Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
It's especially stupid as hell and regressive for Yakuza 0 though because of the time period like they for real couldn't couldn't come up with a badass female character in a game about beating the poo poo out of people set during peak bosozoku and sukeban time? It's literally historically inaccurate for the sake of not wanting to bother putting effort into any of the female characters' writing I mean those gangs (mostly the male ones but still) were like the gateway step to "the yakuza notices you."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Bad Bitchez

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Neo Rasa posted:

It's especially stupid as hell and regressive for Yakuza 0 though because of the time period like they for real couldn't couldn't come up with a badass female character in a game about beating the poo poo out of people set during peak bosozoku and sukeban time? It's literally historically inaccurate for the sake of not wanting to bother putting effort into any of the female characters' writing I mean those gangs (mostly the male ones but still) were like the gateway step to "the yakuza notices you."

I dunno how far you got but there is a character almost exactly like that in 0. In the end she needs rescuing by Kiryu same as everyone else though.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Samurai Sanders posted:

I dunno how far you got but there is a character almost exactly like that in 0. In the end she needs rescuing by Kiryu same as everyone else though.

That's awesome. :D

AggroJagg
Mar 7, 2007
Hermits aren't broken, just favoured.

cubicle gangster posted:

I beat diablo 3 and am in adventure mode, and up until this point i've basically been switching my gear to whichever has the most green triangles on. Since I hit adventure mode i've gone up 2 difficulties to torment 2 without much trouble and played for a few hours but nothing i've found is objectively better than what i have.

I tried reading something about how to level up gear in the end game but it seemed like the most incomprehensibly complicated thing. pages of strategies around mix/maxing the stat gains where you get ranges of 16-20%. Is an extra 1% worth it?
There was a section about gambling for good items from the woman and I bought 20 bracers that were all significantly worse than what i'd picked up in act 5 so i'm not really sure what's going on. I can craft items, but every single craftable item is significantly worse than what I got in act 5 too so I don't know what the point of that is (seriously at any point in the game what is the point of someone you can buy/craft weapons from?)

Am I missing something or is it just keep playing for super marginal improvements? I'm totally ok with the game just generating random stuff to do but I was under the impression you kept progressing at a decent rate because there are 13 levels of torment difficulty.

Are you level 70 yet? If not don't worry about gear.

Once you reach 70 gear sets will start to drop, most were retooled in the last year or so to be super powerful. Most will confer crazy damage boosts like a bonus 1,500%!

Also legendary weapons all get significantly better once they are lvl70 too.

So just aim to grab the 4 or 6 pieces of a gear set as your first goal, after that you should notice things improving.

The blood shard vendor is almost always a crap shoot and is just a way to dump blood shards, don't sweat it.

I probably have a bunch of gear and weapons I can send you, what class do you play?

Also it's really important to go grab Kunais cube, Google up where it is.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Ohh poo poo I totally forgot about Defense Grid 2

Can you play through the whole game co-op? Might get it to play through with the misses, loved the first one

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
https://twitter.com/KazHiraiCEO/status/819696236135649284

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

I refuse to believe this is real...

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Zipperelli. posted:

I refuse to believe this is real...
Its real, believe me.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

homeless snail posted:

Its real, believe me.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Trump is 70 fuckin years old, he thinks everything is a Nintendo I'm sure.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

president trump will save the xbox

better sell your ps4 now before it's too late

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Barron is really good with the cyber. He is actually Lizard Squad

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Trump is 70 fuckin years old, he thinks everything is a Nintendo I'm sure.

Out here people still think of consoles as "the Sega" or "the Nintendo". I never even knew what Sega console I had as a kid till we got the internet later on.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

EDF!! EDF!!

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Buying EDF was possibly my second best decision all week.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Drunk bought it and I tried to give it a go once a while ago but it just felt janky and clunky and I couldn't find a game

I'm down for some goon EDF tho

We're talking about EDF 4.1 right (that's the only one on ps4...?)

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I got the platinum headset and well, it's wireless and sounds good, but for comfort or music its no match for the midrange Sennheiser wired ones I have been using for several months. Maybe my memory of my old Gold headset was too dim and I have just been spoiled now...

KrayG
Jul 20, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
EdF is an ok game but follows that typical persistent goon phenomenon of an average thing being raised onto a pedestal and i just don't get why.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Do tell.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It's called being a cult classic (much like all the movies it steals from) and is not a goon thing.

pairofdimes
May 20, 2001

blehhh

KrayG posted:

EdF is an ok game but follows that typical persistent goon phenomenon of an average thing being raised onto a pedestal and i just don't get why.

