Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
With the passing of our dear friend Fatherdog, I thought it was worthwhile to make a thread to try to remember all the times he quoted himself from long periods ago to own people and the way he banned dumb people, despite giving them several opportunities to shut the gently caress up.

One of the funniest things about Fatherdog was that in the old old days, he openly advertised that he would fight anyone that showed up to his school if they didn't think he was legit.

As you can see, this was back in the day before people recognized what MMA was and thought a "true martial art" was supreme. There was actually a lot of debate over this in the early days, despite it sounding crazy in the year 2017. Fatherdog was fairly active on Bullshido, a website/forum used to distinguish between "McDojos" and legitimate martial arts schools and so he did get his fair share of chances to back it up when he called people out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqVA5-n7Llc

He also did have one amatuer bout against a giant steroid freak (because Fatherdog was too tall to make it into real weight classes) but the promoter seems to have taken down that video because I can't find it. Anyway, this was the dude and you can tell he is a lot more built that Fatherdog, who is just tall and skinny:

The fight didn't go great for Fatherdog because he couldn't get a takedown and he couldn't use knees without getting punched in the face a lot (at least that's how I remember it, it's been a long time). The fight eventually got stopped in the second round because Fatherdog got a gigantic cut.

With Fatherdog's street cred solidly locked down, he became the natural choice for the first MMA moderator of PSP after we split from SAS. There was actually a lot of contention at the time about being placed into our own forum with the Wrestlehut people, which seems hilarious now because MMA is much, much dumber. However, Keven made a joke by calling Matt Mitrione "Fat Shitrione" and received a probation or something and we couldn't let that happen again. We had to have one of our own.

Once he became moderator, Fatherdog's policy was "Im not going to do much unless it disrupts poo poo, and im just going to let people make fun of you until you leave". Especially in those days of 1 UFC card a month, this was important because people tend to go off the rails a bit between fights and he would've just been banning people all day long. My favorite ban of his though was from the Agony and Ectstasy of being a Fedor Fan thread where he banned a Fedor apologist because he wouldn't shut the gently caress up despite it being clear Fedor had links to Nazis or white supremecists or something. He also banned Mobn, who people look back on with rose-tinted glasses but seriously that guy was an idiot.

Please share your other funny Fatherdog stories here. RIP buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Please rename thread to "The Agony and the Ecstasy of being a fatherdog fan" tia

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

1st AD posted:

Please rename thread to "The Agony and the Ecstasy of being a fatherdog fan" tia

it was supposed to be a play on him getting punched in the face a lot in his amatuer bout but either way

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

oh captain my captain

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I hope that in death he finally finds his white whale, the black and white video of the Yvel vs. Kongo fight that had French techno music playing over it

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

here is probably the only pic from the fight on the internet, and you can just barely see fatherdog being helped by the ref. that dude was massive. at least we are pretty sure it is their fight. it was a terrible idea to fight that guy.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I hope that in death he finally finds his white whale, the black and white video of the Yvel vs. Kongo fight that had French techno music playing over it

The greatest tribute to him is if someone could finally find it again and post it.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
He was a great mod, I'm kinda sad that our last interaction was him being pissed at me. About 2 years ago he figured out who my sources were for my super exclusive scoop in irc, then a few months ago he warned me to stop posting about it but I didn't see the post, and when I did post I invoked our irc conversation, which he thought I was saying happened recently and promptly called me a liar. It sucks I never went through why I mentioned the irc thing and I wish I saw his post telling me to cut it out, it had long since being either relevant, funny or even exclusive at this point.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I think, instead of having a thread, we should all just quietly be thankful that Fatherdog got to go out on his own terms; arguing like a pedant, rather than being a sex pest or dangerous sex offender like every other moderator.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Dan Didio posted:

I think, instead of having a thread, we should all just quietly be thankful that Fatherdog got to go out on his own terms; arguing like a pedant, rather than being a sex pest or dangerous sex offender like every other moderator.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Dan Didio posted:

I don't follow any forum drama, is that really a thing that has happened? If so, yes it's awesome that Fatherdog quit and wasn't taken down by some scandal. He seemed pretty clean cut and walked a strict line that it would be incredibly hypocritical of him to of been a horror.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
Fatherdog was cool and I wish he could come back if only to chat and discuss MMA. He was a great mod and interesting poster.

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
fatherdog fighting steroid dude is a remarkably dumb thing to do.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Dan Didio posted:

*salutes smartly*

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGHm9-ssr5g

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

willie_dee posted:

I don't follow any forum drama, is that really a thing that has happened? If so, yes it's awesome that Fatherdog quit and wasn't taken down by some scandal. He seemed pretty clean cut and walked a strict line that it would be incredibly hypocritical of him to of been a horror.

There have been multiple pedophiles working for Lowtax at various points, lol.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Balthesar posted:

fatherdog fighting steroid dude is a remarkably dumb thing to do.

seems like a reasonably exciting way to spend an evening in my opinion

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
The dog brotherhood is weakening...

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
when Fatherdog told TheGarv to "get a grip"

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

With the passing of our dear friend Fatherdog, I thought it was worthwhile to make a thread to try to remember all the times he quoted himself from long periods ago to own people and the way he banned dumb people, despite giving them several opportunities to shut the gently caress up.

One of the funniest things about Fatherdog was that in the old old days, he openly advertised that he would fight anyone that showed up to his school if they didn't think he was legit.

