Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

AradoBalanga posted:

If that's the case, then why can't Barst or Catria wield Falchion? They both have blue hair.

Have they ever tried? :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

AradoBalanga posted:

If that's the case, then why can't Barst or Catria wield Falchion? They both have blue hair.

If Barst or Catria got a god weapon there would not be an Archanea left to use it on.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

LordHippoman posted:

I mean, (Awakening Spoiler) Lucina uses it fine, unless there was time travel shenanigan fuckery involved there, I honestly don't remember. I think the Anri thing actually doesn't get mentioned in the remakes, by the way, so I'm not sure if that's even canon now.

I think they just don't want Caeda using it, because she would just become an unstoppable death goddess. Turns out it's just keyed to blue hair.

Lucina has a skill named "Rightful King."

What I'm saying is, if Lucina wants something that's normally reserved for boys, it shuts the gently caress up and gets in line if it knows what's good for it.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
It turns out Elice CAN use it, she's just lazy.

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
Pillbug

LordHippoman posted:

: In his head was a shining blade of light- Falchion- which he plunged into Medeus- and the tyrant was no more. Anri went on to found Altea- and the rest, I believe, you know.

No, see, what we are all missing here is that the Falchion was just in Anri's head the whole time, he made it up! :tinfoil:

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

Glaive17 posted:

No, see, what we are all missing here is that the Falchion was just in Anri's head the whole time, he made it up! :tinfoil:

That...that is a bizarre rear end typo. I copy/pasted that bit from the SerenesForest script for this game. There was one of those earlier I actually caught, where Harmein says they have Minerva's sister "under their word" instead of "under their ward".

I'll fix it, good catch.

On an unrelated note, if people reading this thread enjoy this series, Nintendo's doing a Fire Emblem themed Nintendo Direct at 5 PM EST today. So if you're excited to hear about Fire Emblem Warriors, maybe, or the new mobile game, maybe, or whatever they decide to talk about in their mystery announcement, that's probably worth checking out.

I'll probably be hollering into the void about it on Twitter.

LordHippoman fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jan 18, 2017

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
Ah, that finally got me to look up what the Switch is actually supposed to be.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

Direct is over. Do your civic duty :911:

(Remake of Fire Emblem 2 coming out for 3DS in May, new unnamed main series game for the Switch, Warriors...exists, and it's coming out for New 3DS and Switch this fall, and Fire Emblem: Heroes is a mobile game coming out. There's a vote going on for characters to be included.)

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
What? Wrys is the protagonist of the next FE game? Sign me up.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

What? Wrys is the protagonist of the next FE game? Sign me up.

He's a voting option for characters to receive a "Special Version" in the mobile game coming out. They really plumbed the bottom of the barrel for that, pretty much every remotely memorable character in the series is a voting choice. Malledus? Yep. That guy from Awakening who says "MY MUSTACHE BLOWS IN THE WIND"? Yep. Child Zephiel from FE7? Somehow.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

LordHippoman posted:

He's a voting option for characters to receive a "Special Version" in the mobile game coming out. They really plumbed the bottom of the barrel for that, pretty much every remotely memorable character in the series is a voting choice. Malledus? Yep. That guy from Awakening who says "MY MUSTACHE BLOWS IN THE WIND"? Yep. Child Zephiel from FE7? Somehow.

Ike's mom!

Really, I'd say it's a poll where a gag option is the right option. The sensible picks like Lucina and Hector are pretty much guaranteed to be playable from launch. Meanwhile, someone like Malledua is only getting a unit if he wins the poll.

Of course, the best vote is for Morgan, but you have twelve more after that, so you have some wiggle room.

Edit: Also, it is perfect that one of the default lords for the mobile Gacha game is Anna. You know she's going to have some connection to the shop.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
Why wouldn't you vote for Wrys and the moustache man?

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

I was kind of "eh, whatever, guess that's cool" when I heard that they're remaking FE2, but then I realized...

Catria's in FE2.

CATRIA RIDES AGAIN.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

Camel Pimp posted:

I was kind of "eh, whatever, guess that's cool" when I heard that they're remaking FE2, but then I realized...

Catria's in FE2.

CATRIA RIDES AGAIN.

I hadn't even thought about that, my god. :stonk:

Also excited to finally see """"Zeke"""" and Green Nyna.

