Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Lol cpig I'll see ya for ff4

Time to make the OBS doc great again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Bifauxnen posted:

who says you rolled scum this time?! :allears: :allears: :allears:

infinitum, moat, tobbs, you

sorry about your poor english comprehension

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##vote is

not voting moat

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

this is a stickup posted:

infinitum, moat, tobbs, you

sorry about your poor english comprehension

Rude sticky you will catch more flies with honey my dear

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

perhaps he

didn't see it

If he didn't see it and was scum then he wouldn't have pointed us in that directioadnglngdjhadgljh

This is feeling a lot like the end of WaCK where I feel like I'm just banging my head against a wall.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

chaoslord posted:

The answer I was looking for was "Of course not." Like, you have zero motivation to claim right now. You're -7 to lynch! Why in the world would you just randomly, unprompted, throw out your flavor? Especially an hour out and needing 8 votes to be lynched.

A nervous scum not wanting the winds to change and land on him would, though. Especially because like no one was talking about the votes on him. The funny thing is he would have skated by just fine if he hadn't tried to beat the story to the press.

Why exactly are you emptyvoting me? Like, what am I supposed to do, sit here and hope that you're not scum making a last minute baseless push on a town player? Because that's what it looks/feels like to me.

So I claim flavor (which doesn't affect the game, and is something multiple people have already beaten me to) and suddenly I'm "flailing scum"? Don't emptyvote me and push a last second mislynch on me. It's stupid and annoying and transparent.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Asiina has already decided to die on the moat hill and Tobbs isn't happening so ##vote is

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

chaoslord posted:

You really don't think someone claiming at -8 and an hour til deadline is suspicious as hell?

And you're second point would have more weight if the rest of my posts weren't trying to hunt scum. I made one post to pad my post count. God forbid I do that, I should have just posted a joke or something.

I don't think someone claiming flavor early is nearly as suspicious as someone claiming to be sure they've found scum because their suspect flavor claimed early.

We all start as freelancers and I agree that scum probably has fake claims, so claiming flavor doesn't really seem like a big deal one way or the other to me.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

chaoslord posted:

The answer I was looking for was "Of course not." Like, you have zero motivation to claim right now. You're -7 to lynch! Why in the world would you just randomly, unprompted, throw out your flavor? Especially an hour out and needing 8 votes to be lynched.

A nervous scum not wanting the winds to change and land on him would, though. Especially because like no one was talking about the votes on him. The funny thing is he would have skated by just fine if he hadn't tried to beat the story to the press.

You're aware I didn't ACTUALLY claim anything, right...?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Asiina posted:

If he didn't see it and was scum then he wouldn't have pointed us in that directioadnglngdjhadgljh

This is feeling a lot like the end of WaCK where I feel like I'm just banging my head against a wall.

there are plenty of scenarios that can explain this

maybe he was going for town cred and legit hosed up

this is a null tell that you're pushing as 100% and you simply cannot be sure regardless of how sure you think you are

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Moatillata posted:

Rude sticky you will catch more flies with honey my dear

yeah but

honey is objectively bad

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Votecount for Day 1

IllegallySober (6): GulagDolls, Bifauxnen, Asiina, BottleKnight, GulagDolls, Mr. F!, GulagDolls, chaoslord
Moatillata (5): this is a stickup, Tobbs Gnawed, IllegallySober, King Burgundy, IllegallySober, Tobbs Gnawed, Murmur Twin, King Burgundy, this is a stickup, Murmur Twin, IllegallySober, jon joe, chaoslord, this is a stickup, AnonymousNarcotics, this is a stickup, chaoslord, Infinitum, Mr. F!, Murmur Twin, Tobbs Gnawed, Mr. F!, Murmur Twin
Asiina (2): King Burgundy, King Burgundy, IllegallySober, IllegallySober, King Burgundy, Kashuno
this is a stickup (1): Moatillata, Moatillata, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Infinitum, Tobbs Gnawed, Moatillata, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Infinitum, Tobbs Gnawed
Tobbs Gnawed (1): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, this is a stickup, this is a stickup, this is a stickup, chaoslord, GulagDolls, GulagDolls, chaoslord
BottleKnight (0): chaoslord, Bifauxnen, chaoslord, Bifauxnen
Bifauxnen (0): Kashuno, jon joe, jon joe, Kashuno
peramene (0): BottleKnight, jon joe, this is a stickup, GulagDolls, BottleKnight, this is a stickup, this is a stickup, Infinitum, jon joe, this is a stickup, Infinitum, GulagDolls
King Burgundy (0): Asiina, Asiina
AnonymousNarcotics (0): Asiina, Asiina
Infinitum (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Kashuno, Kashuno, jon joe, jon joe, this is a stickup, this is a stickup
Kashuno (0): BottleKnight, Murmur Twin, BottleKnight, Murmur Twin
Murmur Twin (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed

Not Voting (4): Absurd Revolver, Mithross, Murmur Twin, peramene

With 19 alive, it's 10 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 22nd, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST -- that's in about 13 minutes.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Why exactly are you emptyvoting me? Like, what am I supposed to do, sit here and hope that you're not scum making a last minute baseless push on a town player? Because that's what it looks/feels like to me.

So I claim flavor (which doesn't affect the game, and is something multiple people have already beaten me to) and suddenly I'm "flailing scum"? Don't emptyvote me and push a last second mislynch on me. It's stupid and annoying and transparent.

Yes I as scum made as last minute push with an empty vote for a player no one was taking about and then decided not to even follow it up with more posts pushing that person, rather than going after one of the leading candidates that people were taking about. You caught me.

An hour from deadline is not a last second mislynch. Don't be dramatic.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

@Inifinitum, I just don't want a no lynch, I've not been reading closely today. I will catch up tomorrow, and well, I believe in asiina. She's not faking she's angry right now and I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt that she's not angry cause we caught her teammate

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Now that I'm at -4, though, I guess I'll claim if I get another vote or two.

FYI, CPig has not responded to my PM so I can't give you any info there.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Murmur Twin posted:

I don't think someone claiming flavor early is nearly as suspicious as someone claiming to be sure they've found scum because their suspect flavor claimed early.

I agree with this reasoning. No one batted an eyelash when Inf claimed David Bowie for no reason whatsoever.

yeah but

honey is objectively bad

maybe if you're an infant

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
don't want to vote IS

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Asiina posted:

Except why would he do that as scum if he knew it was wrong and also in the same breath link the exact thing to disprove him????

If you don't agree then explain why

Because it was misinformation. If you read the whole thing you become aware that there is a 'potential good thing' that happens, but if you just skim the page you see 'ok boss monster'

I disagree because you instantly voted with Moat to attack, so I'm putting you into a leaning scum category now and I think you're out to protect Moat at this point.
That's not apathetic town, that's town disagreeing with a potential scum trying to push a case I don't think has much legs to it.

"Absolutely positively will not vote to lynch Moat" is a bad thing to say half an hour out from deadline.
Never Not Lynch is the town motto, as we can analyse posts made surrounding a potential mislynch.

So don't pull the "gently caress this game card town is bad and apathetic" card just yet, maybe town just has different opinions than you.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

IllegallySober posted:

You're aware I didn't ACTUALLY claim anything, right...?

I am, yes. You said you were willing to. I explained why I thought someone claiming this far out was crazy, specifically Tobbs

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Mr. F! posted:

@Inifinitum, I just don't want a no lynch, I've not been reading closely today. I will catch up tomorrow, and well, I believe in asiina. She's not faking she's angry right now and I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt that she's not angry cause we caught her teammate

She can be as angry as she wants but I'm not scum and I don't there there's any compelling reason to vote me.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

there are plenty of scenarios that can explain this

maybe he was going for town cred and legit hosed up

this is a null tell that you're pushing as 100% and you simply cannot be sure regardless of how sure you think you are

I will concede that there is a universe in which Moat is scum and did a thing that is completely against his own wincon and made a double triple accident or whatever.

That said there are many, many more likely scenarios wherein he is town and I see no case based on this mistake as having any merit whatsoever.

At the absolute WORST it is a null tell and that's not a reason to lynch someone.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Will switch to IS to avoid a NL but I still think Moat is the right vote

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

chaoslord posted:

I am, yes. You said you were willing to. I explained why I thought someone claiming this far out was crazy, specifically Tobbs

The key words were "if needed"

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Bifauxnen posted:

maybe if you're an infant

you're gonna need to explain this solely because you have piqued my curiosity :v:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

chaoslord posted:

Yes I as scum made as last minute push with an empty vote for a player no one was taking about and then decided not to even follow it up with more posts pushing that person, rather than going after one of the leading candidates that people were taking about. You caught me.

