Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
So can't wait for the absolute flood of NDs and injuries/deaths from that privately owned firearms on base/at recruiting stations stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Thread title joke

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Today I heard the dumbest thing I've heard in AIT.

There is a poo poo ton of waiting at the DFAC here like I've bitched in this thread, but today we watched when delta company took forever because they only used less than half of the serving lines in the building. Our PSG asked their's why and the dude said "it's our company policy that they have to earn the right to use all lines in the DFAC".

It's not like they were avoiding short order with fast food, they were also avoiding half of the main order lines. They literally go slow in an already jam packed DFAC. While one company is in line, no other company can proceed to the empty ones either.

I am amazed. 400 privates through 2 serving lines takes a while.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Welcome to the Army. *kicks you in the balls*

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Vahakyla posted:

There is a poo poo ton of waiting at the DFAC here like I've bitched in this thread, but today we watched when delta company took forever because they only used less than half of the serving lines in the building. Our PSG asked their's why and the dude said "it's our company policy that they have to earn the right to use all lines in the DFAC".

It's not like they were avoiding short order with fast food, they were also avoiding half of the main order lines. They literally go slow in an already jam packed DFAC. While one company is in line, no other company can proceed to the empty ones either.

lmao, there's a reason that even the rest of the inefficient army laughs at the med service corps and how bad they are at efficiency

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
im just all out of ":lol: and gently caress you if you're still in"

ugh

whatever, keep joining the army, idiots

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Vahakyla posted:

omg i forgot about that bullshit in ait

delta co always was the bitchy co

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
This one just blew my mind. What's the benefit of this? It's like someone is actively trying to make this fuckign DFAC be the center of AMEDD schools. No loving, this one single Air Force DFAC is where most of the Army AIT spends their time all day and all weekend. Not class or studying.

Do they get their contractor money based on attendance and lenght of stay or what?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
GET THE DOOR, DOOR MAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA lol

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Vahakyla posted:

This one just blew my mind. What's the benefit of this? It's like someone is actively trying to make this fuckign DFAC be the center of AMEDD schools. No loving, this one single Air Force DFAC is where most of the Army AIT spends their time all day and all weekend. Not class or studying.

Do they get their contractor money based on attendance and lenght of stay or what?

No it's per head your unit is just dumb as hell.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

the dfac situation was redic when i was there too

also banging in said dfac's dumpsters

TPSDude
Apr 7, 2011

Tank Goon

Syrian Lannister posted:

CMP needs to release those 1911's they've been sitting on first

I'm pretty sure we're never getting the 1911's due to Senator McCain introducing an amendment to the 2017 National Defense Authorization Act to have them destroyed.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

What the hell? That costs money.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Dude, just like, give me one? Don't destroy it?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Seriously, if he doesn't want them, I'll take a bunch off the government's hands.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Same

Want something to go with my NPM M1 Carbine and HR M1 Garand

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
In other news, the army is fat but continues to serve utter poo poo at the DFAC and we wonder why

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

everyday omlettes cant help

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

TPSDude posted:

I'm pretty sure we're never getting the 1911's due to Senator McCain introducing an amendment to the 2017 National Defense Authorization Act to have them destroyed.

Link? Lol if this is true, since the release was authorized under the Obama administration of all places.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Hey Mustang, were you around 4-23 this week during their field exercise? I saw some cav trucks rolling around.
It was a total shitshow. Having squads do land navigation through the woods with full combat loads, in the rain, at night, in 35° temperatures for almost 30 hours straight. Had more than 15 casualties in a single company in the span of 6 hours due to heat casualties, cold weather injuries, and multiple broken or fractured ankles. And then the only medical Stryker, being driven at night on worn down mud roads, in the rain, by someone who had never driven one before, dropped halfway off a cliff.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
the bend and reach

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
starting position, move

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Should have packed an extra pair of socks

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

psydude posted:

Link? Lol if this is true, since the release was authorized under the Obama administration of all places.

(Sec. 1092) Requires the Army to transfer excess .45 caliber M1911A1 pistols to the Civilian Marksmanship Program.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Woof Blitzer posted:

the bend and reach
Buddy of mine threw out his back doing this one morning. Second rep, keels over. A'ight, let's go get a stretcher.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Apparently it happens a lot.

Which is no surprise, back in 80s people were like "don't go touching your toes for a warm up, you'll hurt yourself". So the army decides "gently caress that poo poo, do it multiple times and with velocity!

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

A Bad Poster posted:

Hey Mustang, were you around 4-23 this week during their field exercise? I saw some cav trucks rolling around.
It was a total shitshow. Having squads do land navigation through the woods with full combat loads, in the rain, at night, in 35° temperatures for almost 30 hours straight. Had more than 15 casualties in a single company in the span of 6 hours due to heat casualties, cold weather injuries, and multiple broken or fractured ankles. And then the only medical Stryker, being driven at night on worn down mud roads, in the rain, by someone who had never driven one before, dropped halfway off a cliff.

Nope, must have been one of the other troops, the only thing we used our Strykers for was driving out there and driving back. We were in the southeastern TAs doing dismounted training, so pretty similar, full combat loads patrolling through the woods all night in lovely weather. Or set in a screen and not moving at all in below freezing temperatures. Pretty similar to what we did in the field last week too, only it also snowed on us last week.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Is it bad form to hang yourself with a yellow ribbon to price how worthless these briefings are?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
By the way, how much time are you guys spending at YTC before NTC this year? We've got at least like 3 months of YTC in the next 6 months.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mustang posted:

By the way, how much time are you guys spending at YTC before NTC this year? We've got at least like 3 months of YTC in the next 6 months.

None

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Mustang posted:

lol

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Mustang posted:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
wouldnt surprise me if some manufacturer was lobbying against having a bunch of cheap, high demand 1911s thrown out onto the market

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Turned in all my OCIE without any money owed to the government. 1 more drill. :duckie:

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Mustang posted:

Sounds about like what we're doing. If this week was any indication, I'm telling my doctor that he needs to make my permanent profile more iron clad, because if they're wanting me to go without using my CPAP for weeks, I'm going to have to do something about it.

TPSDude
Apr 7, 2011

Tank Goon

psydude posted:

http://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2016/06/16/senator-john-mccain-wants-destroy-govt-surplus-1911-pistols/

Is what I read a while back, obama's order was in 2015 from what I gather in google.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

TPSDude posted:

http://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2016/06/16/senator-john-mccain-wants-destroy-govt-surplus-1911-pistols/

Is what I read a while back, obama's order was in 2015 from what I gather in google.

Dude didn't see this section of it,

(Sec. 1092) Requires the Army to transfer excess .45 caliber M1911A1 pistols to the Civilian Marksmanship Program.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Vahakyla posted:

suggest to the instructor that they be able to use all lines, but they must prone row through the line

in the grand scheme of things, this makes perfect sense

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I don't like the 1911 or M9 but I'll definitely try and get a CMP 1911 for collecting purposes; I'd do the same with an M9 if they're disposed of similarly. My hate for the M9 is due to it being loving huge, from a quality standpoint they're great pistols in my book. I've shot several Army and civilian M9s or 92FS and have never seen one break or malfunction.

What I'm really looking (hopefully) forward to would be them selling off to CMP are the M11s (SIG P228). :gizz:

Flying_Crab fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jan 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Wish me luck, I'm about to have an army surgeon give me a new face. I'm sure nothing will go wrong, right?