Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I wish we had a straight up ladies' alliance scum team that would be the best day of my life.

Then again, I suppose I can only say that I'm not on such an amazing scum team, which would be such a drat shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I hate these auspol shitposters. I can never read any of them.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I have an irrational aversion to people calling things "town slapfights"

I had a town slapfight with Max in ferngully mafia and he won as scum in LYLO.

Yes it was traumatizing. As an aside Asiina is posting and posty Asiina is usually not scum Asiina.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Infinitum posted:

Called you scum? Nah.

Also link the time I did this Liar McLiar pants

it's not cool to talk about ongoing games :colbert:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Asiina posted:

I hate these auspol shitposters. I can never read any of them.

Up your meta game.

Break out the S word

DEEZ NUTS

this is a stickup posted:

it's not cool to talk about ongoing games :colbert:

Oh you mean that game with TOTALLY DIFFERENT CIRCUMSTANCES WHERE YOU hosed UP AND MADE IT EASY TO LYNCH YOUR ARSE?

Yeah OK. That is def the same as me tunnelling the gently caress out of you.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
it is clearly the same: I am town and you are scum!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

uh

you wanna like show your work, or

step 1. Read posts by Bif
step 2. see every post is empty as gently caress despite Bif trying really hard
step 3. vote Bif

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

jon joe posted:

step 1. Read posts by Bif
step 2. see every post is empty as gently caress despite Bif trying really hard
step 3. vote Bif

This is bif

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Except you're being far less angry about me tunnelling you, and far more reactionary to what I'm saying.

Like you're trying to spin spin spin away scumbo.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
CPig edit the first event so that Infinitum jams the turtle up his butt so we can rationalize how mad he is. It will fit in with his self-imposed posting restriction that he roleplays every single game.

Chillfinitum

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Moatillata posted:

This is bif

meta arguments are dumb

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Stick-up is scum though lol

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Infinitum posted:

Except you're being far less angry about me tunnelling you, and far more reactionary to what I'm saying.

Like you're trying to spin spin spin away scumbo.

I wasn't angry about it last time. I thought you played well

it's honestly more strange to me that you're trying to make this a thing right now

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Okay, I'm gonna jump up in here.

Why?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

remember that time when you were all MY META and saying things like "stickup knows MY META so well that him voting me is actually a tell"

cuts both ways, chief

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

jon joe posted:

Okay, I'm gonna jump up in here.

Why?

inf is being inf, tobbs is trying to ensure he doesn't get lynched D1 by siding with inf

this is tobbs' actual meta

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

inf is being inf, tobbs is trying to ensure he doesn't get lynched D1 by siding with inf

jon joe posted:

meta arguments are dumb

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

jon joe posted:

meta arguments are dumb

:v:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I did not make any kind of argument

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

:yeah:

I actually agree with Bif. pretty sure asiina just latched onto the only real read she could get. If anything, KB's rebuttal feels like it bit a little too hard, but I don't think it was scummy.

i lied

i just wanted to seem agreeable :smith:

but I do seriously agree with bif. that feels like a town on town slapfight.

Stick-up all over the place and cares only about how he's perceived. this is a scum

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

I quoted your scummy post first lol, Infinitum just saw what I did and bolded it.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Stick-up all over the place and cares only about how he's perceived. this is a scum

none of those posts are disagreeable with one another, when, you know, taken as a whole

in context

you know, that thing that lets you read posts for more than just the words

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

seriousvote time ##vote todds

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

jon joe posted:

Bif trying really hard

wrong

idiot

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

wrong

idiot

?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
bif please save me from these hooligans

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

jon joe posted:

none of those posts are disagreeable with one another, when, you know, taken as a whole

in context

you know, that thing that lets you read posts for more than just the words

Saying something doesn't make it true. Just like I read Bif and nothing jumped out at me about him.

Stickers, though, is a scumbo. Get back to me if you have an explanation that's more than an unsupported statement.

##vote this is a stickup

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

seriousvote time ##vote todds

I'm sorry the pressure is on you, and you're trying to redirect the pressure unsuccessfully.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

I am saying my recollection of you as town is that you do not participate in jokephase. I don't have any specific memories of you as scum participating or not participating in jokephase, but that doesn't change that I find the way you participated here to be different from how you usually do and I consider that odd and enough for an early D1 vote in a game with exceedingly little content.

I'm once again not going to scour games to find one in which you are town where you did not participate in jokephase but instead went straight into really playing because I know the argument against that is just going to be that "there was content in this game to go on, but there wasn't here." or you'll accuse me of cherry picking so I would have to find a lot of examples. I can't prove a negative wherein I show you NOT doing something, I'm just going based on my impression.

