Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It's not at all uncommon if you have a small number of main characters in an established story that at least one of them will be scum exactly to prevent 4 or more people to flavour claim and immediately become confirmed town.

Maybe they're all town here, but it is really not a strong argument for someone being town that they have a PC as flavour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Well, I'm one of the main playable characters and already part of the story.

3 empty votes on me close to deadline.

For the record, last game the playable characters in the story events were actual players in the (Mafia) game.

But I guess I'm the only one here who played FF2.

If you want to quickly turbo me for claiming my flavor in response to enough empty votes to put me at/near vote lead 1 hour away from lynch I guess go for it?

Goddammit Tobbs. :cripes:

Like if you're town all you have to do is shut up at this point and you would unlikely to be lynched, but here you go spouting exposition like an idiot :cripes:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy posted:

I'm fine with voting any of the vote leaders but stick I guess.

I've seen Tobbs make some weird calls as town, so not sure this most recent thing is scummy, but who knows.

Why not stick? :colbert:

I don't know about this early claim business either, I can sympathize with doing that poo poo early as town if I'm getting peeved at somebody calling me scummy. Plus there was the incident from last game where we know he flavor claimed super early, and look how that went...

IllegallySober posted:

On a quick re-read (and it was pretty quick since there's not a lot there) apart from the unpressured flavor claim, I don't see a lot I have an issue with.

Nobody's immediately counter-claimed him and isn't Refia a pretty major character? I can't see that being a fake-claim he was given if she is.

I'm leaning a dumb move, but probably town.

This though, I don't like too much. Refia is one of the major playable characters, but I would hope that the game isn't so blatantly flavor-solvable as to give us 4 confirmed towns just from that. It's a bit tacky.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

If you're talking Tobbs claiming unpressured like an idiot, then yeah that's bad

No, that Moat's voting during the day event looks scummy on the surface but if you actually think about it logically it makes no sense for scum to try to do that.

Literally press the ? next to my name if you want to read it. I've explained it several times.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

IllegallySober posted:

On a quick re-read (and it was pretty quick since there's not a lot there) apart from the unpressured flavor claim, I don't see a lot I have an issue with.

Nobody's immediately counter-claimed him and isn't Refia a pretty major character? I can't see that being a fake-claim he was given if she is.

I'm leaning a dumb move, but probably town.

Why wouldnt scum get a major character as fake flavor? It would be poor modding to not do that.

What is the town motivation to claim at -8? IS, you're at -7. Do you feel like you should claim right now, at this exact moment? Why or why not?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Asiina posted:

It's not at all uncommon if you have a small number of main characters in an established story that at least one of them will be scum exactly to prevent 4 or more people to flavour claim and immediately become confirmed town.

Maybe they're all town here, but it is really not a strong argument for someone being town that they have a PC as flavour.

This has not been my experience in the last two FF games CPig ran.

FFI- all the Warriors of Light were the scum team and the Four Fiends (of which I was one) were 3P.

FF2- I don't know this game as well but Light was town and Boss Monsters were scum, as I recall.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I honestly don't remember if Pig used major characters for fake claims in previous FF's or not. But certainly the smart modding move is to do so. So it's normally not a good reason to assume someone is town. I feel like I've said this before recently, but like if you are making Fantastic Four mafia, at least one, if not more, of the FF have to be fake scum claims. Same with Xmen mafia(and I think if we looked at those games, that would be the case, I don't fully remember)

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I actually do not recall what scum tried to claim last game

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
It's not like being Refia gives me any powers, and obviously it doesn't confirm me as town since I'm 1 off the vote leader from 3 empty votes.

But yeah, FF2 the main characters were all town and part of story events.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

Why not stick? :colbert:

I really admired his scum play in a recent game and this is nothing like it.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

chaoslord posted:

Why wouldnt scum get a major character as fake flavor? It would be poor modding to not do that.

What is the town motivation to claim at -8? IS, you're at -7. Do you feel like you should claim right now, at this exact moment? Why or why not?

I don't know if we have enough people here to get any lynch done but I have no problem claiming flavor if needed and I also PM'd CPig and asked for a Wind job and a class change just in case I'm the vote so I can share the info.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Hey sorry about to go to bed, sorry for not posting more today. Was doing homework and watching football. Both my teams won, gently caress the steelers.

Let's not no lynch today ##vote moatillata

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I want to make it very clear right now exactly 30 minutes before deadline.

I will not vote Moat even to prevent a no lynch.

I will die on this hill.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

King Burgundy posted:

still want inf to clarify what exactly led to him having a meta read pointing to me being scum

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

But yeah, FF2 the main characters were all town and part of story events.

even the one that worked for the bad guys! :v:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Asiina posted:

I will die on this hill.

Scumbros watching out for scumbros, I can respect that

this is a stickup posted:

still want inf to clarify what exactly led to him having a meta read pointing to me being scum

Cause I'm loving amazing at mafia

Also if you don't constantly switch up your meta game, imma catchya

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hey Inf, read the loving case I've asked you to read twice now.

Starting to get real mad at this game.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy posted:

I am intrigued and would like to hear more about this, but perhaps when things are less hectic

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Asiina posted:

I will die on this hill.

Who should I vote for instead?
I'm about to go to bed!!

That rhymes

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Mr. F! posted:

I'm about to go to bed!!

That rhymes

IS

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

chaoslord posted:

Yep. Tobbs is scum. Wrap it up.

---

But seriously yall, why would a town feel compelled to demonstrate how town they are so far from any pressure?

Vote Tobbs for a better tomorrow.

