve a medal for making them very mad, is what i'm getting at here

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

The Firemoth would probably be pretty good in MWO to be honest. It would go 174 with speed tweak, slightly faster than the Locust, but it also has MASC, which would let it do 191 (and thus why it is not in the game). It would do what the Pirate's Bane does but with clan weapons, on arms that are way way high above the mech.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Luceid posted:

-MS- are very dumb and very bad players who are often angry mech dads who can't take a joke. back before CW was completely dead, the boys and i used to roll over them effortlessly and the best they could come up with was "we just needed to tie you up for a few minutes. you can't beat the rest of our ghost drops :smug:"

you deserve a medal for making them very mad, is what i'm getting at here

I thought that was PL

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Pattonesque posted:

I thought that was PL

Probably was PL as -MS- is/was comprised of like ten separate groups under one umbrella.

PL were/are awful at every aspect of MWO.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Remember the Blackburn Rovers lol, do they still play or did they give up alongside everyone else?

Zyphoid
Mar 5, 2015

This. This is why you will buy this mech. PUNK PURPLE.

Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Skoll posted:

Probably was PL as -MS- is/was comprised of like ten separate groups under one umbrella.

PL were/are awful at every aspect of MWO.

they were very good at losing so badly that PGI had to turn dropships into flying laser batteries to keep them from being bowled over in under 5 minutes so i guess they won the war, in the end

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Zyphoid posted:

This. This is why you will buy this mech. PUNK PURPLE.

Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

The mech looks like write-off garbage but I'm probably going to buy the cheapest pack just for the pre order bonus.

Punk purple :allears:

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Wow it took em long enough to add our traditional color.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

mastered my locust finally

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
I want the flea

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

They should make the Stinger because it's the anime light mech so all the weeaboos would buy it.

Then complain bitterly when trying to be an anime hero doesn't work so good.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

mastered my locust finally

Cheers. Anyone be down for locust shenanigans saturday night? 12 man locust swams around a couple kodiaks or atlii?

be on around 5ish pacific time

Willfrey fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Jan 19, 2017

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Locust Ops for post-inauguration day.

Willfrey posted:

be on around 8ish eastern time

Fixed for normal people time.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

If you want a 30 day of premium time, it doesn't seem like a light pack purchase is a bad one at all to get though. Thirty days of time costs $12. You're essentially getting three light mechs for a buck a piece, which is good for this bad game.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

And purple pink dye for your digital camo or whatever you prefer using.

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012

Pattonesque posted:

also the new robbit is the Javelin

https://mwomercs.com/javelin

Those colors though :swoon:!

Can relive the glory days of CGA graphix!!!!

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Plus the colors and cbills, it's not terrible

IMO it should be half that since it's a dying bad game but whatever!

That's my opinion about everything in this game htough

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
I'm going to get this for the decals. Already got the marik purple or whatever the existing pink color is. $15 for 6,5m c-bills, 30-days of premium, logos, colors and 3 mechbays is a good deal.

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
I like how this javelin looks all weirdly lumpy like someone who lost a bunch of weight; TT being the fat one while the MWO being the skinny goon who still has all that extra skin.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

DeepThrobble posted:

Some reworkings like the Cent I can get behind, but that torso is... not the flat, front-heavy hexagon I'm used to. Maybe if they extruded the missiles out in a more horizontal... oh wait, :pgi: .
Better luck next time with the Mongoose or Hussar, I guess?

You say that like they're going to keep making light mechs when this one doesn't sell at all. I gotta say I'm happy with the price drop and it seems almost worth it for all the extra poo poo that comes with it, but I promised not to spend any more money on this dumb dead game (after the Bushwacker anyway) and I already have pink and purple paint so eh....

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

You say that like they're going to keep making light mechs when this one doesn't sell at all. I gotta say I'm happy with the price drop and it seems almost worth it for all the extra poo poo that comes with it, but I promised not to spend any more money on this dumb dead game (after the Bushwacker anyway) and I already have pink and purple paint so eh....

