Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

King has literally stared supervillains to death, he's a legit hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

Ironically this convo would end if people would stop posting how much they don't care.

Crazy how nature do dat.

Rodyle posted:

King has literally stared supervillains to death, he's a legit hero.

Who? I remember that lizard pervert surrendering but who died?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

When you think about it, King is really the (second*) bravest hero. Even when he is aware he is in mortal danger, he keeps his cool and figures out the right things to say and do.

*common rider is 1st of course

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Licenseless and KING are true heroes in spirit.
And also ability.
And appearance.

It's a nice contrast to the likes of Tatsumaki who is crazy powerful but has a lovely attitude but is also a good person, or Sweet Mask who is also really powerful and has a lovely attitude but is not an especially good person.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Licenseless and KING are true heroes in spirit.
And also ability.
And appearance.

It's a nice contrast to the likes of Tatsumaki who is crazy powerful but has a lovely attitude but is also a good person, or Sweet Mask who is also really powerful and has a lovely attitude but is not an especially good person.

I don't think Tatsu is really that good a person. She's certainly an asset to the world because she's always on the job and very effective at saving people and everything, but she also has a hell of a lot of issues and can be kinda horrible honestly. Not quite a bad person though.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

To Tatsumaki's (limited) credit, she does flip out when she thinks that her and Saitama's fight has got civilians caught up in it.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I think Genos is a legit hero. Yeah he gets his head handed to him all the time and he's repaired just as easily so it's not easy to get that soaring feeling in your heart when he steps up like it does for Mumen Rider and he's only really motivated by revenge so that's not interesting, but man the guy steps the gently caress up and tries all the time. which is way more than can be said for other S Class heroes. I honestly think Genos coulda beaten the Sea King, cause yo he was loving working that dude out, but he just had to be my perfect boy and he took that acid spit for the girl, and helped win the day along side Mumen Rider. He even helped out King and took out that G4 robot that wanted to kill him. I even kinda remember him being able to keep up with Garou but he was part of an ambush with Bang and his brother so whatever.

also the anime made Genos constantly look like the coolest motherfucker ever, genos rules

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jan 19, 2017

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I don't think Tatsu is really that good a person. She's certainly an asset to the world because she's always on the job and very effective at saving people and everything, but she also has a hell of a lot of issues and can be kinda horrible honestly. Not quite a bad person though.

I really like Tatsumaki's character because she has a surprising amount of layers. At first she just appears to be yet another incredibly overconfident and haughty hero. Then we see that not only is it very much deserved, but that she also still takes her job very seriously. And even if it is more out of pride than anything, we see she does care about the welfare of the civilians with that car scene during her fight with Saitama. But then, even if she's a good hero, she's still overall kind of a lovely person due to how she treats Fubuki. All that characterization for someone who is a support character in a primarily comedy manga. ONE is such a good writer.

Moltrey posted:

I think Genos is a legit hero. Yeah he gets his head handed to him all the time and he's repaired just as easily so it's not easy to get that soaring feeling in your heart when he steps up like it does for Mumen Rider and he's only really motivated by revenge so that's not interesting, but man the guy steps the gently caress up and tries all the time. which is way more than can be said for other S Class heroes. I honestly think Genos coulda beaten the Sea King, cause yo he was loving working that dude out, but he just had to be my perfect boy and he took that acid spit for the girl, and helped win the day along side Mumen Rider. He even helped out King and took out that G4 robot that wanted to kill him. I even kinda remember him being able to keep up with Garou but he was part of an ambush with Bang and his brother so whatever.

also the anime made Genos constantly look like the coolest motherfucker ever, genos rules

Genos is literally the typical hero/point of view character that you'd have were this an actual serious fightmans manga.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Tatsumaki's gruff and flawed but she's got ethics.

Genos was always a generally decent-enough sort and while his tutelage under Saitama seems futile wrt his original intent of becoming stronger, the lessons he's learned from Saitama have made him a better person and that's what's really important. He went from a guy who carelessly almost blew up a bystander (who thankfully was Saitama himself) to someone who was willing to take a potentially-mortal blow to save a life.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Did you guys miss when Tatsumaki was about to kill all of Fubuki's group because they were weak/a bad influence?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

RatHat posted:

Did you guys miss when Tatsumaki was about to kill all of Fubuki's group because they were weak/a bad influence?

That's one of her flaws.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

RatHat posted:

Yeah, it's pretty interesting because the reason she acts like that is seemingly due to an overly literal interpretation of what Blast told her the day he saved her life. And that same outlook kinda explains just the way she acts entirely, both the good and the bad. Tatsumaki's a surprisingly intriguing character, I want her to show up more often.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Blast saved her life? Did they reveal Blast?

Gotta get in on that chapter stat

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Parrotine posted:

Blast saved her life? Did they reveal Blast?

Gotta get in on that chapter stat

http://bato.to/reader#6242907fb00fc847

He's only in like one page, but yeah he showed up.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I still can't believe we've actually seen Blast.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Xarbala posted:

Genos was always a generally decent-enough sort and while his tutelage under Saitama seems futile wrt his original intent of becoming stronger, the lessons he's learned from Saitama have made him a better person and that's what's really important. He went from a guy who carelessly almost blew up a bystander (who thankfully was Saitama himself) to someone who was willing to take a potentially-mortal blow to save a life.
hey that's not true, he scanned the area for life before fire nuking the city, Saitama just happened to run into the blast zone chasing the mosquito. being with Saitama has really just taught Genos how to be more chill, and he's still not very good at that.

