Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BeefSupreme
Sep 14, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
also in i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay W. Friks
Oct 4, 2016

Got Out.
Grimey Drawer
In

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Ininininin

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
In

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
in

The Cut of Your Jib
Apr 24, 2007

you don't find a style

a style finds you

in

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
in

SkaAndScreenplays
Dec 11, 2013

by Pragmatica

sebmojo posted:

post the crits ska
Sorry for the lack of enthusiasm and mediocre critiques that follow but I'm emotionally drained atm but promises are promises
also sorry for the delays but I figured the toxx had been called in already and just didn't bother to check...

CHAIRCHUCKER: Boring Words Are Expendable
Good words, worthy of the HM. The insights into the weird inner workings of Sam's mind are particularily interesing.

EROGENOUS BEEF: Flush with Cash.
The voice of this story does a good job at conveying the urgency of the story. The middle dragged on a bit but the ending was satisfying. IIRC your best dome entries all have a bizarro streak and you're really good at writing bizarro fiction. I enjoyed this quite a bit.

STEELTOEDSNEAKERS: An Interrogation.
This story is a bit meandering and kind of a mess. Your antagonist is cartoonishly evil and there's no real direction to the story.

FLERP: Somewhere
This feels really introspective and I think I empathize with the message. It's a tragic story of isolation. Good job.

FLERP: Sorry, I'm not flying.
:( You're really good at making me feel sad but in a way that means your words are good.

SPARKSBLOOM: Dead Names
This is super dark and does a good job with offering a perspective you don't see that often in writing or in Thunderdome. I can feel the stares and hear the quiet snickers of the passers-by and I was seething with rage at them. Evocative but doesn't have the staying power of some of the previous entries.

METROFREAK: Heart Improvement
A little bit too literal of an interperetation of heartbreak for me. Could easily have been improved with some restraint in the earlier bits building up to a more graphic end.

ANIME WAS RIGHT: Not Quite Friends
This doesn't do much for me but I think I'm jaded from reading so much today. I'm emotionally drained about a bunch of stuff especially realizing that I completely missed the point of this loving prompt and went about it in a way that was completely wrong both by my interpretation and the intent. I'm just finding this story hard to follow but it is probably not entirely your fault.

ENTENZAHN: The Answers You Find and the Questions You Don't
A well-needed comedic turn in what has been a stream of soul-crushing sadness that makes writers write. Thank you for that. The humor serves the story well and even though there's a few contrived moments none of it is unforgivable. Thanks for picking up the tone though.

I'll have the final 11 up tomorrow...
If someone wants to call in my toxx today I'll pay the :10bux: and hopefully find some more emotional currency with which to properly critique these stories. I feel that maybe not having that called down yet might be part of my ennui might be from the fact that I feel like I'm freeloading.

Sorry for sucking and failing poetry week.

SkaAndScreenplays fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Jan 24, 2017

SkaAndScreenplays
Dec 11, 2013

by Pragmatica
In This Week:
Maybe I won't gently caress this one up.
:toxx: for the fail last week.

SkaAndScreenplays fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Jan 24, 2017

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
I'm up for being in, or judging.

Your call Mr. Joe.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Same

Metrofreak
Mar 17, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER
In.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Put me in coach

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

SkaAndScreenplays posted:

In This Week:

:dukedoge:in

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
in

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward

Sitting Here posted:

:toxx: that I'll have crits from this week and Voidmart 2 up by whenever submissions close next Sunday

who watches the watchmen

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Entenzahn posted:

who watches the watchmen

it's in the mail, madame defarge. Ska's too.

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
In.

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward

sebmojo posted:

it's in the mail, madame defarge. Ska's too.

what are you, some kind of narc

sparksbloom
Apr 30, 2006
In.

Okua
Oct 30, 2016

In

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

I'm in

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
In.

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'm in, and I'll write it by Friday. If it's not done by Friday, I'll back out. NORMALLY, I'd just wait til Friday to say I'm in, but to get in, I need to have the TV premise. So. There you go. Long story short, what the hell I can do this.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
Bring on the slush.

Hawklad
May 3, 2003

Who wants to live
forever?

