Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

Really? So how about that Asiina then?

idgaf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

this is a stickup posted:

I don't like either of these posts

it's too premature to say I was all over the place or flailing. these opinions aren't real.

You're not meant to like them, they're explicitly calling you scum.

There's nothing FOR you to like about them

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

King Burgundy posted:

My experience of Stick as scum was him staying out of the limelight as long as he could and then playing super smart and making amazing claims.

tobbs recently said that I am quite familiar with his playstyle, which is true to an extent, but he is also very familiar with the way I play. probably more than I am his, as I like playing his games and either shoot the poo poo in scumdoc or pm him to complain about things

his read on me is not an opinion he's made based on the thread

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I agree with Bif.

I was lying just trying to seem agreeable.

I actually agree with Bif.

That's what you said, in that order.

It's a real opinion because anyone with reading comprehension should see the same thing. Unless you want to provide an alternative explanation? :allears:
I was joking with bif, who threw a vote out in the post right above it.

it's hilarious that you used the words "reading comprehension" to help your case though

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

jon joe posted:

Okay let me break this down for you, then.

You see this post you quoted?

Your argument is, "Stick-up all over the place and cares only about how he's perceived."

My argument is, "It's a joke post"

He said he lied after getting called out by Bif (saying INF was right).

Who changes their opinions just because someone puts pressure on them?

Scum

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Scum

Oh my loving god

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Infinitum posted:

You're not meant to like them, they're explicitly calling you scum.

There's nothing FOR you to like about them

I liked a lot of the posts you made in demon whatever. I liked a lot of the posts a lot of people made in shine 3

those posts are bad.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Scum

lmao

did you even read why he said that

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

tobbs recently said that I am quite familiar with his playstyle, which is true to an extent, but he is also very familiar with the way I play. probably more than I am his, as I like playing his games and either shoot the poo poo in scumdoc or pm him to complain about things

his read on me is not an opinion he's made based on the thread

it's hilarious that you used the words "reading comprehension" to help your case though

Explain this, I'll read your expansion of this thought when I wake up.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm pretty sure she didn't vote.

Bifauxnen posted:

!

holy poo poo, Inf's on to something

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
this can't be a real opinion that tobbs has

always kill tobbs

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

King Burgundy posted:

I'm pretty sure she didn't vote.

you're right, I attributed jj's vote to her

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I honestly do not understand these day one circlejerks. Every single thread everybody's tossing poo poo around and I mean I've seen it grab scum day 1 okay cool but it seems like a LOT of work to bounce around all over the place and make hundreds of posts and then eventually nobody gets loving anywhere

which is exactly what I would want the thread to be constantly if I were scum

so

see ya'll for the next encounter

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

Alright, my desire to prove someone wrong on the internet was too strong.

A selection of some oldies and some newies:
DS9 mafia, which you ran -- I only posted jokey/non game related content(although one of my jokes was a breadcrumb) until the game came out of joke phase. I was town.
Dragonball Z mafia - Participated quite a bit in the early joke phase I was around for. I was town.
FU mafia, which you ran -- I slept through most of joke phase, but participated in jokes early on while not doing any true casing or the like(only voted for lurkers). I was town.
FF2 mafia -- I was joking right off the bat, but game had a very short joke phase. I was town.
Cat Lady mafia, which you ran -- I participated in the entirety of jokephase, got ended fairly early. Once it ended, I shifted into normal mode. I was town, and a good cat.

----

FWIW, The only pattern I can see in my own games is, if I'm around for joke phase, I participate in it. If I'm not, I don't. Example of the latter is Shine I. I missed the entire early game so by the time I started posting there was real content to examine. The only games I seem to get serious from the get go in/end joke phase early are the games where there is something serious to talk about due to the style of game it is. An example of this is League 3. There were the zones we could move to and vote on which gave me serious stuff to talk about right away.

I think you were stretching with some of those, but the DBZ one is straight up shitposting so I'm convinced. Withdrawn ##unvote

I am a little sad because now I have to pay attention to this garbage that Inf, stickup, JJ, and tobbs do in every game where they call each other scum based on zero casework whatsoever and it's impossible to follow.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

BottleKnight (2): chaoslord, Bifauxnen
Bifauxnen (2): Kashuno, jon joe
this is a stickup (2): Moatillata, Moatillata, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Infinitum, Tobbs Gnawed
Moatillata (1): this is a stickup, Tobbs Gnawed, IllegallySober, King Burgundy, IllegallySober, Tobbs Gnawed, Murmur Twin, King Burgundy, this is a stickup
peramene (1): BottleKnight, jon joe, this is a stickup, GulagDolls, BottleKnight, this is a stickup, this is a stickup, Infinitum, jon joe, this is a stickup, Infinitum
Tobbs Gnawed (1): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, this is a stickup
Asiina (1): King Burgundy, King Burgundy, IllegallySober, IllegallySober, King Burgundy
Kashuno (1): BottleKnight
King Burgundy (0): Asiina, Asiina
Infinitum (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Kashuno, Kashuno, jon joe, jon joe, this is a stickup, this is a stickup
Murmur Twin (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed

Not Voting (8): Absurd Revolver, AnonymousNarcotics, Asiina, IllegallySober, Mithross, Moatillata, Mr. F!, peramene

With 19 alive, it's 10 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 22nd, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST -- that's in about 22 hours, 44 minutes.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Like is it just me? I find I can't follow what they are even arguing for or against 90% of the time.

