Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
it's black mage. started with 1-shot vig

I used mine to kill infinitum because he is a bad bad aus man with a fake fake meta read on me

turns out he is only scum in real life, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Wow that's a lot of dead people for night 1.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

this is a stickup posted:

it's black mage. started with 1-shot vig

I used mine to kill infinitum because he is a bad bad aus man with a fake fake meta read on me

turns out he is only scum in real life, though

Why did you kill him instead of me, the person you were voting/pushing?

Not that I'm complaining, just wondering why you didn't kill the player you were convinced was scum/hard pushing to lynch.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Why did you kill him instead of me, the person you were voting/pushing?

Not that I'm complaining, just wondering why you didn't kill the player you were convinced was scum/hard pushing to lynch.

I probably would have, but inf's "meta read" and general attitude was what sat wrong with me at the end of the day

thank him I guess

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Lmao why did no one kill me (glares at sticky)

I thought I was your strongest scum tell?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
you did not really think that

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Black mage here popped asiina

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##vote stickup he just happens to go BLM and doesn't actually kill his biggest scum read. Eh

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

wait what the gently caress

##vote moat

switch the turbo to that rhyming chucklefuck

if we lynch moat today, we all get 15 CP

cpig just confirmed this to me in pm

I honestly could see it.

his vote on me is just piling on, and he hasn't said anything at all apart from this

##vote moat, it rhymes!

Meh im overreacting I guess

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Kashuno posted:

##vote stickup he just happens to go BLM and doesn't actually kill his biggest scum read. Eh

sure sounds like you knew exactly what black mage would get you in advance

cause I didn't

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Moatillata posted:

four jokes, one "yeah maybe" in reaction to someone else, and pushing you above me when we were tied as vote leaders? please look at the interactions I had with inf

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:ghost: Good, now I don't have to yell at town for that horrible finish to D1 :ghost:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

sure sounds like you knew exactly what black mage would get you in advance

cause I didn't

I mean I know final fantasy well enough to guess that blm would give a killing ability yeah

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Moatillata posted:

Tbh I don't have the time or energy to go reread stick but I trusted both tobbs and moat to remember who was casing them but apparently not!

##unvote for now until tomorrow AM when I can reread

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
to be fair, I was pushing tobbs but I threw out him out for a vote with the reason "he's a good d1 lynch", not a case

moat is moat

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Since scum knew what all the jobs were, that means all members of the scum team could make a kill night 1?

That's some bullshit setup if that's the case.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

to be fair, I was pushing tobbs but I threw out him out for a vote with the reason "he's a good d1 lynch", not a case

moat is moat

Tbf I think everyone is out to get me and everything is about me

Stickup knows this

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I'll be back in the morning. To be honest I'm irritated enough at the setup at the moment that I'm not in the right frame of mind for this.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I got caught up during the night, and was ready to come in swinging (or at least flailing a little...) but four deaths is making things that much harder to process. Plus D1 was already absurdly dense for being D1. New read occurring now, which will unlock all the secrets of the universe.

(secret of the universe is actually here, under the spoiler: CPig enjoys our suffering)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Why didn't you chucklefucks at least kill some lurkers christ

##vote stickup

IllegallySober posted:

I'll be back in the morning. To be honest I'm irritated enough at the setup at the moment that I'm not in the right frame of mind for this.

I hear that

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Four of our own have fallen, and assuming all stated true, it suggests a maximum of two scum went black mage.

We have Kashuno claiming to have killed Asiina. If scum, good job. If town, you hosed up buddy. And owe us a painting.

We also have stickup claiming to have killed Infinitum in what is either a clever fake slap fight concluded in his favor by force, or a loving dumb move.

Other things to consider: death reports may not be 100% reliable, but let's look at the spread:

MMT: White Mage. :palmon: RIP bestie
Gulagdolls: Monk :eng99:
Asiina: Red Mage :lumpen: kashuno
Infinitum: Red Mage :lumpen: stickup

Now if I remember my ancient 8-bit Theater, White mage is obvious, red mage is... variable? Lots of different things? I'm not sure about monk. Ki? Punching things? And you say there's more jobs coming?? Sheesh.