DIVE!

College Slice
IN

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

in, I am

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
in

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
in in in in in in in in in in

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

k, im in.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Entenzahn posted:

who watches the watchmen

don't worry i'll be gone soon

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Sitting Here posted:

don't worry i'll be gone soon

please dont die, dad.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Sitting Here posted:

don't worry i'll be goon

GenJoe
Sep 15, 2010

Rehabilitated?

That's just a bullshit word.

BeefSupreme posted:

also in i guess

"A young midwife starts working in an impoverished neighborhood. Her eyes are about to be opened. Wide."

"A brash city doctor gets a crash course in country living when she sets up shop in the land of cotton."

"Surprise! You're a single dad. It's a new world of nighttime feedings -- and the dreaded diaper changes."

"Belly up to the Boston bar where everyone knows your name. The laughs flow as freely as the beer."

"This psychiatrist deals with neuroses, narcissism and dysfunction every day. And that's just at home."

"Audacious interns in over their heads. They practice mischief and medicine while learning the ropes."

"Two FBI agents are on the trail of the strange and unexplained. The truth is out there but it's hard to believe."

SkaAndScreenplays posted:

In This Week:
:toxx: for the fail last week.

"She's calm and collected on TV, but behind the scenes, there's nothing but drama -- and no end in sight."

"No wife, no kids and he works out of his garage. But he has plenty of misery to keep him company."

Djeser posted:

Put me in coach

"Bernie is filled with love for these kids -- tough love. And the more he loses patience, the tougher it gets!"

"A young woman's lifelong goal to stay pure is foiled. Now she's got nine months to come up with a new plan."

"A writer stuck in the past. A teen with an uncertain future. On a road trip full of firsts, they get a new lease on life."

"Dating, career, finding a great taco: It's all hard. But becoming a mature adult is a whole other degree of difficulty."

"Two kids, a single mom and a feisty grandma. Three generations under one roof. Their home: hectic. Their hearts: huge."

"High times. Lowlifes. These guys scrape by with the least amount of effort and a few visits to the penitentiary"

"500 years in the future, a ragtag crew travels the universe. They are looking for work but always find trouble."

"A former Confederate wreaks destruction across the west in a quest for revenge. There'll be blood on these tracks. "

magnificent7 posted:

I'm in, and I'll write it by Friday. If it's not done by Friday, I'll back out. NORMALLY, I'd just wait til Friday to say I'm in, but to get in, I need to have the TV premise. So. There you go. Long story short, what the hell I can do this.

"A lottery ticket is a lesson in karma. He's a schmuck trying to right his wrongs. He's got a lot of work to do."

Obliterati posted:

Bring on the slush.

"Married, engaged or single, a group of friends unravel the rules of love. But usually they just unravel."

"This treacherous, snow-ridden road is a graveyard for semis. Without this cleanup crew, it'd be one paralyzed highway."

"It's the soccer game they've waited for their whole lives, and nothing's gonna keep 'em from seeing it. Not even death."

"Bell-bottoms, pot-smoking and not-yet-classic rock. It's a groovy time to come of age in the suburbs."

jon joe posted:

in in in in in in in in in in

"He'll deliver any package for the right price. If he doesn't know what's inside, it can't hurt him. Theoretically."

"His voice? Soothing. His hair? Impressive. His paintings? Simple, beautiful and full of happy little trees."

GenJoe
Sep 15, 2010

Rehabilitated?

seriously feel free to twist these any way you want I don't want them to feel too restrictive

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

GenJoe posted:

seriously feel free to twist these any way you want I don't want them to feel too restrictive

Bringing me on to judge then?

GenJoe
Sep 15, 2010

Rehabilitated?

Chili posted:

Bringing me on to judge then?

Do you want to enter? I was going to ask on IRC if there was anyone who didn't want to enter but wanted to judge. I'll do that now.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

GenJoe posted:

Do you want to enter? I was going to ask on IRC if there was anyone who didn't want to enter but wanted to judge. I'll do that now.

grab your judges with both hands and never let them go even if they struggle

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

also genjoe is a loser who has become a winner, will the dome recognise that with an avatar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

in

• Locked thread