Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

pull the network cable out, blow on it, and stick it back in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gropemotron
Feb 20, 2011

Another dimension, new galaxy
I just started playing this again after a few months absence, and I looked in my garage and my most expensive car was missing from it. It's only a Turismo R with all the upgrades, but thats most of the money I've made in the game. Mors Insurance doesn't do anything, and Rockstar support says they can't verify I bought it.

I'm seriously annoyed by this.

Is this a common bug? I saw posts about this from 2014 but I figured this issue would be resolved by now.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

SplitSoul posted:

Specter is the most fun car to drive since the Tropos.

Anybody know if the Tempesta is a worthy investment? My friend is thinking of buying it since he wants a Lambo.

It's decent, so long as you keep in mind you're buying it for style and flash, not mindblowing performance. It's not gonna be a super competitive race car, but you can make it look like the Huracan Super Trofeo, which fuckin owns.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

gropemotron posted:

I just started playing this again after a few months absence, and I looked in my garage and my most expensive car was missing from it. It's only a Turismo R with all the upgrades, but thats most of the money I've made in the game. Mors Insurance doesn't do anything, and Rockstar support says they can't verify I bought it.

I'm seriously annoyed by this.

Is this a common bug? I saw posts about this from 2014 but I figured this issue would be resolved by now.
I lost a Tropos Rallye recently this way, too. I just assumed Rockstar support wouldn't be able to help.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

T1g4h posted:

It's decent, so long as you keep in mind you're buying it for style and flash, not mindblowing performance. It's not gonna be a super competitive race car, but you can make it look like the Huracan Super Trofeo, which fuckin owns.

He hates racing, so that's fine. Thanks.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I get net split all the time. My problem now is my goddamn cargobob keeps dropping cars for some reason :argh:

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

It's almost like this game is ... bad?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Not that I thought it would but a new video card certainly doesn't make me any better, just makes dying look prettier. Sure is nice going from low graphics/no shadows to high graphics/shadows on though.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Soulex posted:

I get net split all the time. My problem now is my goddamn cargobob keeps dropping cars for some reason :argh:

If you aren't hosting the session, you're going to get cargobob drops every now and then because Rockstar

if I solo cars, never a drop for hours on end. Join a friend to try and help them, sorry I just dropped a car into a ravine.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

T1g4h posted:

I thought Tempesta was considered the 2nd or 3rd best racing Super.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

qbert posted:

I thought Tempesta was considered the 2nd or 3rd best racing Super.

gently caress if I know, i'm speaking from personal driving experience here. It doesn't handle particularly well and it feels somewhat heavy and understeer prone. I'm sure Broughy has a video on it, but from ~*`my own personal experience driving mine~*~ i wouldn't consider it a super competitive car or pick it over, say, the T20 / FMJ / etc

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

T1g4h posted:

gently caress if I know, i'm speaking from personal driving experience here. It doesn't handle particularly well and it feels somewhat heavy and understeer prone. I'm sure Broughy has a video on it, but from ~*`my own personal experience driving mine~*~ i wouldn't consider it a super competitive car or pick it over, say, the T20 / FMJ / etc

Yeah, I'm not really a big racer myself but I quite enjoy how it handles and of course that classic design is aces.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Cage posted:

Umm yes I will probably buy this.

The Specter is really good because the Benny's upgrade lets you put the exhaust right behind and above the front tires like the Stirling GT, another excellent car.

Also it sounds awesome.

It's too bad the Diabolus feels slower then the Defiler and Akuma, it looks so good :( The exhaust rarely flames out, too :argh:

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
heyo, how active is the ps4 group? I recently upgraded from ps3 and was looking for some new people to do fun stuff with since most of my current crew is still on ps3

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
The Tempesta drives pretty nice, you just need to learn when to release throttle for a short bit the right moment. It stops being squirrely while keeping momentum. That said, I miss my FMJ, which I sold for the Tempesta. I can't be assed to grind any money to get it back, tho.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

What is the super car to get to win races now? I kinda now am getting money now that I bought a cargobob and I want something to work towards. I don't want a ruiner quite yet, because I am 1) on xbox and 2) have no friends so...yeah...

I am thinking about switching to PS4 though.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Switch to PC you fool. Also RE-7B is still the fastest from what I can tell. Zentorno or Turismo R to be competitive on a budget.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

various cheeses posted:

Switch to PC you fool. Also RE-7B is still the fastest from what I can tell. Zentorno or Turismo R to be competitive on a budget.

I'm on a mac or else I would have bought it already.

Thanks. I liked how the Zentorno handled so maybe that one

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
If you want to spend fat stacks of cash & not have the same exact car as everyone else in any given race (looking at you, RE-7B), you can go with a Tyrus, Itali GTB, ETR1, or a Tempesta the besta!

Tempesta & ETR1 IMO handle the best of all the super cars, while the others I mentioned are strictly fast & ridiculous.