As fair warning to everyone, next update might be delayed because I've got a busy week. Also it's one of the DLC maps in FE12 and I am very bad at it and keep loving up.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Honestly if you don't use all of your votes on Cervantes (mustache man) then I don't want to know you.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

LordHippoman posted:

As usual, Caeda saves the day.

: This is pretty much how their relationship has worked from day one.

I mean. Let's be honest.

And yes, Bautu is pretty great. Awful, but great.

Best dragon grandpa.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Hilarious update, as usual
Also a mobile game? Awesome!!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

vilkacis posted:

I mean. Let's be honest.

And yes, Bautu is pretty great. Awful, but great.

Best dragon grandpa.

And he's still around in Awakening's era. He could live to meet Tiki's daughter, even!

...Poor Ban-Ban.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
The Manaketes have always been incredibly creepy to me. But of course, Japan.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Sjs00 posted:

The Manaketes have always been incredibly creepy to me. But of course, Japan.

Whats creepy about Dragons?

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

Probably how all the manaketes apart from Bantu are little girls.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I'm boring and voted for Sety.

How come they make ten thousand remakes of the Archanea games but none of the Jugdral games? :mad:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Camel Pimp posted:

Probably how all the manaketes apart from Bantu are little girls.
Technically speaking, male Corrin is the first male manakete since Bantu. But his dragon form has a couple of big asterisks next to it that kind of separates it from Bantu and Tiki's dragon form.

Torrannor posted:

How come they make ten thousand remakes of the Archanea games but none of the Jugdral games? :mad:
Probably has to do with how the Marth remakes essentially put the franchise one foot in the grave until Awakening, in essence "Fire Emblem: Greatest Hits Edition", revived the franchise. The fact that Gaiden is getting a remake at all means that IntSys is willing to roll the dice with the remake option, so if Echoes does well, it could mean that Jugdral could see the same treatment.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Are you guys hating on nils and that one gu6 from 6? (Yahn?) Myrhs zombie dad too

Or do you mean playable dragon types?

E: which includes Nasir.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

I find it upsetting that no one is acknowledging the best playable (probably partly) dragon type person in all of Fire Emblem.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

vilkacis posted:

I find it upsetting that no one is acknowledging the best playable (probably partly) dragon type person in all of Fire Emblem.

His mom's better.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

FoolyCharged posted:

Are you guys hating on nils and that one gu6 from 6? (Yahn?) Myrhs zombie dad too

Or do you mean playable dragon types?

E: which includes Nasir.
I legit forgot about Nasir and Kurt. :doh:

Oh, and that...red dragon dude who I think I accidentally killed in Dhegnisea's fight. Whatever he was called.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

AradoBalanga posted:

Oh, and that...red dragon dude who I think I accidentally killed in Dhegnisea's fight. Whatever he was called.

Gareth, who had so many lines and so much personality that he could fit right into this game.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

vilkacis posted:

No, I mentioned Morgan already. But it's always good to remember she exists, I suppose.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

AradoBalanga posted:

I legit forgot about Nasir and Kurt. :doh:

Ena, and she was even playable in both Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Torrannor posted:

Ena, and she was even playable in both Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn.
I was talking about male manaketes in my earlier post.

Ena does stand out for going into combat while still pregnant, however. Definitely have to give her some credit there.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

Bonus Chapter # 1: By The Sword

: I do have a question, Sir Jagen.

: Yes?

: ...What’s Navarre’s problem? He seems…

: Like an rear end in a top hat?

: Pretty much.

: Hmm...well, I do have another story that might help explain Nabarl’s...disposition. It was a long time ago...but not as long ago as we were just talking about. Not as recent as your escapades. It was a middling time ago...

I’ve missed this.

So this is New Mystery of the Emblem (or Heroes of Light and Shadow). It is NOT Shadow Dragon. This is the sequel that was only released in Japan. However, I’m playing the English patched version, and today we’ll be taking a look at one of the three DLC maps released for the game. The English translation was done by a group called "Heroes of Shadow", and they did a fantastic job, this game reads great. But I spent an entire thread gushing about this game already, so I'll try and curb it here.

These maps (You can see them on the left) were free to download, and helped fill in some gaps in the story between Shadow Dragon and New Mystery. I didn’t do them in my New Mystery LP, because I was kind of worn out. So we’ll be seeing them here, as they add some much needed flavor to the Archanea setting.

Sadly, this content is no longer available, due to the Nintendo WiFi Network being removed for the DS, so you’ll need a save file with it already downloaded to play it.

