Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

OldTennisCourt posted:

Red Zone Cuba might be the most miserable movie ever made.

We may be talking semantics here, but I honestly think that most well-made movies whose intention it is to make you feel miserable are wayyyyyy more miserable. At its worst, Red Zone Cuba makes me want to go to sleep, while at its best, Manchester by the Sea made me want to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
Red Zone Cuba made me remember Cherokee Jack, whether I wanted to or not.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I'm Cherokee Jack.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I still say, buried underneath all of Coleman Francis' ineptitude, there's an interesting story in there.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Wait, stupid question: along with the new season will they be uploading all the previous seasons on Netflix as well?

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

OldTennisCourt posted:

Wait, stupid question: along with the new season will they be uploading all the previous seasons on Netflix as well?

Probably not? I guess it depends on whether Netflix wants to pay for the rights to them. Not sure. Haven't heard any indication that they plan on doing so, though.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

The Ape of Naples posted:

I still say, buried underneath all of Coleman Francis' ineptitude, there's an interesting story in there.

I honestly feel this way about The Skydivers. It could have been decent in the hands of a more competent director.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
I didn't realize the MST3K Channel on Youtube had episodes available officially, so I've been tearing through some of these for the first time. Holy gently caress, Mitchell was one of the funniest things I've seen in a very long time, and I went ahead and bought one of the DVD sets that had it.

I'm having a bit of trouble identifying a short I saw a couple years ago. I'm pretty sure it was about a girl (maybe a couple) who goes to college, and the one joke I remember very fondly is a long boring shot of her walking across the quad and Crow yelling "Suddenly, a lone gunman!" Any idea?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Coheed and Camembert posted:

I didn't realize the MST3K Channel on Youtube had episodes available officially, so I've been tearing through some of these for the first time. Holy gently caress, Mitchell was one of the funniest things I've seen in a very long time, and I went ahead and bought one of the DVD sets that had it.

I'm having a bit of trouble identifying a short I saw a couple years ago. I'm pretty sure it was about a girl (maybe a couple) who goes to college, and the one joke I remember very fondly is a long boring shot of her walking across the quad and Crow yelling "Suddenly, a lone gunman!" Any idea?

The Home Economics Story!

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Oh cripes, Viking Women. The film is just unnecessarily mean to the actresses without any satisfying payoff. And while everyone remembers the prince (aka ":cry: I'M A GRIMWALD WARRIOR! :cry:"), it's the lead Viking guy that sticks in my mind as having the most :geno:, emotionless and sleep-inducing performance of the films MSt3k riffed. Even Tony loving Cardoza sounds upset a couple of times.

EDIT: Really, the only thing worth watching is the Wally the Waffle sketch.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
*walks into frame with a plate full of waffles*

Pancakes. Oh no...

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

all-Rush mixtape posted:

*walks into frame with a plate full of waffles*

Pancakes. Oh no...

This invention is based on the premise that tattoos are par to permy pon.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
I don't fink on soul brothers. :colbert:

(looks at Dr. F, then repeatedly collapses into helpless fits of laughter while wearing a tank costume)

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

For our friends in foreign lands!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I'm just gonna leave this here:

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
*Eyes pop out of head*
IM BLIND!

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

Mister Kingdom posted:

I'm just gonna leave this here:

I am 100% rigging up some sort of shelf in front of my TV to place these in the lower right corner...

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I'm Cherokee Jack.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

MrSlam posted:

*Eyes pop out of head*
IM BLIND!

GAH DON'T HOLD IT THERE!

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Best part of Poopie! is this:

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Egbert Souse posted:

I watched the blooper tape before I actually saw that episode and I was amazed to see how much of that was actually kept in the episode.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
Are they still sending out backer rewards?

Cause I still haven't received my Info Club membership card.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Egbert Souse posted:

Nothing's funnier than a screaming robot with his eyes on fire. This always makes me laugh.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

RaspberryCommie posted:

Are they still sending out backer rewards?

Cause I still haven't received my Info Club membership card.

Same boat here. I've gotten my T-shirt and postcards but that's it.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

Powered Descent posted:

Same boat here. I've gotten my T-shirt and postcards but that's it.

I got my card like 2 weeks after getting the shirt and postcards.

