Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

since they're already letting you climb just about anything anyway i hope they bring back double clawshots and let you cling to most surfaces instead of just clawshot targets. being spider-man is cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm gonna go straight to Death Mountain. I need to know what that thing that climbs the mountain every day is.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I'm gonna go straight to Death Mountain. I need to know what that thing that climbs the mountain every day is.

It's in the newest trailer.

Me, I'm heading south east to find the Deku Tree first, probably via Lake Hylia. That or to the massive canyons from the "Beyond the Plateau" E3 video.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

sharrrk posted:

since they're already letting you climb just about anything anyway i hope they bring back double clawshots and let you cling to most surfaces instead of just clawshot targets. being spider-man is cool

i hope they do this and i hope that it's a secret item that you get as a reward for exploring rather than a main quest item. zelda games don't have enough secret items and when they do they're usually kind of boring or pointless but this feels like a game where the hookshot could be useful/fun but not mandatory

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
It was reported that you can choose the language in the newest Zelda, but can you do it with Japanese audio and English subtitles? Nope. It's all or nothing.

Nintendo posted:

“In the case of Nintendo Switch, if you change the language of the system, you can change the game to Japanese, but that will change everything to Japanese. Unfortunately, it is not possible to play with English text, for example, and Japanese voices.”

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I didn't think I was going to make an effort to jump off the plateau anywhere specifically, but the more I think about it, the more the opposite direction to Hyrule Castle sounds like a good idea.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Rexroom posted:

It was reported that you can choose the language in the newest Zelda, but can you do it with Japanese audio and English subtitles? Nope. It's all or nothing.

This is why video games will never be respected as an art form in the way that film is.

e: :classiclol:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Rexroom posted:

Damnit. Unironically how I wanted to play.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

My heart goes out to the geeks and gamers obsessed enough with Japanese to want to hear it, but not enough to know how to read it.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

This is why video games will never be respected as an art form in the way that film is.

e: :classiclol:

Art is dumb as Hell. Subjective crap that's a bunch of people with too much time and disposable income arguing over what's good when both things are bad to a sane observer.

So video games are totally art.

Toad King
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I'm the best
I don't understand all the people praising the Japanese VO and calling the English VO mediocre or bad when we've literally heard less than a minute of voice acting in the game so far. Like half of the comments on it I see are people saying the English Zelda doesn't cry well enough which is pretty creepy.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Weeaboos.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Toad King posted:

I don't understand all the people praising the Japanese VO and calling the English VO mediocre or bad when we've literally heard less than a minute of voice acting in the game so far. Like half of the comments on it I see are people saying the English Zelda doesn't cry well enough which is pretty creepy.

I just want to keep link as a silent protagonist as much as I can. I was pretty impressed with the English VO. Just prefer to not play that way. I will and I'm not sad. Just a weird decision. Almost like it never occurred to them that people would want to play that way.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Bombadilillo posted:

I just want to keep link as a silent protagonist as much as I can. I was pretty impressed with the English VO. Just prefer to not play that way. I will and I'm not sad. Just a weird decision. Almost like it never occurred to them that people would want to play that way.

Wait, Link talks now?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Wait, Link talks now?

Yup. Voiced by Troy Baker.

Kfroog
Nov 9, 2012
How fortunate for me, to be enough of a weeaboo that I can read Japanese. Not that there's actually anything wrong with the English voices, from what we've heard so far. I just want to hear both!

Toad King posted:

…people saying the English Zelda doesn't cry well enough which is pretty creepy.
Why is this creepy, though? I don't agree with them in this case, but bad acting is annoying, even if it's limited to just one of several emotions the performer is called on to do.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Detective No. 27 posted:

No it was Verne Troyer.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Detective No. 27 posted:

Good choice imo.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Toad King posted:

As good as some of the voices seem to be in the five seconds worth of japanese voiceover I've heard, I hate the high pitched squealing from Zelda.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
English Zelda's cry is good. The Japanese one wails too much. Well, unless you like your girls sounding like chipmunks during sex, I guess.

To put it another way, "Unless you are into the whole Japanese women are ultra feminine timid creatures who only make high pitched sounds thing."
vvvvvvvvv

GI_Clutch fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jan 21, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

GI_Clutch posted:

English Zelda's cry is good. The Japanese one wails too much. Well, unless you like your girls sounding like chipmunks during sex, I guess.

I... don't think there is any part in the BotW trailer where anyone was having sex.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

ImpAtom posted:

I... don't think there is any part in the BotW trailer where anyone was having sex.

Did you miss the few seconds with the goron?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Viewtiful Jew posted:

HERE IT COMES!

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

Rexroom posted:

Does this work for wii u as well, or only switch?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I was having sex with myself during that part :pervert:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Detective No. 27 posted:

gently caress you say!?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Throughout the game the player will walk past numerous signs. Link will, unprompted by the player, proceed to read those signs out loud and then add in a thoughtful "Hmm..." or a sarcastic "Hm." at the end.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

ImpAtom posted:

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Keiya posted:

So where are you guys going to set out for first? I'm thinking of heading south - I've had enough of cold and snow, between Skyrim and it being January in Wisconsin right now.

Shooting straight for Castle Hyrule just to see if the developer statements that you can just say gently caress it and go to the endgame are true.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Map closeup!

Edit: I'm really interested about the big square/rectangular structures, such as a) at the very top of the map slightly to the left of centre, or b) at the very bottom, due south of the plateau's left edge

Hedrigall fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Jan 21, 2017

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
The 100% speedruns of this game are going to be so fun to watch. Can't wait to see how they break it.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Space T Rex posted:

The 100% speedruns of this game are going to be so fun to watch. Can't wait to see how they break it.

I'd like to see the any%'s honestly if Aonuma's statement of being able to beat the game right out of the starting cave is accurate.

Spider2414
Apr 17, 2013

Toad King posted:

Thing is, it all depends on the reason she's crying. If her whole village just got killed, the Japanese VO is a pretty good wail of despair. If her dog's gone missing, then the English one is better.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I'd like to see the any%'s honestly if Aonuma's statement of being able to beat the game right out of the starting cave is accurate.

I didn't see the statement but my guess is that the end-game will be technically accessible but Link will be woefully unprepared making it near impossible to do immediately. I only guess this because the alternative seems like a poor game design choice. I hope I'm right since obviously the any% runs will brute force their way through the end game right away anyways which is gonna be fun.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Space T Rex posted:

I didn't see the statement but my guess is that the end-game will be technically accessible but Link will be woefully unprepared making it near impossible to do immediately. I only guess this because the alternative seems like a poor game design choice. I hope I'm right since obviously the any% runs will brute force their way through the end game right away anyways which is gonna be fun.

This was the article in question: http://www.polygon.com/e3/2016/6/15/11942652/legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-ending

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Space T Rex posted:

Nearly all of the run is going to be Link riding the horse just to get to places.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Things I must admit before starting Breath of the Wild

I have not played the following Zelda titles :negative:

Console games
Majora's Mask - Not played at all
Windwaker - Got like... 80% of the way through the main story
Skyward Sword - Missed it entirely

Handhelds
Oracle series - Not touched at all. I have them on my 3DS tho.. should play.
Minish Cap - Remember emulating it, but not getting far into it
Spirit Tracks - Like... 90% of the way through it.

Never touched the 4 Swords or TriForce Heroes games.

:negative:

Currently replaying Link Between Worlds on Hero difficulty and it is as fun as it was the first time.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Go play Majora's Mask what the hell.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't like Majora's Mask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

Go play Majora's Mask what the hell.

But like... I'd need a N64 USB controller to emulate it, and I don't really want to buy it on my 3DS