Today we’re tackling “By the Sword”. This kicked my rear end many, many times, by the way.

: and all of Talys cheered for them. However, as if seizing this opportunity... the nearby clans suddenly revolted against Talys.

I don’t know what the “clans” are, but it’s probably safe to bet that given that this is Talys, they’re pirates.

: Princess Caeda, who had only brought a few bodyguards into town, was dragged into battle, her whereabouts unknown... Ogma, captain of Talys's hired swords, took his subordinates with him and set out immediately to rescue Caeda.

: We'll just have to stomach the pain. If we can hold them until Captain Ogma comes, everything'll be dandy.

: Yeah, but where is Captain? Wasn't he supposed to be here already?

: I ain’t got a clue! I don’t think there’s anyone strong enough to stop the captain, except maybe…

The camera pans on Cord’s ellipsis. He’s a man of many talents.

: …

: Your impression is spot on, Sir Jagen.

: So you're back to your old self, working for cutthroats... I'm disappointed. I thought you had changed after working under Prince Marth, but it seems I expected too much from you. Swinging your sword without purpose... You're worse than an animal.

In case you wondered, yes, all of Navarre’s dialogue in this map sounds like this.

: Say that again?

: I haven't crossed swords with you since the previous war. Our score... isn't settled yet.

: Our score? And for that reason alone… You’re happy to assist these monsters? Come on, give me a break!
: ...

: What’s so funny?

: Stop pretending you're a decent human being. Stop denying yourself... You're just like me... And that won't ever change.

: ... Sorry, but... I'm different from you. I fight for the princess: that's my purpose.

: ...Enough talk. Draw your sword. If you’re different from me… Then you shall die here.

Let’s get things started. Unfortunately, there’s no prep screen, so I’ll have to go with the old standby tactic of just panning around the map to show you what’s going on. We have Ogma in the northwest corner, and he’s pretty powerful, though the enemies here can still easily overwhelm him. There are some staggeringly high hitters in this stage.

To the southeast, already surrounded, Bord and Cord. Bord’s main strength is, as in Shadow Dragon, his instant access to the Hammer.

Cord honestly just kinda sucks in this map. It’s a bit of a chore to keep him alive, but note the Vulnerary. You’ll need that.

The southwest has a Dark Mage, a Mercenary, and this myrmidon, Maris. She’s pretty much better than Ogma in every way. Too bad she’s a Red Unit.

The southeast corner is also full of enemies, the only really notable one being Dice here. That Devil Axe can easily kill you. Or...or him. He’s Maris’ dad, by the way. These two characters don’t appear in Shadow Dragon, but they’re in New Mystery.

The northeast of course houses Navarre, who will try to rush down Ogma immediately. Also some lackeys.

Let’s see if we can’t outlast them. I apologize in advance, by the way, if the screencaps are kinda frantic in this update. This map took me a lot of attempts, a lot of deleting screens, etc.

First off, Ogma needs to RUN. We don’t want to kill Nabarl, as you could probably guess. I’m also unequipping his weapon, because he’s now in Maris’ range, and I don’t want to hurt her either. Thankfully, being Ogma, he can take a hit.

Meanwhile, Bord attacks the Barbarian.

He missed. This means I have to reset the map, as I can’t kill that Barbarian with just Cord.

Yeah, this one is really a huge pain to do and keep everyone alive, because there’s sort of a very specific strategy they want you to follow, and even if you do, RNG can gently caress you over. Of course, it can also rescue you, but the sheer amount of luck involved in a map you can’t adjust or prepare your team for really sorta turned me off to this stage.

So, one reset later, he hits and I finish the Barb off. End of turn.

The other HP missing from Ogma is because the Dark Mage zapped him. He’s hidden below the HP bar. I, uh, I did warn you about this.

Anyway, even though she’s stabbed him once, Ogma’s still up for a chat with Maris here!

: What?

: That scar on your face… You’re the mercenary Ogma!

: Do you know me?

: That ain't all either... You saved me and Pops before, don't you remember? Y'know, we were collapsed and dying on the road, until you gave us food... That brat was me.

Ogma’s a really good guy. There’s another character in New Mystery who personally credits him for saving his life.

: ...Did I do that? So, what are you going to do? Duel with me?

: Nah, I give in. Count me on your side. I wanna repay the favor. I'll go tell my Pops too, so I'm counting on ya.

