Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Door Frame posted:

I'd maintain that Goldens are Cayennes because they're too expensive for what they are, they break easily, and are almost exclusively owned by white families.

British Leyland and the English Bulldog line up pretty well, but I want to know what pitbulls are

Scions or anything TRD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Pitbulls are mustangs. They are harmless unless you train them to maim people.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Then Bulldogs are Land Rovers since they come from a tough rough background but now just have lots of flaws and need frequent operations :ohdear:

My Olde English Bulldogge on the other hand is a Toyota Pickup as she will injure herself doing stupid poo poo like climbing on top of furniture and dive bombing a bean bag and keep doing it until she explodes.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Plinkey posted:

German Shepherd's are the porches,

They both have suspension problems and love to kill people ?

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

InitialDave posted:

Dog's have all-paw drive and low gearing out the hole, great 60' times.

Don't forget the open front (sausage sensing) and locking rear snifferentials.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Ugh

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Sappo569 posted:

They both have suspension problems and love to kill people ?

:golfclap:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

The Door Frame posted:

Dachshunds are the VW Thing

Static slammed.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

So rotaries would be high strung dogs with genetic heart problems?

bend
Dec 31, 2012

DJ Commie posted:

My ridgeback puppy can hit about 17mph chasing me on the trails. She's not even fully grown yet... :gonk:

We had ridgeys when I was a kid, dad used to breed them. Fast dogs and absolute table hoovers, the last one we had (Red, unimaginative name I know) decided that he was large enough that cars should stop for him, so he'd sit in the road out front of the house until a car stopped then walk up to the window to check them out.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

TotalLossBrain posted:

I have a Golden Retriever and three Shi-Tzus. What kind of garage does that make?

3 broken Toyota Yaris and a minivan.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
So I drove my 1988 Comanche two towns over to pick up a heater. It has been making a funny warbly rattly noise for a while and right after a funny clank-grind-twang it went from intermittent to constant. All gauges normal so I figured something got in the fan...

I get to the sellers house and as soon as I stop moving a cloud of steam comes out of the hood seams. Uhoh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdsLudXYDWw
(My AvE impression isn't the best)

Then I drove it home that way because it's a 4.0L and can take it. If it can't then the last overheat this spring due to the radiator being shite did it in anyways. Still ran great when shut off... apparently this HG is either already dead or gives no fucks and takes no prisoners.

This is why I own jeeps. They tolerate abuse remarkably well :v:

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006
Clearly, since what you have there is a failure to chooch.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Yeah, that's right dickered.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

kastein posted:

(My AvE impression isn't the best)

You didn't even tell me where to keep my dick :colbert:

Bathroom Surprise
Feb 15, 2005

Heh, the pump on the 4.3 in my 95 C1500 did the same last year, exact same quote came out of my mouth.

Then the brake fluid made an escape from somewhere during a hard stop on the parkway couple months ago, figure I'll poke at it in the spring.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Memento posted:

I'd love to have enough land to own a collie or two some day. There's nothing more satisfying than running a dog that has seemingly endless energy until it's exhausted.

I have border collie / heeler mix. They do not get exhausted ever.

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jan 26, 2017

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Pomp and Circumcized posted:

You didn't even tell me where to keep my dick :colbert:

I'm not the judgemental sort, keep it wherever you want so long as they're ok with it, eh?

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

FogHelmut posted:

So the Toyota Hilux/Tacoma of dogs.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
They're also clever as gently caress escape artists, and have no common sense. See: Zip, a heeler who saw a deer and leapt out the goddamned window at 65 mph then disappeared into the brush for 45 minutes before running back, tail wagging and looking rough but happy as gently caress, like he was returning from the greatest party of his life.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

FogHelmut posted:

Good dog.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Godholio posted:

They're also clever as gently caress escape artists, and have no common sense. See: Zip, a heeler who saw a deer and leapt out the goddamned window at 65 mph then disappeared into the brush for 45 minutes before running back, tail wagging and looking rough but happy as gently caress, like he was returning from the greatest party of his life.

poo poo like this is historically why my heelers have not been allowed near windows rolled down enough for them to fit out of. Happened more than once, amazingly the dog(s) never broke anything.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

FogHelmut posted:

My wife used to work in animal rescue and is curious how you've managed to maintain your sanity with that mix without living on a farm with a flock of sheep for it to herd.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

BitBasher posted:

poo poo like this is historically why my heelers have not been allowed near windows rolled down enough for them to fit out of. Happened more than once, amazingly the dog(s) never broke anything.