An hour from deadline is not a last second mislynch. Don't be dramatic.

Why did you empty vote me 90 minutes before deadline, making me -1 from the vote leader?

You did it for a reason, I'd like to hear it :)

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I hate no lynches, let's not do that

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Why exactly are you emptyvoting me? Like, what am I supposed to do

You could have asked this question an hour ago rather than claim :v:

I didn't like your interactions with stickup. I'm on mobile or Id go through and quote them for you

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

you're gonna need to explain this solely because you have piqued my curiosity :v:

quote:

Although honey seems like a wholesome and natural food to give your infant, don't do it until after she's at least 12 months old. Honey can contain spores of a bacterium called Clostridium botulinum, which can germinate in a baby's immature digestive system and cause infant botulism, a rare but potentially fatal illness.

These spores are usually harmless to adults and children over 1 year old, because the microorganisms normally found in the intestine keep the bacteria from growing.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

IllegallySober posted:

The key words were "if needed"

Yes but again I was mostly using you as an example to explain why I thought what Tobbs did was insane because you were in a relatively similar situation as him

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

chaoslord posted:

Yes but again I was mostly using you as an example to explain why I thought what Tobbs did was insane because you were in a relatively similar situation as him

Got it. Thanks for the clarification.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Mr. F! posted:

I hate no lynches, let's not do that

I thought you were going to bed? was that just an excuse to throw dow a vote with no repercussions?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
The more people resist lynching a player who did something deliberately anti-town, was called out on it, and never responded to it, the more I want to lynch them.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

neat, I have learned a thing

still, honey and all other sweet things are bad

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

FYI, I don't believe in playing against my wincon so I'm not going to vote myself, like I've seen other people do on occasion. I'm town and I know it so I'm not going to do it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Because it was misinformation. If you read the whole thing you become aware that there is a 'potential good thing' that happens, but if you just skim the page you see 'ok boss monster'

I disagree because you instantly voted with Moat to attack, so I'm putting you into a leaning scum category now and I think you're out to protect Moat at this point.
That's not apathetic town, that's town disagreeing with a potential scum trying to push a case I don't think has much legs to it.

"Absolutely positively will not vote to lynch Moat" is a bad thing to say half an hour out from deadline.
Never Not Lynch is the town motto, as we can analyse posts made surrounding a potential mislynch.

So don't pull the "gently caress this game card town is bad and apathetic" card just yet, maybe town just has different opinions than you.

If you think I'm scum because I voted for the wrong option then yeah, sure. That doesn't mean my logic here is wrong though and I've yet to see you explain why you think it's wrong.

It is misinformation presented in a way that makes absolutely no sense for scum to make. If he's deliberately trying to mislead town why would he also post the exact walkthrough that proves him wrong? Answer that question if you disagree. Keep in mind that if he's scum and made a mistake, he should have wanted us to continue voting A, not tried to switch to B.

And in a game where scum don't have a NK, no lynching isn't the worst thing in the world and I personally don't care if we don't.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I thought you were going to bed? was that just an excuse to throw dow a vote with no repercussions?

I'm posting from my bed on my phone listening to a Steven king audio book. I decided to switch to IS cause Asiina felt real strongly about him, but now since that might not happen I'll have to switch to moatillata. Which means I can just wait until midnight to turn off the phone and go to bed

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'd like Moat and IS to both claim, as they are both the lynch candidates and I don't want to see us miss a lynch here.

Make your case about why you shouldn't be voted for.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ok, 8 minutes.

##vote IS

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Moatillata posted:

stickup is scum.. its p obvious by now. He is fighting waaaay to hard

##vote sticky

---

I believe gulag is town this game

I think it's p :tinfoil: of him but honestly it makes me feel like he is engaged paranoid town instead of scum

Rn I would Lynch sticky or maybe a lurker

---

This is KBs normal personal crusade nothing too weird imo

##vote Moat

If I ignore all the stuff about the walkthrough / choosing A, the first thing I notice is that Moat is making town reads (something that I perceive as a scumtell) and saying to vote for stckup without explaining why or trying to sell it. Also, I don't think IS or Tobbs are scum at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Asiina posted:

That doesn't mean my logic here is wrong though and I've yet to see you explain why you think it's wrong

Cause I said so

• Locked thread