Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

VendaGoat posted:

You are god damned welcome. :)

another Costco success story!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

Bought a new couch last weekend for $799, went shopping today and saw the price dropped to $649, went to customer service and got $150 back on the credit card.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

charliebravo77 posted:

Bought a new couch last weekend for $799, went shopping today and saw the price dropped to $649, went to customer service and got $150 back on the credit card.

What's the maximum normal grace period for things like this where Costco will honor a price drop after your purchase?

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

Nfcknblvbl posted:

What's the maximum normal grace period for things like this where Costco will honor a price drop after your purchase?

30 days I believe, and I don't think it can be for a price drop due to it being the last item in stock/display item.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Costco will gladly tear their corporate spleen out for their customers, so I think standing in line is a small price to pay, but then again, I'm not a badass rebel.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
yo yo yo yo

rotisserie chicken + quinoa salad + naan for costco dinner

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Protip: costco sometimes has super cheap drugs and you don't need a membership card to visit their pharmacy.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I had their chicken alfredo since it's on sale, it tastes way better than I remember.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Big rear end mixed kale salad bag and a hacked up chicken and that's basically lunch/dinner for a week :krad:

And yeah the raw number of drugs just lying around to buy for dirt cheap is neat too, I will never be out of 5-HTP and dubious sleeping pills again

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I just want this known.

Kale, in whatever form, is never a +

NEVER

A

+

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

VendaGoat posted:

I just want this known.

Kale, in whatever form, is never a +

NEVER

A

+

Whatever goatboy, I got gut flora to look after, and I love to munch on raw kale

Without any dressing.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Black August posted:

Whatever goatboy, I got gut flora to look after, and I love to munch on raw kale

Without any dressing.

Oooooh buddy, I can not wait till you hit 45+

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

VendaGoat posted:

Oooooh buddy, I can not wait till you hit 45+

I'm close enough already, so cheaply eating good salad every day instead of giving into the siren call of 900 pounds of costco pizza is easy enough

I'm genuinely not lying I like kale salad and salads without dressing, just on the side to dip a little. :saddowns:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Black August posted:

I'm close enough already, so cheaply eating good salad every day instead of giving into the siren call of 900 pounds of costco pizza is easy enough

I'm genuinely not lying I like kale salad and salads without dressing, just on the side to dip a little. :saddowns:

You
are
a
liar

No fuckhead, NONE! When given the chance at Kale and loving pizza, and I don't mean san fran pizza, I mean loving meat and cheese pizza, chooses Kale.

Cast off your bonds brother and eat with me!

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

VendaGoat posted:

You
are
a
liar

No fuckhead, NONE! When given the chance at Kale and loving pizza, and I don't mean san fran pizza, I mean loving meat and cheese pizza, chooses Kale.

Cast off your bonds brother and eat with me!

I will on my cheat day and that ain't till Thursday bucko, I am eating dried tart cherries and some chicken broth and you're gonna have to deal with it

I mean christ 700 calories a slice I think I am a good drat 15 years ahead of my "eat an entire goddamn pizza" phase unless it's a special occasion and I'm high out of my gourd

Protip: giant bags of kale or any costco salad pack is great food to just shovel down your goddamn maw and provides indescribable tactile sensations when you're baked enough to be somewhere over Jupiter

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Motherfuck...

Mother..

Mother...

gently caress....

I lost god damned 120 pounds of fat by not eating like a fat sack of poo poo..

Motherfucker you just made me regret it.

gently caress you oval office, I should have gone the other way and been 700 pounds.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

VendaGoat posted:

gently caress you oval office, I should have gone the other way and been 700 pounds.

