Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

ArfJason posted:

Yo guys you need to stop carefully combing videos of people you desire to murder frame by frame just to find if the button up shirt is the wrong square pattern colors or whatever obsessive minute detail you love to analyze 1000000hrs of footage for. It is really unhealthy behaviour, and makes you look like weirdos (I'm starting to think it might be more than just looks).
Please, stop doxxing people, stop jerking off to the bad spaceships, stop constantly posting through the entirety of friday nights about how much you want to assassinate with high impact weapons the wife of the bad space dev. I beg you.

I, for one, am glad you are here with us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

ArfJason posted:

Yo guys you need to stop carefully combing videos of people you desire to murder frame by frame just to find if the button up shirt is the wrong square pattern colors or whatever obsessive minute detail you love to analyze 1000000hrs of footage for. It is really unhealthy behaviour, and makes you look like weirdos (I'm starting to think it might be more than just looks).
Please, stop doxxing people, stop jerking off to the bad spaceships, stop constantly posting through the entirety of friday nights about how much you want to assassinate with high impact weapons the wife of the bad space dev. I beg you.

I couldn't agree more

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

ArfJason posted:

stop constantly posting through the entirety of friday nights about how much you want to assassinate with high impact weapons the wife of the bad space dev.

Sounds p hot imo

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

Who the actual skateboarding gently caress are Kiwifarms????? What does this have to do with anything???

Why am i using many question marks???

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

ArfJason posted:

Well done on dealing with Kiwi Forums or whatever ArfJason, you truly are an goon hero!

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

spacetoaster posted:

The Bell of Big Ben

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Hey guys, you can stop sending me boxes with decapitated animals and grafitting "SHITIZEN HERE [swastika] DONALD TRUMP". I wanted you all to become normal, but you doubled down and doxxed me, all because im telling you youre hosed up for reading 4000 word fanfiction, reading so much star citizen reddit you remember usernames and their history, and watch every second of every star citizen video stream to go LMAO!! at whether the right codec was used or how you cant loving believe they are using the wrong kind of lapel mic.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

spacetoaster posted:

LOL that should have been his av

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

ArfJason posted:

Hey guys, you can stop sending me boxes with decapitated animals and grafitting "SHITIZEN HERE [swastika] DONALD TRUMP". I wanted you all to become normal, but you doubled down and doxxed me, all because im telling you youre hosed up for reading 4000 word fanfiction, reading so much star citizen reddit you remember usernames and their history, and watch every second of every star citizen video stream to go LMAO!! at whether the right codec was used or how you cant loving believe they are using the wrong kind of lapel mic.

lol tired of pedo land?

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
when fyad pedos are the threads entertainment, you know the thread is at a low

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Kakarot posted:

lol tired of pedo land?

?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Kakarot posted:

when fyad pedos

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

zen death robot posted:

If you have real, actual evidence of this I need you to send it to me asap. Failure to do so will result in a ban because accusations like this without proof are incredibly toxic.

Don't worry, I'm used to getting called a pedophile in the star citizen thread. I'm sure if you search the subforum for "pedophile" you'll find them.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

zen death robot posted:

If you have real, actual evidence of this I need you to send it to me asap. Failure to do so will result in a ban because accusations like this without proof are incredibly toxic.

Don't do it Kakarot, it's a trap! When you show him the proof he'll ban you for doxxing!

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

zen death robot posted:

Not that I disagree that those posts are dumb, but we're also saying that accusing posters of wanting to kill people's families is cool and good?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I'm sure they called inri a pedo too but im not gonna wade through the trash that is this subforum's history

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Chalks posted:

Not that I disagree that those posts are dumb, but we're also saying that accusing posters of wanting to kill people's families is cool and good?

For real, Arf keeps accusing everyone in here of doxxing and harassing him and has provided zero evidence to back it up.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Lots of bold claims ITT

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
chill normal post:

Kakarot posted:

fail retard who is probably a pederast:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

zen death robot posted:

I've had a lovely week so I'm not in the mood to gently caress around either so don't bother playing dumbass games with me.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3727695&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post446975329

Idk if it's true or not, but people are basing it of this

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

The mod that banned him said it.