Again if you can show me an example of you, as town, shitposting it up with the rest of a shitposting thread, I will unvote. I'm willing to be wrong here, but I don't think I am.

I do agree though that I don't know that any of this will lead to a lynch for either of us but I am very interested in people giving opinions on this argument. It is actual content, time to weigh in shitposters.

Alright, my desire to prove someone wrong on the internet was too strong.

A selection of some oldies and some newies:
DS9 mafia, which you ran -- I only posted jokey/non game related content(although one of my jokes was a breadcrumb) until the game came out of joke phase. I was town.
Dragonball Z mafia - Participated quite a bit in the early joke phase I was around for. I was town.
FU mafia, which you ran -- I slept through most of joke phase, but participated in jokes early on while not doing any true casing or the like(only voted for lurkers). I was town.
FF2 mafia -- I was joking right off the bat, but game had a very short joke phase. I was town.
Cat Lady mafia, which you ran -- I participated in the entirety of jokephase, got ended fairly early. Once it ended, I shifted into normal mode. I was town, and a good cat.

----

FWIW, The only pattern I can see in my own games is, if I'm around for joke phase, I participate in it. If I'm not, I don't. Example of the latter is Shine I. I missed the entire early game so by the time I started posting there was real content to examine. The only games I seem to get serious from the get go in/end joke phase early are the games where there is something serious to talk about due to the style of game it is. An example of this is League 3. There were the zones we could move to and vote on which gave me serious stuff to talk about right away.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Like I legit feel bad about this Stickup, but I am sensing very very strong scum vibes from you while I was reading the thread on catchup.

So I gotta do the right thing here man and make sure you're lynched D1.

I've claimed already. Like feel free to look up Emperor Purple David Bowie in the wiki.
I'm comfortable in my position enough that I can do that.

You are flailing like so many dying fish on the pier of a dock

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I have an irrational aversion to people calling things "town slapfights"

I had a town slapfight with Max in ferngully mafia and he won as scum in LYLO.

Yes it was traumatizing. As an aside Asiina is posting and posty Asiina is usually not scum Asiina.

Yeah, or the people calling it a town slapfight are scum who know it is.

---

Asiina did skip the early game, and her content since she came back, from my perspective is based on fake opinions.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

jon joe posted:

meta arguments are dumb

Really? So how about that Asiina then?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

To be clear, are you saying this is Tobbs scum meta?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Infinitum posted:

Like I legit feel bad about this Stickup, but I am sensing very very strong scum vibes from you while I was reading the thread on catchup.

So I gotta do the right thing here man and make sure you're lynched D1.

You are flailing like so many dying fish on the pier of a dock

I don't like either of these posts

it's too premature to say I was all over the place or flailing. these opinions aren't real.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, or the people calling it a town slapfight are scum who know it is.

---

Asiina did skip the early game, and her content since she came back, from my perspective is based on fake opinions.

Hence my question, scum or just stubborn? People can be wrong and still town, but you're right it was a weak set of statements to which she stuck. I could see it as a scum play if she expected you to just roll over.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

My experience of Stick as scum was him staying out of the limelight as long as he could and then playing super smart and making amazing claims.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

King Burgundy posted:

To be clear, are you saying this is Tobbs scum meta?

tobbs doesn't like being lynched D1, as he has a tendency to be. tobbs is leaning scum for me, not so much for meta reasons, but I don't have any strong reads yet

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

I don't like either of these posts

it's too premature to say I was all over the place or flailing. these opinions aren't real.

I agree with Bif.

I was lying just trying to seem agreeable.

I actually agree with Bif.

That's what you said, in that order.

It's a real opinion because anyone with reading comprehension should see the same thing. Unless you want to provide an alternative explanation? :allears:

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Saying something doesn't make it true. Just like I read Bif and nothing jumped out at me about him.

Stickers, though, is a scumbo. Get back to me if you have an explanation that's more than an unsupported statement.

##vote this is a stickup

Okay let me break this down for you, then.

You see this post you quoted?

i lied

i just wanted to seem agreeable :smith:

Your argument is, "Stick-up all over the place and cares only about how he's perceived."

My argument is, "It's a joke post"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

King Burgundy posted:

My experience of Stick as scum was him staying out of the limelight as long as he could and then playing super smart and making amazing claims.

I think that's what he was attempting to do by saying something and backing off of it. It kinda backfired.

tobbs doesn't like being lynched D1, as he has a tendency to be. tobbs is leaning scum for me, not so much for meta reasons, but I don't have any strong reads yet

What are you trying to say here? Post-hoc justification for your vote? Read what you wrote again, you said nothing of substance.

• Locked thread