Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Why?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I so so badly want to choose d, but I'm thinking A has gotta be the right choice here.

A

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
First of all, there are way too many posts for it being a weekend. I skimmed them but I'll read them properly later tonight or tomorrow. My show opened last night and I have another performance today.

Nextly, I wish people would like... converse about the choices before locking them in. I'm worried if we choose A that we'll get attacked and hurt before getting a chance to respond. I'm thinking B or C might be better. Of course we all know D is the real answer here, but it probably won't help us any in game.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I'm feeling A.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
OK peeps no reason to withhold

Take a look at the walkthrough

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_III/Sealed_Cave

ff3 walkthrough posted:

Warning
The monsters in the Sealed Cave are fairly powerful, more so than the monsters on the world map, but they are undead, so they are harmed by Cure spells and they're weak against Holy element (Wightslayer sword).

I think we either attack or run

We might need to level up a bit more

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Nothing in the cave except enemies and the boss djinn no reason not to go balls to the wall

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Moatillata posted:

OK peeps no reason to withhold

Take a look at the walkthrough

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_III/Sealed_Cave

I think we either attack or run

We might need to level up a bit more

Could have used you like 10 minutes ago!

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I was researching that whilst you posted mmt

Moving slow need more coffee

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
A - 4

C - 1

I think I'm gonna go with B

We can still pull off b or c if some more people pop in

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'll go with B then.

Let's gently caress this thing up!

(Suddenly a tonberry)

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Moatillata posted:

A - 4

C - 1

I think I'm gonna go with B

We can still pull off b or c if some more people pop in

Nah, cause according to the walk through you posted Princess Sara also joins our party in this cave. I bet if we blindly attack, we're gonna accidentally stab her instead.

Option A

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Moatillata posted:

Nothing in the cave except enemies and the boss djinn no reason not to go balls to the wall

Look how disingenuous you are :allears:

From the same walk through you posted:

In the next cave go down-left for a chest (500 gil). Then go to the skull at the top-right corner. Zoom in and you see that it shines. Activate it and the wall will upon up. Continue along the path and enter the next room, where Princess Sara will join the party.

##vote Moatillata

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

IllegallySober posted:

Nah, cause according to the walk through you posted Princess Sara also joins our party in this cave. I bet if we blindly attack, we're gonna accidentally stab her instead.

Option A

I see it pays to read past the first paragraph

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I vote A

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
A. Wait a moment to see what is jumping out at them.

The heroes wait a moment and find that it is a woman jumping out at them.
Ingus exclaims "Princess!"

When she recognizes him she apologizes.

"Sorry I thought you were undead!"

The group continues on through the cave where they dispatch the Djinn and lift the curse!

Sarah returns to the castle using the airship, but the group is teleported back to the altar with the glowing crystal in the cave Luneth found.

The Wind crystal dubs the four the Light Warriors!

Wind Crystal Jobs have been unlocked and are now available for purchase!!

Light Aligned players gain 10 CP, Dark aligned players gain 5CP!
Check the second post for details!

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

IllegallySober posted:

Look how disingenuous you are :allears:

From the same walk through you posted:

In the next cave go down-left for a chest (500 gil). Then go to the skull at the top-right corner. Zoom in and you see that it shines. Activate it and the wall will upon up. Continue along the path and enter the next room, where Princess Sara will join the party.

##vote Moatillata

:eng99:

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Moat

Are you scum?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

jon joe posted:

Moat

Are you scum?

Nope

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Then why are you voting for stick-up.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

jon joe posted:

Then why are you voting for stick-up.

Not sure how those two are related atm

He's as good a vote as any; Im not feeling Asiina or KB and everyone else has been p null thus far

My vote isn't etched in stone

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Moatillata posted:

Not sure how those two are related atm

He's as good a vote as any; Im not feeling Asiina or KB and everyone else has been p null thus far

My vote isn't etched in stone

???

Moatillata posted:

stickup is scum.. its p obvious by now. He is fighting waaaay to hard

##vote sticky

##vote Moatillata

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

jon joe posted:

???

##vote Moatillata

:cheerdoge:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I'm gonna be gone all day so if you hammer tough. I'll be here around deadline tho.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

this is a stickup (3): Moatillata, Moatillata, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Infinitum, Tobbs Gnawed, Moatillata
Moatillata (2): this is a stickup, Tobbs Gnawed, IllegallySober, King Burgundy, IllegallySober, Tobbs Gnawed, Murmur Twin, King Burgundy, this is a stickup, Murmur Twin, IllegallySober, jon joe
BottleKnight (2): chaoslord, Bifauxnen
Kashuno (2): BottleKnight, Murmur Twin
Bifauxnen (1): Kashuno, jon joe, jon joe
peramene (1): BottleKnight, jon joe, this is a stickup, GulagDolls, BottleKnight, this is a stickup, this is a stickup, Infinitum, jon joe, this is a stickup, Infinitum
Tobbs Gnawed (1): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, this is a stickup
Asiina (1): King Burgundy, King Burgundy, IllegallySober, IllegallySober, King Burgundy
King Burgundy (0): Asiina, Asiina
Infinitum (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Kashuno, Kashuno, jon joe, jon joe, this is a stickup, this is a stickup
Murmur Twin (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed

Not Voting (6): Absurd Revolver, AnonymousNarcotics, Asiina, Mithross, Mr. F!, peramene

With 19 alive, it's 10 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 22nd, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST -- that's in about 9 hours, 22 minutes.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Oh jeez a Weekend day uhhh I'll try to read I guess

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I spent all of yesterday as the next best thing to dead, and now I have to pull myself together for work. I did one quick read through, I'll do another when I get a break and post actual thoughts then.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So for people who played this game before, how did claiming work? Should a few people claim if they've taken various jobs, so other people know what to expect? I feel like since scum have all information, then getting some of that out to the town can't hurt too much as long as not everyone does it.