TBQH most of the supers that I've bought/drove seem to be pretty close to each other in regards to performance, so driving skill is 100% more important than having the nicest super car.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

TBQH most of the supers that I've bought/drove seem to be pretty close to each other in regards to performance, so driving skill is 100% more important than having the nicest super car.

This is absolutely the case. With only a few exceptions (e.g. the Bullet and I think the Voltic) all supers are competitive as long as you drive well. Especially as your average pubbie doesn't realize there's more than "accelerate pedal = go faster". Gotta love getting called a hacker because you keep beating their RE-7B in a Sultan RS :laugh:

Icedude fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jan 21, 2017

titties
May 10, 2012

i flunked out posted:

heyo, how active is the ps4 group? I recently upgraded from ps3 and was looking for some new people to do fun stuff with since most of my current crew is still on ps3

Soulex posted:

I am thinking about switching to PS4 though.

We play the bad game sometimes on ps4.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

titties posted:

We play the bad game sometimes on ps4.

Sweet, is lljk still the crew most people use? I'm still repping the Weazel Action News Crew

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I want to get back into weasel news. I finally got a goddamn recording set up with mic and no news to report. :negative:

titties
May 10, 2012

i flunked out posted:

Sweet, is lljk still the crew most people use? I'm still repping the Weazel Action News Crew

Yeah but it doesn't matter all that much since most of us are on each others' friend lists.

Soulex posted:

I want to get back into weasel news. I finally got a goddamn recording set up with mic and no news to report. :negative:

The secret is that you have to make up the news just like in real life.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

i flunked out posted:

I don't know what it is, but there has been a noticeable uptick in PS4 Goon Theft Auto activity in the last couple weeks. JSprague24, send me a friend request.

Were you were the guy I rode around in the helicopter with after initially being shot at in the vineyard by your copilot until I went Passive on like Tuesday?

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

titties posted:

Yeah but it doesn't matter all that much since most of us are on each others' friend lists.

The secret is that you have to make up the news just like in real life.

SA is fake news.

pech
Jul 19, 2004

https://youtu.be/Jtz1juSeOWA

What is this

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

On today's episode of weird poo poo spawned by a modder:

It worked exactly as you'd expect.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I really just want to watch a video of a modder chasing a dude and having stuff spawn in front of him like that.

I usually discourage hacking but stuff like that would be entertaining.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
So who is MadeoutofMeat? He in LLJK. Decided to grief me pretty hard for no reason. Jumped servers. He followed me using the "Join Crew members" option presumably, and griefed me some more during some MC work. Wouldn't respond to messages. Pretty loving uncool of him.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jan 23, 2017

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
I think somebody is salty...

You're famous coupe!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Between crewmates, a mugger or mercenary call in jest is fun. A crewmate repeatedly griefing another crewmate that's trying to do their risky MC work is beyond the pale.

Cry salt all you want. Some people just can't play well with others and maybe shouldn't be given the benefits of a community. You know what I mean.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Jan 23, 2017

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Zesty Crab Legs posted:

Between crewmates, a mugger or mercenary call in jest is fun. A crewmate repeatedly griefing another crewmate that's trying to do their risky MC work is beyond the pale.

Cry salt all you want. Some people just can't play well with others and maybe shouldn't be given the benefits of a community. You know what I mean.

I wasn't actually talking about you, dude. I have no idea who it was that decided to go after you, but it seems like the people who admin the crew should probably look into it.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Zesty Crab Legs posted:

So who is MadeoutofMeat? He in LLJK. Decided to grief me pretty hard for no reason. Jumped servers. He followed me using the "Join Crew members" option presumably, and griefed me some more during some MC work. Wouldn't respond to messages. Pretty loving uncool of him.

I joined a sesh and he randomly sent Mercs after me as well. Thanks for the free Merryweather Mesa I guess?

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

You're famous coupe!

pls post the rest tia

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

coupedeville posted:

pls post the rest tia

That's all I got. :shrug:

Also,

I'm not sure but it's coming 'round again!

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!
I also told them that i'm their worst nightmare and their mothers creamiest dream and I told them my uncle works at Rockstar and they're all getting banned :classiclol:

the fact that I got an honorable mention in their discord brings a smile to my face and tears of joy in my eyes

thx bucky :allears:

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

coupedeville posted:

I also told them that i'm their worst nightmare and their mothers creamiest dream and I told them my uncle works at Rockstar and they're all getting banned :classiclol:

the fact that I got an honorable mention in their discord brings a smile to my face and tears of joy in my eyes

thx bucky :allears:

Anytime coupedad.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I like that he went through the effort of blacking out the name but judging by that in game chat log compared to the Discord screenshot it's very obviously RDS128 :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Zesty Crab Legs posted:

Some people just can't play well with others and maybe shouldn't be given the benefits of a community. You know what I mean.

:drat:

but yeah, somebody needs to get the boot if they're doing that to multiple people, regardless of how successful it is

• Locked thread