Assuming that Kash and stickup were both above board and just made bad calls. (Happens to the best of us.) If you were a town BM, and you hosed up, it'd help to come forward I think.

If we don't get confessions, we can at least make an assumption that scum targeted an unclaimed victim and assess.

Obvious counterpoint: but pera, you could have rolled BM, shot your bestie because lol ultimate betrays, and now have the perfect way to leave a hole and make this argument and gently caress with town.

I did not roll BM. The job I took did not have a killing ability of any kind.

If anybody can prove this, that'd be nice of you. "But what if?" then okay, there's your case against me if nobody fesses up to one or both murders. As much as I love MMT my fondness for Gulag has also become known. Asiina as well. Even Infinitum and I, he may stomp his feet and shout, but I respect the man. Knows who he is deep down inside. I like that. That we have even have two town that blew their loads N1 I can hardly believe.

I don't know. Moat? IS? It'd be nice to hear from you, obviously. Y'know, when you have time to post.

Any scum that didn't and can afford to are probably gonna take advantage of the 1off NK and it's gonna gently caress us.

Kash and stickup, why claim responsibility so quickly? Just wanna hear your reasoning mostly. Sucks to waste a one-shot on a townie. But you coming out straight up and saying it makes you look good and "reveals" your class. If either of you are lying, you're taking credit for kills to attract attention to yourselves and away from the actual killers?? Maybe??

This has been another massive word vomit post from Sara. Peace for tonight.

Personal Addendum: Bet you laughed your rear end off when you got your role pm, MMT. Bet you've been so excited to tell me. Sorry I found out this way. My flavor isn't anywhere near as fun.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I'm a 3P Survivor. I had a chance to become light-aligned if I found Desch during the night, but Desch is dead. Just letting everyone know.

When I still had a chance to become good I didn't want to claim, but now that I have no chance, I figure it would be best to just come out and say it.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

peramene posted:

Kash and stickup, why claim responsibility so quickly? Just wanna hear your reasoning mostly. Sucks to waste a one-shot on a townie. But you coming out straight up and saying it makes you look good and "reveals" your class. If either of you are lying, you're taking credit for kills to attract attention to yourselves and away from the actual killers?? Maybe??

with the other option being? lie?

cpig sent a pm about skill level that says advancing a night + using a skill means I am now level 3, which was another shot of vig

the bolded part just makes no sense. why would anyone do that?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I didn't realize we'd be advancing in level so quickly! Regardless.

For the sake of argument, let's assume "you're" scum, alright? You and buddy2 know that you can switch to the right roles and get kills, but you also know people who get kills are going to draw suspicion.

So, you were already being targeted (tunneled?) - maybe you're doomed today anyway. Say you killed Asiina. Really buddy2 did. But if you manage to survive today, not only do you now realize you have a second kill - something a scum stickup would know in advance and something a town stickup would not know in advance, theoretically scum could cycle through jobs with kills and slaughter a bigass chunk of town. Buddy2 lurks just well enough or remains in just the right light to not be identified and lynched. Scum could theoretically identify a path of least resistance where for the cheapest CP possible, they swap roles effectively enough to take advantage of all possible ways to kill town as quickly as possible.

With a setup like what you're telling me BMs have - and I have no reason to doubt you, scum knowing how to get the most kills as quickly as possible is the whole loving game. Unless we have some kind of protection mechanic I haven't found out about anyway.

Or somehow we can revive a bitch. Who knows. CPig crazy.

The balance between scum knowing what job we are and what those abilities are makes claiming very dangerous? I think?

What do I know, somebody more experienced and not have an awful night loving figure this out

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Sara this is what's called setup spec and is mostly useless and is just a good way for scum to look like they're posting content and aren't really doing much. Also I agree with stickup that one scum taking credit for another scums kill makes very little sense.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

cpig sent a pm about skill level that says advancing a night + using a skill means I am now level 3, which was another shot of vig

what the fuuuuuuck

##unvote

##vote bifauxnen

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Bifauxnen posted:

what the fuuuuuuck

##unvote

##vote bifauxnen

Lol

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Huh, ok.