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST

SirPhoebos posted:

I'd give "Most Depressing" award to Red Zone Cuba. It's a film made by manic depressives, for manic depressives. ":geno: Bay of Pigs."

I still think Monster A Go-Go is the worst. The whole thing is such a slog of dreary, grey emptiness. That last half hour of NOTHING happening followed by the worst cop-out in film history is just agonising. It's like being kicked in the teeth after two hours of painful dental surgery.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
I want to see Moon Zero Two get a good remake.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Egbert Souse posted:

Between Trace's screaming, Kevin and Mike's continued laughter, and the split second where you can see Mike is genuinely terrified, this is one of the greatest moments in the series.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Maelstache posted:

I still think Monster A Go-Go is the worst. The whole thing is such a slog of dreary, grey emptiness. That last half hour of NOTHING happening followed by the worst cop-out in film history is just agonising. It's like being kicked in the teeth after two hours of painful dental surgery.

Monster A Go-Go is probably my goto for a background noise episode, when I just need something playing. It also has some great lines, both riffing and in sketches. My favorite:

Narrator: :geno: "THERE IS ONE WORD IN NUCLEAR PHYSICS MORE FEARED THAN ANY OTHER,"

Joel: :v: "Oops!"

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SirPhoebos posted:

Monster A Go-Go is probably my goto for a background noise episode, when I just need something playing. It also has some great lines, both riffing and in sketches. My favorite:

Narrator: :geno: "THERE IS ONE WORD IN NUCLEAR PHYSICS MORE FEARED THAN ANY OTHER,"

Yeah, there's something about the "aesthetic" of Monster a Go Go. That I like. It's a terrible movie but there is something in the sound and visuals that I enjoy. It's definitely a background movie.

Also, I like Circus on Ice, too.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
Yes, I made that phone noise! :v:

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Yes, I made that phone noise! :v:

That really was a quintessential MST3k moment. To be fair though, I'm assuming that that was just a place holder and everyone thought that a real phone ring would be dubbed over it. Either they didn't notice in editing or more likely just didn't care to fix it by that point.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

That really was a quintessential MST3k moment. To be fair though, I'm assuming that that was just a place holder and everyone thought that a real phone ring would be dubbed over it. Either they didn't notice in editing or more likely just didn't care to fix it by that point.

Monster A Go Go was a film put together from the remains of another production that went bust. That's why there's no ending, the guy who picked it up literally could not afford to shoot new footage.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

e: ^ ^ ^ also that

According to legend, Monster-a-Go-Go was intended to just be the second movie in a Hershel Gordon Lewis prepackaged double feature, because he was sick of drive-in owners ripping him off.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

The weirdest part is that all the other times they have a phone ring it's the loudest loving thing. They even use the sound after the production switch (when the dead doctor comes back as his brother).

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That's true too. I forgot how loud that ring was.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

MrSlam posted:

*Eyes pop out of head*
IM BLIND!

:geno: Help me. :geno:

SirPhoebos posted:

This exchange and 'The answer my friend, is blow it out your arse' never fail to catch me off guard and make me laugh like a loon. (That and the increasing gastric noises supplied for the Fat Man in Overdrawn at the Memory Bank)

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
One of these eons, I'll accidentally run across the episode of MST3K that I haven't seen, but one I saw the previews for.

This was back on the Comedy Central (or maybe the Comedy Channel) days. There was an advertisement for the show. Not for a specific episode, but just the show in general. The character on the screen, who I remember being a creepy old dude, told the person(s) he was with that in order to do what he was doing (hypnotism, mind control, something like that), he needed total silence so he could concentrate. Immediately, Joel and the robots began to loudly murmur.

I have no idea what that's from, and probably never will. But one day....

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Hello...

The diginet COMET-TV airs two MST3K episodes every Sunday night. Outside of Sandy Frank films which he pulled the rights from because Joel and Mike and the bots lit him up like a Christmas tree everything seems intact outside of that and possibly the Godzilla movies where the broadcast rights could have lapsed by now.

Check HERE and find your market to see where COMET might be where you live.

Next Sunday (1/28) will be "The Wild Wild World of Batwoman" from original airdate 11-13-1993 followed by "The Killer Shrews" & a rodeo short from 7-25-1992.

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jan 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?
What's the tune Crow and Tom sing during Monster a Go Go? "Hum, didee-dee... Hooah-hooah"