Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
B seems cool and hilarious. A is probably the best one though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I think A is the straightforward correct answer. Of course, who knows anymore at this point.

I was checking in this morning as I suspected there'd be an encounter but I have a work event this afternoon so will try to be back later to review the clusterfuck that was N1.

Ordinarily I'd wait for more discussion to vote, but since I have about five minutes before my next meeting...

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Option A

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I dunno guys, option D seems pretty hot. Like, I don't know about ya'll but...

On second thought, let's come to a consensus about exactly how much cpig is loving with us (always assume maximum X) and punishing us for using the walkthrough (you fools) and then decide together rather than empty voting?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Desch is already dead we get literally no benefit from staying on this mountain.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
a

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Gonna lock in A. The walkthrough was pretty accurate as far as how things turned out last time, and since we can't beat Bahamut it's probably best to try and avoid it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Ayyyyy

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

peramene posted:

I dunno guys, option D seems pretty hot. Like, I don't know about ya'll but...

On second thought, let's come to a consensus about exactly how much cpig is loving with us (always assume maximum X) and punishing us for using the walkthrough (you fools) and then decide together rather than empty voting?

Cpig is loving with us exactly one and a half times as much as the person with the second highest expectation. This leads to a very large and meaningless number.

This is why D is very tempting to me. But with four A's already locked in, that's a pretty likely winner.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Yeah guys cpig probably won't be following the game exactly or it would be pointless to even have these events. I think c would be fun.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kashuno posted:

Tobbs actually presents a hella good read on Moat and Bif. The only way you can judge players "based on their job choice' is to know what the jobs do ahead of time. Possible major slip.

You know how in a normal game, you get someone to like -2 and they go "oh no pleeeease don't kill me cause I have this awesome power role"? When they claim it, if it's dodgy you don't just automatically go "oh ok they're town then", you ask them "well ok if you're the town such-and-such, what did you do with that power each day,and why?"

If someone is town, they can say so right away and explain honestly why they made each choice they did, in all their uninformed glory.

If someone is scum, they will have to make something up or possibly fudge some details, possibly leading to something that will incriminate themselves, or help seal the deal by showing that they still sound off and insincere.

But what do I know about it, Kash is just the guy who goes all crazy setup detective half the games I've been with him. And Tobbs would really like you to think that wanting to wait for this kind of scenario to push for a claim is "ignoring the mechanics of the game we're playing and advocating for town to out the jobs they picked." Uh-huh.

Kashuno posted:

I thought I was clear I got a 1 shot vig and killed asiina, the person I said was scum over and over.

I asked you Kash to independently confirm what stickup claimed about getting to level 3 BM and gaining another kill. It would be hella dumb and crazy for scum to ever lie about what a job does cause that's like instant gotcha once town also sees the info, so I don't see why you'd willfully ignore my question, must've just missed it but it's loving annoying.

PS maybe you forgot already but you already claimed black mage, it is not big bad bif pushing you to claim your role! I'm asking you to claim that stickup's already-claimed-info is legit thx

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

KB: I am a protective role, and I think optimal play is to tell everyone that.

First off, even if you're telling the truth, being a protective role doesn't make you town. Why? Because potentially every player can have a night kill. If scum doesn't have a doctor then they could be in trouble.

You know how this post reads to me?

"I'm a scum player who doesn't want to be targeted by a town vig, so I'm going to claim a protective role."

Does anyone else think a town protective role would never, ever do this?

:laffo: that's what I was saying last game and look where that got me omg

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

KB: I am a protective role, and I think optimal play is to tell everyone that.

First off, even if you're telling the truth, being a protective role doesn't make you town. Why? Because potentially every player can have a night kill. If scum doesn't have a doctor then they could be in trouble.

You know how this post reads to me?

"I'm a scum player who doesn't want to be targeted by a town vig, so I'm going to claim a protective role."

Does anyone else think a town protective role would never, ever do this?

I agree here. Having a protective ability in no way means town in this game. And revealing that a role provides protection doesn't mean anything either. Scum know that already, and town can probably guess it (when a job says "White Mage" it isn't hard to draw conclusions).

Claiming that a job provides a protective ability as a an attempt to garner town cred is a weak, shifty play in this game.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

You know how in a normal game, you get someone to like -2 and they go "oh no pleeeease don't kill me cause I have this awesome power role"? When they claim it, if it's dodgy you don't just automatically go "oh ok they're town then", you ask them "well ok if you're the town such-and-such, what did you do with that power each day,and why?"

If someone is town, they can say so right away and explain honestly why they made each choice they did, in all their uninformed glory.

If someone is scum, they will have to make something up or possibly fudge some details, possibly leading to something that will incriminate themselves, or help seal the deal by showing that they still sound off and insincere.

But what do I know about it, Kash is just the guy who goes all crazy setup detective half the games I've been with him. And Tobbs would really like you to think that wanting to wait for this kind of scenario to push for a claim is "ignoring the mechanics of the game we're playing and advocating for town to out the jobs they picked." Uh-huh.

I asked you Kash to independently confirm what stickup claimed about getting to level 3 BM and gaining another kill. It would be hella dumb and crazy for scum to ever lie about what a job does cause that's like instant gotcha once town also sees the info, so I don't see why you'd willfully ignore my question, must've just missed it but it's loving annoying.

PS maybe you forgot already but you already claimed black mage, it is not big bad bif pushing you to claim your role! I'm asking you to claim that stickup's already-claimed-info is legit thx

sorry I didn't really read the thread prior to today. I saw

Bifauxnen posted:

neither should you if you don't make with the black mage deets

and was like "ok I will claim the stuff I have"

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
is anyone else level 3 because I didn't receive a PM saying that

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Kashuno posted:

is anyone else level 3 because I didn't receive a PM saying that

I had to ask CPig, and he confirmed it. If you class changed D1 and used your class ability N1, you're skill level 3 now.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

quote:

Your Skill level will also be raise by 1 for each day/night cycle that you remain in the job.

