Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Hello everyone, I've not read anything yet and I dont plan to until t-minus 7 hours to lynch. See y'all later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Scum found

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also so we don't have any loving confusion this time around about Emperor Purple Praying Mantis, here's a list of characters and their respective artwork

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

My character is a waify blond wearing sashes and beads

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I promise I won't breadcrumb this gameOR WILL I?!!?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Missed 100 posts not reAding them

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Too many votes on pera already. Bet some of those voting her are scum

Can we just take a moment to appreciate that the bounties of 2017 have already included my wife becoming a goon and this post right here.

Bifauxnen posted:

Was paramene previously known as a different name?

Hi, I'm peramene aka Sara. I'm an assertive and mediocre "mafia community" member now playing in what technically counts as my fifth game. I'm quiet-ish, obnoxious, and thanks to my avatar will have difficulty both not laughing every time I post but also being taken seriously. Which is good, because you should never take a goon seriously, but especially not a Mafia goon, and especially not the two-time 2nd runner-up (aka "first loser") in consecutive forum reality games. The avatar was, uh, earned? as a penalty for ripping out my opponents' hearts in a particularly strange challenge, and artistically speaking is the fantastic work of forums user Allen Wren, who attempted to reach deep into the weird internet and make me a "hosed up" avatar and as he gathered his purchases while he was down there, he happened to walk by my house. I hope this stupid metaphor isn't too obtuse, it's 530am and I'd rather not be awake, but I am stuck this way for the next few minutes and why the hell not introduce myself since I have a minute.

Some have described me as having a "terrifying social game," others have recently called me a "manipulative shithead." Both are fair and true.

I can say with 80% confidence that BK just wanted to have a little laugh at my expense and it got a little outta hand. But it's a big drat game with all kinds of crazy poo poo going on. We should all buckle up though because CPig has one philosophy in life: "If nobody died, then you could handle it."

Kashuno, if you even read this post, hey buddy, but also you owe us a loving painting. How's that for justification for a D1 lynch? Also mostly kidding.

Does this count as a D1 effortpost or am I just trapped in a late morning twilight zone???

:words: No, I'm peramene aka Sara. I'm technically new but I've gained a little bit of notoriety. Hi. BK probably joking, nbd.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tell us your life story why don't you

Jesus

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hi I'm Infinitum, and I'm a piece of sarcastic poo poo who never wants joke phase to end.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Infinitum posted:

Hi I'm Infinitum, and I'm a piece of sarcastic poo poo who never wants joke phase to end.

Can confirm this claim is 100% true

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also I'm actually super nice IRL, so who's the piece of poo poo now?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Still me

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

This is a test, and you're failing horribly

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
INF gently caress YOU SCUM

##vote Inf

get hosed bitchlord rear end bitch gently caress

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Shut up fucknuts

Jesus tits on a stick Kash, why are you riding my silky smooth rear end already?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm sorry about fucknuts

Do you want to be friends, or do you want to yell at each other this game Kash?

I am down to clown either way

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
kash u still mad about jerkcity

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
What's jerkcity

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Kashuno posted:

What's jerkcity

good answer

u scum?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

peramene posted:

BK probably joking, nbd.

can confirm

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Luneth explored the cave and found a strange glowing crystal, before he could examine it, however, A huge Turtle easily four times Luneth's size lurched forward and moved to attack!

A.Use the one shot magic items found earlier in the cave, you have two, but it may take 2 to bring it down and who knows, those might come in handy later.
B.Attack it with the longsword you found in the cave until it dies using potions as needed.
C.Try to reach your mind out to the floating crystal.
D.Run away back to where you fell into the hole and try to climb back out and go tell the village elders there is a giant turtle in the cave.

ENCOUNTERS - You have ONE vote, once it is made you cannot change it.

Voting ends at 3PM Eastern today.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

We should prolly choose A. These things are weak to ice if I remember correctly. Also there's no option to sing a love song to the turtle.

Thanks for the intro paramene, with all those votes outta nowhere I figured I must've been missing some big meta joke.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
JEez I missed the first encounter?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The most straightforward way of defeating this boss is by using the SouthWinds obtainable in this cave, but it can also be defeated with simple attacks, since it's only a strong foe to parties at starting levels.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
B

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
B

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
B

Taste steel you reptilian fiend.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

The most straightforward way of defeating this boss is by using the SouthWinds obtainable in this cave, but it can also be defeated with simple attacks, since it's only a strong foe to parties at starting levels.

B

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Pig, does this day have a deadline?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Aren't we at starting levels though? Also what the heck does c mean? Never played a FF game

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
B, potions are cheap.

Also, ##unvote

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Please don't make me serious post this early B

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
B it is then

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

BottleKnight posted:

i feel like this moat/tobbs/stickup shitposting triad has formed without me even noticing

i must create a shitposting triad of my own with which to do battle

i'm openly recruiting, please post a freeform application itt if you are interested

we will call ourselves the wildcats

blasphemy

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Hmmmm B

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
The longsword was in this cave which means it should be balanced for the encounters in the cave (in theory.) Unless poor Luneth has failed to find enough armor or whatever, we should be fine? But even then, we do have an unspecified number of potions. Can't shake the feeling that will cost us rewards in exchange for the cost of new potions, but we'll just have to see. Makes sense to save the magical items for a boss or something.

B

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

peramene (3): BottleKnight, jon joe, this is a stickup, GulagDolls, BottleKnight, this is a stickup, this is a stickup, Infinitum, jon joe
BottleKnight (2): chaoslord, Bifauxnen
this is a stickup (1): Moatillata
Asiina (1): King Burgundy
Infinitum (1): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Kashuno

Not Voting (11): Absurd Revolver, AnonymousNarcotics, Asiina, BottleKnight, IllegallySober, jon joe, Mithross, Mr. F!, Murmur Twin, peramene, Tobbs Gnawed

With 19 alive, it's 10 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 22nd, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 9 hours.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
wait what the gently caress

##vote moat

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
switch the turbo to that rhyming chucklefuck

Adbot