As you can see, this was back in the day before people recognized what MMA was and thought a "true martial art" was supreme. There was actually a lot of debate over this in the early days, despite it sounding crazy in the year 2017. Fatherdog was fairly active on Bullshido, a website/forum used to distinguish between "McDojos" and legitimate martial arts schools and so he did get his fair share of chances to back it up when he called people out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqVA5-n7Llc

He also did have one amatuer bout against a giant steroid freak (because Fatherdog was too tall to make it into real weight classes) but the promoter seems to have taken down that video because I can't find it. Anyway, this was the dude and you can tell he is a lot more built that Fatherdog, who is just tall and skinny:

The fight didn't go great for Fatherdog because he couldn't get a takedown and he couldn't use knees without getting punched in the face a lot (at least that's how I remember it, it's been a long time). The fight eventually got stopped in the second round because Fatherdog got a gigantic cut.

With Fatherdog's street cred solidly locked down, he became the natural choice for the first MMA moderator of PSP after we split from SAS. There was actually a lot of contention at the time about being placed into our own forum with the Wrestlehut people, which seems hilarious now because MMA is much, much dumber. However, Keven made a joke by calling Matt Mitrione "Fat Shitrione" and received a probation or something and we couldn't let that happen again. We had to have one of our own.

Once he became moderator, Fatherdog's policy was "Im not going to do much unless it disrupts poo poo, and im just going to let people make fun of you until you leave". Especially in those days of 1 UFC card a month, this was important because people tend to go off the rails a bit between fights and he would've just been banning people all day long. My favorite ban of his though was from the Agony and Ectstasy of being a Fedor Fan thread where he banned a Fedor apologist because he wouldn't shut the gently caress up despite it being clear Fedor had links to Nazis or white supremecists or something. He also banned Mobn, who people look back on with rose-tinted glasses but seriously that guy was an idiot.

Please share your other funny Fatherdog stories here. RIP buddy.

drat that mod looks much cooler than me

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
When Ain posted about Fatherdogs anime forum account

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Dan Didio posted:

There have been multiple pedophiles working for Lowtax at various points, lol.

Congrats to atom on becoming the new mod

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

However, Keven made a joke by calling Matt Mitrione "Fat Shitrione" and received a probation or something and we couldn't let that happen again. We had to have one of our own.

My favorite ban of his though was from the Agony and Ectstasy of being a Fedor Fan thread where he banned a Fedor apologist because he wouldn't shut the gently caress up despite it being clear Fedor had links to Nazis or white supremecists or something.

IIRC you made a thread complaining about the moderation after dunc was banned for telling Socrates, author of the Agony and Ecstasy thread, to stfu

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
perhaps genuinely normal people often don't want to babysit idiots on the internet and so it falls and falls until the responsibility lands at the feet of the lowest rungs of online society apparently consisting exclusively of pedophiles / atom and, for a brief time, a tall bjj black belt who would no poo poo fight people irl

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I barely noticed fatherdog at all which is the mark of an excellent mod

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I emailed fatherdog to thank him for being a good mod, and he told me that PSP is a good community and he will miss it, so he is out there, somewhere, fondly remembering us as he chokes out sherdog posters to this very day (six hours or so after his last post)

RIP

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Dan Didio posted:

lol yeah. fatherdog was good, he mostly let people post whatever dumb poo poo they felt like, and thats good. anyway, anyone remember Yuriy or whatever that idiot was called? lets make him the new mod

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I assumed yuriy was literally Nikita krylov and stopped posting when he realized most of us only liked him ironically

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I liked when someone in a GDT told him he's the foremost authority on getting his rear end kicked, so FD probated him with the reason saying "you're the foremost authority on not posting in this thread"

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
that's a lot of time invested to just drop over some forum drama - I guess he really truly felt it was important but I'm not actually going to read any of that stuff

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Mean Bean Machine posted:

lol yeah. fatherdog was good, he mostly let people post whatever dumb poo poo they felt like, and thats good. anyway, anyone remember Yuriy or whatever that idiot was called? lets make him the new mod

Might literally be in prison

Which puts him on average for the quality of mods usually.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
he kind of looks like a taller goonier ryan hall so it kind of makes sense that he had spreadsheets, diagrams and flow charts detailing every poster's terrible opinions

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
What gym does Fatherdog train/teach at? The new mod should storm his place to conquer the place Fatherdog once held.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
our new mod should train under Lloyd Irvin so he can blend in with the current club

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Bluedeanie posted:

I assumed yuriy was literally Nikita krylov and stopped posting when he realized most of us only liked him ironically

I now like Nikita Krylov unironically.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Lid posted:

Might literally be in prison

Which puts him on average for the quality of mods usually.

What the hell did yuriy do to end up behind bars? I mean, I'm not surprised because bad ideas aren't limited to just online posting, but I'd still like to know.

I'll miss fatherdog because he had a seemingly encyclopedic knowledge of MMA and wasn't afraid to tell Atom to shut up any chance he could get.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!

Charles Gnarwin posted:

What the hell did yuriy do to end up behind bars? I mean, I'm not surprised because bad ideas aren't limited to just online posting, but I'd still like to know.

I'll miss fatherdog because he had a seemingly encyclopedic knowledge of MMA and wasn't afraid to tell Atom to shut up any chance he could get.

It's just what we tell people when somebody asks in IRC. He popped up twice since the rumor was started

edit: sorry to be a buzzkill

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Odddzy posted:

What gym does Fatherdog train/teach at? The new mod should storm his place to conquer the place Fatherdog once held.

Ricardo Almeida BJJ

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Fatherdog is banned, and not only is Michael Bisping not dead, he's a champion. Goodbye, MMA. I'll check you out again in like 5 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Grandmaster.flv posted:

that's a lot of time invested to just drop over some forum drama - I guess he really truly felt it was important but I'm not actually going to read any of that stuff

I wish that he would have just turned off his computer, did something else today, and held his fire because it seems a lot of the drama died down, and the mod who was demodded to kick off the controversy is now a mod again of her own new subforum. But, maybe other things we dont know about were going on that pissed fatherdog off so that he was done regardless.

• Locked thread