I don't mind claiming what I took and what it gave me so other people can make more informed choices.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Asiina posted:

So for people who played this game before, how did claiming work? Should a few people claim if they've taken various jobs, so other people know what to expect? I feel like since scum have all information, then getting some of that out to the town can't hurt too much as long as not everyone does it.

I don't mind claiming what I took and what it gave me so other people can make more informed choices.

This isn't the same as FF1 or FF2 so there isn't a lot of precedent to go on.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

scum post.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina posted:

We're in new territory here since FF1 and FF2 had set roles, instead of people choosing for themselves.

I don't think having people claim too early is a good idea, especially if it's just to report what each job gets. Whatever we can report now wouldn't help people figure out how good the later abilities are, or how well an early job goes transitioning to a later job. People should probably just look up an ff3 gamefaq to get a vague idea of which role does what, and plot out a gameplan for themselves.

We should end up with a decent mix of jobs this way anyway, since people have different playstyles.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I've claimed my character because I see no harm in doing so, I'm sure as gently caress not gonna reveal what job I'll be taking.

Agree with Kash that it was a scum post by Asiina

I will potentially miss deadline as I will be asleep. I've got a messed up foot irl and I'm hopped up on pain killers ATM. So don't give me any poo poo for it.

I am happy with my Stickup vote. Tldr version is that it is a meta read on him, and I don't like the way he reacted to the pressure put on him via tunnelling.
His replies have been reactionary, instead of accusatory. I believe this to be inline with a scum mentality, as he hasn't fought back against the accusations so much as tried to spin away from them.

That's my D1 case, wanna fight about it?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Infinitum posted:

I've claimed my character because I see no harm in doing so, I'm sure as gently caress not gonna reveal what job I'll be taking.

if youre David Bowie, I'm Prince. :dance:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

scum post.

How?

Scum already know what the jobs do.

Yeah if everyone claims it'll be bad, but I don't see how a few people claiming does anything other than help others make informed decisions, especially since I don't think "check an FAQ" is going to be as useful as you think.

I picked Red Mage because Red Mages are typically really good early game and poo poo late game. My level 1 power is that it counts as both martial and magical, so when I pick a new job later the CP cost will be whatever is more favourable. This is a borderline useless power and completely opposite of what I thought it would be considering the role RMs have in FF games.

I would suggest other people if they haven't picked yet pick something else. Maybe it will be good on D3 when I get my Level 2 power, but I'm likely not going to wait that long.

I already asked CPig if we could change more than once per day because honestly I'd spend all my CP just going through as many jobs as I could and then announce the level 1 powers, but he said 1 per day.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I can hear it...a demon's whisper floating on the wind....

the big effort case approaches...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina posted:

I picked Red Mage because Red Mages are typically really good early game and poo poo late game. My level 1 power is that it counts as both martial and magical, so when I pick a new job later the CP cost will be whatever is more favourable. This is a borderline useless power and completely opposite of what I thought it would be considering the role RMs have in FF games.

I would suggest other people if they haven't picked yet pick something else. Maybe it will be good on D3 when I get my Level 2 power, but I'm likely not going to wait that long.

I already asked CPig if we could change more than once per day because honestly I'd spend all my CP just going through as many jobs as I could and then announce the level 1 powers, but he said 1 per day.

Well if we can only pick 1 per day, I imagine most people would've locked in their choice already anyway. I know I chose mine as soon as I woke up and saw the jobs were available. I just haven't got any confirmation of abilities yet from CPig cause I woke up a while after the event.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I am happy to discover that the option I would've voted for not only ended up winning, but that my oversleeping way in PST robbed me of a chance to weigh in.

A was obviously the right choice... but that 5 CP to the Dark-Aligned players suggests perhaps they achieved... something.

I would like to formally request that nobody use tha drat walkthrough again, as CPig will punish your hubris greatly. Speaking from experience. Secondarily, it is also a well known fact that none of you read the loving rules. So. Let's be real.

Light players have only 20 CP and the rest of the day to become... wow, literally any of the jobs save the hidden one. Nice.

Also?

IllegallySober posted:

lol

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Infinitum posted:

I am happy with my Stickup vote. Tldr version is that it is a meta read on him, and I don't like the way he reacted to the pressure put on him via tunnelling.
His replies have been reactionary, instead of accusatory. I believe this to be inline with a scum mentality, as he hasn't fought back against the accusations so much as tried to spin away from them.

That's my D1 case, wanna fight about it?

what exactly is your meta read based on? cause KB has written out what I think is a great look at my scum meta in the thread, and I bet it isn't what you're seeing

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Nextly, I wish people would like... converse about the choices before locking them in. I'm worried if we choose A that we'll get attacked and hurt before getting a chance to respond. I'm thinking B or C might be better. Of course we all know D is the real answer here, but it probably won't help us any in game.

:agreed:

this will become more and more important as things proceed, though cpig is likely to throw curve balls, and that needs to be factored into discussion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Gonna eat dinner and read the thread now does anyone have a quick summary for me? tia

• Locked thread