So potentially if everyone took black mage, this could have been some version of everyone has a vig?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
lot to unpack here

probably put together a solid effort case in the morning, but i for one did not pick up a job on day 1

also lol i can't believe i survived that massacre

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

peramene posted:

Unless we have some kind of protection mechanic I haven't found out about anyway.

I can confirm that one of the roles provides protection. I'm fine claiming if we wanna go that route.

Scum already know what all the roles do, so maybe it's worth sharing?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Absurd Revolver posted:

lot to unpack here

probably put together a solid effort case in the morning, but i for one did not pick up a job on day 1

also lol i can't believe i survived that massacre

Effort case?? :allears:

King Burgundy posted:

Huh, ok.

So potentially if everyone took black mage, this could have been some version of everyone has a vig?

I feel like we should mass claim at this point and the game may be solveable? What are your thoughts?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy posted:

Huh, ok.

yeah, with two shots each apparently! Kash can you confirm? (or one of the other BM's if they feel like coming forward?)

Absurd Revolver posted:

i for one did not pick up a job on day 1

Why the hell not you lazy bum, a likely story

##vote Absurd Revolver

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Bifauxnen posted:

yeah, with two shots each apparently! Kash can you confirm? (or one of the other BM's if they feel like coming forward?)

Why the hell not you lazy bum, a likely story

##vote Absurd Revolver

I would laugh extremely hard if this game ended in two nights

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I'm having trouble finding a place to dig into this game and make any real solid reads. Semi-stream of conscious reactions as I go through it yet again.

I don't like BK's D1. Even with his 3P claim, it feels like he tried to drag joke phase out longer than anyway, and made weird forays out of it just to later retreat.

BottleKnight posted:

awkward post

next response:

The awkward came across to me as actually trying to make a point, after which BK retreats to jokes for most of the rest of the day.

Getting to the Asiina/KB bits, I can see why things got so heated. Asiina was apparently (we know now) coming from a town viewpoint, but doing a very poor job explaining her point.

Combining "I expect much more out of town KB" with posts like

Asiina posted:

Which part? That there's barely been any content and 150 posts took like 15 minutes to read or that I would have voted for B?
really introduces a disconnect in thought.

BottleKnight posted:

Asiina, Sara, welcome to the wildcats

I'm gonna fite you with my fists scum ##vote trashuno

Joke phase is pretty much over, and here BK is, going strong. Also Kash. I haven't seen Kash try at all so far.

Hold for part 2!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Moatillata posted:

I feel like we should mass claim at this point and the game may be solveable? What are your thoughts?

Yeah, I mean, i don't know if we'll be able to solve for who the scum are, depends on the abilities. But I think we could probably protect against the onslaught of kills? At least a bit, if we shared what all the roles do so far.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Moatillata posted:

how would a game where any player can take any job be solvable

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Moatillata posted:

I doubt it would be solvable, cause anyone could've freely chosen anything. I was hoping maybe later on we could press people under suspicion to quickly explain their whole backstory of job choices and use that as a way to judge how sincere and forthcoming they are, but who knows if we'll even have a D3 at this rate, bloody hell

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

I doubt it would be solvable, cause anyone could've freely chosen anything. I was hoping maybe later on we could press people under suspicion to quickly explain their whole backstory of job choices and use that as a way to judge how sincere and forthcoming they are, but who knows if we'll even have a D3 at this rate, bloody hell

Yeah, I mean, we could all switch to black mage and the game could end tonight, rofl.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BTW, AR, can you tell me the thought process that led to you not choosing a job? I'm trying to put myself in that place and I'm just not getting there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I dunno we have two people who didn't claim their kill. I'd wager at least one of them is scum

If youre town and you vig someone the best thing you can do is immediately claim it

• Locked thread