Please someone who is calling someone else scum make a coherent case that involves actual content.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Hey, have you heard?

The merchants who just came into town said that we'd be getting a big effort case soon!!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yeah can't wait for a 1 line GD effort case.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Yeah can't wait for a 1 line GD effort case.
holy poo poo...is this guy serious...theres going to be an effort case? :staredog:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Asiina posted:

Like is it just me? I find I can't follow what they are even arguing for or against 90% of the time.

Please someone who is calling someone else scum make a coherent case that involves actual content.

let me lay it out for you

1. inf has decided to blindly tunnel me
2. tobbs has manufactured a case against me out of nothing (because there is no case to be made)
3. that's why I'm voting tobbs
4. jj is correct about everything

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
stickup is scum.. its p obvious by now. He is fighting waaaay to hard

##vote sticky

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

yeah I wouldn't be mad about choosing stickup since that was pretty suss with him actually backing up something I said and all. I like to joke about anyone agreeing with me being scummy, but it often does turn out that when I didn't take it seriously, they were scum.

HOWEVER

I think Tobbs's particular case for stickup is even more scummy! The whole thing read as an obvious joke to me, especially since it was clarified right after. Like why would a scum even go there?

...then again, scum could probably come up with a more subtle and insidious case than some poo poo like: "look, Stickup said he agreed, then said he lied, then said no wait he was serious all along, and jokes do not exist so CONTRADICTION SPOTTED!"

gently caress it I'm gonna just leave my vote on BK for now

4. jj is correct about everything

well not everything :mad:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bif.

You better not be scum.

Or I'm not signing up to Jojo Part 4 Mafs

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
##vote Kash

This feels right.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Infinitum posted:

Bif.

You better not be scum.

Or I'm not signing up to Jojo Part 4 Mafs

whoah that is uncalled for

you're gonna disappoint some people you know

when i flip town :v:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I already called the scum team idiots

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Real talk come Monday I'll actually read this

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kashuno posted:

Real talk come Monday I'll actually read this

Real talk you're dumb and I hate you

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Double real talk, the gently caress is going on with CYOMusical Mafia Asiina?

Scumdoc distracting you?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Real talk you're dumb and I hate you

ok

Infinitum posted:

Double real talk, the gently caress is going on with CYOMusical Mafia Asiina?

Scumdoc distracting you?

stfu take it to gen disc

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kashuno posted:

stfu take it to gen disc

I'll take you... TO THE MAT LITTLE MAN

http://i.imgur.com/7cV12bU.mp4

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
don't doxx me inf wtf.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Holy moly so many posts

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mr. F! posted:

Holy moly so many posts

:agreed:

I was planning on spending today crap posting but I guess I will actually be playing mafs today after church

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Luneth tells Elder Topapa of the happenings in the cave and Topapa told Luneth the tale of the prophecized Light Warriors and tasked Luneth with finding his fellows.
Luneth found his longtime Friend Arc and they travelled to the village of Kazus and discover that its inhabitants have been cursed by the evil Djinn.
The curse makes all of them become transparent wraiths unable to interact with the world around them.
Arc and Luneth find one of the cursed townsfolk however, that tells them they are free to use his airship to help stop the Djinn.

Luneth and Arc travel west to the airship and find a new companion, Refia, wandering the airship.
She somehow escaped the Djinn's curse and was going to take the airship to stop the Djinn.
She joins forces with Luneth and Arc.
All three journey to Castle Sasune to see the King and retrieve the Mythril Ring needed to break the curse.

When they arrive they meet another fellow, Ingus, a loyal soldier of Castle Sasune who allows the heroes inside.

They find, however, that all of the inhabitants of the castle are cursed by the Djinn as well!

The king , maintaining his hold on sanity tasks the heroes with not only stopping the Djinn, but rescuing his daughter Princess Sara, who went off toward the Sealed cave to the north to stop the Djinn.

Ingus joins the other three and unwittingly completing the four warriors of light.

They enter the Sealed cave and Something jumps out at them!

A. Wait a moment to see what is jumping out at them.
B. Attack!
C. RUN!
D. realize that life is futile and listlessly lie on the ground waiting for death to overtake them.

You have until 2PM Eastern.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

D would be funny but I actually think written A is the right choice.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

IllegallySober posted:

D would be funny but I actually think written A is the right choice.

Mafia edit: "AS written"

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Note I'm not voting yet but we only have 2 1/2 hours here.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
A

What are we, monsters that attack anything that startles us?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Someone look up a walkthrough of FF3 and tell us what the correct choice is, and we'll vote that

Until then imma sleep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
c

• Locked thread