I don't think this is a real reason to believe someone is scum.

chaoslord posted:

Just wanted to make sure! (And also it was a good way to get us both a post since I was below CPig when I started and you still are :v:)

This feels weird to me - CL is basically admitting that he questioned me about an obvious jokevote so he could generate content. That sounds like something scum would do (as opposed to town, who would find actual suspicious stuff). If we weren't close to deadline I'd be pushing CL harder.

That said, we are, so:

IllegallySober posted:

Look how disingenuous you are :allears:

From the same walk through you posted:

In the next cave go down-left for a chest (500 gil). Then go to the skull at the top-right corner. Zoom in and you see that it shines. Activate it and the wall will upon up. Continue along the path and enter the next room, where Princess Sara will join the party.

##vote Moatillata

Of the vote leaders, I think IS is posting like town trying to figure stuff out and I agree with the point about Moat trying to steer us the wrong way. ##vote Moat

The cases on Tobbs feel like scum trying to drive a mislynch on town to me.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

I am intrigued and would like to hear more about this, but perhaps when things are less hectic

It's Shine III if you want to read it. I don't remember if you were in that or not.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Oh my god I'm so angry.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Infinitum posted:

Cause I'm loving amazing at mafia

Also if you don't constantly switch up your meta game, imma catchya

well the first point is just a straight up lie

the second makes no sense as my posting lately is pretty different compared to the last time I rolled scum

that's a nice meta read you invented

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Hasn't he flavor claimed King or something? He seemed pretty confident in it. I don't like that he advised us to immediately attack, given that he looked at the guide and left out the part where we meet another character there. It does seem to be deliberately misleading, and I don't remember, did he respond to that accusation?

It appears not.

##vote Moat

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I would like everyone who hasn't been playing the last 12-24 hours who is coming here and voting for Moat based on IS's reasons to at least acknowledge my very sound logic about why it makes NO SENSE even if you disagree.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Asiina posted:

Hey Inf, read the loving case I've asked you to read twice now.

Starting to get real mad at this game.

You realise I have purposely put a Legendary Piece of poo poo gangtag in my avatar for a reason right?
Cause I'm a sarcastic arsehole?

So don't get a stick up your butt when I make jokes baby~

I've read your case on IS.
I have stated I am currently voting Moat above IS, but both look slim shady.

Would vote either.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm probably going to replace out of this game because I hate this apathy garbage.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Infinitum posted:

So don't get a stick up your butt when I make jokes baby~

hello!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

IllegallySober posted:

I don't know if we have enough people here to get any lynch done but I have no problem claiming flavor if needed and I also PM'd CPig and asked for a Wind job and a class change just in case I'm the vote so I can share the info.

The answer I was looking for was "Of course not." Like, you have zero motivation to claim right now. You're -7 to lynch! Why in the world would you just randomly, unprompted, throw out your flavor? Especially an hour out and needing 8 votes to be lynched.

A nervous scum not wanting the winds to change and land on him would, though. Especially because like no one was talking about the votes on him. The funny thing is he would have skated by just fine if he hadn't tried to beat the story to the press.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Mr. F! posted:

Hey sorry about to go to bed, sorry for not posting more today. Was doing homework and watching football. Both my teams won, gently caress the steelers.

Eh? Eh?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Asiina posted:

I would like everyone who hasn't been playing the last 12-24 hours who is coming here and voting for Moat based on IS's reasons to at least acknowledge my very sound logic about why it makes NO SENSE even if you disagree.

I'm voting Moat because he loving lied to the thread by presenting misinformation, potentially influencing a vote to shift the wrong way.

I can acknowledge your case and not agree with it.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

##vote illegally sober

Sorry for lack of posting today. I'll be much more free to read everything I missed tomorrow

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Asiina posted:

I just saw this and see what you're saying. ##unvote

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Hasn't he flavor claimed King or something? He seemed pretty confident in it. I don't like that he advised us to immediately attack, given that he looked at the guide and left out the part where we meet another character there. It does seem to be deliberately misleading, and I don't remember, did he respond to that accusation?

It appears not.

##vote Moat

Do you think he's lying about being a king or is it that you think his flavor doesn't necessarily dictate his alignment?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
How many people have come in now and voted for someone because of a reason that makes no sense, while completely ignoring a point by point reasoning on why it doesn't make sense and then were like "lol k I'm going to bed."

Apathetic poo poo town ITT

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

I'm voting Moat because he loving lied to the thread by presenting misinformation, potentially influencing a vote to shift the wrong way.

I can acknowledge your case and not agree with it.

Except why would he do that as scum if he knew it was wrong and also in the same breath link the exact thing to disprove him????

If you don't agree then explain why

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Murmur Twin posted:

I don't think this is a real reason to believe someone is scum.

This feels weird to me - CL is basically admitting that he questioned me about an obvious jokevote so he could generate content. That sounds like something scum would do (as opposed to town, who would find actual suspicious stuff). If we weren't close to deadline I'd be pushing CL harder.

You really don't think someone claiming at -8 and an hour til deadline is suspicious as hell?

And you're second point would have more weight if the rest of my posts weren't trying to hunt scum. I made one post to pad my post count. God forbid I do that, I should have just posted a joke or something.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

this is a stickup posted:

well the first point is just a straight up lie

the second makes no sense as my posting lately is pretty different compared to the last time I rolled scum

that's a nice meta read you invented

who says you rolled scum this time?! :allears: :allears: :allears:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
perhaps he

didn't see it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mr. F! posted:

Mr. F! posted:

I'm about to go to bed!!

That rhymes

Mr. F! posted:

##vote illegally sober

Sorry for lack of posting today. I'll be much more free to read everything I missed tomorrow

Regardless of outcome today, you flipflopping like this is not a good look

• Locked thread