So, now we have Maris, and by Maris, the means to recruit Dice on the other side of the map. That’s easier said than done.

Also Ogma has to immediately chug a Vulnerary, or he’ll die to Navarre’s next attack. Thankfully, talking to a character counts as sort of a free action, though you can’t move afterwards.

Maris has a rad eyepatch and purple hair.

What I’m saying is that she’s great.

Cord takes out the Thief who rushed him last turn. The only other enemy poised to attack this turn is the Knight.

Also, a surprisingly good levelup.

I’m doing a DOUBLE TACTICAL MOVE with Bord here. I’ve moved him within range of the Knight and given him the Hammer so he can one shot him...but I also traded over Cord’s vulnerary and took a drink. This is the high level play you can expect for roughly one to two more turns.

It works pretty well!

Unfortunately, we’ve still got this joker to deal with.

: You’ve grown weak… Is it because the war ended…? Or is it because of that woman? If I killed her… Would you go back to being yourself?

YES IT’S FINALLY HERE

“Dastard” is my favorite Fire Emblem word, holy poo poo. I know it’s a real word, but I always associate it with being a weirdly out of place half-curse in a lot of the later games in this series.

: Fight me. Otherwise… die.

He does 10 damage and moves on.

This poor Mercenary must be the even younger brother of lovely little brother Mercenary from Chapter 7. Maris doubles him and clears the path for Ogma. Something special happens at the start of the player phase, though.

Thanks, blinking sprite, for relieving me of having to make jokes again.

: Is that...Ogma? Ogma came to save me! I have to go to him!

: Oh, please wait! Princess!

But Norne and Caeda are going to have to wait, Ogma’s gotta keep running and drinking Vulneraries so he doesn’t get killed by the encroaching sword idiot.

Norne can’t really do anything this turn, so I pass her Vulnerary onto Cord. This is pretty important in this map, you have no healing aside from them, unless you count the forts.

So, I’ll try to lure out one of the barbarians on the eastern side, while Caeda moves towards Ogma. You can probably guess why.

It might seem a little reckless to pull this guy over, but all of these enemies will start encroaching on you soon, and the thinner they are, the better.

And so, Nabavab just continues slapping Ogma with his sword.

Oh, and Bord missed. :argh:

Fun fact, on one run I got here and Bord, Cord, and Norne all missed. Reset.

Thankfully that didn’t happen again. Begone, horrible flashbacks.

So, now that we’ve stalled until Caeda got here, we can finally talk to Nabarvol.

: ... You again? Begone from my sight.

: No! I won't let you kill Ogma! No matter how you might try to stop me!

: ...Then stop me with your blade.

: No! Navarre... I won't kill you, either... I don't want to see you die. Both you and Ogma... are my comrades! And I won't allow my comrades to die! If you must fight Ogma... Then turn your blade on me first!

This is pretty much Caeda’s only tactic.

: ……

: Navarre…?

: ...Nay. My blade isn't rotten enough to inflict harm upon a woman. Do as you wish.

: Oh, thank you…Navarre!

: Crazy woman… It seems neither he nor I can best you...

Ogma’s going to drink a Vulnerary and camp out on this fort for something that’s coming in soon. We’re approaching the hard part of this map.

At the start of Turn 5, this Berserker spawns in, as well as a Knight up north near Navarre’s starting point. And every enemy starts to rush you.

Since I don’t think we’ve met Berserkers yet in the main LP, I should explain them. They’re promoted Pirates. That’s...that’s about it.

Thankfully, the reinforcements don’t get to move on their first turns, and the others kindly wait for them, so I can set up a little.

I moved Bord with a Hammer up to the bridge to intercept that Knight.

Everyone else sorta hovers out of range, except Norne, who can counterattack the Hand Axe that’s coming her way. Ogma on the fort can withstand the Berserker, but he’s seriously bad news, with an attack of 25. He will one round kill Cord or Bord if they even get near him.

The knights also have Steel Lances, and thus hit pretty drat hard. Caeda’s Wing Spear is an alternate way to down them, but her low durability means you really can’t rely too much on it.

(she missed)

Thankfully, so did the Berserker! Still, now he’s too close to our other units, and needs to go down, fast.

Oh, also more reinforcements. Including a second, identical Berserker from the east. Don’t forget, they can walk on water!