Save money on MWO by spending your disposable income on gun stuff. You get the good feeling of not giving :pgi: money mixed in with the great feeling of shooting firearms. :patriot:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Skoll posted:

Save money on MWO by spending your disposable income on gun stuff. You get the good feeling of not giving :pgi: money mixed in with the great feeling of shooting firearms. :patriot:

This should probably be at the top of the OP imo.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Aw yiss, new light mech. I have a reason to log into the game in six months.

Beet Wagon posted:

This should probably be at the top of the OP imo.

done

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

While you're doing that,

Pattonesque posted:

Dad takes the kids for a walk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdQgTCKISyI

ALSO worth remembering: Kazvall gives a pubbie a conniption
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujg_IdvOf8Y

That video/post should be preserved for posteriority in the op as well.

Magwai
Aug 16, 2002
Snail Priest

Major Spag posted:

Those colors though :swoon:!

Can relive the glory days of CGA graphix!!!!

My Warhammer is already pretty CGA-riffic, but that Pink could add a little something to it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Something occurred to me last night. IF they are making it so that you only need 1 mech to fully skill up, how is this going to affect the pricing of omnimechs, since now there is literally no reason to buy 3 mechs every time they release a new variant. Or am I thinking farther along than this game is still going to be around?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

My take on it is that they are trying to push exp rather than c-bills as the grind that you have to get through. There have been all sorts of napkin math and conjectures on what the exp requirements are going to be like to max out a mech chassis, but it's a safe bet it's going to be a lot more than they are now. My guess is that they want people buying MC to transfer mech XP to GXP.

This is supported by the fact that they've already said that re-speccing a mech's skills will trash all that XP unless you pay MC to save it.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Unrelatedly, it looks like the stock javelins will have 8 tons stock, but like the ecm spider, all the beefier variants cap out at a 255.

After some ballparking on smurphy...
tis going to cost you ~2.5~ tons to max out the armor from 128 to 210 (shaving 2 pts bit off the head)
Endo will get you 1.5 more.
up to 3 can be saved by removing jumpjets.
Ferro can give you half a ton to a ton(shaving head to 5) - if you can stomach the crit space hit, but will likely not be used all that often.
Each arm is worth approximately a half ton if stripped.

Weightwise, the 180+3 sinks comes out to 12 tons, an xl 255 at 12.5, and an xl280 for the faster variants at 15(14+1 enginesink)

So basically, throwing on endo and a huge xl, you're looking at 9 tons for guns, 12 w/0 jumpjets, 12.5-13 with ferro.
Keeping the xl 180-190 (from, say, an urbie or a locust is +3.5/4 tons, accounting for sinks)

I don't think its going to be awful, but I think the 11b is going to be the new oxide. 255, max armor, ecm, srm4's + 2.5 tons of ammo fits real snug.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I'll be curious to see if anyone comes up with interesting builds for the 7 Energy variant. Flamer or SPL boat seems likely.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Metamechs guy on the Javelin -- he thinks the best variants will be Tier 2ish

http://www.nogutsnogalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=4301.msg25391#msg25391

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Pattonesque posted:

Metamechs guy on the Javelin -- he thinks the best variants will be Tier 2ish

http://www.nogutsnogalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=4301.msg25391#msg25391

So he's basically pointing out the obvious of what people in this thread have already said.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Skoll posted:

That's my plan this weekend!

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
No reason to have arm armor when it doesn't have anything in them, so most of the variants will be saving tonnage by doing that. IMO the three good variants are pretty drat close to being an ideal 30 ton mech.

I'd say it'll honestly be probably the second best light for the IS, but comparing any of the lights to the locust is kind of unfair with how good that little poo poo is. IMO the locust's performance profile is kind of the baseline that all the lights should be hovering around.

Commoners fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jan 20, 2017

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
I always find the modpud references old, considering modpud was banned for using Helios, not aim botting. Both constitute cheating, mind you, but aim botting is a lot more heinous than seeing through walls imo. Either way, the joke is old, seems the only people who bring it up are scrub shitlords like GIRL and WoL, who are ironically from the same retarded ilk anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
3 kills and 600 damage in a huggin, 200 point lead and 3 kill advantage on conquest. this is not enough to ensure pubbie victory.

round up everyone who plays this game and put them in gas chambers :hitler:

• Locked thread