The people who like it REALLY like it, so they end up being evangelical about it. Anyway I play EDF on the PC since it runs pretty well in 4k.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I just played through EDF last year for the first time and loved it. It was really fun to mess with vehicle physics and shoot explosives everywhere watching insects explode while a silly old Japanese movie dub sort of tells you what's going on. There's a raw sort of glee to it.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Of all the games I've played nothing comes close to matching the pure chaos of EDF. The jank and slowdown is a feature imo.

https://youtu.be/bE1eff1xvLg?list=PLFsqRyeGGyKot6wRLnj8R13w9G6n8pEnj&t=416

I am super hyped for 5.

Marogareh fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Jan 20, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There was a point in one stage in PS4 EDF where the entire map was covered in ants and it was all I could see, just more ants piled on top of more. It owned but I was very glad I'd been farming the easy Inferno level before for good weapons.

🐜 🐜 🐜

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
We're all used to alphas and betas but are game demos secretly making a come-back?

Recently had demos for Watch Dogs 2, F1 2016, Nier Automata, Gravity Rush 2 and we're getting Nioh ahead of release.... I know the supposed research shows that demos hurt games rather than help them, but I've always found them very useful.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

I got the platinum headset and well, it's wireless and sounds good, but for comfort or music its no match for the midrange Sennheiser wired ones I have been using for several months. Maybe my memory of my old Gold headset was too dim and I have just been spoiled now...

Wired via controller or a mixamp or something?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Wired via controller or a mixamp or something?

Wired to the TV (I have no need for a mic). The controller's output max volume is really low to me when I want to space out and play a game with music I love.

Also the max volume of the Platinum headset is just barely high enough for me, even with the volume maxed out in every way I can think of including that annoying chat/game sound rocker on the headset itself, same as the Gold.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dunno if there are many other UK posters in here but Amazon.co.uk are doing a 'spend £50 get £10' promotion today only, it works on preorders too. It doesn't apply to digital items or anything sold through third party sellers though.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

For anyone interested in a ps4 pro and a 4k set up, make sure you get a true hdr set. That makes a huge difference over just looking a little cleaner.

I played deus ex before and after, and it has more realistic colors.

The last guardian has amazing lighting in hdr.

The original ps4 can do hdr but I believe every set that can do hdr is 4k as well anyway.

But not every 4k set can do good hdr. LG oled can, the Samsung KS8000 and maybe the Sony 850.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
It's weird how coy TV manufacturers are in telling what the actual gently caress are their exact HDR specs. It should be HDR10 with minimum peak luminance of at least 500 nits for OLED and 1000 nits for LCD.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They don't care as long as they can write 'HDR' on the side of the box to trick people who don't do any research.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Never played any of the Uncharted games, BUT I just beat Uncharted 4.

Ending felt a little lame after such an action packed and amazing game. Maybe I should have been taking in stuff like climbing the mountain to find Sam a bit slower. But the game's constant CRAZINESS now let's chill for 30 minutes NOW CRAZINESS over and over again with the long length of the game left me just getting through the chapters at the end as fast as I could so I could see how it ended.

The epilogue felt crazy out of place and kinda random. But seems like playing the other UC games would have helped that. Seems the reception is very high for that. I was kinda like "whatever"

Incredible game overall though. One of my favorites. 👍

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pretty much all the other UC games have some sort of supernatural element that crops up towards the end and that really felt missing from 4.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

not having the random stupid thing at the end was a plus imo

they barely even tried with it in 3

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I like random stupid thing. 3's was pretty bad though.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Manatee Cannon posted:

Leaving it out was for the best, because the real focus of the story wasn't the adventure this time. It was about family, and choosing what Nate actually values most. I did like that they didn't write Elena as a complete nagging wet blanket when she rocks up on the island to confront Nate, she's just pissed he lied to her rather than the fact he went on an adventure. Especially with it turning out she loves it as much as he does.

edit: The thing you're talking about at the end is a nice way to prove Naughty Dog are serious about putting a cap on Uncharted as-promised, because there they both are years later with a teenage kid.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jan 20, 2017

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I like random stupid thing. 3's was pretty bad though.

I will grant you that the one in 2 was ok because it was like indiana jones guest starring in an episode of scooby doo

Electromax
May 6, 2007
In case you are unaware and it appeals to you, the Uncharted 4 multiplayer recently added a Survival mode that you can play with up to 2 other humans (or an AI partner) killing waves of enemies in the multi arenas. Half of them end with a boss fight against one of the ghost pirate guys who have various abilities - it kind of fills the boss fight gap from the main game (although not perfectly).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Manatee Cannon posted:

It's ambiguous enough that it's left up to Nate either hallucinating that whole bit or actually being magically entranced. I liked that personally.