*edit* or whoever writes that stuff, I don't know.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

You're a dumb poo poo

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

You're a dumb poo poo

Hey man, I'm not accusing INRI of anything, ZDR asked why people were accusing him

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Not an accusation, but maybe he's talking about himself, like the time he tried getting a free avatar in FYAD: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3697983&pagenumber=4&perpage=40#post441282487

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Kakarot posted:

I.N.R.I is the pedo-antisemit. ArfJason is the doxxer-racist.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

But I guess only one of these warrant a ban.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

zen death robot posted:

The reason we're harsh about this specific accusation is because the crime is extremely heinous and can ruin someones reputation beyond repair and if true - needs to be reported to authorities. We don't appreciate false bullshit making it difficult to tell reality from fiction. Callouts have resulted in actual pedo's getting banned re: Bob From Accounting, etc.

Thanks for clarifying. I understand that that poo poo needs to be taken seriously and you don't want to be trying to spot actual accusations from amongst a sea of dumb bullshit.

I also imagine you're not personally responsible for drawing the line between that and stalking/murder/other serious stuff so I won't ask you to debate it (unless you feel like it)

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

^^^ You maybe should have read the rest of the thread before posting that...

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Zzr posted:

Life was so much easier when it was just Ben Lesnick and his website.

dionysian
Dec 30, 2012

Zzr posted:

Actually, I don't believe either of those are true.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Zzr posted:

Zzr posted:

But I guess only one of these warrant a ban.

All of them are bannable, one of them cannot be joked about.

Probably not much point dying on this particular hill.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Part 2 of that German article is up. SC specific HOTAS is cancelled unless logitech makes a new deal. They lie about the reason it didnt come out. It didn't come out because you cant design a game specific HOTAS if the basic mechanics or controls are not even remotely finalized. It held it up for years. Logitech buying Saitek just finished it off.

quote:

Here is a quick translation of the interesting bits of the interview with Chris Roberts released today at Gamestar. The article at Gamestar is behind a paywall (for maybe 2-3 weeks from now). So the source isn't accessible, but for formalities, here is the link: http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/star-citizen/artikel/star_citizen,48820,3308151.html
Free translation what C.R. said: The custom Star Citizen Hotas is currently on hold. Since Logitech bought Saitek, the communication is very slow. Because they made the Hotas together with Saitek, Logitech can't use it without CIG. They have to make a new deal and if this doesn't happen, they have to find a new partner and start from scratch. It's really disappointing because they put much effort into this.
Reworked turrets for 3.0
C.R. admits that there is currently nearly no advantage of manning the conni with 5 people against 5 people with a Freelancer (bad example ;D. Would have said Hornets or Sabers), but this is of course planned to change. In the future ship systems get damaged and have to be repaired. In a fight that could mean, that you live longer. In the current alpha, the connie gets destroyed pretty quick even if there are only 2 enemies. This will change. In the future, big ships will take much more longer to blow up. But this means that you also need more people. For example: One controls the ship, the other the turret and another one extinguishes fire. This sort of gameplay is one of the biggest things, which we want in 3.0.
For players who want to play alone: We have NPC's. But you have to pay them so that not everyone is flying with a huge ship with npc's through the verse. NPC's play a big role already in Squadron 42. They develop them so that they can fill out a specific role on a ship. But they aren't included in 3.0. But maybe they get them in the game with another Patch for 3.0 (not sure if he means 3.0.1 or 3.1).
Gamestar asks when does C.R. personally want S42 to release. C.R.: "2017, but not early this year".
Gamestar asks what C.R. is looking forward to in 2017. Answer: S42 and 3.0. They both are huge milestones. And especially S42 will leave a deep impression. With this he means especially the characters wich you will meet. Players are allowed to spend time with characters and when the story is accelerating to the end, you should know who you like and who not. And if something sad happens with characters it has an emotional impact on you.
If the first Episode is ready, it will be much easier to produce more content and improve the graphics.
Small Spoiler In the first episode you will not be on/in one of the big Vanduul ships (of course you will battling them. Just no boarding etc.). But this will change in the 2 next Episodes. This is also the reason why they have to build the interior.
Other games after S42 are already planned. These Stories could be about other cool characters beside the military that may have already be seen in the lore. For example Kid Crimson.
Gamestar asks, how cities like Terra Prime will work in 3.0. C.R. answers: Some time ago when people extracted files from the game, Terra Prime should be only allowed to be flying at from a specific angle. Because of this, areas near the "road" where highly detailed and further away objects not. But this changed. Now you can fly to Terra Prime from every angle (over Terra Prime still with restricted paths). But this means that the city has to be fully detailed and fleshed out.
For cities, they are working on architecture-sets. With them, the artist can "paint" whole house blocks. They are working on tools that allow them to fill planets real quick. They are of course still developing these tools. With these tools in place, there will be many extra locations and adventures to experience. For example, you crash on a planet and have to survive a whole day on this planet and the ecosystem until someone receives your signal and rescues you. This is the reason why C.R. thinks that the fps, flying and planets will work perfectly together and will offer the players an experience like in no other game.
Gamestar is curious about the underwater world. C.R. says that this is an interesting idea and that this was already discussed internally but they want to release the game first before working on that. But you will definitely be able to swim. And there will be boats and some ships will be landable on the water.
With the new A.I. planned for 3.0 there may be nps'c at grimhex that will kill people who kill other people without a reason. That is needed because even as an outlaw you don't want to get shot instantly when you leave the station. (maybe similar to the security at olissar). There will be a combination out of green Zones where weapons are deactivated and areas where NPC's enforce rules. Unsocial behaviour will be more difficult. There will be a bounty on bad people with the new reputation system (correct translation? german: Rufsystem). To make ganking more unattractive there will be a combination out of economic factors and gameplay.
insurance will not always give you instantly a new ship after blowing up. Maybe after 2, 3 times you have to wait. And bigger ships will always take longer. You have to watch out for your ship and it should have consequences when blowing up, especially through stupid behaviour.
In the future you can mark yourself for pvp-action so that in some zones you can get attacked and attack other.
People will have an impact on the verse. As soon as the universe is functioning, there will be big ingame events that can form the universe. When players are doing something or orgs are battling, they see this and react. This goes so far, that they want gamemasters that can start events. They want news broadcasts about current events even with live-mocap. That is his ultimate dream for the game.
New ships will be introduced through ingame events like the Intergalactic Aerospace Expo. There will be official races and Sataball matches (Sataball after 3.0)
With 3.0 and the planets, the most part is done (underlying tech)
Edit: The author also analysed the stretch-goals. He mad a list and added a comment on it. I will not copy or translate the list because I think this isn't really interesting and if I remember correctly this is already done by the community somewhere. But the summary from this analysis is: * 32 goals reached * 31 goals partially fulfilled or currently in work * 48 goals not yet in work or no info on them * 1 goal (100 Systems on release) maybe not doable (Subjective assessment)

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Don't forgot Arf's"hilarious" attempt to pretend he was being doxxed because he had nothing better to do, I guess...

Epic Tane
Jan 15, 2017

by zen death robot

Kakarot posted:

lmfao

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Part 2 of that German article is up. SC specific HOTAS is cancelled unless logitech makes a new deal. They lie about the reason it didnt come out. It didn't come out because you cant design a game specific HOTAS if the basic mechanics or controls are not even remotely finalized. It held it up for years. Logitech buying Saitek just finished it off.

This is actually good for Bitcoin

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

A lot of first time posters coming into this thread. Welcome!

Allow me to seduce you with our wares!

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I've clearly not been following this thread closely enough because you've dropped the SC backer parody and are actually posting good poo poo now. I did a double take when I saw this post.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

spacetoaster posted:

A lot of first time posters coming into this thread. Welcome!

Allow me to seduce you with our wares!

I like this one

spacetoaster posted:

This is funny coming from the MoMA stalker. lol.

Is the pedophile guy too scared to come in here and say that now?

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

Zzr posted:

ArfJason is the doxxer-racist.

Just a quick aside: i read a statistic on penis size by country one time and the avererage penis lengh in argentinia is 14.88 centimeters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

ArfJason posted:

I like this one

That is a good one. I also like the one where the guy who begged for an avatar from a forum he hates and got probated for it still holds that grudge from 2 years ago.