There is no way anyone could be level 3 yet so idk how stickup knows what level 3 grants unless he's scum

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mithross posted:

I had to ask CPig, and he confirmed it. If you class changed D1 and used your class ability N1, you're skill level 3 now.

oh hm. I will check

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
jfc kash

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I guess cpig likes me best cause he proactively sent me a pm at like midnight telling me I was level 3

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mithross posted:

Cpig is loving with us exactly one and a half times as much as the person with the second highest expectation. This leads to a very large and meaningless number.

This is why D is very tempting to me. But with four A's already locked in, that's a pretty likely winner.

Yeah it looks like such an obvious joke choice, but what about back when we ran into the princess? If we'd just laid down and accepted life was futile, and she showed up instead of a monster, maybe it would've been a good result cause she would've thought we were wounded and healed us up or something :v:

but more seriously...

https://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/924897-final-fantasy-iii/faqs/64618

quote:

Eventually, you'll run into a scene. Bahamut, the god-dragon, will pick you up
and drop you in his next, along with the cute li'l baby Bahamuts. Aww... Aren't
they cute, carnivorous, blood-thirsty li'l chicks? Anywho, afterwards, speak
with the guy nearby, Desch. After a bit of conversing, you'll end up fighting
Bahamut himself!

Well, kinda. You can't *easily* kill this boss - after all, it's a freaking
dragon. Last I checked, you weren't some chivalrous knight from a children's
story, unless you're Ingus. :) But, seriously, just flee the fight.

So A does seem to be the obvious choice, but...

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Yeah guys cpig probably won't be following the game exactly or it would be pointless to even have these events. I think c would be fun.

if CPig is trying to be tricky here, I think the catch is we haven't actually started the fight with Bahamut yet, that was mentioned above. We just "see a huge shadow and hear a roar." But C still seems pointless cause it would still be a total waste of magic items.... :raise:

That leaves B or D that could possibly be good. I think D would be more likely to be good than B. Maybe Bahamut only wants to feed its young nice fresh live adventurers so playing dead is the way to go :v:

yeah I'm leaning towards D.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
wasn't run and hide actually not the correct answer for an early event like this last time?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kash didn't get any HP in his PM either!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Also, you both claimed vig right away (and someone has apparently been roleblocked). Why claim before we had more information? Now if you are town, you're almost certainly going to be blocked N2.

this is a faulty line of thinking. vigs have a higher chance of hitting town than scum, and scum not blocking us works out better for them. if town block us that's pretty dumb, as the scum have not been blocked, but it's a valid move.

I would have killed you before moat or IS anyway

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

if you remember correctly, post game cpig confirmed that that was actually true and he hosed up my role pm :v:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Bifauxnen posted:

:lol: kash what is your hp right now?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
maybe cpig hates me

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

this is a stickup posted:

this is a faulty line of thinking. vigs have a higher chance of hitting town than scum, and scum not blocking us works out better for them. if town block us that's pretty dumb, as the scum have not been blocked, but it's a valid move.

Depends on the player and who you think they're likely to target. As scum I've often found even a mere single town vig to be a threat we wanted to lock down. I'm just wondering why Mr. F would get blocked when he barely posted anything. It's not like that's a special sign of someone trying to hide a power role in this game or anything.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

Depends on the player and who you think they're likely to target. As scum I've often found even a mere single town vig to be a threat we wanted to lock down. I'm just wondering why Mr. F would get blocked when he barely posted anything. It's not like that's a special sign of someone trying to hide a power role in this game or anything.

do you think it's a worthwhile line of questioning tho? It's unlikely that scum had any reason to RB anyone particularly other than to do it because anyone could have a power role

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kashuno posted:

do you think it's a worthwhile line of questioning tho? It's unlikely that scum had any reason to RB anyone particularly other than to do it because anyone could have a power role

It could have been the other way around. Instead of Mr. F being targeted with a block, he could have been a BM targeting someone who was protected.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

this is a stickup posted:

I guess cpig likes me best cause he proactively sent me a pm at like midnight telling me I was level 3

:same:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Kashuno posted:

3P should not be suffered to live

you'd know a lot about suffering in mafia

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

you'd know a lot about suffering in mafia

:drat:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Option D

obviously

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
A

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CapitalistPig posted:

A. Run and Hide

The group tries to run but its too late!

The enormous dragon scoops them up and drops them into its nest to feed its children.

The Warriors inside the nest find the body of Desch with a note. It talks about how anyone who finds his body is free to take his Mini spell and hopefully it will give them more service than it did him.

The Warriors take the spell and leap fro the nest sliding down a long stony chute and landing in a big pile of moss thus breaking their fall.

Because, Final fantasy physics that's why.

The heroes travel south , onward to the gnome village of Tozus....

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Everyone gains 10 CP!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Whew that was obvious

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
We should've just never unlocked any jobs because I doubt freelancer ever got a vig. Anybody pick white mage? If not we should all swap if possible and create a healing chain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Im having a hard time engaging with this thread, could each of you guys give me some "homework" and tell me a person that you'd like for me to read their post history and give my thoughts on? That'd be great.

I always have a hard time re-entering a conversation when I missed time out. I make a lot of my calls from the context and nuance of different situations as they occur.

I'm going to limit this to four people for the time being, and maybe more depending on how much time i have tonight.

• Locked thread