Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I'm also going to be driving for the next 15 minutes or so but I'll be back after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Moatillata posted:

Sticky is not here and he should be

He is scum imo

If I am wrong may the scum team strike me down

fuckin strike this idiot down, drat

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

You did see my reasoning as well right? Like the only reason you think it's illogical is because you seem sure scum didn't get the answers. You already think Moat made a mistake. He could have made that mistake as scum if they had the answers.

I don't want to fight hard for IS here, because I liked Gulag's first two points. But I do want to defend my own opinion which seems similar.

Except people have said scum didn't get the answers in the previous two games with this mechanic, so I'm going off precedent. Yeah, maybe you're right and they do this time, but I have no evidence at all that suggests that to be true so I'm not going to assume it in order to lynch someone.

Maybe you think they know the answers because you have access to the mod doc because you're a 3P who needs to make the game crash in order to win!

If I made that argument with nothing to back it up you'd say it's crazy and you'd be right. It's the same thing.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
My eyes are skimming over at like 80% of these posts, I just can't get over how much people post D1 now. Like, I peaced out for over a day, that's my bad, but it's so hard to figure out if people are posting genuine thoughts or not when so much of the day is based on complete nothingness. I don't see so many of the points people are making to the extreme that I can't really say it's scummy or not. The volume's too large.

This is all whining, but it's to say that I've found it a lot harder to get into games with D1s like this. I don't know. Maybe D2 will be better!

I really liked Gulag's case though. My second pick for scum would be Asiina because she gut pinged me early with some awkward posts and then started posting A Whole Lot in a way I found forced.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
now I feel bad about unvoting moat

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I won't vote moat. I will vote stickup if necessary even though I haven't read any of his posts

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

this is a stickup posted:

fuckin strike this idiot down, drat

yeah that's a bad post

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Asiina posted:

Except if he's scum and skimmed it then he would have thought B was the "most correct" answer so why bring that as a possibility? Wouldn't that make him want it more to be A?

If he thought there were just enemies in the cave then A would have been the answer that gets us hurt for not attacking first.

Knew I was missing something simple. Thanks.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

GulagDolls posted:

I won't vote moat. I will vote stickup if necessary even though I haven't read any of his posts

come together and vote for todds

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

Except if he's scum and skimmed it then he would have thought B was the "most correct" answer so why bring that as a possibility? Wouldn't that make him want it more to be A?

If he thought there were just enemies in the cave then A would have been the answer that gets us hurt for not attacking first.

Ah, I understand the piece you are missing.

Ok, again, reliant on scum having the answers, let's say it was something like this:

A: Pro town, Minor Pro scum
B: Major Pro scum
C: Major Pro Town
D: Pro scum, Minor Pro town

So Moat sees this and is like, hey, I wonder if there are any game reasons I can lead people to pick the best option for scum. He finds the walkthrough and thinks it says B is the right answer so posts it thinking he gets the best of both worlds, gets us to pick the scum option, while still looking fine for it because hey, the walkthrough said it was the right option.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

Except people have said scum didn't get the answers in the previous two games with this mechanic, so I'm going off precedent. Yeah, maybe you're right and they do this time, but I have no evidence at all that suggests that to be true so I'm not going to assume it in order to lynch someone.

Maybe you think they know the answers because you have access to the mod doc because you're a 3P who needs to make the game crash in order to win!

If I made that argument with nothing to back it up you'd say it's crazy and you'd be right. It's the same thing.

No, you are totally right that I'm being tinfoil about it. I hadn't really considered it a possibility until Moat did that. I could easily be wrong.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

King Burgundy posted:

A: Pro town, Minor Pro scum
B: Major Pro scum
C: Major Pro Town
D: Pro scum, Minor Pro town

just to clarify, this was indeed the general scheme previously, asiina. the answer wasn't always obvious and, in some cases, completely opposite of what we expected

I doubt cpig would just give out and answer key and I find it weird people are considering this

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm not missing anything I'm saying that

King Burgundy posted:

Ok, again, reliant on scum having the answers

is a HUGE assumption you are making based on absolutely nothing.

And I mean if we're going to play the burden of proof game again, this one is definitely on you since you're going against precedent.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Does anyone else hate toads? They're like frogs which are pretty cool and kind of cute, but ugly and gross instead.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Refia

Since stick-up and chaos are empty voting me and we're close to deadline, it probably doesn't hurt to claim flavor.

Quoted my breadcrumb. Hello, I'm Refia :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

I'm not missing anything I'm saying that

is a HUGE assumption you are making based on absolutely nothing.

And I mean if we're going to play the burden of proof game again, this one is definitely on you since you're going against precedent.

Yup, that's fair.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Refia

Since stick-up and chaos are empty voting me and we're close to deadline, it probably doesn't hurt to claim flavor.

Quoted my breadcrumb. Hello, I'm Refia :)

:siren:

You're -8, in 4th place on votes, and your reaction to that is to flavor claim?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

just to clarify, this was indeed the general scheme previously, asiina. the answer wasn't always obvious and, in some cases, completely opposite of what we expected

I doubt cpig would just give out and answer key and I find it weird people are considering this

Pig's also never not had a night kill before.