Congrats, I went down the same road, it ain't easy

Also I have to eat carefully at times because I have some internal damage from when I was a kid soooooooooooooo kale is cool and gentle unlike the iron fist of 5 pounds of hot raw melted cheese over savory sweet sauce and crunchy salty bread raging through your insides like a great white hot knife. And it is genuinely hard to get down more than a single slice anyways unless I'm higher than a spooked rabbit, because my stomach has shrunk to the point of hating max capacity, which is a pretty great thing

Point is, Costco stands before you, and it says that one will lie, but the other will tell the tru- no, no wait I meant in one hand it holds life and cheap good salad, OR, or in the other hand, Infinite Pizza, choose wisely

Choose both

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Black August posted:

Congrats, I went down the same road, it ain't easy

Also I have to eat carefully at times because I have some internal damage from when I was a kid soooooooooooooo kale is cool and gentle unlike the iron fist of 5 pounds of hot raw melted cheese over savory sweet sauce and crunchy salty bread raging through your insides like a great white hot knife. And it is genuinely hard to get down more than a single slice anyways unless I'm higher than a spooked rabbit, because my stomach has shrunk to the point of hating max capacity, which is a pretty great thing

Point is, Costco stands before you, and it says that one will lie, but the other will tell the tru- no, no wait I meant in one hand it holds life and cheap good salad, OR, or in the other hand, Infinite Pizza, choose wisely

Choose both

All you have done is maked me liked your posting.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

VendaGoat posted:

All you have done is maked me liked your posting.

And all you've done is make me want pizza bad enough I'd punch a fat kid into a coma for his piece, thanks a lot rear end in a top hat

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Black August posted:

And all you've done is make me want pizza bad enough I'd punch a fat kid into a coma for his piece, thanks a lot rear end in a top hat

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

GET A ROOM!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Powershift posted:

GET A ROOM!

Jealous, oval office?

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Dare you to go on the first payday Saturday of the month, today, the day before the Super Bowl.

I did, no one was smiling, the food line was 20 deep, and generally it was a bad call for some more sodas.

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

Dely Apple posted:

Dare you to go on the first payday Saturday of the month, today, the day before the Super Bowl.

I did, no one was smiling, the food line was 20 deep, and generally it was a bad call for some more sodas.

Counterpoint, Superbowl weekend is the weekend they have the most samples, with an average of three times as many as usual.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I went Friday for my snacks. I also forgot I basically made out with Black August ITT.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

They had a nice layering sweater out and every single one out of 40 were Medium. America is getting back into shape apparently.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Dely Apple posted:

They had a nice layering sweater out and every single one out of 40 were Medium. America is getting back into shape apparently.

No fatties allowed in Costco, you didn't pay attention to your renewal notice did you.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Dely Apple posted:

From my experience there is another Costco 50 miles away that only has Larges. Of course the current instore inventory system doesn't let you search by size.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel

Relevant Tangent posted:

No fatties allowed in Costco, you didn't pay attention to your renewal notice did you.

Have you tried one of the dress shirts? Really nice shirts but holy gently caress. I'm a fat idiot and I could fit two of me in those dress shirts

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Mediums are actually an XL. Makes the lards feel better.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Planning on hitting up the 'ol Costso tonight for some frozen Normandy vegetable blend, paper products, and some pre-diced rotisserie chicken packs.

Also gonna fill up the gas tank and maybe snag a hot dog.

Thanks Costco!

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
Honestly I don't think the Costco dogs (even the Polish ones) are all that. They're just okay. Can't beat the price though, so there's that.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I went to the second nearest Costco to me today, they have some amazing beef chili.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I went to the second nearest Costco to me today, they have some amazing beef chili.

at the foodcourt?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Chinatown posted:

at the foodcourt?

Yeah, it was so good, I found some packed in their deli section so bought one to take home.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

The Cubelodyte posted:

Honestly I don't think the Costco dogs (even the Polish ones) are all that. They're just okay. Can't beat the price though, so there's that.

They're miles ahead of Ikea dogs.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Dely Apple posted:

I can't wear any clothes from Costco besides socks because they don't have size small shirts.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

KakerMix posted:

I can't wear any clothes from Costco besides socks because they don't have size small shirts.

so just get some dora the explorer tees in the kids section

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

There are 6 Costco's within 15 minutes radius of me. That's 30 minutes driving end to end. A veritable free food samples buffet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

FogHelmut posted:

There are 6 Costco's within 15 minutes radius of me. That's 30 minutes driving end to end. A veritable free food samples buffet.

if theres that many costcos near you then you live in an area with incredible population density, likely in the northeast and you are not travelling to 6 different anything in a half hour