Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

In Robert's eyes, the pile of cash is a resource, a means to create a vision while funding a lifestyle of a Hollywood baller.

In Lesnick's eye, it is a Baked Alaska flambe ready to be eaten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

heh, you wish.

Interstellar Citizens - by Dr. Dr. Derek Smart, 07/06/15

Tier 1 devs spend time working on their games instead of shitposting incessantly and using pictures to try and trigger others. Nice twitter usage today - you showed a great deal of effort there pal.

ManofManyAliases fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jan 24, 2017

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

Tier 1 devs spend time working on their games instead of shitposting incessantly and using pictures to try and trigger others. Nice twitter usage today - you should a great deal of effort there pal.

Said the guy reading my Twitter feed. :grin:

ps: Even old school semi-retired Tier 1 devs have a hobby and too much time on their hands

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

ManofManyAliases posted:

Tier 1 devs spend time working on their games instead of shitposting incessantly and using pictures to try and trigger others. Nice twitter usage today - you should a great deal of effort there pal.

If you own Derek Smart hard enough, Star Citizen will become a plausible idea.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

lol you mean like Chris and his Escapist letter or maybe more like Sandi's constant Facebook and Twitter pics

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

Tier 1 devs spend time working on their games instead of shitposting incessantly and using pictures to try and trigger others.
drat, even Toast is slamming Roberts now.

e:fb

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

D_Smart posted:

ps: Even old school semi-retired Tier 1 devs have a hobby and too much time on their hands

who are you implying here Derek?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

ManofManyAliases posted:

you should a great deal of effort there pal.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

"Lillards shame"

post your fave star citizen themed band names and win absolutely nothing.

Benny and the Nipple-Jets

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Colostomy Bag posted:

Weekly schedule/what to expect is out. :toot:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/citizens/15678-This-Week-In-Star-Citizen

In short, another lore week and the community managers are going to PAX South. Can't wait to see the new show coming in the future that focuses on citizens.

So I know its been joked about for some time now, but did they actually fire Ben but he just shows up anyways?

He used to be the Community Manager and Master Of Spergships or whatever, so if that's Lando's job now what does he actually do?

Not that he did anything to begin with

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Sappo569 posted:

So I know its been joked about for some time now, but did they actually fire Ben but he just shows up anyways?

He used to be the Community Manager and Master Of Spergships or whatever, so if that's Lando's job now what does he actually do?

They can't 100% get rid of him without people freaking right the gently caress out. So they trot him out once and awhile to assure the public everything's fine.

hosed up.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I'm living in a world where people are reassured by a company continuing to employ Ben Lesnick. loving hell.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

ManofManyAliases posted:

you should a great deal of effort there pal.
Derek has broken MoMA

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Sappo569 posted:

DB Cooper

Alcatraz Escape

Building the Great Pyramids

Atlantis

Is Lesnick still an employee

These mysteries will haunt us for the years to come.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

We are "The Deep Space Acoustic Hydrophone Experiment!"

We get insanely high on a variety of drugs and then mumble facts about World War II submarines over a track of '60s era folk music played at the wrong key and speed and liberally shot through with sampled Star Trek sound effects.

(oh God I can't stop)

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

TheAgent posted:

lol you mean like Chris and his Escapist letter or maybe more like Sandi's constant Facebook and Twitter pics

or what if we were to grab some game devs away from their very important work and parade them in front of the camera for a few hours to give the illusion that progress is being made?

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

We get insanely high on a variety of drugs and then mumble facts about World War II submarines over a track of '60s era folk music played at the wrong key and speed and liberally shot through with sampled Star Trek sound effects.

(oh God I can't stop)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0uEmeEaDnQ

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Lesnick knows too much

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

starkebn posted:

Lesnick knows too much

An inevitable consequence.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Beet Wagon posted:

(oh God I can't stop)
I have a one-man act and what happens is I just do a couple of lines of speed, strap some tambourines, cymbals, and poo poo to my extremities and perform unrehearsed until I collapse from exhaustion. The live records are released later on in my youtube channel Recursive Stage Improvisations

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Benny and the Nipple-Jets

Nearly spit out my pineapple pizza with this one

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

TheAgent posted:

They can't 100% get rid of him without people freaking right the gently caress out. So they trot him out once and awhile to assure the public everything's fine.

hosed up.