There were a lot of cool Genos threads after the Boros arc with like, Sweet Mask, Metal Knight and even Drive Knight, but that's been swept real far under the rug after like a million things happened

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jan 20, 2017

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Xarbala posted:

I still can't believe we've actually seen Blast.

Saitama probably already killed him tbh

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Blast is Saitama's long-lost hair possessing some poor jerk

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Shugojin posted:

Blast is Saitama's long-lost hair possessing some poor jerk

That traveled back in time like 17 years?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Last Celebration posted:

That traveled back in time like 17 years?

I believe that Saitama can punch a hole in time and space if he wanted to.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The neat thing about Genos is that despite being all about REVENGE and KILL ALL MONSTERS, when forced to choose between REVENGE and SACRIFICE SELF TO SAVE OTHERS, Genos always goes for the latter. He decides to try and take down Mosquito Girl with him, and risks his life to save that little girl. He places the safety of other people above himself and his goal, I think, instinctively.

So it'd be neat to see what happens when he finally gets the chance for his revenge, and how everything will play out.

Sure, he can be a jerk who doesn't show people besides Saitama and the doctor who saved him respect, but to be fair, the dude had some serious trauma.

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

RatHat posted:

I don't think she was going to kill them. She was trying to scare them away from associating with Fubuki. It's Tatsumaki's hosed up way of protecting her sister.

To Tatsumaki, Fubuki is weak. And being surrounded by weaklings means she's going to stay weak and it's just a matter of time before they encounter a monster that they misjudge and wipes them all out.

Tatsumaki is worried Fubuki is going to get killed.. That's why she shows up whenever Fubuki is in trouble and it's why she hates Fubuki's friends.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Moltrey posted:

hey that's not true, he scanned the area for life before fire nuking the city, Saitama just happened to run into the blast zone chasing the mosquito. being with Saitama has really just taught Genos how to be more chill, and he's still not very good at that.

There were a lot of cool Genos threads after the Boros arc with like, Sweet Mask, Metal Knight and even Drive Knight, but that's been swept real far under the rug after like a million things happened

Fair, I may not be giving Genos enough credit. But the dude was a lot rougher around the edges early on and he mellowed out as time went on and I think Saitama's a good influence on the guy.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
wow, those were pretty unreasonable probations IMO.

Also wtf does this mean; I've heard people say that semi-regular pacing of updates is over?

https://twitter.com/ONE_rakugaki/status/821831492657500160

Auto-translate is unhelpful:

"Is the occasional updates from 109 story updated: maintains the pace as much as possible to"

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Updated chapter 109.
From the next chapter irregular updates.
I'll try and keep the pace up as much as possible.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Fabricated posted:

wow, those were pretty unreasonable probations IMO.

Also wtf does this mean; I've heard people say that semi-regular pacing of updates is over?

https://twitter.com/ONE_rakugaki/status/821831492657500160

Auto-translate is unhelpful:

"Is the occasional updates from 109 story updated: maintains the pace as much as possible to"

I've eaten 3-days for less, he'll live.

I am hoping ONE does keep updating regularly now that it looks like MP100 is on the verge of wrapping up.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I keep seeing people say that Mob Psycho is reaching its conclusion but is there actually anything to that beyond people theorising that the recent Dimple/Broccoli arc was just tying off a loose end?

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012
There's also the fact that the series has adapted an odd chapter numbering scheme seemingly for the sole purpose of delaying hitting chapter 100. That combined with recent events in the manga (plus the apparent upcoming graduation) seems to suggest that it's nearing its conclusion.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I mean ONE could surprise everyone by continuing on past chapter 100 but it definitely looks like he's building up to a finale. And yeah, seconding the theory that he's been drawing out chapter numbers by decimals just to make sure he ends things on that special, titular number.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I wasn't buying into the finale talk until last chapter with the graduation talk, that seems like a decent point and Mob's grown a lot.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
hope we get a reigen series next

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I wasn't buying into the finale talk until last chapter with the graduation talk, that seems like a decent point and Mob's grown a lot.

The graduation isn't for Mob though right? Tome's a year older than him isn't she?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
It's still the end of the school year.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I read the part where Blast is shown.

Wouldnt it be hilarious if ONE pulled a Tyler Durden and revealed that Blast is just Saitama's split personality during his sleeping hours, blissfully unaware of it all

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
Blast is Saitama's hair coming back and possessing his body while he's asleep.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
why can't Blast just be Saitama in the past? was that definitely confirmed not to be the case? Like that scene happened awhile ago didn't it, it's entirely possible it happened before Saitama finished losing his hair

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Stallion Cabana posted:

why can't Blast just be Saitama in the past? was that definitely confirmed not to be the case? Like that scene happened awhile ago didn't it, it's entirely possible it happened before Saitama finished losing his hair

I think because Blast said he had a regular job at the time. Saitama started his hero training after losing his salaryman job, so he's been a freeter for as long as he's been strong.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Stallion Cabana posted:

Blast saved Tatsumaki 18 years ago. Saitama would've been like 8 years old.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Stallion Cabana posted:

that joke already happened with king

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Kild posted:

Blast saved Tatsumaki 18 years ago. Saitama would've been like 8 years old.

That's a good question, how old is Saitama? I was thinking late 20s