He's also never not had HP before.

etc.

:)

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

now I feel bad about unvoting moat

No worries sticky I still like you

:cheerdoge:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Yeah I figured that was the format. For the first encounter it looks like we picked some sort of middle-ground pro town, pro scum option since everyone got CP equally.

This one seemed to be a better deal for us than scum since we got more CP than them. C might have gotten us more, but who knows. Definitely A was a better option than B.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Want to make a comment on the second round of votes.

I asked that someone lookup a guide for this scenario and tell us the correct choice (As I was in bed falling asleep)

Infinitum posted:

Someone look up a walkthrough of FF3 and tell us what the correct choice is, and we'll vote that

Until then imma sleep

The following votes happened with 0 discussion whatsoever.

These are BAD VOTES regardless of outcome.

King Burgundy posted:

I so so badly want to choose d, but I'm thinking A has gotta be the right choice here.

A

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm feeling A.

Then Moat comes along and links this guide. A quick read shows that a new member joins the party.

So instead of stating that we should vote A and wait, Moat suggests that we should just go ahead and attack :siren:

With misinformation on the board Asiina votes B to attack

Until IS rightfully calls Moat out on his poo poo and votes for him

So my thoughts on this are.
- JJ, KB, and MT all voting with 0 information are bad and dumb votes and I suspect at least one of them to be scum.
- Moat presenting misinformation to the thread is BADDDDDDDDD and def sets off a lot of alarms.
- I tentatively agree with GDs case on IS, but I feel Moat comes off the worse of the 2 by doing this.
- IS calling out Moats bullshit is right and good and the correct move, and if I was given the choice to vote between the 2 I would vote Moat.

So that's just what I will do.

##vote Moatillata

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Maf edit

- Null tell on Asiina due to misinformation presented.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

King Burgundy posted:

Pig's also never not had a night kill before.

He's also never not had HP before.

etc.

:)

the no nk is weird but I don't see how the answer key is a logical next step

pig admit to the thread hp and attacks were busywork for players last time so I wouldn't expect some big thing to replace it

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

chaoslord posted:

tobbs does weird poo poo when scum, man vOv

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Inf pls read all the way to the end tia

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

chaoslord posted:

:agreed: on this.

Like, what?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Asiina posted:

Inf pls read all the way to the end tia

tldr it for me

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also why would flavour clear you of anything?

Scum almost certainly have fake claims so what is even the point?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

tldr it for me

No, you're a big boy and you have an hour. You can read for yourself.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Woah geez I didn't realize this deadline is tonight! I'm re-reading Moat and IS right now.

chaoslord posted:

MMT what was with this vote?

It was a joke vote - was that not abundantly clear?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Asiina posted:

Also why would flavour clear you of anything?

Scum almost certainly have fake claims so what is even the point?

Yep. Tobbs is scum. Wrap it up.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Murmur Twin posted:

Woah geez I didn't realize this deadline is tonight! I'm re-reading Moat and IS right now.

It was a joke vote - was that not abundantly clear?

Just wanted to make sure! (And also it was a good way to get us both a post since I was below CPig when I started and you still are :v:)

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##vote tobbs

THOSE WHO WERE BOUND BY THE JOURNALS OF DOCTOR TAKAHASHI ARE ALSO BOUND TO JOIN ME IN VOTING THIS MAN

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

But seriously yall, why would a town feel compelled to demonstrate how town they are so far from any pressure?

Vote Tobbs for a better tomorrow.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

chaoslord posted:

Yep. Tobbs is scum. Wrap it up.

I don't really have a strong meta on Tobbs to say he does weird poo poo as scum so it feels more like :confused: to me than anything.

Definitely leaning scummy kind of confused, but not enough for me to want to switch off IS.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I'm back, and after that weird-as-gently caress flavor claim I guess I need to re-read Tobbs.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm fine with voting any of the vote leaders but stick I guess.

I've seen Tobbs make some weird calls as town, so not sure this most recent thing is scummy, but who knows.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Asiina posted:

No, you're a big boy and you have an hour. You can read for yourself.

If you're talking Tobbs claiming unpressured like an idiot, then yeah that's bad

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Well, I'm one of the main playable characters and already part of the story.

3 empty votes on me close to deadline.

For the record, last game the playable characters in the story events were actual players in the (Mafia) game.

But I guess I'm the only one here who played FF2.

If you want to quickly turbo me for claiming my flavor in response to enough empty votes to put me at/near vote lead 1 hour away from lynch I guess go for it?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Infinitum posted:

If you're talking Tobbs claiming unpressured like an idiot, then yeah that's bad

On a quick re-read (and it was pretty quick since there's not a lot there) apart from the unpressured flavor claim, I don't see a lot I have an issue with.

Nobody's immediately counter-claimed him and isn't Refia a pretty major character? I can't see that being a fake-claim he was given if she is.

I'm leaning a dumb move, but probably town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
The vote leader had 3 votes and two players emptyvoted me 60-90 minutes before deadline.

If that doesn't make you nervous you're probably not town lol

• Locked thread