Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
New Orleans sold out. Atlanta is sitting at "all tickets are currently reserved"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Yeah, mine says "All tickets are currently reserved. More may become available if they are released"

So that 7 minutes that it took me to find the mail in my spambox was the dealbreaker :(

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Yeah, mine says "All tickets are currently reserved. More may become available if they are released"

So that 7 minutes that it took me to find the mail in my spambox was the dealbreaker :(

It wasn't. I was on at 11:00 on the dot and didn't get through.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

How are you guys able to see what events are sold out and such?

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

i sat in the new orleans queue for about 5 minutes at "welcome to the virtual queue" before it updated to "all tickets have been sold"

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

They probably got to the actual sales page. I didn't even get that far.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

I got in queue maybe 1-30 seconds after it switched over and still got shut out.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

That is some crazy internet juju

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Yup, sold.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
I think the WASTE presale may be limited to couple sections or so in each venue. Be ready to try again in 23 hours.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Maybe if I'd spammed refresh

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Real Name Grover posted:

I think the WASTE presale may be limited to couple sections or so in each venue. Be ready to try again in 23 hours.

It looks like GA only which I'm not that sad about missing.

Feast of Burden
Oct 9, 2008

WARNING: may cause indigestion and severe heartburn
Got 'em for Miami! So hyped!!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Good job goons, this is some esoteric stress!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
So the tickets would be for the pit, essentially? Standing up the whole concert? In that case, I'm fine not getting them. I'm too old to stand up for two hours surrounded by sweaty weirdos.

I'll wait for tomorrow and try to get some sitting tickets.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

resident posted:

It looks like GA only which I'm not that sad about missing.

I had the option for that or one of two 100-level sections.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
You might say I'm not optimistic about my chance of getting tickets tomorrow! :)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Rollersnake posted:

You might say I'm not optimistic about my chance of getting tickets tomorrow! :)
How To Disappear Completely: By not going to a Radiohead show I have no chance of getting tickets for

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

How To Disappear Completely: By not going to a Radiohead show I have no chance of getting tickets for

I've somehow managed to go 4 for 4 on Radiohead tickets over the past 12 years. I was even successful for the 2011 Roseland Ballroom show. I'm due for failure :smith:

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Don't sulk, goons. I guess I was just lucky. I am (present tense) daydreaming (nice dream) that it will be another great show. I might be wrong, but I doubt I'll be let down.

Little by little, April 5 will get here. All I need is patience.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Sailor Rich Man Poor Man Beggar Man Thief.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Real Name Grover posted:

Tinker Tailor Soldier Sailor Rich Goon Poor Goon Beggar Goon Thief.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner
Yeah the queue sucks but after buying WASTE tix to their In Rainbows tour it's better than the entire site falling over on itself. The only reason I got tickets for that tour was I figured out the purchase URL and got them in the 30 seconds between when they went on sale and when the landing page was updated.

And yeah it sucks to have to wait in a queue and be given a random spot in line when the presale starts, but TBH you have just as good a chance of getting them by being one of a thousand people hammering the "add to cart" button :f5:

Full disclosure I work in the ticketing industry and while the queues suck they're basically here to stay, because even if you throw a ton of servers at a platform no amount of load balancing or cloud services is going to protect you against thousands and thousands of people trying to buy the same thing.

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
Will be on a flight without wifi when tickets go on general sale. Here's to them adding more tour dates in the near future.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Tortilla Maker posted:

Will be on a flight without wifi when tickets go on general sale. Here's to them adding more tour dates in the near future.

Can't get a friend to try to get 'em for you? I thought I was going to be in a meeting when they went up, so I asked my wife. Radiohead concerts are a serious matter, sir/madam! Don't give up because of a minor issue like "being in the sky in an iron bird" :colbert:

edit: Got 'em. It was a little stressful for a second there. Goddamn, these a pricy tickets, especially for nosebleed seats.

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jan 20, 2017

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

2 lower levels for Atlanta secured. no alarms, no surprises.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I first saw Radiohead on the In Rainbows tour, and have seen them for King of Limbs tour as well. They didn't play Jigsaw in either concert. Is it a song they rarely play? I'm really hoping to hear it live at least once.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
How much were tix through today's sale?

After fees, I paid $95 yesterday. I would pay much more for Radiohead, though.

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

Reinanigans posted:

I first saw Radiohead on the In Rainbows tour, and have seen them for King of Limbs tour as well. They didn't play Jigsaw in either concert. Is it a song they rarely play? I'm really hoping to hear it live at least once.

http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/radiohead-bd6bd12.html?song=Jigsaw+Falling+Into+Place

I guess it was last played in 2014

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Real Name Grover posted:

How much were tix through today's sale?

After fees, I paid $95 yesterday. I would pay much more for Radiohead, though.

$85 per ticket after fees. I'm not happy about it...but I also know I would pay more.

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
When I saw them in 2003 it was $40 after fees and you could still buy them weeks after going on sale. Also, I am 63 years old.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Couldn't remember what I paid for the 2012 tour. Something in the 60s or 70s, I think.

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
Yessssssssssssss I got 2 tickets to New Orleans. $76.50 each with fees.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Got my Kansas City tickets. In not as nice seats as I would have liked, but at least I got them.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Snagged for PDX, $82.35 per

resident
Dec 22, 2005

I hosed up and only searched for 2 for Seattle, and ended up getting shut out after changing to 4. Luckily my wife pulled through and got some nose bleeds.

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Never give an inch! Hnnnghhhhhh!
I failed the Seattle rush. Since there's no resale market are people able to return their tickets to ticketmaster if they end up not being able to go?

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
At the end of 2+2=5 here does Thom say "Donald Trump"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rz69YmzqQM&t=1146s

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
I think that's a yes

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Check again; setlist.fm puts covers of the song into song tallies as well. Looks like the actual last time it was played was Reading 2009:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radiohead/2009/little-johns-farm-reading-england-23d4acab.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

NuclearPotato posted:

Check again; setlist.fm puts covers of the song into song tallies as well. Looks like the actual last time it was played was Reading 2009:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radiohead/2009/little-johns-farm-reading-england-23d4acab.html

Oh poo poo. I didn't realize. So they haven't played it since 2009. Not looking too good for Reinanigans.