Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

The more people resist lynching a player who did something deliberately anti-town, was called out on it, and never responded to it, the more I want to lynch them.

A complete misrepresentation of what happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
The really good thing about my mislynch is there is gonna be a lot for town to work with

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

5 mins left. Do we need to switch back to moat?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

The more people resist lynching a player who did something deliberately anti-town, was called out on it, and never responded to it, the more I want to lynch them.

Is this in reference to me???

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Infinitum posted:

I'd like Moat and IS to both claim, as they are both the lynch candidates and I don't want to see us miss a lynch here.

Make your case about why you shouldn't be voted for.

I've already made my case. I'm town and I think the push on me is 30% Asiina disagreeing with my case and 70% bs. I'm not sure what flavor-claiming with five minutes to go will do me.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote Moat

If I ignore all the stuff about the walkthrough / choosing A, the first thing I notice is that Moat is making town reads (something that I perceive as a scumtell) and saying to vote for stckup without explaining why or trying to sell it. Also, I don't think IS or Tobbs are scum at the moment.

Thank you!

All this smokescreening around the walkthrough is ignoring Moat's other scummy points.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

Keep in mind that if he's scum and made a mistake, he should have wanted us to continue voting A, not tried to switch to B.

This part is wrong and I explained why.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Bifauxnen posted:

I agree with this reasoning. No one batted an eyelash when Inf claimed David Bowie for no reason whatsoever.

maybe if you're an infant

Did inf claim Bowie in response to pressure, fearing being lynched?

I seriously don't know the answer to this so someone look it up for me tia

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

Is this in reference to me???

Why did you say we should attack a princess????

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Me watching people vote IS over Moat with 5min to go

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

This part is wrong and I explained why.

Only if you make an assumption for no reason.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

IS, I think he meant claim your job details, not your flavour. As we had discussed previously, it can only help town to learn more mechanics if you're about to get hammered any moment.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Seven votes to six. I'll claim for the hell of it, I guess. I'm Aria Benett (a character who I have no idea what they do, but I'm light-aligned)

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I haven't got a job because CPig hasn't replied to my PM from 40 minutes ago.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Bifauxnen posted:

IS, I think he meant claim your job details, not your flavour. As we had discussed previously, it can only help town to learn more mechanics if you're about to get hammered any moment.

Guess I misinterpreted. Oh well. Whatever.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Asiina posted:

And in a game where scum don't have a NK, no lynching isn't the worst thing in the world and I personally don't care if we don't.

This is also a good point that I hadn't previously thought of. In a game where there are more town than scum, I feel like keeping as many people alive D1 to gain experience (and to go for more educated lynches later on when there's more information) wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

chaoslord posted:

Did inf claim Bowie in response to pressure, fearing being lynched?

I seriously don't know the answer to this so someone look it up for me tia

I claimed Bowie because I was tunnelling Stickup, who I still believe to be scum, and was wanting to see what his reaction would be to the pressure.
I didn't like his reaction, thus I firmly believe him to be scum.

It was less trying to get a claim out of him, and more seeing how he reacted under pressure.

(Remembering that he was Emperor Purple Praying Mantis last game)

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
In IS's defense, I picked a job and didn't get any response either.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
CPig said he was going to be away.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Infinitum posted:

I claimed Bowie because I was tunnelling Stickup, who I still believe to be scum, and was wanting to see what his reaction would be to the pressure.

It was less trying to get a claim out of him, and more seeing how he reacted under pressure.

lie lie lie

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

In IS's defense, I picked a job and didn't get any response either.

but why'd he only pick one 40 minutes ago?!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Asiina posted:

CPig said he was going to be away.

I thought he said that was if we hammered early. Not at deadline.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

Lol that was Kash.

I was so happy when he flipped PPM

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Oh, JK

CapitalistPig posted:

I'm gonna be gone all day so if you hammer tough. I'll be here around deadline tho.

Nice lies, cpig

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

2min to go

Vote Moat

Lynch scum

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Infinitum posted:

Ok. So not the same as Tobbs then, that's more what I was asking for

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Ok well see you guys tomorrow.

Night all

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh sorry you were Batman

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Bifauxnen posted:

I agree, this is totally a relevant scum tell. how dare he!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Bifauxnen posted:

Because I was going to wait to spend the points on something better later. When I started getting votes I tried to just in case I could provide info before I flipped.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Infinitum posted:

Oh sorry you were Batman

lie

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I do not agree with this vote

##vote IS

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
##vote IS no NL

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Day 1 has ended in a no lynch.

All requested jobs have been sent out, it is officially Night 1 and no more jobs can be acquired until tomorrow as soon as Day 2 begins.

All currently active jobs will earn a skill level at that time as well.

Have actions in by This time tomorrow.

CapitalistPig fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jan 23, 2017

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
During the Night the following people were killed:

Murmur Twin - "Princess Sarah Altney

Men are so obtuse... Must I say it plainly? I want to stay with you a bit longer! There!
—Sarah Altney to Ingus."

Light Aligned

Current Job: White Mage

Gulagdolls - Cid Haze

You'd probably want to get your hands on a new airship--well, I'm the man for the job!
—Cid Haze"

Light Aligned

Current Job Monk

Asiina - "Mrs. Cid

You be careful, hear?
—Mrs. Cid"

Light Aligned

Current Job - Red Mage

and

Infinitum - "Desch

One trouble after another, eh?
—Desch"

Light Aligned

Current Job - Red Mage

It is Day 2! Get it!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (15): Absurd Revolver, AnonymousNarcotics, Bifauxnen, BottleKnight, chaoslord, IllegallySober, jon joe, Kashuno, King Burgundy, Mithross, Moatillata, Mr. F!, peramene, this is a stickup, Tobbs Gnawed

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 25th, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 2 hours.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
What the gently caress

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
How the gently caress did that even, is this normal for FF mafia? I thought we were relatively safe at least for a bit gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
My guess is that one of the jobs gives a 1-shot NK and scum had a spree.

At least I hope it's one shot, 4 NKs every day is pretty devastating.

• Locked thread