Like the prize pig at the fair.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

Plural Abysss posted:

Nearly spit out my pineapple pizza with this one

I'd like you all to know that I went to my folks place last night and they decided to order pizza/pasta takeout. One of the pizzas had pineapple on it and I enjoyed it.

When I was leaving I doxxed my dad and drop kicked my mother.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Holy poo poo I didn't realize TDSAHE was already a real band.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

VealCutlet posted:

I'd like you all to know that I went to my folks place last night and they decided to order pizza/pasta takeout. One of the pizzas had pineapple on it and I enjoyed it.

When I was leaving I doxxed my dad and drop kicked my mother.

I hope your dad is ok after that

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/hope-relationships/201409/the-psychology-behind-hoarding

quote:

- Cluttered hangars
- Inability to get a refund
- Keeping stacks of ships
- Moving items from one account to another without discarding anything
- Acquiring unneeded or seemingly useless items, including hangar flairs
- Difficulty managing daily activities, procrastinating and trouble making decisions
- Difficulty organizing items
- Perfectionism, like buying an Idris
- Excessive attachment to possessions and discomfort letting others touch or borrow possessions
- Limited or no social interactions: RSI Forums Only

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

MilesK posted:

If you own Derek Smart hard enough, Star Citizen will become a plausible idea.

This is true. When Derek gets an own, a Star Citizen dev gets an item complete.

It's like a twisted version of It's a Wonderful Life.

Scruffyhawk
Jun 30, 2005

FHNNNNNNN
Ramrod XTreme
Civil Meat

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

nawledgelambo posted:

I hope your dad is ok after that

He is seeking counselling from FYAD, he'll be fine.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

the future is here ladies and gentlemen

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
yeah I don't think that dude has played a video game or knows what they are

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ManofManyAliases posted:

8 Million more and we can finally make the game as Derek had said! Wooooooo

What you shitizens don't understand is that Derek made those predictions years ago before the project was expanded with such things as PROCEDURAL BIRDS that the community demanded Chris Roberts add to Star Citizen. As a result, its only reasonable that Derek's prediction would also increase.

You only have the community to blame, its not Derek's Chris' fault!

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Why are you so dismissive of CIG's innovative technical achievements?
*hasn't played a game since Wing Commander*

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Is anyone else feeling grief right now?

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Yes I still feel grief for the once-in-a-life missed opportunity of p6666.

Zzr fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jan 24, 2017

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Sunk cost fallacy.

Post-purchase rationalization: I bought this. I am smart. Therefore buying this was smart.

Sunk Cost Fallacy: I bought this. Oh no it is poo poo. Better put more money in to make it not poo poo otherwise I wasted my previous money. Oh no it is poo poo. Better put...

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

phosdex posted:

nah, it's something else. I think it's Post-purchase rationalization but I think there's another more layman-ish term. I always heard it regarding people who bought new cars after they realized that as soon as they drove it off the lot the value dropped significantly.

Buyer's remorse. Different thing again. That is just feeling lovely for spending money. It is because people think buying things makes you happy, get all lovely that they wasted their lives working to go and buy bullshit only to find they didn't get a long enough high from it.

Protip: Buy things you need because you need them. Find fulfillment in everything else.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

TheAgent posted:

yeah I don't think that dude has played a video game or knows what they are

Besides, don't you think offering ADD during a mission briefing is properly fidelitous?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

The Titanic posted:

It's why people want to see a level of Sq42, only to discover Chris is having people build a sand level like a Star Wars cross with Dune, complete with giant sandworm.
I heard a cultist say today that he bought into SC specifically because of the sand worm.

So it worked on some amount of idiots. Dozens, maybe. Well worth the effort.