Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

This response kind of implies you know you're objectively wrong about something, but still don't want to change your mind.

i don't care, my dude. wouldn't care if hillary won, don't care that trump won. All I care about is the salt, and that, I think, is an unpopular opinion.

Jastiger posted:

If you dont care, then dont post. Im pissed at the idiot people that voted for Trump and am worried about my families future.

Not about to compromise on that, salt or no salt.

lmao

spit on my clit has a new favorite as of 20:25 on Jan 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

spit on my clit posted:

i don't care, my dude. wouldn't care if hillary won, don't care that trump won. All I care about is the salt, and that, I think, is an unpopular opinion.

If you dont care, then dont post. Im pissed at the idiot people that voted for Trump and am worried about my families future.

Not about to compromise on that, salt or no salt.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I think that the takeaway from all this is that populism is bad.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Jastiger populist? Come now.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

doverhog posted:

Jastiger populist? Come now.

Populism can be cool and good actually.

KrayG
Jul 20, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Are populists people who watch pretty little liars?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

spit on my clit posted:

Once again, you just exposed yourself by making it about Trump. I kinda had climate change in mind. Please keep telling everyone what you don't care about, lol

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

Once again, you just exposed yourself by making it about Trump. I kinda had climate change in mind. Please keep telling everyone what you don't care about, lol

eh, climate change is an important topic at least.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Populism can be good or bad. Promising the people things they want and then giving them those things is populism. Promising things you can't deliver, lying because the truth is unpopular, etc. is also populism.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Please don't expose yourself. Cover that up. You're in public.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Bread machines absolutely kick rear end. Unpopular since most people who buy them use them maybe once before leaving them in a closet, but once you nail down a recipe it's super simple and tastes great.

Second unpopular opinion due to the current fad, add a tablespoon of vital wheat gluten to the ingredients to make the bread actually act like bread instead of a crumbly mess

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I wish Conan O'Brien would do a late night show without any interviews/musical guests. Just film those "remotes" every day.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

I wish Conan O'Brien would do a late night show without any interviews/musical guests. Just film those "remotes" every day.

Actually he probably is moving to that in the near future.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
all late-night shows are trash

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Talk shows would be vastly improved if they had no live audience.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

steinrokkan posted:

Talk shows would be vastly improved if they had no live audience.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

honestly, big bang theory might be watchable without the audience. so much pausing for the fake laughter ruins the pacing of jokes.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I'm the opposite of that, I think every single show would be improved with a live audience/laugh track.

gently caress, some of the 70s Scooby-Doo episodes had laugh tracks in them, and those were the best ones. :allears:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think that Trump's protectionism - his stated opposition to free movement and free trade - is one of the worst things (though not the worst thing overall) about him, presuming he actually follows through on it. I appreciate that that's likely to be an unpopular opinion.

Felt the same way about Brexit, to be honest. :shrug:

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Aramek posted:

gently caress, some of the 70s Scooby-Doo episodes had laugh tracks in them, and those were the best ones. :allears:

Counterpoint: Scrappy Doo.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I do not get Seinfeld.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Das Boo posted:

I do not get Seinfeld.

I get it 100% and it is bad in literally every possible way and anyone who likes Seinfeld is a nincompoop, especially the type who, after reading my post, start composing a reply.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jerry Cotton posted:

I get it 100% and it is bad in literally every possible way and anyone who likes Seinfeld is a nincompoop, especially the type who, after reading my post, start composing a reply.

I respectfully disagree

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Veronica's Closet and Caroline in the City were the exact same shows.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy

yeah I eat rear end posted:

"Open plan" and other modern gimmicks like games/toy rooms (or as at least one place I was looking at applying to called it, a ~recreation therapy~ room) etc for work offices are terrible. I always hear that open plan offices increase productivity and collaboration, but when you actually look at one everyone just has their headphones on because otherwise it would be impossible to focus with all the typing noise and multiple people trying to have meetings at their desk at the same time.

I've complained about this here before--my office was built with this lovely open design. Real great trying to do math and run stats while the person beside you is screaming over the phone trying to conduct a patient interview with a half-deaf 90 year old. They recently installed actual doors on our bathrooms (before we had those L-shaped entrances) so at least I can't hear people taking a poo poo from my desk anymore.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

spit on my clit posted:

Careful, your privilege is showing.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

spit on my clit posted:

honestly, big bang theory might be watchable without the audience. so much pausing for the fake laughter ruins the pacing of jokes.

If the IT Crowd could handle it BBT could too if it wasn't a legit worse show in every possible way

KrayG
Jul 20, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Big bang theory is a pretty watchable show and i say that as someone who doesn't watch many sitcoms.

Ill happily admit that's only cuz id really like to bang Kaley Cuoco and Mayim Bialik though

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

KrayG posted:

Ill happily admit that's only cuz id really like to bang Kaley Cuoco and Mayim Bialik though

Odd choice of two imo

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

KrayG posted:

Big bang theory is a pretty watchable show and i say that as someone who doesn't watch many sitcoms.

Lmao you have at it bro

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Jerry Cotton posted:

I don't know how there can be a person that can't relate in some way to each of the characters and find the situations they are in funny. If such people exist, I don't want to know them. It's not the peak of comedy genius or anything (although it's close, in my opinion), but at the very least it is perfect as TV filler to have on in the background when nothing better is on.

I almost didn't write this reply after reading the last part of your post because I don't want to be a nincompoop, but oh well too late now.

Also nothing would ever make Big Bang Theory tolerable/watchable.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I don't know how there can be a person that can't relate in some way to each of the characters and find the situations they are in funny.

The characters are obnoxious and dumb in an incredibly contrived way. Like, obnoxious and dumb people exist, but not like that. No real person would be like that and it's not even an exaggeration or caricature, it's just implausible.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

The characters are obnoxious and dumb in an incredibly contrived way. Like, obnoxious and dumb people exist, but not like that. No real person would be like that and it's not even an exaggeration or caricature, it's just implausible.

People definitely exist like that but they don't usually have a group of friends to band around. Similar to the always sunny or archer or arrested development people. Shows don't have to be realistic to be funny

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo
The term "empathy/empathize" is soon to reach critical levels of trite clicheness.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

Similar to the always sunny or archer or arrested development people.
Except that those shows are good and the characters work because they're exaggerated versions of realistic people.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Arrested Development had that great joke about banana stands. Also remember how they act like chickens and make chicken noises it's hilarious.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

Except that those shows are good and the characters work because they're exaggerated versions of realistic people.

None of those characters are more realistic than the Seinfeld ones what are you even talking about

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

None of those characters are more realistic than the Seinfeld ones what are you even talking about

They're not realistic, they're caricatures. You could start with a realistic character and then exaggerate certain features to end up with them. The Seinfeld characters don't strike me that way at all, they don't seem like they started with realistic people, they just went straight to ridiculously dumb arsehole and there's nothing relatable about them.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

They're not realistic, they're caricatures. You could start with a realistic character and then exaggerate certain features to end up with them. The Seinfeld characters don't strike me that way at all, they don't seem like they started with realistic people, they just went straight to ridiculously dumb arsehole and there's nothing relatable about them.

I'm pretty sure jerry Seinfeld is at least somewhat based on himself, and seems to be kind of a dumb rear end in a top hat. Honestly most of them are basically themselves except for maybe Elaine

Sometimes people are just obnoxious dicks who turn their personas up to 11 cause it works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Tiggum posted:

You must not interact with normal people (or people at all) very often if you really think that. I know several people that are essentially a non-exaggerated-for-TV versions of George or Elaine, and fortunately for me, none that are remotely like the main gang on always sunny.