Bord immediately retreats to heal up, because the Knight chunked him hard. Again, the UI makes it kinda hard to see, but he’s behind the word “Hit”, under Maris.

Another whiff from the Berserker. I think this is the moment some sort of angel of good fortune, but only while playing video games for the internet, decided to bless me with an extremely specific boon.

There was soon nothing left of this guy. Him having 3 HP helps with that.

Maris is particularly useful here since she can one round kill the Barbarians and Dark Mages, and she’s got a great dodge rate.

Norne drinks a Vulnerary, and I really just have to weather this storm for now.

In this exciting combat encounter, neither combatant hits eachother.

Also Dice just threw a Hand Axe at his own daughter. What the gently caress, dad?

Holy poo poo, Cord, please.

This might look close. That’s because it shouldn’t have worked. Both the Hunter and Barbarian to the north missed, and that’s why Cord’s still alive. I’m unashamed of this because it was like Take 8 of this map.

And now I have to clean out this disgusting blob of Red Units. Ogma gets the ball rolling well.

Thankfully, one of these opponents is a bit easier to deal with than the others. It’s the guy in the Viking Helmet, yes.

: So, that’s about the gist of it, Pops.

They keep calling him “The mercenary Ogma”. Is there another Ogma who does something much less interesting in this universe?

: Yeah, though we’ll be working for free again. Man, I need to do something to get gold for tomorrow’s food…

: Wahaha! Is that what you’re worried about? If it’s gold ya need, I’ll go gamble and you’ll have it in an instant!

: ...No, THAT’S what I’m worried about.

I’ve missed Viking Gamble Dad. This is the last we’ll see of him, though.

Also, Maris takes out a neighboring goon and gets a nice level. Talking next to enemies can pay off.

Time for Cord to run and hide for the rest of the map.

So, I’m not going to be able to take out all of those enemies, and I don’t want to risk a Devil Axe, so Dice equips a Hand Axe and blocks the bridge.

Bord gets brave for a bit and removes one source of damage, though.

I really wish I was getting these levels in the actual game.

Nababble manages to take this Dark Mage down in a single round, with his signature commentary.

Oh, Dice is also going to eat some damage here from both the Knight and the Berserker, but his massive (compared to everyone else) health pool makes him our best shot at surviving.

I’m cutting it a little close again here. This map!

i am extremely good at fire emblem.

Thankfully, this Berserker has unknowingly placed himself in a really good spot for me.

Here’s some sweet revenge for Bord.

And a pretty sweet level! He’s still worse than Maris, though she does have six levels on him.

And now...a gamble. This, I think, is about the only way to get rid of this guy ASAP. Cross your fingers, no save points on this one.

Majestic. :allears:

Now Ogma blocks the bridge, so Dice is safe, even with his tiny HP remaining.

Maris also cleans up the last Hunter.

And then there were two!

One.

Done.

:toot:

This beat the hell out of me. But hey, it’s done! I’ll take it.

: I see.

: The swordsman Navarre apparently vanished after the battle.

: ...I see. Good job. Our mission is complete. Let’s escort the princess back to Talys.

If Navarre is dead, the soldier says they couldn’t find his body.

And now...some thoughtful interludes.

Someone should take away my access to Paint.net.

: Princess…? Of course. You needn’t worry about my welfare.

: I’m so glad. You looked so intimidating…

: I did?

: Yes. Just like… the first time we met. You were a frightening gladiator… But your eyes were really sad.

: ...Princess. Please let me thank you.

: Thank...me…?

: A long time ago... Before you saved me... I had nothing. I had no purpose or meaning in life, so all I could do was continue to fight, as a gladiator... I hated everything in this world, and had forsaken everything...

: Ogma…

: But, I didn't die. I had to keep fighting... In other words... I fought so I could continue to fight.

: We aren't humans who can just bathe under the sun's light. We're monsters bred for fighting…

: ...Ogma…

“Shut up.”

: However... you saved me, Princess. I received not only my life, but also something far more important from you. And even after you leave for Altea and wed Prince Marth... That won't ever change. So, please let me thank you, Princess...

: Ogma... I must thank you too, Ogma. You've always stood by my side... Even in the previous war. You protected Marth for my sake... Even after I go to Altea... You will... always... always be my…

: Princess… Please don’t cry. Tears don’t suit you. From now on, you’re going to live happily by Marth’s side…

: Ogma… ...Thank you, Ogma...