My Heeler/chow mix kept over our gate when we lived in Oregon to go kill a small animal (small dog/treat) but was stopped by the Hyundai that hit her and went over her at 35 mph. She had road rash and some punctures in her legs from rocks, required surgery for one of her legs, but nothing broke and no internal injuries. All said, more damage was done to the Hyundai. Since the collision, she sneezes when she looks up or is rolled onto her back.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

El Jebus posted:

My Heeler/chow mix kept over our gate when we lived in Oregon to go kill a small animal (small dog/treat) but was stopped by the Hyundai that hit her and went over her at 35 mph. She had road rash and some punctures in her legs from rocks, required surgery for one of her legs, but nothing broke and no internal injuries. All said, more damage was done to the Hyundai. Since the collision, she sneezes when she looks up or is rolled onto her back.

For a moment, I wondered how a car could sneeze.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
People that refer to cars or motorcycles as "she" probably need to notify their neighbors when they move into an area.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

El Jebus posted:

My Heeler/chow mix

I am utterly failing to picture this. have a picture?

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Found on facebook

If I had to guess, clutch was installed without using new hardware, loctite, or a torque wrench.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

People that refer to cars or motorcycles as "she" probably need to notify their neighbors when they move into an area.

When I was getting insurance on my motorcycle the agent kept doing this and it was a lady, it was so weird.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

My old truck was dubbed big bertha and I refered to it as a she. I occassionally refer to the mazda wagon as a she. Its a pretty common thing I always thought. v:shobon:v

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

BitBasher posted:

So the Toyota Hilux/Tacoma of dogs.

no that's the Australian cow sheppard.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

BitBasher posted:

I am utterly failing to picture this. have a picture?

Thankfully I answered this on the last page.

El Jebus posted:

What are Blue Heelers? Chow chows? Because I have an odd mix...

But have some more!

Platystemon posted:

For a moment, I wondered how a car could sneeze.

Have you watched Rick & Morty?

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Neat! Good looking dog!

EDIT: Looks like a heeler wearing a labrador ghillie suit!

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jan 26, 2017

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

FogHelmut posted:

12/10 would ride a quad bike mustering sheep with your dog running alongside all day.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

this is more of a horrible engineering failure, gently caress YOU CHRYSLER gently caress YOU gently caress YOU

gently caress
YOU

there is not enough gently caress YOU in this world to adequately express my opinion of those garbagedick trashpile lugnuts. Why did they use them for like 20 years straight?

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

El Jebus posted:

Dog's can't look up :rolleyes:

PitViper
May 25, 2003

Welcome and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart!
I love you!

kastein posted:

this is more of a horrible engineering failure, gently caress YOU CHRYSLER gently caress YOU gently caress YOU

gently caress
YOU

there is not enough gently caress YOU in this world to adequately express my opinion of those garbagedick trashpile lugnuts. Why did they use them for like 20 years straight?

I spent an hour and a half one day busting those drat caps off of every single lug on a Charger with a screwdriver just so I could remove all the lugs and replace them while doing a tire change. Then the dumbfuck brought 16 mismatched 19/21mm drive lugs to replace the 20 7/8" drive lugs that I had just destroyed. God that was the worst day ever. I hope he gets a flat and realizes his lug wrench doesn't fit jack and poo poo anymore.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

kastein posted:

gently caress
YOU

They make over sized socket sets just for Chryslers bullshit lugs. Sized .5mm over.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
Kastein's post reminds me, I need to swap out the lugnuts on my wife's '08 Focus to something without those lovely caps in the event I (personally, as opposed to a shop) ever have to get a wheel off again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Geoj posted:

My wife used to work in animal rescue and is curious how you've managed to maintain your sanity with that mix without living on a farm with a flock of sheep for it to herd.

40 minute walks every day only seem to give her more energy.

It's difficult.

She will play fetch until she passes out.

Sometimes we get her out, but good luck getting her back in.