Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Ytlaya posted:

How does the story compare with Extra or Extra/CCC?

It's better than Extra (it's really not hard to be), but worse than CCC if you're looking for a solid narrative. If you're there for jokes and to read Nasu write sci-fi, though, you'll love it.

Seriously, if I were to describe Extella in one image it would be:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

BlitzBlast posted:

Yep. Nero considers Liz a rival in the realm of spotlight whoring, while IIRC Caster sorta sympathizes with Liz's situation but also thinks she's really dumb.

Don't know how EMIYA feels about her, though.

Tamamo bullies the poo poo out of Liz, truly worst boss and waifu.

I'd assume emiya's opinion is like robin's, since the meme is the two are super similar in personality.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Extella (and its hypothetical preceding Fate/Extra route) is one long story of Tamamo getting owned by the way.

This Nero favoritism is bullshit. :negative:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean Tamamo's kind of a shithead so I'm willing to accept it even though I like her too

It seems it falls upon me to do the Emiya stuff in CCC after I finish the Gilgamesh playthrough

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah, Tamamo's my least favorite Extra character. And pretty low generally.

I can't wait to get to the Altera story though. I just hate that so much stuff is coming out to distract me from this.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Captain Baal posted:

The game actually has a pretty dense amount of plot and terminology as would be expected of a Fate game at this point. It also requires you know poo poo about Extra and CCC if you wanna know what the deal was with certain characters here and there. It favors gameplay of course but there's a significant amount of cutscenes and dialogue.

That's good enough for me. Though it'll be another couple months before I can get it, since I don't have a PS4 yet.

I'm happy this F/GO event drops pages, because I need a bunch for Waver and Merlin's skills (and those skills benefit significantly from being upgraded).

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Yeah, Tamamo's my least favorite Extra character. And pretty low generally.

I always knew you had awful taste. <:mad:>

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

It's okay BB, I still love you.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Wait a second. BlizBlast = BB...it all makes sense.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
More like Tamamo no Way, because there's no way any sane person would think Tamamo was good when Liz exists

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Translation wise, it looks like Extella is about what everyone expected: pretty good overall, but a lot of tiny lore-related details got messed up because the translators aren't Fate supernerd enough to get them.

Changing Sefar to Sephyr was pretty bad though.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Freak Futanari posted:

More like Tamamo no Way, because there's no way any sane person would think Tamamo was good when Liz exists

Liz is terrible, as befit a character drawn to please pedophiles. I hate her.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I know literally nothing about the Fate series at all, will this hamper my enjoyment of Extella?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I just finished the first route, and made my way to the first My Room point of the second.

This is gonna be really really painful, I can feel it.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Furnaceface posted:

I know literally nothing about the Fate series at all, will this hamper my enjoyment of Extella?

I can't think of a reason to play it if you're not already a fan of the characters.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

BlitzBlast posted:

I can't think of a reason to play it if you're not already a fan of the characters.

I like flashy beat em up games. :shrug:

Does knowing the characters add more to it or is everything there relying on you knowing the details?

e: Actually I should also ask if this would be a good introduction game then.

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jan 20, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

I like flashy beat em up games. :shrug:

Does knowing the characters add more to it or is everything there relying on you knowing the details?

The plot is probably just as absurd whether you're familiar with the Fate series or not. As musou games go, it is competent but unremarkable. The real question is how much you want to hold hands with red Saber.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

One thing about type moon stories is their absurdly :spergin: level world building made pretty much so the protagonist can look cool breaking some rule of the universe. Also Nasu's humanist philosophy.

Plus moe.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Also Cu Chulainn is your bro/husband across the whole franchise

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

MonsieurChoc posted:

I think you might be confusing her with the actual pedobait characters.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

Hmmm, you're right. I've redesigned her to fall more in line with the Goon Standard for good/bad

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Kyte posted:

I think you might be confusing her with the actual pedobait characters.

The fact that there are worse designs (like Jack) doesn't make Eliza good. Her brave outfit from FGO is especially terrible.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Her Brave outfit is great and her design is fun, like what are you even complaining about she's not even designed for the people someone like Jack is designed for.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Please do not insult the servant world's top idol Liz, she is doing her best.

It's okay to admit you prefer her grown up dominatrix version if that's more your speed

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
stop getting mad about dumb poo poo you nerds

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also I started Tamamo's stuff today and she and Karna feel a bit lacking in comparison to Nero and Nameless but that may just be coming off of characters I had levelled a lot with almost all of their skills and having to work my way back up.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

She's got one of the best Noble Phantasms though!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

stop getting mad about dumb poo poo you nerds

Ok.

Farming Dangos is tiring.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
fuuuuuck the 5000 ce
let's just empty out everything elese

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I got one that dropped, so I can skip one of the CE in the event shop.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I had one CE from the last event, and already got two CEs from drops, so this event is easy mode for me

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

MonsieurChoc posted:

I got one that dropped, so I can skip one of the CE in the event shop.

I got one dropped right after I got the 5000CE :D

But anyways I've been spending apples and I just have the HP Four's and the EXP cards left.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Apparently the edgelord's event is rerunning after this one. Same details save for story clearers getting a specialized challenge for them.

Another chance at getting him; I'm still not going to bother because of his artwork.

GodofDiscord
Sep 5, 2013

Not the strongest, but the cutest.
There should probably be a list somewhere detailing all of the friend codes shared, cause I just deleted 20 people off my list in F/GO and I want to add people.

Also getting Extella tonight, I hope it goes well. I mean it should since, I'm mostly a sucker for grindy musou games.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I'm enjoying Extella even though I'm new to Fate games. Whoever that was that was trying to dissuade me from getting this is a jerk.

The plot makes no sense at all and is dumb as poo poo but it's a fun dumb so whatever. Nero is a conceited rear end in a top hat and it's hilarious.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
Jesus I got a second CE drop.

Too bad I guess that the quests aren't challenging enough to consider LB'ing it yet to fit in combat CE's? Is there a benefit for LB'ing the +3 CE? It seems like to me 5x 3 to base drop + a 100% Support CE seems like the trick unless LB mainly benefits people with more +100% CE's?

Has anyone crunched the numbers on the QP? Is it better or comparable or worse than the 40 QP quest? I'm just wondering if I should farm for QP while I can.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Only LB CEs once you're done with an event, never do it while you're farming. Having multiple significantly outweighs an LB event CE. However if you have a definite surplus (5+), go for it.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Some kind of VR thing is happening, though I cant tell excatly what it is about.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

It's basically some kind of interactive vn from what I heard, that, or a vr dating Sim with mashu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

PrinnySquadron posted:

Some kind of VR thing is happening, though I cant tell excatly what it is about.

I'm lolling at that winter event name being The Da Vinci-chan Code.