Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

FOX's list of things the show couldn't do was nothing short of brutal. For some reason one of them was that Spider-man cannot injure pigeons while swinging or landing, which makes me think there was a specific bird-killing gag in the pilot script or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I think it's great that Spidey didn't spend much time thinking about his conversation with Stan. "Hey wait...so you're the reason my Uncle Ben died?"

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Is this the first screenshot we see of Judas Contract's adaptation?

https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status/822139106729881603

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Wow, I know everyone says DC's house animation is bland, but it's never really struck me until that screenshot. I just know it's going to be bad, sight unseen.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I thought we all agreed that blue Nightwing was better?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

SonicRulez posted:

Which is precisely why they would they would choose red!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

SonicRulez posted:

can't have two black/blue color schemes in one team, that'd be crazy!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Alaois posted:

can't have two black/blue color schemes in one team, that'd be crazy!

You know this is exactly the reason why they did it. And it's really dumb.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Can't wait for Deathstroke to have sex with Terra and then have one of the writers call somebody complaining a pussy at comic con.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

X-O posted:

You know this is exactly the reason why they did it. And it's really dumb.

As a compromise, Nightwing should have his disco costume, but red.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
So who was around for Judas Contract that is getting subbed out for Blue Beetle? Cyborg?

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
On the other hand I'm not seeing Damian in that picture, so silver lining?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ManlyGrunting posted:

On the other hand I'm not seeing Damian in that picture, so silver lining?

He's in it.

Cyborg is part of the big boy Justice League in the animated movie continuity.

The story had Raven, Starfire, Changeling/Beast Boy, Cyborg, Nightwing and Wonder Girl. The movie has Robin and Blue Beetle instead of Cyborg and Wonder Girl.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Aphrodite posted:

He's in it.

The story had Raven, Starfire, Changeling/Beast Boy, Cyborg, Nightwing and Wonder Girl. The movie has Robin and Blue Beetle instead of Cyborg and Wonder Girl.

I thought Cyborg rejoined the Titans at the end of the Justice League vs. Teen Titans movie?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Aphrodite posted:

He's in it.

How could you forget the oh so memorable character of Jericho?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Maybe if he'd slapped the Liontamer on Deathstroke, I might give a poo poo about him.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

SonicRulez posted:

Maybe if he'd slapped the Liontamer on Deathstroke, I might give a poo poo about him.

Lion Tamer was such a cool freaking move. RIP WWE allowing cool moves.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

WWE banned a submission move? I thought they only banned moves like pile drivers and DDT type stuff.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

WWE banned a submission move? I thought they only banned moves like pile drivers and DDT type stuff.

Anything that can compress the spine was banned or modified like 10+ years ago, along with a variety of particularly risky high-flying moves. The lion tamer went from this:

to this weak-rear end boston crab:

Although while googling I found a couple images of him doing it properly that seemed more recent, so maybe they've relented in recent years.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
WWE banned DDTs? How can you watch wrestling without this sorta stuff?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's less about the spinal thing for the Lion Tamer and more that Jericho's working with much bigger guys in WWE than he did in the WCW cruiserweight division. Because WWE now has a lot of smaller guys, he'll break it out on them sometimes as a 'super' version.

DDTs aren't banned, though piledrivers that aren't tombstones done by the Undertaker and occasionally Kane have been. John Cena and CM Punk got in a poo poo-ton of trouble for doing one about 5 years ago on live TV. It's kind of hilarious to watch because Michael Cole shits himself when he realises they actually hit it instead of just reversing out of it like usually happens now.

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xGvevIW1ZE

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jan 22, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DDTs are fine because there's no real head drop.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Yeah only the DDT variants that are as unsafe as a piledriver have been banned, which is very few of them.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

They didn't ban the Liontamer. He stopped using it since most WWE/F guys are to tall for him to apply correctly.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Gaz-L posted:

John Cena and CM Punk got in a poo poo-ton of trouble for doing one about 5 years ago on live TV.

Did they? I knew it was a pretty big deal, but the idea of John Cena getting in trouble for literally anything is surprising to me.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SonicRulez posted:

Did they? I knew it was a pretty big deal, but the idea of John Cena getting in trouble for literally anything is surprising to me.

I think they were both going to get fined for it, but Cena paid both, I want to say?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gavok, I don't see you on this page but I know you're the one to blame for all this wrestling poo poo.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Someone told me the word is that "Justice League: Dark" is good, and maybe the best DC animated movie. Has anyone here seen it that can confirm/deny?

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Reinanigans posted:

Someone told me the word is that "Justice League: Dark" is good, and maybe the best DC animated movie. Has anyone here seen it that can confirm/deny?

I don't want to prejudge a movie I haven't seen, but that is a very high bar to clear. The last DC animated feature to come close was four years ago, following which the studio seems to have driven full-tilt in the opposite direction.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Reinanigans posted:

I just finished watching it and thought it was pretty okay.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Reinanigans posted:

Definitely not the best DC animated movie, but it was good. Better than Justice League War/Throne of Atlantis for sure.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

How much better? War and ToA were awful.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I watched it. It has one or two cringeworthy moments, but nothing near as bad as most of the DC animated movies. In general, it looks pretty decent, it has an okay if not hugely original plot, a couple of characters who don't get to do much, some cool fight scenes, an overly sexualized Zatanna, a fun Batman, and a horribly dull main villain.

I'd say it's definitely way better than most, but nowhere near the best of its kind. That said, it didn't make me mad or regret watching it. It's a fun enough way to spend an hour and 20 mins.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The best DC animated feature was Mask of the Phantasm, thank you.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lurdiak posted:

The best DC animated feature was Mask of the Phantasm, thank you.

I would take Mystery of the Batwoman over the stuff coming out today honestly

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Red Hood was a decent entry in the pre-"Make everything look the same and seem vaguely like the new52" era. I also liked JL: Doom and Batman/Superman Apocalypse. And the DKR set was better than the current gen stuff as well.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

ToastyPotato posted:

Red Hood was a decent entry in the pre-"Make everything look the same and seem vaguely like the new52" era. I also liked JL: Doom and Batman/Superman Apocalypse. And the DKR set was better than the current gen stuff as well.

Under the Red Hood predates the new 52 by about a year.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Chaos Hippy posted:

Under the Red Hood predates the new 52 by about a year.

Nothing he said contradicts that.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

Unmature posted:

Nothing he said contradicts that.

I should pay more attention when I read things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

purple death ray posted:

I would take Mystery of the Batwoman over the stuff coming out today honestly

drat straight.