Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Had a look and he's only played on average 13 games a season for the past 3 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Hopefully he gets a few week long backdated suspension like Captain Courageous did.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Mullen's a permanent sicknote anyway, doubt anyone will even notice he's not there, will just assume he's injured again. Also 2017 is the Warriors' year for sure.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I want

Smorgasbord posted:

Mullen's a permanent sicknote anyway, doubt anyone will even notice he's not there, will just assume he's injured again. Also 2017 is the Warriors' year for sure.

You're referring to the spoon, right?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

you cunts ready for NRL supercoach wewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

At some point this week I'll write up the new thread since I hate my job and would do anything rather than my real work.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

hoping Greatest Fullback In Rugby League History Billy Slater doesn't get loving injured AGAIN this season. I know that secretly you guys are too.

also good on the dragons for trying to kill their players off during training in an effort to sit maybe 3 from the bottom of the ladder this season

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Mills posted:

you cunts ready for NRL supercoach wewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

NRL fantasy is better imo

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

cpaf posted:

Agreed

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Smorgasbord posted:

Wait until St. George offer SJ 1.5m a year and he takes it

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

quote:

Cronulla has signed grand final-winning full-back Ben Barba only two months after his contract was terminated by the Sharks following a positive test to cocaine.

But Barba will still need to serve the 12-match ban he was handed by the NRL in November as a result of the second positive sample he returned under the league's illicit drug policy.

The earliest he can return to playing duties will be round 13, with the NRL ruling out the prospect that the Auckland Nines and World Club Challenge be counted towards his suspension.

Barba has signed a one-year contract for the 2017 season and should the deal be ratified the Sharks and the NRL integrity unit will determine a time frame for Barba's return to training.

Before approving the contract, the NRL will have to be convinced Barba has been fully rehabilitated since receiving the ban for his second positive test in the space of a year.

Barba headed to Thailand for a four-week stint in a rehabilitation clinic following the handing down of the ban, but his manager claimed at the time the stay was for an anxiety disorder, and not drug related.

Regardless of the outcome of the contract registration, it is understood he may still be forced to wait until just before his anticipated June return date before he can train with the Sharks again.

The 27-year-old would also be on his final drugs warning, with a third breach likely to lead to contract termination as per the NRL's illicit drug policy.

lol @ the idea of there ever being serious repercussions for actions in the NRL

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

iajanus posted:

lol @ the idea of there ever being serious repercussions for actions in the NRL

Repercussions no, concussions most definitely yes.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
No "ring Gids" jokes? I'm disappointed in all of you.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jono C posted:

No "ring Gids" jokes? I'm disappointed in all of you.
if it was for disco biscuits sure

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Well apparently the steroid he tested positive for is also used to cut cocaine.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

steroid cocaine is rugby league as gently caress

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Newcastle's preseason goes from strength to strength; Pauli Pauli severely injured in a 7-car pileup on the M1 - looks like a dislocated hip and broken leg.

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

Newcastle must be cursed.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...118-gtu7m8.html

Pauli Pauli with a dislocated hip and broken leg due to a car accident.

e;fb

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Mootallica posted:

Newcastle must be cursed.

To be fair, look at the city. Of course they're cursed.

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

True. I'm just glad Penrith has sailed through reasonably unscathed so far.

Having said that, Moylen, Watene-Zelezniak, Mansour and Cartwright will probably get done for something stupid within the next 48 hours.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Mootallica posted:

True. I'm just glad Penrith has sailed through reasonably unscathed so far.

Having said that, Moylen, Watene-Zelezniak, Mansour and Cartwright will probably get done for something stupid within the next 48 hours.

Isn't Mansour still in recovery? It was only in November he did his ACL in a clash with Jed Bogan.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

cpaf posted:

Yeah yeah same thing that's what I meant

I came 30th overall last year (wewww toot my horn) and I'm frothing for this year

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
My NRL Fantasy season was summed up by starting with Lichaa and Segeyaro at hooker who both got injured R1

ili posted:

Isn't Mansour still in recovery? It was only in November he did his ACL in a clash with Jed Bogan.

I just hope the donor wasn't a serial killer

quote:

Penrith's Josh Mansour is relying on a frozen tendon taken from a corpse to help overcome a knee injury and return to action as early as May.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

ps I'm writing the new thread now, if anyone has any naming suggestions please leave them after the beep

beep

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

iajanus posted:

ps I'm writing the new thread now, if anyone has any naming suggestions please leave them after the beep

beep

Rugby League 2017 - You see, players usually make... a lot of noise. NO NOISE... suggests no players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VLJvPEa6gI

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Rugby League 2017: Time for Harold Holt's drug-fuelled dogsex video to surface?

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

ili posted:

Fark - forgot about that.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Dopin' dopes and assaulting folks.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Puckish Rogue posted:

Dopin' dopes and assaulting folks.

snort'n lines
shag'n canines

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
Hey now, no dogs have been hosed yet.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Last offseason was pretty quiet too until the Mitchell Pearce thing blew up around this time. A lot of these guys peak their indiscretions in the Jan/Feb period it's like the offseason finals.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Korbin has ditched us for the broncs, dogged the boys

lost 3 players in one week, in a team where we can't afford to lose even 1 player

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

bowmore posted:

Korbin has ditched us for the broncs, dogged the boys

lost 3 players in one week, in a team where we can't afford to lose even 1 player

Sims brothers continue to prove themselves as pea hearts.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Dragons have apparently signed Ben Hunt on a six year deal worth at least six million. Can't blame him for taking it.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Smorgasbord posted:

Sims brothers continue to prove themselves as pea hearts.
training must be too hard for
him this season

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ili posted:

Dragons have apparently signed Ben Hunt on a six year deal worth at least six million. Can't blame him for taking it.
He's a good player and the Dragons need something

ili
Jul 26, 2003

bowmore posted:

He's a good player and the Dragons need something

No doubt. I don't think six year deals tend to work out that well though.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
apparently players take $250,000 pay cuts just to play for the Broncos so they had to offer something decent

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
It's not necessarily a bad move by the Dragons considering the cap is supposed to be going up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Wayne Bennett usually demotes players who won't be at the club in the future, could be a much bigger role for Benji Marshall than first expected.

• Locked thread