: That story didn’t explain anything about-

: Still dying, let’s move on.

Next time we go back to the actual game I’m supposed to be LPing.

Bonus Content

Wielder of the Hard Sword, Ogma

And

Wielder of the Certain Kill Sword, Navarre

Keep in mind the titles are unofficial, direct translations. So, uh, I think the second one is supposed to be "Killing Edge". Ogma's got a Levin Sword in that picture, by the way. That's a bad idea for Ogma.

Edit: I'm wrong! Thankfully, someone who can actually read Japanese, Shingouryu gave the translation:

"The first two Kanji are indeed sure kill, followed by sword, which in this context should be "hissatsuken" This is followed by user, which would be pronounced "tsukaite""

And for Ogma:

"Ogma was a bit more difficult, as I didn't recognize the first kanji.

I'm a little confused by the translation. While 剛 can indeed mean "hard," my assumption is the intended meaning is "strong" or "manly.""

LordHippoman fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jan 25, 2017

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

LordHippoman posted:

: So you're back to your old self, working for cutthroats... I'm disappointed. I thought you had changed after working under Prince Marth, but it seems I expected too much from you. Swinging your sword without purpose... You're worse than an animal.

Jagen's been reading too many of Steve's yaois.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

LordHippoman posted:

Someone should take away my access to Paint.net.

:allears: Nah, you need to do this more.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

LordHippoman posted:

In case you wondered, yes, all of Navarre’s dialogue in this map sounds like this.

: DEATH COMES.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Navarre, no. You're two games too early to S-rank another man.

quote:

: ... You again? Begone from my sight.

: No! I won't let you kill Ogma! No matter how you might try to stop me!

: ...Then stop me with your blade.

: No! Navarre... I won't kill you, either... I don't want to see you die. Both you and Ogma... are my comrades! And I won't allow my comrades to die! If you must fight Ogma... Then turn your blade on me first!

This is pretty much Caeda’s only tactic.

Hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. It's very effective!

quote:

Bonus Content

Wielder of the Hard Sword, Ogma

Oh, so Navarre's purpouse was Ogma's hard sword, huh?

quote:

Wielder of the Certain Kill Sword, Navarre

Keep in mind the titles are unofficial, direct translations. So, uh, I think the second one is supposed to be "Killing Edge". Ogma's got a Levin Sword in that picture, by the way. That's a bad idea for Ogma.

It isn't. The Killing Edge in Japanese is キルソード, literally Kill Sword as English words. I can't quite read Japanese, but I can see that the Kill Sword kana is most definitely not there, and I'm guessing its says hissatsu ken or something to that extent instead.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

So on a scale from 0 to Spock/Kirk, how popular are those two in terms of fanworks...?

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

i think you've shown Navarre's Tokyo Mirage Sesssions appearence, but since we just had a chapter focused on him now seems as good a time as any to mention that this is the default form he gives his mirage master, yashiro, in the same game

just

just take it in.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

: DEATH COMES.

*Warp Staff*

: REPOSITIONING.

(This joke brought to you by my friend who doesn't read this thread, but plays a lot of Reaper.)

vilkacis posted:

So on a scale from 0 to Spock/Kirk, how popular are those two in terms of fanworks...?

I don't think Shadow Dragon gets fanworks. But if it did, I'd guess probably a 7-8. I think the only thing along those lines is that joke .gif you made last time with-

Camel Pimp posted:

Jagen's been reading too many of Steve's yaois.

Yeah, that. :v:

Blaze Dragon posted:

It isn't. The Killing Edge in Japanese is キルソード, literally Kill Sword as English words. I can't quite read Japanese, but I can see that the Kill Sword kana is most definitely not there, and I'm guessing its says hissatsu ken or something to that extent instead.

That's interesting. I know zero Japanese, so if anyone does and can figure that out, I'll edit it in. That goes for all the Cipher stuff, of course.

rannum posted:

just take it in.

Oh, I fully plan on showing or reshowing the TMS forms of these characters when we get to the art update, because holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

LordHippoman posted:

Oh, I fully plan on showing or reshowing the TMS forms of these characters when we get to the art update, because holy poo poo.

most of them aren't that bad but then you have yashiro & kiria's default outfits and general nonsense like conquerer chrom, cain's promoted obsession with giant lance out of his back or hat and springy arm navarre and you have to wonder what aesthetic they were actually going for

• Locked thread